The Moscow/Idaho Murders #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone said that upthread, it's only their speculation.

You get 10 different people in a room and you'll get 10 different accounts. There will never be full clarity on this but hopefully enough consistency to put it to rest.
its not the same though is it, because none of these “people” were in the room to give any kind of account. It’s just people on the Internet making it up. They have no knowledge whatsoever of the case

Do you really think the defence will tear Dylan apart for not calling 911? That has literally nothing to do with her evidence, which is that she saw a man described as xyz and heard xyz noises. The defence would not only look terrible and probably turn off the jury, but would surely be stopped by the judge if they went down this road? Its irrelevant

• Heart
Reactions: 5
This case has always been a bit strange from the start .
I can’t understand how all them people on the house and only one man and nobody rang the police .
the ones who survived didn’t call the police for I think nine hours . Strange .

Reactions: 2
its not the same though is it, because none of these “people” were in the room to give any kind of account. It’s just people on the Internet making it up. They have no knowledge whatsoever of the case

Do you really think the defence will tear Dylan apart for not calling 911? That has literally nothing to do with her evidence, which is that she saw a man described as xyz and heard xyz noises. The defence would not only look terrible and probably turn off the jury, but would surely be stopped by the judge if they went down this road? Its irrelevant
Unfortunately yes I think they will, they probably will go down the route of if she saw what she is saying then why didn’t she call, anything they can do to create doubt they will. Having giving evidence in court they are not nice places they twist anything you’ve said and will openly accuse you of lying to try and rattle you. I do really feel for her

Reactions: 13
If he pleads guilty, how is the rest of the information about the case published since there wouldn’t be a trial?
I’m not 100% sure on this tbh - hopefully someone else can answer. It’ll come out eventually, trial or no trial these things always do. I think he fully intends to go to trial from what his DA was saying when he was arrested because he wants to prove his innocence 😬

Reactions: 2

Well anything they can use to question her credibility is relevant surely? They could say she didn’t call 911 because she didn’t see or hear anything at all. It’s effectively her word against his. When they don’t have any actual evidence that she’s lying their job is to make her look unreliable.
Having sat through weeks of jury service I’ve seen them make people question their own version of events. I’ve heard it described as professional gaslighting.

Reactions: 9
Maybe I’m strange here but I can completely understand why she didn’t ring the police or go out to have a look.
The whole murder apparently only took 20 minutes and there were no screams reported which would definitely have been included in the affidavit.
We don’t actually know what she saw, only that she saw him leave and had his face covered. She doesn’t say she saw a knife in his hand or blood. She said she opened her door to some noises that according to her report, in my personal opinion, are perfectly normal noises for a college party house, especially after a night out of drinking and somebody coming home with their boyfriend and ordering food at 4am. I’d imagine that’s a fairly regular occurrence. My mind would not be jumping straight to “my roommates are being murdered”. She probably locked the door after being a bit freaked out that some random was in the house and thought “I’ll ask them about it in the morning” then went to sleep probably about 5am and woke at like midday which is arguably a normal amount of time to sleep for if you’re up at that hour.
I don’t call the police everytime I hear a noise that makes my brain go “well that’s a bit weird”?
Not to mention, the brain’s ability to convince you nothing is wrong. So many times I’ve heard tit (especially at uni, it’s the Wild West out there) and gone “yeah it’s probably nothing”. The amount of times random people came into my uni housing at all hours, honestly. One guy threw up and tried to hoover it up and broke it no lies 😂

like i said, maybe I’m weird but having been a student, it is understandable to me

• Heart
Reactions: 39
It’s been rumoured that Dylan thought she was having a bad trip from taking drugs that made her have hallucinations.
I find it hard to believe the police would even include any statement from her if she was on drugs.

Reactions: 8
This case has always been a bit strange from the start .
I can’t understand how all them people on the house and only one man and nobody rang the police .
the ones who survived didn’t call the police for I think nine hours . Strange .
It's not strange though is it? She was completely traumatised. She's just seen someone in her house, absolutely paralysed with fear, all she can do is lock herself in her room and hope nobody hurts her.

Or, she's in a party house. She doesn't know what's going on, people are in and out all the time. She assumes it's just someone who's come to see one of her friends, some weirdo who always wears a mask.

Neither of those scenarios point to anything strange. They point to a poor young woman who will cope with immense survivor's guilt for the rest of her life, and even worse, she's doing it when the whole of social media seems to think she's someone evil.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Maybe I’m strange here but I can completely understand why she didn’t ring the police or go out to have a look.
The whole murder apparently only took 20 minutes and there were no screams reported which would definitely have been included in the affidavit.
We don’t actually know what she saw, only that she saw him leave and had his face covered. She doesn’t say she saw a knife in his hand or blood. She said she opened her door to some noises that according to her report, in my personal opinion, are perfectly normal noises for a college party house, especially after a night out of drinking and somebody coming home with their boyfriend and ordering food at 4am. I’d imagine that’s a fairly regular occurrence. My mind would not be jumping straight to “my roommates are being murdered”. She probably locked the door after being a bit freaked out that some random was in the house and thought “I’ll ask them about it in the morning” then went to sleep probably about 5am and woke at like midday which is arguably a normal amount of time to sleep for if you’re up at that hour.
I don’t call the police everytime I hear a noise that makes my brain go “well that’s a bit weird”?
Not to mention, the brain’s ability to convince you nothing is wrong. So many times I’ve heard tit (especially at uni, it’s the Wild West out there) and gone “yeah it’s probably nothing”. The amount of times random people came into my uni housing at all hours, honestly. One guy threw up and tried to hoover it up and broke it no lies 😂

like i said, maybe I’m weird but having been a student, it is understandable to me
Exactly what I think. The Pca mentions what she heard and yeah, they're odd sounds but hearing talking etc isnt out of the ordinary in a shared house and there were no screams or cries for help mentioned so how could she know unless she went out the room. When she saw Brian he wasn't described as holding the knife or doing anything that would make it obvious something was wrong so unless she jumped to worst case scenario what reason would she have to even call the police until she saw the bodies. Her flatmates had obviously still been up and about at that time and she had only just been woken up, it's been said there were often people round so it could've seemed not too out of the ordinary for her. I also live in a shared uni flat and if i hear something super weird i'll ask the group chat which i'm sure she could've done but not call police because of a slightly weird noise so the people slating her for not doinf that are really unreasonable

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Exactly what I think. The Pca mentions what she heard and yeah, they're odd sounds but hearing talking etc isnt out of the ordinary in a shared house and there were no screams or cries for help mentioned so how could she know unless she went out the room. When she saw Brian he wasn't described as holding the knife or doing anything that would make it obvious something was wrong so unless she jumped to worst case scenario what reason would she have to even call the police until she saw the bodies. Her flatmates had obviously still been up and about at that time and she had only just been woken up, it's been said there were often people round so it could've seemed not too out of the ordinary for her. I also live in a shared uni flat and if i hear something super weird i'll ask the group chat which i'm sure she could've done but not call police because of a slightly weird noise so the people slating her for not doinf that are really unreasonable
I agree I think she messages the group chat and that’s what the police refer to when they said the phone records collaborate her story or words to that effect

• Wow
It's not strange though is it? She was completely traumatised. She's just seen someone in her house, absolutely paralysed with fear, all she can do is lock herself in her room and hope nobody hurts her.

Or, she's in a party house. She doesn't know what's going on, people are in and out all the time. She assumes it's just someone who's come to see one of her friends, some weirdo who always wears a mask.

Neither of those scenarios point to anything strange. They point to a poor young woman who will cope with immense survivor's guilt for the rest of her life, and even worse, she's doing it when the whole of social media seems to think she's someone evil.
I understand that but no party was happening only five people in the house
nine hours is a long time to not call for help . It will divide peoples opinions and it already has ive seen so many question why on earth it took her nine hours to get help .

I just think a lot doesn’t make sense . Especially her not calling for help for nine hours .
he killed more than one person I’m sure she would have heard screams .

nine hours is a long time to not call for help . It will divide peoples opinions and it already has ive seen so many question why on earth it took her nine hours to get help .

I just think a lot doesn’t make sense . Especially her not calling for help for nine hours .
Dylan and Bethany were home before the other roommates, it doesn’t mean it wasn’t normal for the other roommates to bring friends back from a night out to continue drinking/hanging out. And for some roommates to stay in their rooms/not want to hangout/go to sleep - I assume that’s what OP meant by them being used to people being in the house “partying” and having a good time.

eta - also as far I’ve heard and read there were no screams. Only cries/a thud and the dog barking

it doesn't have to make sense to anyone what dylan did or did not do at the time. Regardless of when she called the police - everything happened in 20 minutes or less she could not have saved anyone and he was already leaving the house when she saw him.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I’m still trying to make sense of it all so I apologise if I have come across the wrong way
either way it’s extremely sad the poor families must be heartbroken .

Reactions: 4
No same. My partner is on night shifts and I’m all alone from 6-10 the next day so I’m constantly checking my front and back doors are locked windows are shut etc. it’s not doing well combined with ocd. Every little creek terrifies me I can’t imagine the suffering they went through 😭
I get it, it's awful that people are so terrified. But truthfully the chances of someone breaking into your home to murder you are so low it's practically zero. Most murders are domestic violence or young males sadly. But I know fear isn't rational unfortunately. I'm terrified of moths, and they're harmless so what do I know. 😉

• Heart

It's been pretty widely publicised that it was a house known for parties. If they'd been on a night out and come back, of course she won't be suspicious.

Also, CCTV footage from 50 feet from the house shows that there wasn't a lot of screaming, just the dog barking

None of us here know what happened, so you cannot exert authority on this. You're not 'explaining' anything, that's patronising.

It's not a criticism of Dylan to say you can't comprehend not checking whilst at the same time hoping she has good support since and would be traumatised.

It's a different slant to think she may have taken drugs and so be a bit unsure of what was happening. It does make me think my undergrad days were quite innocent because we would have realised something was amiss very quickly.
You can't comprehend not checking even after reading the previous posts? Until you have been in Dylan's shoes you DO NOT KNOW what you would do.

As for spurious drug allegations, really? And if so, so what? I think you've possibly had quite a sheltered youth so maybe are struggling to grasp what living in a party house is like.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Dylan and Bethany were home before the other roommates, it doesn’t mean it wasn’t normal for the other roommates to bring friends back from a night out to continue drinking/hanging out. And for some roommates to stay in their rooms/not want to hangout/go to sleep - I assume that’s what OP meant by them being used to people being in the house “partying” and having a good time.

eta - also as far I’ve heard and read there were no screams. Only cries/a thud and the dog barking

it doesn't have to make sense to anyone what dylan did or did not do at the time. Regardless of when she called the police - everything happened in 20 minutes or less she could not have saved anyone and he was already leaving the house when she saw him.
I think people are forgetting that all of this happened within 20 minutes. BK managed to attack the four of them in such a short time. Dylan definitely wouldn’t have thought something as serious as that was happening when she was still half asleep. Plus according to DM she didn’t hear any screams (I don’t know why people keep saying there was). And since this was a party house I’m assuming that they are used to hearing all sorts of noise so she probably thought it was the usual scenario.

• Sad
I get it, it's awful that people are so terrified. But truthfully the chances of someone breaking into your home to murder you are so low it's practically zero. Most murders are domestic violence or young males sadly. But I know fear isn't rational unfortunately. I'm terrified of moths, and they're harmless so what do I know. 😉
Yeah I think the fear mostly stemmed back from being at uni and living in a house with 8 other students in a rough part of Manchester and half of them would forget to lock the door or would bring strangers back from the clubs for “afters” now I need to realise I’m in a secure house with neighbours either side of me

• Heart
Reactions: 11
With regard to Dylan everyone who is criticising her seem to think that when you witness something you respond in a cool calm and measured manner and know instinctively what to do. Nothing can be further from the truth. The worst crime scene I ever witnessed was in Newcastle where two Chinese students were basically sliced into pieces by gangsters. The first thing I saw on entering the premises was a severed hand lying on the carpet. The next thing I saw was the garden where I had to run to in order to vomit up my guts so as not to contaminate the scene. And at the time I had ten years experience in the job. Good only knows how a relatively young lass would have reacted.
Jesus I remember hearing about that. I am so sorry you had to see that.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
As far as I'm aware (people please correct me if i'm wrong) her statement would be disregarded and not in the PCA if she was on drugs, and tbh she probably wouldn't have said what she saw to police if that was an issue. Knowing what we do now it's very easy to not understand why D wouldn't have checked or made a call but I honestly don't think she could've guessed what was happening. Obviously something horrific happened but she wouldn't have known that, and it's easy to rationalise it, like from those sounds it could so easily be that X&E or K&M came back with a friend, there was an argument, or someone dropped something on the floor, they were playing with the dog etc. Yes it is weird to see someone in your house but as it's been said it was a party house so it's not too weird to have people round and with the mask she could've assumed he was getting a taxi or something since a lot of them still require masks. It may seem weird to you that D didn't check but it was 4:30 after they'd been back from a night out, it's likely she messaged the group and felt that was enough. I don't think some odd noises and someone leaving would immediately give away what had gone on and she probably didn't go out to check as she wanted to go back to sleep. I really don't believe it's that strange or suspicious she stayed in her room and went to sleep. I don't think she did anything wrong. The person who did do something wrong that everyone should be directing this energy to is Bryan. I've seen tiktoks and posts on other sites that are more angry at D for going to sleep than the person who did this. Even if she had left the room, they were already gone. She couldn't have saved them and she clearly helped with details of the investigation so the vitriol towards her is awful

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.