Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

poopettemetis

VIP Member
I’m sorry, I HAD to post this picture. It looks like she fell into an outhouse toilet. Were there no other colors available?!

ED6FE80E-2F5A-4CF6-95B3-FBDBC18C2D85.png

Nearly $200 for “deadstock” sweatshirt and sweatpants is outrageous. I’m 100% sure whoever made this went to a thrift shop, bought up similar matching sweatshirts/pants for $20, cut out the tags (maybe sewed in their own ‘bespoke’ tag), and then dyed them using $10 dye and bleach. Anna, you’ve been BAMBOOZLED.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 18

lemonlime

VIP Member
I liked her wedding idea. I believe there was a dinner in a small restaurant previous to the house party as well, her wedding photos blog post has the images. It looked like a nice chill place. I remember wtf-ing at Lily's "my wedding is so unusual" speeches because she just went ahead and had a conventional wedding lol.That woman is desperate to come off as unique.

Reactions: 18

Girl meister

Wow Anna has posted a blog about finances. Move over Governor of the Bank of England.... apparently we should all be working out what our monthly income is then paying some of that towards bills, then tax and then savings and what’s left you can spend.... Christ my life will be transformed with that knowledge

• Haha
Reactions: 17

zuzu

New follower here! I've been a big fan of Anna for years... but like many of you I feel like in the last few years she has become so repetitve and dull, kind of like a caricature of herself. Same old stuff every video - laughing at her own jokes, "oh my word" x200, "I'm having a moment", capsule wardrobes that aren't capsule wardrobe, saying how sweaty she is (like I get she's trying to be relatable, but there's a reference in almost every video), shilling grossly expensive items, obsessively fangirling over people (bon appetit people, Katie Jane Hughes..)... it's just same old same old.

I used to love her videos when her and Mark weren't married and lived in London. She didn't have huge eyebrows and seemed to get out a lot and do different things each day, rather than just sit at her computer desk and narrate her day to us. Her clothes actually included colour and were much more affordable. I'm in Anna's age bracket but I find her content has become so unrelatable and overly curated to the point where she's lost a lot her likeability to me

I have watched Anna for years - probably just as she was really gaining traction - and to be honest I still really like her. I’ve never watched fashion content because that’s just not my thing and have always skipped those videos. However, I think she’s lost direction. Her content is stale and she’s definitely not sure where to go next so keeps pushing out the same old stuff.

I do love her food content, but her desire to be Molly Baz (or at least her bestie) is draining. And she doesn’t do it for the love of cooking - it’s all sponsorship. I sometimes wonder when she last paid for her own weekly food shop.

But overall I’m really struggling to watch a lot of youtubers who shout about sustainability and yet still buy ridiculous amounts of stuff they don’t need, accept endless shades of foundation from PR etc. Anna needs to cut the spending, learn what a capsule wardrobe actually is, and maybe do some research in which brands are ethical and sustainable. The majority of wardrobe and beauty collection contents will not be either of these things.

Nbg85

Think i've just seen Anna's flat marked as sold on Rightmove so guess they will be moving soon! I think they'll be making a big jump up, she's certainly been pumping the ads out recently (although her idea of being frugal and saving is a bit different from mine)

• Wow
Reactions: 16

CheshireLove

VIP Member
This might have been discussed before, but why does Anna buy/wear so much merch? Multiple Glossier hoodies and sweatshirts, a Bon Appetit jumper, now Bod by Rod merch too (I know the BBR stuff is raising money but feel like she'd have bought it in any case). Even she and Lily had their own merch sweaters made if I remember correctly?? I'm sure there are other examples too. It just feels like a strange thing for a woman in her 30s to do, to continually feel the need to be a walking billboard/make sure everyone knows how cool she is and what brands she's into. I don't know why it bothers me so much but there we have it 😂
The merch is a substitute personality. Because she doesn’t have one without it.

• Wow
  • Haha

jules78

Anna’s latest style video is the Brittany Bathgate version of “When you order it online VS when it arrives”

• Haha

CheshireLove

VIP Member
The most boring couple in Brighton (or perhaps Britain?) A childless couple in their thirties who like to be tucked up in bed by 8.30pm.

• Haha

Freebies_come2me

VIP Member
Honestly hope she stops talking about capsule wardrobe ever again, she bought more clothes in a week than I do in a year!
Lily gets pregnant because she is bored with life; Anna buys shit because she is bored with life.
She needs to volunteer or just go out to see how real people live

• Haha

poopettemetis

VIP Member
Ok, so I read the blog post and have a few thoughts.

- I really wanted to see the list of pieces for transparency sake. There’s a plus influencer named Marielle Elizabeth who last year started publicly listing (on Patreon) all of her acquired pieces, whether she bought it (with or without a discount), it was gifted by a brand or part of a brand partnership.
- She makes NO mention of “press discounts”. She may have paid for something with her own money, but did that include some sort of gift card for working with the brand or a random “pr discount”? How many pieces did she actually buy full price (wouldn't include pieces bought with a publicly available code i.e., 15% off for signing up for a newsletter)?
- She definitely does not have a capsule wardrobe. The explanation from the PP about the capsules EACH season is so so so accurate!
- Her partnerships with Arket and & Other Stories negates all of her sustainability talk

Just a few tips to stop buying:
- delete all of your credit card info from your browsers and phone, remove cookies, etc.
- remove your email from brand newsletters
- fill up your cart, but don’t press buy. If you come back to it a few days later and still want the pieces, fine. But give yourself a few days to mull
- stop following bloggers/influencers. Or, hate watch like me then come here and gossip!
- watch the True Cost on Netflix and learn more about the waste, human rights violations and environmental effects of the fashion industry. I work in sustainability for a fashion brand and it wasn’t until I was completely bombarded with this info that my shopping habits changed
- as a plus person myself, shopping vintage/second hand is fucking hard. Know your measurements. And always ask any questions you have before you buy. If you’re straight sized and considering a larger sized piece you could alter, question whether you’re potentially taking that piece away from an already marginalized group
- regularly do a wardrobe scan to find your gaps and add them to a wishlist. Slow fashion/responsibly made pieces tend to be more seasonless than high street, so there’s not as much pressure to buy now

• Heart

lemonlime

VIP Member
Yes, I don't really care that some of them are wealthy beyond reason and if they can afford to buy a £100+ face cream or a scrap of fabric of a top, then good for them. Just don't come to us with lectures about how to budget, please.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

HelloStereo

VIP Member
I have this love-hate relationship with Anna. Anna 's crazy obsessions about thing really wind me up, glossier, Bon Appetite, cookies and now Psycle...Anna babe, you haven't even visited their studio psychically, (they are very good though) can you please tone down a bit
I find her harmless in general. She seems nice and she posted a picture last week of her in a dress and you could see she has psoriasis, and lots of people were asking what it was but she didn't make a big deal out of it, just said "yeah, it's psoriasis". Contrasted with Lily and her reaction when people asked about her tooth.

But sometimes she tries to act relatable when her lifestyle is so unattainable for most (who can spend 400 pounds on a shirt for their capsule wardrobe?). That's my only gripe really.

Reactions: 15