Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Freebies_come2me

VIP Member
My comment was more general in terms too - I’m also white, have considered a Peloton, but don’t have the space. I have a trainer like Mark’s. But that’s really the point - why buy a Peloton if there are cheaper/potentially better quality alternatives if not for the exclusivity factor?

I think the conversation is a lot more nuanced than someone can’t afford X brand. Influencers can splurge because they get so much for free that the rest of us have to pay for (makeup, vacations, skincare, groceries, clothing, electronics, etc.). I work for a luxury clothing company so I definitely understand that it’s not necessarily the brand’s fault that some people can’t afford it (even though it is because their margins are so high but that’s another convo). That’s why luxury small leather goods and shoes have taken off because they’re an entry point to the brand at an “attainable“ price point.

This is definitely a bigger convo about equity and equality and the fact that socio-economic, political, etc. factors prevent many from being able to attain a particular lifestyle that influencers advertise.

The way she styled that puffy sleeve shirt with Tevas and straight leg jeans is just...🤦🏻‍♀️🤢🤣
Hi, just tapping into this, what did you get in the end?

Mjaumjau

Chatty Member
Does not Mark work in London, he was when they were renting their previous flat? It´s one of the reasons I thought wtf would they move to Brighton, if Both of them have to take their train to London for work and meetings (I know that Anna has her family there but still).