The Duvet Thread

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A thread to discuss duvets, how to change them, what kind is the best, and all other bedding. This topic is so interesting it took over the celeb gossip! 🤣

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
What did I start mentioning Coverless duvets!!! I used to be an inside out corners girl but hey just one shake now and the beds made!!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Do you have different togs for different times of the year?

I have a 10.5 I use all year round. Not warm enough in the winter and too hot in the summer. 😜

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I put our new duvet cover on just a few mins ago, it was very exciting. It’s a brand called Bassetti, and we chose a satin-ish finish in a really nice dark blue, dark green, dark purple pattern. I love bedding! I used to buy everything Christy when I lived in England but moved abroad and can’t really get it now.

Reactions: 2
I cannot believe that I’m now on a thread about duvets 😂😂😂😂

I have a 10.5 I use all year round. Not warm enough in the winter and too hot in the summer. 😜
I’ve got two that have poppers that go together in the winter, so I can have three different thicknesses

Only really ever use one cos I’m too lazy to get the other one out the loft, mind 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Ha ha ha . .
The things we stumble across on tattle when things on the TV are shite eh??

We have a feather duvet that poppers together so we can have wafer thin in the summer, medium or super fluffy and warm in the colder months.

I like pure cotton ( mainly white ) covers, the higher thread count the better . . Currently have a white cotton with bumble bees embroidered on it.

Im an inside out and grab the corners girl when it comes to changing it ..

Much prefer the look of my freshly made bed when its sporting the super fluffy duvet, it fills the duvet nicely and is just nicer to look at, especially when my scatter cushions are on and the blanket/throw is properly placed!!

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Yel

I've got a Welsh wool 10.5 and 4.5 duvet. Live in an old farmhouse so usually it's the 15 tog for 11 months of the year. But I've been on 4.5 for months now. Boyfriend just has a sheet but even when it's baking I need the weight.

Got the m&s fired earth Marrakesh Sofia bedding on at the moment.

I got a new memory foam pillow and I'm shipping the kids off to bed ASAP so I can go have a lie down

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I use the same duvet year round. I think it's a 4.5tog. Husband and I have separate single duvets in a double bed. No duvet hogging ☺
I wash my duvet about once a month, it just goes in the wash with the cover on (nb. the cover gets washed more frequently)

Reactions: 5

I use a 4.5 in the summer and 10.5 in the winter. Works perfectly for me!

I cannot believe that I’m now on a thread about duvets 😂😂😂😂

I’ve got two that have poppers that go together in the winter, so I can have three different thicknesses

Only really ever use one cos I’m too lazy to get the other one out the loft, mind 😂😂
Put one under your bottom sheet! It’s so cosy and readily available if you need it!

How often do you wash your duvet and do you have a light one for summer?
Yes 4.5 in the summer and normally about every 2 weeks and sheet weekly.

I've got a Welsh wool 10.5 and 4.5 duvet. Live in an old farmhouse so usually it's the 15 tog for 11 months of the year. But I've been on 4.5 for months now. Boyfriend just has a sheet but even when it's baking I need the weight.

Got the m&s fired earth Marrakesh Sofia bedding on at the moment.

I'm exactly the same! No matter the heat I have to have some of the duvet on me.

I love that Marrakesh set. I nearly bought it myself.

I have 4 duvets which I realise is probably excessive, but I use them all and am a fussy sleeper. If I’m slightly too warm or cold, I won’t sleep.

I have 10.5 tog for winter, 7.5 tog for spring and autumn, 4.5 for early/late summer and 3 tog for peak summer (which I’m under at the moment).

I’ve never felt the need to go higher tog than 10.5; even that one I find very thick and heavy. I sleep in PJs and socks too which helps. If I do ever get a bit chilly on the coldest nights then I throw a blanket over my duvet. I don’t think I could justify a 5th duvet and storage becomes an issue 🙈 My son has 4 duvets too, so 8 between the both of us 😂

• Wow
Have two- 13.5 for winter (Sept-April 😂). 4.5 for the rest.

Wash the duvet at the end of its “season” ready for the next year. Sometimes wash the big one at Christmas for Christmas fun. Need to take them to the laundrette as we have a tiny washing machine.

I love duvets. I love duvet covers. Get white. 100% cotton but not fussy about thread count.

4.5 wool duvet all year or just the duvet cover when it’s heatwave weather. I was sceptical about wool but it’s the best duvet I have ever had!

We bought a Simba duvet (and pillows) when we bought the Simba mattress and it’s the best purchase I’ve made in a LONG time!

Reactions: 1
I use the same duvet year round. I think it's a 4.5tog. Husband and I have separate single duvets in a double bed. No duvet hogging ☺
I wash my duvet about once a month, it just goes in the wash with the cover on (nb. the cover gets washed more frequently)
We also have two single duvets but on a king. Works amazingly because the husband is a duvet hog and also needs a heavier weight than I do. Now it's odd when we go anywhere and have to share.

Reactions: 1
Has anyone tried the weighted blankets? They are meant to help you sleep, but they can't be machine washed, so it's a no from me to handwashing!
Id LOVE a weighted blanket.
I used to ( pre pandemic) be a super deep sleeper, mostly sleeping between 8 - 10 hrs a night, fast forward to now, I'm menopausal and its REALLY affecting my sleep, I have no problem falling asleep, its the staying asleep thats the hard bit.
I think a weighted blanket would really help, but there are so many on the market I wouldn't know where to start??