Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Rebekah Vardy is the most god awful woman. Dreadful, narcissistic social climbing hag. I totally believe she was responsible for what Coleen accused her of, given that she’d sell her granny to the devil if it meant making a few quid and furthering her social standing.

• Heart
Reactions: 87

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member
I can only speak for myself, but in my family,this was the norm.And for those that lived in the same circumstances we did.I dare say it sounds strange to other people.
Although my memory doesn’t go back as far as 1980 (born 1978) but I do remember some of the early 80s and not many people had showers fitted in their bathrooms back then. It was just a bath. If you wanted to wash your hair you had to fit one of those rubber hosed shower head attachments to the bath taps and hold the shower head over your head as you leaned over the bath. They were very temperamental as one of the rubber attachments would always pop off one of the taps so you risked scalding yourself with hot water or freezing with cold water

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 80

clara131brown

VIP Member
Awk I’m glad to hear Tom cruise is nice , I know the whole Scientology thing is weird but he does seem to actually be nice to people on a one to one basis from what’s reported on the media :)
No cameras about and I'm trying to go in a department store with my little one. Distracted I didn't realise the door was going to hit me, he caught it. I got a fright, as did my little one who started to cry. He made sure I was ok then leant down to speak to my little one and said to her everything was ok that her Mummy wasn't hurt. We spoke for a few minutes, just normal chit chat. A genuinely nice guy

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 67

Ennui

VIP Member
Lee Ryan’s gone berserk on a plane apparently. Sounded drunk and wasn’t allowed alcohol so flipped out. He’s always struck me as a nasty little man. So, so aggressive.
I hope the baggage handlers told him to rest his case.

• Haha
Reactions: 63
I was obsessed with Lee Ryan as a young teenager. He started drinking in the pub I worked at in Henley on Thames about 12 years ago. First time he came in I was starstruck, couldn’t speak. He had a double vodka tonic.
His girlfriend was lovely and she made friends with the girls in the pub so when it came out he’d hit her we were all upset. A few weeks later we saw them in the Wetherspoons and as I was drunk I told him how much I used to love him which he was very happy about. His face dropped when I told him now I think he’s a cunt.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61

Beverley Macker

VIP Member
So the story that was mentioned in the previous thread about a "sex game gone wrong" where former rugby player Ricky Bibey died of a heart attack. Has now turned into "he brutally beat her up". And he had history for it.

So the thrill of beating his girlfriend gave him a heart attack? Rot in hell you piece of shit.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 60

Candytuft

VIP Member
I have some ☕ it's not very interesting but here goes.
In about 1980, it could be before I genuinely can't remember I had a fling with Victoria Wood. About 4 days before I had to shuffle her back home. First day/night lovely, I was quietly hopeful..Next morning I have my shower and no, she was fine didn't want one.
in a nutshell she didn't even brush her teeth let alone wash in all that time. Yuck. Needless to say it was just a one time thing.
I am a woman but she did marry a bit later and he knew my mum. A nice man.
Just to add, I wonder if she was incredibly shy. But...

• Wow
Reactions: 59

PeteM

VIP Member
Dinnerladies is perhaps my favourite sitcom all time

Pete Davidson just seems toxic to me behind the lovable and funny exterior. I reckon he's some sort of love bomber, going on the charm offensive with any woman that catches his eye, showering them with love and attention and then after a few months on to the next one
ezgif.com-gif-maker (1).jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
yep, i was just reading through the replies. what an indignity for their mother :(
If my place of burial could create an advantage for my kids I’d have no issue with that. When you’re gone, you’re gone - what difference does where you’re buried make? 🤷‍♀️

If she’s not happy about it, she could always send them an angry message - there’s an excellent celebrity psychic I’ve recently become aware of, I’m sure he’d be happy to pass on her complaints 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 57

petitspois

VIP Member
I don't know quite why I detest Geri Haliwell so much. It might be that she doesn't realise she was just lucky with the Spice Girls or the utter desperation for fame. Same with Amanda Holden.

• Heart
Reactions: 56

House of Tea

VIP Member
I used to have really long hair (past bum) when I was little. It only got washed once a week (eww) and then it was a major production. My sister had equally long hair. Washed in a sink with Vosene, then copious amounts of leave in conditioner in pink and white tube (forgotten name), then long comb through to de tangle, then sister and I had to lie by the two bar electric fire for hours to get it try. Those were the days.

Ee, you don’t know you were born.

• Haha
Reactions: 56

Angelic37

VIP Member
For the love of God, spare me the duvet chat 😭🤣 are we seriously talking about flannellete by this point?! It's like the WI in here sometimes 😉🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Although my memory doesn’t go back as far as 1980 (born 1978) but I do remember some of the early 80s and not many people had showers fitted in their bathrooms back then. It was just a bath. If you wanted to wash your hair you had to fit one of those rubber hosed shower head attachments to the bath taps and hold the shower head over your head as you leaned over the bath. They were very temperamental as one of the rubber attachments would always pop off one of the taps so you risked scalding yourself with hot water or freezing with cold water
I’m a few years older than you and this is absolutely my memories of bathrooms in the early to mid 80s.

Where in the UK were showers common in a standard family home in 1980? Baths only, and yes baths were only 1-2 times per week due to the need to heat up the lagged hot water tank (with Sunday night being ‘hair wash night’, ready for school on Monday).

Reactions: 55

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member
She’s a twat. I always felt a bit bunny boiler about the way she bigged up her friendship with George Michael. I refuse to believe he genuinely liked her! 😆
Yeah I always got the feeling that George was too polite to tell her to back off and just tolerated her. He befriended her as they came from the same area but then she took it to the extreme and got a bit possessive

I have visions of Geri ringing his doorbell and George hiding and trying not to make a noise to make it look like he wasn’t in

• Haha
Reactions: 54

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
Here you go everyone.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53

petitspois

VIP Member
Scorching hot tea but that little shit Giles Coren looks like he’s been dumped by the BBC, about time.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 53