The Moscow/Idaho Murders #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Xanas dad and sister spoke at an early stage. Maddies Dad recently spoke to the press. I think Kaylees Dad is an alpha male who was driven by grief and rage and was determined to make sure they got justice.

Reactions: 16
I would like to think if I was ever in that situation that I would call the police immediately but who knows.

I'm more confused aa to why he left her and didn't kill her too! Especially as he had seen her???

Was the other roommate in there as well? There were two people downstairs that escaped, is that right?
Dylan is pretty tall - you can really see it in photos of her with the rest of the housemates. If BK saw her (it's not entirely clear in the PCA if he did), maybe that could be a reason he left her alone?

She might have been too much of a challenge physically for him after he killed four people (and especially Ethan).

Reactions: 4
Desperate to hear those poor kids were awake and in terror...really sad to read those details.

To anyone that is judging poor Dylan...please understand this as I went through an event which terrified me when I was that age (20)..fight or flight is a myth for most people...this type of fear will absolutely paralyze you in a life or death situation..you won't be able to move.I think the girl probably did process the scene and went into a state of deep shock...you would often hear some people say when they go through something traumatic that it feels like an out of body experience..that you're in the room watching it unfold but unable to scream/move.she had no clue whether he was gone for good that night,if he was coming back,had an accomplice etc...that house was horror story material....
Kudos to the police/FBI they were on him since day 1...he was very sloppy I wonder if he wanted the infamy of being caught.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
I also think there is a chance that he genuinely didn’t see her. It was dark, he had just murdered 4 people in 20 mins and was making his escape. I would imagine that by that stage his mind would have been totally focussed on what he’d just done and getting out of there.

Reactions: 24
Xanas dad and sister spoke at an early stage. Maddies Dad recently spoke to the press. I think Kaylees Dad is an alpha male who was driven by grief and rage and was determined to make sure they got justice.
interesting how Xanas mother was arrested and jailed for drugs related offenses days after the tragedy and there is talk that Bryan uses drugs....

• Wow
Reactions: 13
interesting how Xanas mother was arrested and jailed for drugs related offenses days after the tragedy and there is talk that Bryan uses drugs....
BK hadn’t been in the area that long. I doubt there is any connection there. Also his drug use was reported to be historical, I don’t think I’ve seen any suggestion that he is still using.

Reactions: 8
Assuming the roommate may take the stand at some point, I feel like speculation is always going to happen especially in a case as shocking as this. However I’m sure there is way more to the story than just seeing BK coming towards her. It isn’t confirmed whether he actually saw her, whether she was drunk, we literally don’t know anything yet! I’m sure we’d all react in different ways, as much as we’d like to say we would ring the police on the spot.
Your first point is correct, this horror isn’t over for her yet as she will most likely have to stand up in court - poor girl
also isn’t this just Twitter speculation. Fa not been confirmed the woman mentioned is actually her mum?

Reactions: 3
BK hadn’t been in the area that long. I doubt there is any connection there. Also his drug use was reported to be historical, I don’t think I’ve seen any suggestion that he is still using.
Yes maybe no connection, I had read somewhere here that he did heroin, I never looked into the timing, just wondering was he 'paying' off a drug debt. Also he was no longer enrolled in college, so maybe was too distracted or actively using so could not continue his phd?

Reactions: 1
Unless he wants death, he will plead NG and fight tooth and nail.

Absolutely amazing police and forensic work.

My chest felt tight reading that PCA, and I shuddered when BK spoke only to confirm his understanding in court.

Utter devastation from top to bottom. Those poor kids.

I doubt we will ever hear BK's "why".

Reactions: 10
Yes maybe no connection, I had read somewhere here that he did heroin, I never looked into the timing, just wondering was he 'paying' off a drug debt. Also he was no longer enrolled in college, so maybe was too distracted or actively using so could not continue his phd?
I think his heroin use was years ago and when he was living 2500 miles away from Idaho. Where did you read that he was no longer enrolled in college? My understanding was that he continued as usual until the end of term and didn’t show any concerning signs to other students.

Reactions: 11
But Maddie mom was arrested on drug charge before the murders, I think that they were at the same jail or in the same county too and maybe it was a related to Xana's arrest, but I'm sure about that. I'm just sure that Maddie's mom was arrested for drugs.

Xana's mom was in jail on a $50,000 bail and then got out and was interviewed on Newsnation

Your first point is correct, this horror isn’t over for her yet as she will most likely have to stand up in court - poor girl

also isn’t this just Twitter speculation. Fa not been confirmed the woman mentioned is actually her mum?
who is Fa?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
This is an irresponsible thing to be spouting off.

Reactions: 13
Honestly- I don’t want to blame D at all, but all I will say is that it’s baffling she didn’t ring the police. I’ve lived in a huge college house before and I know if I saw a masked man walking past me I would be calling 911. However it’s totally acceptable she was absolutely frozen with fear and wasn’t thinking straight. Equally she may have been on substances and didn’t want to get in trouble. It’s unlikely she knew how serious the situation was.

all I hope is that she is able one day to heal and live a happy and fulfilled life.
This is going to sound weird but I totally understand Dylan staying in her room for hours and not calling the police. Twice I've had traumatic occasions where I have just completely shut down and gone to sleep to escape the terror, blacked out/closed down/in abject shock, or a combination of these. One incident, I was on holiday with my partner and he beat me, badly. Some lads from the room next door could hear and started kicking the door down to get at my boyfriend and beat the tit out of him. It was absolutely terrifying and my boyfriend had no option but to jump over the balcony. We were on the 6th floor. The lads broke down the door, looked over the balcony and said "looks like he's dead anyway, good". The trauma and shock from it all absolutely crippled me, I had no idea what to do. So I got in bed and went to sleep as I couldn't handle consciousness and reality. Someone came to fix the door and some girls came to check if I was ok apparently, slept through it all. I only "came to" when my boyfriend crawled into the room with two broken legs.

No one knows what they would do in a trauma situation until it happens. No one. Anyone criticising Dylan needs to have a serious word with themselves.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Looking at the floor plans online of the house Dylan’s room appears to be opposite the sliding doors in the kitchen and directly next to the stairs leading up to the 3rd floor. Xana’s room is around the corner and next to the stairs leading downstairs. This means he would have walked past Dylan’s room multiple times!

Reactions: 11
Reactions: 2
Looking at the floor plans online of the house Dylan’s room appears to be opposite the sliding doors in the kitchen and directly next to the stairs leading up to the 3rd floor. Xana’s room is around the corner and next to the stairs leading downstairs. This means he would have walked past Dylan’s room multiple times!
This is really chilling

Reactions: 2
Reactions: 10

Just stumbled upon this video and I can see why Dylan didn’t call 911 straight away. It looks like random people would go in and out of that house constantly. Not to mention all the screaming being heard.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
The court room video is scary. He looks so normal. His demeanor is so calming. It's actually terrifying to think people like him live among us and we could walk by them every day.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.