The Moscow/Idaho Murders #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is it right he went there once that evening, then back again when
I swear some people are acting angrier at Dylan rather than the actual murderer ffs 🤦🏼‍♀️ hate tiktok sometimes
i’ve been avoiding it.

have you seen the images of the plane above where he was arrested from the night before? Literally circling for over an hour.

Reactions: 3
That's what I mean. I appreciate people being confused but we probably don't have the entirety of her story. There could be a plausible explanation why she didn't and she could have explained why she didn't in her witness statement to the police which wasn't relevant in the affidavit. As I said, they have only included enough to secure the arrest. She's likely going to have to take the stand anyway and it'll come out later on.

People are taking the timeline and information from it as pure gospel, exactly what happened, case closed. Of course it is true, not everything will be in there.
Yes this, all the speculation on why she didn’t call earlier i so unnecessary and I think quite offensive. We don’t know the details, saying she was high is a bit unfair. Like someone said I think if she was it wouldn’t have even been included in the pc and more information will come out later.

Reactions: 17
Dylan clearly had nothing to do with the murders, and clearly has done nothing wrong. She would’ve been arrested weeks ago if there was any doubt at all about that

Reactions: 18
I had some more thoughts over night re Dylan and why he left her.
after looking at the house layout, I think it’s highly unlikely that if walking past her he didn’t see her, particularly as it’s been stated that she opened her door (ie it wasn’t just ajar). I think he had been caught out twice already that evening- he wasn’t expecting the two girls upstairs (IMO he was planning for one murder either MM or KG) and I don’t think the plan was ever to kill E and X. He may not even have know E was in the house. I think he saw Dylan (who is a bigger taller girl compared to the others) and probably thought who else could be behind her in the room. She may have had a 6’7 American football player as a boyfriend waiting to come out. Equally he was probs thinking ‘how many bleeping people live in this house?!’ I think he had satisfied his sick fantasy to kill and by that time wanted to get out of there ASAP
I was reading through some of the posts from the Reddit account that people widely believe was his. The poster repeated multiple times when others questioned why the killer left two housemates that maybe the killer was just satisfied with the number he had killed.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Kaylees dad seems to confirm one of the surviving housemates passed out
That’s been mentioned before but it’s in the context of passing out during the 911 call/ immediately after discovering the bodies. I think that’s where the idea that the police attended a unconscious person came from

Reactions: 6
I've seen a lot of different speculation about why exactly she did not call police etc but she also had no idea the extent of what had happened. There were no screams reported, just dog barking, crying and a thud so she couldn't have known the brutality of what had happened. as others have said it could have sounded like an argument

Reactions: 10
If your student house is a bit of a party house, then people crying or shouting out in the middle of the night is really not that unusual. Especially if they’ve been out drinking.

Reactions: 18
What do you think is the deal with people zeroing in on Dylan from day one?

I get now the PCA is out people will naturally discuss what she could or couldn’t have seen or done, but even before the PCA forums have been wild with speculation about Dylan, regarding drugs, involvement, other crazy theories. But not a single word about Bethany who was also present.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
With regard to Dylan everyone who is criticising her seem to think that when you witness something you respond in a cool calm and measured manner and know instinctively what to do. Nothing can be further from the truth. The worst crime scene I ever witnessed was in Newcastle where two Chinese students were basically sliced into pieces by gangsters. The first thing I saw on entering the premises was a severed hand lying on the carpet. The next thing I saw was the garden where I had to run to in order to vomit up my guts so as not to contaminate the scene. And at the time I had ten years experience in the job. Good only knows how a relatively young lass would have reacted.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
What do you think is the deal with people zeroing in on Dylan from day one?

I get now the PCA is out people will naturally discuss what she could or couldn’t have seen or done, but even before the PCA forums have been wild with speculation about Dylan, regarding drugs, involvement, other crazy theories. But not a single word about Bethany who was also present.
She really has been targetted - I saw people on reddit accusing her boyfriend and her being involved. Her/boyfriend and the hoodie guy are the ones I heard people claiming they were certain did it, but barely anything about Bethany (not that there should've been but its odd)

Reactions: 7
The scene in the morning is something that must have been haunting. I severely doubt that BK would have closed or locked the bedroom doors behind him. Imagine waking up and feeling nervous already and walking into X and Es bedroom and witnessing that. It must have been absolutely horrific

Does anyone else think there is a possibility he left the sheath with dna on purpose? I just feel like it seemed too easy, a sheath with dna just on the popper button left next to one of the victims. I suppose there may be other dna found not made public but if this does end up being the only dna for the entire scene? I would find that quite remarkable.

Maybe he wanted to leave just enough evidence that wouldn’t make it a quick arrest but would make it easy-ish for the police to track him down?

He was doing this course in crime / forensics (sorry can’t remember the exact name), he did the questionnaire on Reddit and possibly him posting about it on the Idaho forums after the murders, he applied for the police thing (was that meant to be some sort of sick joke?). Seems like he was very calculated.

Once arrested he’s waived his right to the extradition hearing - if you were genuinely innocent wouldn’t you do as much as possible to delay / throw the case out? Why take the risk if you are innocent?

I think he will want a trial. I wonder if this whole thing might be some sort of game to him and more than just about the killings. I think he may want the notoriety. Maybe he gets more of a thrill from this post-murder bit, the police investigation, the high profile nature of the crime/global interest, and now the ongoing court hearings/trial.

I’m certainly no expert in behaviour and I think he’s guilty but something just feels really off / bizarre about it all (his ‘mistakes’ and behaviour).

Just me thinking out loud, probably way off the mark.

Reactions: 15
Dylan clearly had nothing to do with the murders, and clearly has done nothing wrong. She would’ve been arrested weeks ago if there was any doubt at all about that
Yea, the "why didn't she get up and check on her roommates, we always checked on our friends, why didn't she call the police immediately?!?!?" talk is so unhelpful and unnecessary. You really think she's not kicking herself for that over and over again? Everyone needs to back off the woman, if the police thought she did something wrong I don't think they'd just let her walk free. One of the two TikTok creators I trust to cover this case said it best: She did her job, she survived. Even if she had called 911 immediately, it wouldn't bring the four murdered people back to life.

It's time to stop saying with any certainty whatsoever what you think you'd do in the situation (using the general "you", not any specific poster), because you were not in the situation. You don't know how you'd react. You just don't. We all like to think we'd react perfectly but until/unless the situation arises, you. do. not. know. And I hope to g-d it stays that way. Because no one should have to live with that horror.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Yea, the "why didn't she get up and check on her roommates, we always checked on our friends, why didn't she call the police immediately?!?!?" talk is so unhelpful and unnecessary. You really think she's not kicking herself for that over and over again? Everyone needs to back off the woman, if the police thought she did something wrong I don't think they'd just let her walk free. One of the two? TikTok creators I trust to cover this case said it best: She did her job, she survived. Even if she had called 911 immediately, it wouldn't bring the four murdered people back to life.

It's time to stop saying with any certainty whatsoever what you think you'd do in the situation (using the general "you", not any specific poster), because you were not in the situation. You don't know how you'd react. You just don't. We all like to think we'd react perfectly but until/unless the situation arises, you. do. not. know. And I hope to g-d it stays that way. Because no one should have to live with that horror.
Yes perfectly said

Does anyone else think there is a possibility he left the sheath with dna on purpose? I just feel like it seemed too easy, a sheath with dna just on the popper button left next to one of the victims. I suppose there may be other dna found not made public but if this does end up being the only dna for the entire scene? I would find that quite remarkable.

Maybe he wanted to leave just enough evidence that wouldn’t make it a quick arrest but would make it easy-ish for the police to track him down?

He was doing this course in crime / forensics (sorry can’t remember the exact name), he did the questionnaire on Reddit and possibly him posting about it on the Idaho forums after the murders, he applied for the police thing (was that meant to be some sort of sick joke?). Seems like he was very calculated.

Once arrested he’s waived his right to the extradition hearing - if you were genuinely innocent wouldn’t you do as much as possible to delay / throw the case out? Why take the risk if you are innocent?

I think he will want a trial. I wonder if this whole thing might be some sort of game to him and more than just about the killings. I think he may want the notoriety. Maybe he gets more of a thrill from this post-murder bit, the police investigation, the high profile nature of the crime/global interest, and now the ongoing court hearings/trial.

I’m certainly no expert in behaviour and I think he’s guilty but something just feels really off / bizarre about it all (his ‘mistakes’ and behaviour).

I also thought this, for a criminology student it’s a bit of an obvious mistake. Seemed to easy. However the other evidence is quite obvious so hes not as clever as he thought perhaps.

I wonder what the police/fbi kept going back into the house to look at?

Similar thoughts have crossed my mind.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.