The Anna Edit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another rec is Chaco’s! They’re definitely, as Anna would say, Marmite-y but they’re very multipurpose. Also not sure how easy they are to find outside of the North America 🤷🏻‍♀️

The problem with Anna is she just latches on to trends like a bee in honey and doesn’t let go until the next one comes along. But then she’s like months behind (see: cycle shorts) so it just looks ridiculous and try-hard. She either doesn’t have an eye to spot trends as they start, or she’s so afraid to get out of her comfort zone and waits as she works up the courage to try it then obsesses (see: cycle shorts). Then the cycle starts again with something new...pun intended.
Yes, this. A lot of 'influencers' don't seem prepared to properly invest in their content. There are plenty of companies who put together trend forecasts if you want to be ahead of the curve and create interesting stuff. Either they don't know or just don't take their 'business' seriously enough.

Reactions: 3
She does seem very nice! And Anna is a little bit boring, but I think she genuinely means well and is just being herself online. As time goes on I really can't fathom why she's friends with Lily when Lily is so negative and trend chasing all the time.
I don't understand their friendship either. Perhaps Lily is only showing her ugly side online and she’s different in real life or something. But to me, Anna comes across as upbeat and friendly and more like somebody who likes to make an effort. Lily is the opposite.

Anna does annoy me with her capsule stuff and the way she presents very simply things as organising tips, but as an online person I find her quite nice.

One thing I can never work out though, is if she genuinely believes in astrology or not. She brings up being a Virgo and her inner Virgo coming out very often when it comes to organising and making lists. I still don’t know if she’s joking or being serious. I can’t imagine Mark believing in astrology though.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Anna’s productive day video is painfully dull
She’d struggle in a real job!

Reactions: 6
Frankly all the well known influencers would struggle in a real job - they all seem unproductive moaners who have to give up & have a lie down in response to the slightest ‘off’ day. Their idea of a productive day - do a yoga class, answer some emails, have a shower, cook lunch, take some photos, put on a face mask, organise a cupboard - is frankly what I do to relax at weekends. They really are in a bubble of privilege.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Frankly all the well known influencers would struggle in a real job - they all seem unproductive moaners who have to give up & have a lie down in response to the slightest ‘off’ day. Their idea of a productive day - do a yoga class, answer some emails, have a shower, cook lunch, take some photos, put on a face mask, organise a cupboard - is frankly what I do to relax at weekends. They really are in a bubble of privilege.
While I think regular jobs, or at least my job, are much more hectic, I think you’re forgetting about the business side of things. Negotiating contracts, business acquisition, that type of stuff. Sure, that will largely be done by a manager, but it will all go through the influencer as well. Discussing content with brands, having all of that approved etc.

But yes, I can’t image it being too much work, simply because of the fact that they have so much time to do all of that cabinet reorganising and yoga during the day, which are things regular people have to do in addition to their work.

Reactions: 8
I think Anna did have an actual job at the start but can’t remember! Definitely don’t think she’d cope with a busy working day and commute. Imagine the length of her to do list then!

Reactions: 1
I find that influencers seem to think that their job is hard because they receive so much criticism. But we receive a lot of criticism at work too. And very often not in a very nice way either. At my job, sometimes they have no mercy if they think the work is not good.

Reactions: 6
I think Anna did have an actual job at the start but can’t remember! Definitely don’t think she’d cope with a busy working day and commute. Imagine the length of her to do list then!
1. Wake up
2. Make breakfast
3. Leave the house
4. Eat lunch

I find that influencers seem to think that their job is hard because they receive so much criticism. But we receive a lot of criticism at work too. And very often not in a very nice way either. At my job, sometimes they have no mercy if they think the work is not good.
In real life u cannot spin criticism, you either take it or leave, there is sadly no algorithms to blame when you deliver a poor job. Anna is not as terrible as Lily who recently begged for Likes (begging isn’t new to lily anyway)

While I think regular jobs, or at least my job, are much more hectic, I think you’re forgetting about the business side of things. Negotiating contracts, business acquisition, that type of stuff. Sure, that will largely be done by a manager, but it will all go through the influencer as well. Discussing content with brands, having all of that approved etc.

But yes, I can’t image it being too much work, simply because of the fact that they have so much time to do all of that cabinet reorganising and yoga during the day, which are things regular people have to do in addition to their work.
Tbh i dont think that will be a lot, i think Gleam approach brands or approached by brands, and they selected a few influencers that may be suitable, then they probably nego the brief and pricing. When Anna comes in the play, is probably when everything is set up and agreed between Gleam and brand, she probably doesn’t need to deal with contract or invoicing because Gleam would have done for her. Gleam probably takes 20% of the cut or more for all the work they have done. Yes, she did need to communicate her ideas/filming ideas (according to the brief) with the brand.
on average they probably have 1 brand deal per week which i think is quite manageable. Lily always mentioned that her work sometimes take weeks and months to produce but we have seen her work- which frankly doesn’t justify the time spent

just my opinion!

Last edited:
She totally fangirls Alanna Davison from Canada. Sorry if this has already been said, I'm behind!
Ahh maybe that’s why I got her mixed up with the other girl, she was obsessed with Alana too. She needs to get her own identity!

Why is she always ‘having a moment’ and ‘here for that’? Those 2 phrases really piss me off and she says them both in every video multiple times. It fills me with rage 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
1. Wake up
2. Make breakfast
3. Leave the house
4. Eat lunch

In real life u cannot spin criticism, you either take it or leave, there is sadly no algorithms to blame when you deliver a poor job. Anna is not as terrible as Lily who recently begged for Likes (begging isn’t new to lily anyway)

Tbh i dont think that will be a lot, i think Gleam approach brands or approached by brands, and they selected a few influencers that may be suitable, then they probably nego the brief and pricing. When Anna comes in the play, is probably when everything is set up and agreed between Gleam and brand, she probably doesn’t need to deal with contract or invoicing because Gleam would have done for her. Gleam probably takes 20% of the cut or more for all the work they have done. Yes, she did need to communicate her ideas/filming ideas (according to the brief) with the brand.
on average they probably have 1 brand deal per week which i think is quite manageable. Lily always mentioned that her work sometimes take weeks and months to produce but we have seen her work- which frankly doesn’t justify the time spent

just my opinion!
Oh, I kind of thought of Gleam as an agency, just like an actors or model would have an agency. Not as some company dividing work over their portfolio, but more like the managers selecting received proposals/offers for the “talent” (using that term loosely). I don’t imagine them doing invoicing, but I do imagine them having to decide on the terms with their manager and the brand. But maybe I’ve got that wrong then.

Could somebody please send me the link to her house? I’ve done the search and looked for her decor (especially the kitchen as I’m flicking through quickly) and cannot find it!

Thanks in advance!

Could somebody please send me the link to her house? I’ve done the search and looked for her decor (especially the kitchen as I’m flicking through quickly) and cannot find it!

Thanks in advance!
That’s pretty much posting her address though.

Reactions: 2
Hi, I’ve also tried using the criteria mentioned earlier in the thread and it’s not coming up for me! I’ll try again.
I can’t find it either. And I have tried far too often to admit here! Even using the exact screen shot of the search criteria. But I’ve now come to terms with this failure.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.