The Moscow/Idaho Murders #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am one of the people who when I watch a horror film and you see a curious character go to “check out something odd” who is screaming at the tv “why? Why are you going into that dark house/room/garage/wood” go and hide! Dylan did exactly the right thing to preserve her life. She essentially hid. It’s ridiculous to think that if she’d gone to check on her friends she would have survived/saved them. He’d already killed 4 including a man, and her friends sound like they were fatally injured if not already dead when he was leaving. It is odd she didn’t call police straight away but im
Presuming there is an explanation for that. But thank god she locked herself in that room, or there may have been 5 victims

• Heart
Reactions: 39
She probably had no idea what was happening in the house. It was all over so quickly.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
I would add, the commonly referenced fight or flight is actually fight, flight or freeze. I can imagine, being Dylan, if I heard odd noises in the house that made me check out of my door 3 times and then I saw a masked man leaving (possible holding a large knife? With blood on him?) I would have done the same. Shut the door and sat there absolutely terrified. Who knows maybe she thought I’ll wait until daylight to leave my room, and then due to the to the late hour. And the probably exhaustion she would have felt from the adrenaline from the terror, she might have fallen asleep. Woken later that day and gone to check and found that scene. God bless her and Bethany, those poor girls have experienced a real life horror movie.

Reactions: 21
If he entered and exited via the second floor sliding door in the kitchen, that meant there was a lot of traffic going past Dylan’s bedroom door. The floors are wooden and from videos of inside the house (TikToks) you can hear how loud is it / how much it echos. I think it’s a fair assumption that Dylan knew there was something bad happening but for whatever reason (and there will be one) she was unable to call for help / 911 right away. Whether it was because her phone wasn’t charged / in another room etc.

I also think because of the timings of BK entering the house and Xana collecting food / delivery driver leaving, at first D wouldn’t have been aware that something was off. I think she would have assumed people were coming / going for legitimate reasons and then after BK had went past her door a few times / the other noises she could hear, and finally seeing BK walk past her, at that point she knew something was wrong and hunkered down.

Meanwhile on floor 1, we can assume Bethany genuinely was completely unaware and unaffected.

Reactions: 8
It’s been rumoured that Dylan thought she was having a bad trip from taking drugs that made her have hallucinations.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I definitely hope she is supported but I cannot understand why she didn't check on her friends, or if she felt frightened dial the police.
It's literally been explained several times on here. By this point you're choosing not to understand.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
It's literally been explained several times on here. By this point you're choosing not to understand.
None of us here know what happened, so you cannot exert authority on this. You're not 'explaining' anything, that's patronising.

It's not a criticism of Dylan to say you can't comprehend not checking whilst at the same time hoping she has good support since and would be traumatised.

It's a different slant to think she may have taken drugs and so be a bit unsure of what was happening. It does make me think my undergrad days were quite innocent because we would have realised something was amiss very quickly.

Reactions: 16
There's alot of people (all over the internet) that isn't understanding that the PCA isn't ALL the evidence. It was a snippet just enough for the state to have evidence to issue him with the arrest warrant and charge him. Dylan would have gone through every second 10x over with investigators as would Bethany. Nobody personally knows Dylan either. Shock can last hours/days/weeks.
The victim blaming on tiktok and twitter is disgusting

Reactions: 35
No one on the internet would know whether Dylan had taken drugs or not. That’s not a rumour, it’s just made up

• Heart
Reactions: 23
No one on the internet would know whether Dylan had taken drugs or not. That’s not a rumour, it’s just made up
Someone said that upthread, it's only their speculation.

You get 10 different people in a room and you'll get 10 different accounts. There will never be full clarity on this but hopefully enough consistency to put it to rest.

Reactions: 3
If it’s true, the wouldn’t have used her evidence in the PCA. I feel so sorry for the poor girl. She’s been through so much and at every turn on the internet people are ripping her apart

Reactions: 16
I fear Dylan will be torn apart by the defence when it comes to trial. They will try to use the delay in calling 911 to their advantage. If she’d taken alcohol (or anything else) that night they’ll try to discredit what she saw along with her description of the masked man.
Even if there’s more than enough evidence to convict him I think they’ll still put her through hell first.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
I fear Dylan will be torn apart by the defence when it comes to trial. They will try to use the delay in calling 911 to their advantage. If she’d taken alcohol (or anything else) that night they’ll try to discredit what she saw along with her description of the masked man.
Even if they have more than enough evidence to convict him I think they’ll still put her through hell first.
I fear this too ☹ this nightmare is gonna be never ending for her

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Even if they have more than enough evidence to convict him I think they’ll still put her through hell first.
I agree. She's going to have a really hard time in court, and unfortunately with social media and the absolute vultures who are circling this case and making vile accusations she's going to be attacked from all angles. It's going to be relentless, and I really hope she's getting support.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Unfortunately the defences job will be to introduce doubt so they will do all they can to discredit her. Awful, especially considering what she has been through already.

Reactions: 7
I agree. She's going to have a really hard time in court, and unfortunately with social media and the absolute vultures who are circling this case and making vile accusations she's going to be attacked from all angles. It's going to be relentless, and I really hope she's getting support.
Unless he pleads guilty, would it go straight to sentencing in that case?

Reactions: 7
It'll be easy for the defense to plant doubt anyway because it said he was wearing a mask so they'll use that to their advantage unfortunately

Unless he pleads guilty, would it go straight to sentencing in that case?
he can either plead guilty by his own accord or he may plead guilty with a plea deal (probably they'll offer to take the death penalty off the table in exchange for his guilty plea)

Reactions: 5
It'll be easy for the defense to plant doubt anyway because it said he was wearing a mask so they'll use that to their advantage unfortunately

he can either plead guilty by his own accord or he may plead guilty with a plea deal (probably they'll offer to take the death penalty off the table in exchange for his guilty plea)
If he pleads guilty, how is the rest of the information about the case published since there wouldn’t be a trial?

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.