The Moscow/Idaho Murders #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just reading through the PC and one bit caught my attention on page 5.

It states that THE COMBINATION OF D.M's statement to law enforcement, reviews of forensic downloads of records from both B.F and D.Ms phone, and video of a suspect as described below leads investigators to believe the homocides occured between 4am and 4.25am.

What forensic downloads of records from B.F and D.M are they taking about do we think? Where they communicating by phone whilst this was going on?

I am not blaming any other housemates at all, i dont believe in bashing the surving victims for anything that happened that night but that particular statement has me wondering what would be so interesting on the 2 girls phones during the times the attacks took place.
Maybe D was messaging B to see if she heard anything, B could have said no and not to worry about what she saw, and then D decided to just go to sleep.

Reactions: 10
Just reading through the PC and one bit caught my attention on page 5.

It states that THE COMBINATION OF D.M's statement to law enforcement, reviews of forensic downloads of records from both B.F and D.Ms phone, and video of a suspect as described below leads investigators to believe the homocides occured between 4am and 4.25am.

What forensic downloads of records from B.F and D.M are they taking about do we think? Where they communicating by phone whilst this was going on?

I am not blaming any other housemates at all, i dont believe in bashing the surving victims for anything that happened that night but that particular statement has me wondering what would be so interesting on the 2 girls phones during the times the attacks took place.
Video of a suspect?

Reactions: 2
We can’t say that the evidence is only circumstantial at this stage because the only evidence in the PCA is to allow a warrant for his arrest

since the PCA was written they Will have analysed his phone/computer, will have searched his car/home and tested his clothes etc. they might even have found the weapon at this point - isn’t there a gag order on the police so we won’t know anything that’s going on with the investigation. I hope they really manage to nail him down with the evidence!

also agree that the PCA mentions they reviewed forensic downloads of both Bethany and Dylan’s phone which makes me think they were messaging each other and the other roommates trying to understand what was going on and eventually called their friends over when there was no answer from anyone else and they then called 911?

Reactions: 9
I'm not TikTok's target audience so I wasn't aware there were video clips of all the victims and the survivors on there. It's heartbreaking to see the footage of them, so happy and just living their lives to the fullest.

It's also strange to see the inside of the house. The outside of the house is something we've all seen a lot of, and it looks somewhat clinical and plain, and uninviting. But the video clips show how homely and friendly it was inside.

I wonder if BK had seen these clips on TikTok as part of his stalking, or if he went into the house not knowing at all what the inside was like?
I agree, it actually seemed like a really cute house how the girls had got it! That tik tok is so sad with them all on there, just being care free and enjoying life. He's a sicko

Reactions: 5
I really hope Dylan gets the support she needs after this case, she has experienced something no one should ever have to experience. She must be feeling so traumatised and alone, I hope the court goes easy on her when questioning her about the night. However if it’s anything like the uk court I doubt they will 😢 so traumatic for her.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
I really hope Dylan gets the support she needs after this case, she has experienced something no one should ever have to experience. She must be feeling so traumatised and alone, I hope the court goes easy on her when questioning her about the night. However if it’s anything like the uk court I doubt they will 😢 so traumatic for her.
I definitely hope she is supported but I cannot understand why she didn't check on her friends, or if she felt frightened dial the police.

• Angry
Reactions: 5
I definitely hope she is supported but I cannot understand why she didn't check on her friends, or if she felt frightened dial the police.
I think it’s human nature to wonder and be curious however I’m sure it will all come out, we only know a very small part of the story right now. Even so none of us know how we’d react in that situation 🤷🏼‍♀️ I do agree, I have so many questions.

Reactions: 20
also agree that the PCA mentions they reviewed forensic downloads of both Bethany and Dylan’s phone which makes me think they were messaging each other and the other roommates trying to understand what was going on and eventually called their friends over when there was no answer from anyone else and they then called 911?
Agree. They may have been messaging the whole time but too scared to leave their rooms. They may have been trying to build up the courage. Or Dylan may have been in too much shock to even dare message Bethany straight away... It could have taken time for her to get in touch. Or Dylan may have messaged everyone in the house and only dared leave her room when Bethany responded when she woke up, which could have been any time. Supposedly this house always had people coming and going, imagine how eerily quiet the house must have been that morning, maybe they were saying we'll go out if we don't hear anything in 15 mins, and then were still scared and decided to wait longer. Maybe they decided to wait and if they hadn't heard anyone up by 12pm, they would call friends to come and check it out/make sure everyone was ok. The amount the police were called to that house, maybe they didn't want to call unless they really had to. They didn't want to be seen to be wasting police time.

Reactions: 19
Dylan could have text Bethany with what she saw/heard and probably told her to stay in her room (I think Bethany was asleep for what was going on anyway by the sounds of it) and I imagine Dylan was scared so maybe they had a house group chat and were getting no replies from the other roommates - maybe they decided to stay in their rooms until they thought they definitely no longer heard anything and felt safe to come out together.

I can’t believe how much people are going after Dylan on tiktok and stuff - literally brutal. Saying she could have saved her friends? Well not really he came in and did everything in 20 mins. Or could have got the suspect sooner? They were on to him pretty quickly anyway but still have to build a case.

Honestly I just feel really sorry for the roommates atm. Imagine being trashed online for weeks with people saying you were involved then an arrest is made and now you’re being trashed for being a victim. People are vile.

Reactions: 27
We don't know full story as yet (perhaps never will) but undergrad we definitely checked up on each other so this is the bit which is incomprehensible to me. Perhaps we were all much better behaved than I'd realised!

Reactions: 3
Maybe D was messaging B to see if she heard anything, B could have said no and not to worry about what she saw, and then D decided to just go to sleep.
Yeh this is what I am thinking too. Sounds for sure like there was some communication going on.

I don't think Dylan calling the police when she first heard the noises or saw the figure in the hallway would have made any difference to the overall outcome really. Yes they police would have got there quicker and had an head start but I think there would have still been 4 fatalities.

Imagine how she felt the next day when coming out of her room and seeing what had happened, jesus it's enough to make you never sleep again.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Sorry if it's already posted but where can I read the PCA? It says it's not available in Europe for me

It is possible D texted the friends that allegedly came over in the morning and called the police. Given they're students and it was late she may not have received a reply because people were drunk/high/sleeping

Though if she didn't think to text other housemates just to check if they're okay, especially as she had heard them possibly awake, then I'm still very confused about what was going through her head

One of the rumours, which also seems to have some local origin to it, is that she was high at the time. If that's the case people don't expect her to be able to give evidence in court

Reactions: 3
Yeh this is what I am thinking too. Sounds for sure like there was some communication going on.

I don't think Dylan calling the police when she first heard the noises or saw the figure in the hallway would have made any difference to the overall outcome really. Yes they police would have got there quicker and had an head start but I think there would have still been 4 fatalities.

Imagine how she felt the next day when coming out of her room and seeing what had happened, jesus it's enough to make you never sleep again.
Me either - and also, I feel like she would have put herself in more danger if she was speaking on the phone and he heard her. Apparently he walked past her but he might not have 'seen' her if that makes sense?

None of us know how we'd react in this sort of situation. I personally know I freeze when I get into scary / traumatic situations, I'd be useless if this sort of thing happened to me.

Reactions: 8
One of the rumours, which also seems to have some local origin to it, is that she was high at the time. If that's the case people don't expect her to be able to give evidence in court
Agree, I think the evidence of her seeing him could easily be dismissed if she was in a tired state/high/hungover etc. You couldn't really pin it on the bushy eyebrows etc. DNA will be crucial.

Reactions: 4
I wonder if KG was actually the target. Maybe he’d been stalking her for a while and then she moved out of town and the house. She was back for one night and had posted on Instagram about being back- perhaps he saw this and acted on a ‘whim’ as he knew it was his chance. Could then explain why her being in bed with MM caught him by surprise

Reactions: 4
Agree, I think the evidence of her seeing him could easily be dismissed if she was in a tired state/high/hungover etc. You couldn't really pin it on the bushy eyebrows etc. DNA will be crucial.
I think they have more evidence to go on regarding D than just D's word for it. They carried out extensive searches on both B and Ds phones during the times of the murders 🤷‍♀️

Attachments

People need to hang ten on Dylan's story imo. There will 100% be more to it. The affidavit is only to secure the arrest so chances are there is way more to her witness statement than just those parts included in it. The police will be saving things for the trial anyway but they only needed to include the most relevant bits in it to make sure they could arrest him.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.