Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Gossiperina

All the exercise she does, and she’s still got a stupid fat round head.
Okay we are all here to discuss these people but that is just mean and uncalled for? We all have different shapes and different shaped heads? It's not an exercise matter and even if it was, at least she is trying to keep fit..

• Heart
Reactions: 39

Raindropsonkittens

Chatty Member
Frankly all the well known influencers would struggle in a real job - they all seem unproductive moaners who have to give up & have a lie down in response to the slightest ‘off’ day. Their idea of a productive day - do a yoga class, answer some emails, have a shower, cook lunch, take some photos, put on a face mask, organise a cupboard - is frankly what I do to relax at weekends. They really are in a bubble of privilege.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35

squarebutton

VIP Member
She has made a blog post about kitchen essentials – basically a list of kitchen tools that everyone needs. You know, two cutting boards, one spatula, etc.

Who needs this? Call me unfashioned but I have accumulated my kitchenware over the years by buying stuff that I need. If I feel like making lasagna but do not own a casserole dish, I go and buy one, simple as that. I don't need an influencer to tell me how many pots and pans I need. This type of list might actually make me buy stuff that I don't need, like a wok (I actually do have one, a hand-me-down from a relative. I have never once used it.)

She is trying to brand herself as a Marie Kondo minimalist and organizational guru. At the same time, her job is basically to tell people to buy more and more, which makes a huge contradiction. That list is miles long with dozens of affiliate links yet she is trying to sell some type of minimalism.

Although it does say there that it was requested by her friend Lily Pebbles who never cooks (unless it's Hello Fresh) and seems to fail at very basic adulting despite having a child. So that explains things a bit.
Oh thank fuck she’s made this blog post. There I was this evening baking a cake mixing my ingredients with a knife and fork before pouring into a cat litter tray because I just didn’t know what I needed - now I finally know I just need a fucking whisk and cake tin!

Thank God I read this post before making cookies - I was about to slam the Argos book down on the kitchen counter in lieu of a rolling pin.

• Haha
Reactions: 34

Readinginks

VIP Member
Oh wow, after reading here and seeing they'd sold the flat I had to go look, I am quite shocked, for some reason I had in my mind it was a 2 story style flat and the stairs were to the kitchen/living room floor and then up to the bedrooms and bathrooms, quite shocked to see the actual layout (I don't follow her religiously, just here and there). They've made quite a lot of money off the house looking on zoopla and what they paid for it, I also can't remember when they first got the house and videos from back then but they have done such a good job from what it was when they first got it (pictures on zoopla) to what it is now. I wonder if a new house means they are trying for a family now - it was only time after Lily & Rich
Oh no, please don’t speculate if someone’s trying for a baby or not. Also, saying it’s time after Lily and Rich is just weird. Anna is 29, why the pressure to have a kid? And even if she was 40, no one should pressure her about conceiving. It’s their choice, (or if any issues, their struggle) let’s not get into that!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32

zuzu

Here comes the Birkenstock chat for the next 2 months.

My prediction - AL on YouTube, monthly fav in July, how she waited so long to try it, they are the comfiest
“I’m having a Birkenstock moment... oh my wooord they are sooo comfy. And you know me, I’m a bit of a sweaty Betty but don’t get sweaty feet in these!”

• Haha
Reactions: 31
She otos

The Bon Appetit jumper will probably be in the bin, now that BA has been in the news with their toxic work environment. In a Instagram Q&A she said she had unsubscribed. Of course. She would not want that to rub off on her.
Yep, she had to drop BA pretty quick! Can't wait to see her replace their jumper with a Waitrose & Partners tabard... 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 30

Gold_7

Chatty Member
I don’t even regard her as organised tbh, just someone with way too much time on her hands

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

Magee

VIP Member
“The Nanna Edit” is my suggestion for the new thread title. That is if anything of interest happens in her life that warrants a new thread.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

Kat_Valentine

VIP Member
lol in her defence, of course is exciting, is has no meat and that fits into her highly curated basic bitch lifestyle. She likes to pretend that she knows her food and cooks a lot, but there is nothing exotic about her food choices at all. I cannot recall a single time she cooks curry or anything that goes beyond salt and pepper for seasoning
Unseasoned is exactly how I would describe her tbh.

• Haha
Reactions: 22

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I don’t know why I dislike mark so much, he seem so vanila, they both seem so vanilla.

but at the same time if I find out in ten years time he turn into a psycho serial killer who had the bodies of 18 actual humans in a makeup fridge in his shed,
I don’t think I’d blink twice.
(I’m reading hat back and it looks worse than it sounds in my head)

there is just something off about him 😂
I can’t even be arsed to hate on Anna, she’s so “nice“

its not even meant as a compliment, she’s just so.......nice

• Haha
Reactions: 22

Lucy_B

I love how this thread has become a sandal recommendation topic. Only Anna’s gossip thread can turn into something like that! Unlike Lily, I think seems like a nice person, and I find it telling that the things we gossip about are still fairly innocent.

• Haha
Reactions: 21

notgonnadothis

sorry for being totally thick lol but what sort of assets would they be?
Current assets include cash in the bank / any amounts that were invoiced for the work performed in the year, but weren't paid yet. I think fixed assets would be her equipment for filming, as it's long-term in nature.

Basically, without statement of profit or loss, it is hard to determine how much she'd earned in the last year - the increase in net assets is £72k - however, she has most certainly she extracted the money via dividends. I think it's likely that £65k in creditors is the tax due to be paid on profits (so whatever she earned BEFORE she paid dividends), and at 19% corporation, this would mean her profit in 2018/2019 was £342k.

Mark probably started working for her and taking active part as it would otherwise be against tax rules to have him as director / dividends receiver - if it was only Anna who could extract dividends, she would have to pay 38.1% tax on any amount above £150k, and 32.5% on any amounts between 50 and 150k (roughly, haven't checked tax bands lately), while on the first £50k, the dividend tax is about 7% - so bringing Mark into the business makes lot of sense from tax perspective based on estimated earnings over £300k.

I know it seems like a lot of money - just bear in mind it's not like she has the full £300k in the bank, after all the taxes are paid, even with Mark in the business, this is likely to be closer to £200k in net earnings.

(I am in final stages of accounting qualification, so thought I'd help clarify her position a bit since I see there is a bit of confusion around it)

• Heart
Reactions: 21

CheshireLove

VIP Member
She’s a good looking woman, wonky jaw or not. It’s honestly never bothered me. The world would be a boring place if we all looked the same.

Reactions: 20

Helmi

She has made a blog post about kitchen essentials – basically a list of kitchen tools that everyone needs. You know, two cutting boards, one spatula, etc.

Who needs this? Call me unfashioned but I have accumulated my kitchenware over the years by buying stuff that I need. If I feel like making lasagna but do not own a casserole dish, I go and buy one, simple as that. I don't need an influencer to tell me how many pots and pans I need. This type of list might actually make me buy stuff that I don't need, like a wok (I actually do have one, a hand-me-down from a relative. I have never once used it.)

She is trying to brand herself as a Marie Kondo minimalist and organizational guru. At the same time, her job is basically to tell people to buy more and more, which makes a huge contradiction. That list is miles long with dozens of affiliate links yet she is trying to sell some type of minimalism.

Although it does say there that it was requested by her friend Lily Pebbles who never cooks (unless it's Hello Fresh) and seems to fail at very basic adulting despite having a child. So that explains things a bit.

Reactions: 19

OppositeFeature

Chatty Member
She has a great body so I don't know why she's lost her style.
I think in her head Anna sees herself as this cool girl and tries to give off a vibe as if she's in NY or LA or something. That's why often she goes for not-so-mainstream brands in the UK, spends a looooot of money on some simple pieces and pretends she's got a 'capsule wardrobe'.

I just think it is a bit try hard because honestly, she's just this nice girl in Brighton who really isn't that cool but that's okay. She should embrace it. I loved it when she would wear skinny jeans, ankle boots and some more form-fitting tops. She looked really good then and it complimented her figure perfectly.

Reactions: 19

Smithsmile

As for the wedding, at the time it was also obvious to me that they just threw some kind of house party, not a proper, traditional wedding. I actually like that approach. Especially in comparison to Lily who kept saying she wasn’t doing a traditional wedding, when she really was doing a fairly normal wedding. A lot of people say they want to have a small wedding, but as they go, it gets bigger and bigger. I kind of like that Anna really kept it simple. Even though I do think mark might have played a big role in that, he does not seem like the type to want to spend a lot of money on a wedding.
I also think they delayed the wedding because her sister got a divorce. A few years ago Anna mentioned just in passing that she was a bridesmaid at her sister’s wedding. Her sister had an IG called MrsCanDo as she lost a lot of weight and got really into the gym. She and Anna had the same trainer and everything. That handle doesn’t exist anymore and her sister broke her leg a few years ago and Anna was the one minding her over at her apartment (kind of got the vibe it was cos her sister was on her own). Her sister is now travelling the world on her own for the last year or so.

I think Anna and Mark were being sensitive and tactful and pushed the wedding back over a year from their original estimations, and perhaps part of having a small wedding was to be sensitive. Mark appears to have lost one of his parents too based on the inheritance he has that they used to get on the property ladder, so maybe a small and informal wedding was also a part of that (like kate la vie and her husband who eloped as his mother had died and hers had advanced ALS at the time).

Reactions: 18