The Anna Edit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She has a great body so I don't know why she's lost her style.
I think in her head Anna sees herself as this cool girl and tries to give off a vibe as if she's in NY or LA or something. That's why often she goes for not-so-mainstream brands in the UK, spends a looooot of money on some simple pieces and pretends she's got a 'capsule wardrobe'.

I just think it is a bit try hard because honestly, she's just this nice girl in Brighton who really isn't that cool but that's okay. She should embrace it. I loved it when she would wear skinny jeans, ankle boots and some more form-fitting tops. She looked really good then and it complimented her figure perfectly.

Reactions: 19
“The Nanna Edit” is my suggestion for the new thread title. That is if anything of interest happens in her life that warrants a new thread.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I refuse to give her a watch. She is incredibly dull. We've seen every inch of her bloody apartment, I bet it's back to the bathroom cabinet full of expensive gifted creams next week.
I said this in April.

It will be a wardrobe update next.
Then a vlog where she does her face for half of it, shows us her lunch, does an exercise class, shows us her dinner.

Snore.

Reactions: 5
It’s so weird she’s doing this Edited Home business because nothing has changed since they did their slew of renovations. Everything is exactly the same.

(I know, AFF LINKS. Her furniture/styling choices are so non-revolutionary that everything is probably still in stock available in swipe up aff link gifted)

Reactions: 6
She’s desperate to be Brittany Bathgate but she lacks the flair & originality.
yes to this ! I think someone like Brittany just don't overthink 'content' in such a curated way like anna does, it's less contrived. No disrespect to anna but she is beyond basic really, she lives in a nice little bubble, doesn't really challenge herself or surrounds herself with different types of people and culture. She tries to fool us into thinking sustainability means spending alot. In reality the key is researching your products eg. you don't have to spend £50 on a face cream, look up the main ingredients and see if you can buy the main ingredient individually (i.e the glossier futuredew which is £23 can be replaced with a £5 rosehip oil! or look for reviews and online recommendations.)

I remember when Brittany B did a video on how to care for your clothes (from how to store to how to wash) now that's sustainable thinking! I hang all my clothes, fold my t shirts, iron and wash things at a low temperature, handwash clothes and have had items from h&m, topshop etc for years and they still look great i think because you have to take care of them, don't get duped into spending £100s on basis linen creased blouses!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
New follower here! I've been a big fan of Anna for years... but like many of you I feel like in the last few years she has become so repetitve and dull, kind of like a caricature of herself. Same old stuff every video - laughing at her own jokes, "oh my word" x200, "I'm having a moment", capsule wardrobes that aren't capsule wardrobe, saying how sweaty she is (like I get she's trying to be relatable, but there's a reference in almost every video), shilling grossly expensive items, obsessively fangirling over people (bon appetit people, Katie Jane Hughes..)... it's just same old same old.

I used to love her videos when her and Mark weren't married and lived in London. She didn't have huge eyebrows and seemed to get out a lot and do different things each day, rather than just sit at her computer desk and narrate her day to us. Her clothes actually included colour and were much more affordable. I'm in Anna's age bracket but I find her content has become so unrelatable and overly curated to the point where she's lost a lot her likeability to me

Reactions: 17
yes to this ! I think someone like Brittany just don't overthink 'content' in such a curated way like anna does, it's less contrived. No disrespect to anna but she is beyond basic really, she lives in a nice little bubble, doesn't really challenge herself or surrounds herself with different types of people and culture. She tries to fool us into thinking sustainability means spending alot. In reality the key is researching your products eg. you don't have to spend £50 on a face cream, look up the main ingredients and see if you can buy the main ingredient individually (i.e the glossier futuredew which is £23 can be replaced with a £5 rosehip oil! or look for reviews and online recommendations.)

I remember when Brittany B did a video on how to care for your clothes (from how to store to how to wash) now that's sustainable thinking! I hang all my clothes, fold my t shirts, iron and wash things at a low temperature, handwash clothes and have had items from h&m, topshop etc for years and they still look great i think because you have to take care of them, don't get duped into spending £100s on basis linen creased blouses!
This is so true!~

“The Nanna Edit” is my suggestion for the new thread title. That is if anything of interest happens in her life that warrants a new thread.
This needs to be the next title hahaha

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Today she’s showing us a £115 tracksuit that looks like a standard PE kit sprayed with bleach 🥱 😴

• Sick
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.