Secret Celebrity Gossip #83

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Onwards with the Duvet debate! I always have a flat sheet under the duvet so the duvet cover is never next to the skin. That way you just wash and change the sheets every week but can go a bit longer with the duvet cover. Having a top sheet also helps for warm nights when you just want a thin layer over you. You just shove the duvet off and make do with the sheet.
That's a genius idea!
I hate changing duvet covers but use the inside out corner/shake/done way

On topic, I can't stand watching Suranne Jones acting, something about her, not just her eyebrows. I'd rather change 10 duvet covers than her on TV.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Do not be mean about Keanu :mad:
This thread has totally made me into a Keanu appreciator. Now I just need to see more of his films.

[😱 I've never seen The Matrix 😱]

Re. Amanda Owen, my neighbour's are fascinated by how she is apparently never seen eating. They've also vowed to never read any of her books/watch the programmes again because "of what she's done"

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Jesus Christ I thought we'd done with this. BUT, while we're at it, everyone with a coverless duvet has been had imho. Every time you spill something on the duvet you need to wash it. Realistically you need to wash it every two weeks or more. What a chuffing ballache! That's why duvet covers were invented! So you DON'T have to wash the duvet constantly. Very Emperor's New Clothes if you ask me.

(Can't believe I've been reduced to partaking in this convo) 😣🤣
Very interested in a cover less duvet myself. Why are people spilling things on them? I wouldn't be drinking in bed

• Haha
Reactions: 9
This thread has totally made me into a Keanu appreciator. Now I just need to see more of his films.

Re. Amanda Owen, my neighbour's are fascinated by how she is apparently never seen eating. They've also vowed to never read any of her books/watch the programmes again because "of what she's done"
She eats on the show, doesn’t she? I vaguely recall her cooking up some healthy home grown stuff with the children.

What HAS she done? Apart from separate from her decades older husband?

Reactions: 4
She eats on the show, doesn’t she? I vaguely recall her cooking up some healthy home grown stuff with the children.

What HAS she done? Apart from separate from her decades older husband?
I don't know, I've never really watched it, just reporting my neighbour's hysterical reaction!

Lay the naked duvet on the bed. Get your duvet cover and turn it inside out (I dry mine inside out so they’re all ready!). Put your arms through the opening and find the two far corners of the cover. With your arms still inside the cover grab the two end corners of the duvet and give everything a good shake. The cover will unfold over the duvet with the corners in place and then you can just pull the rest down and fasten it all up. Simples!

Here you go, much easier to watch than my explanation!
That's what I do, I remember Anthea Turner doing it a long long time ago 🤣🤣🤣.

My view of Suranne Jones is tainted by the fact she was extremely rude and ‘don’t you know who I am’ to my sister in law. I can’t see her in anything without wanting to wipe that smug smile off her face. Oh and her eyebrows are awful.
When they were filming Scott and Bailey at my friends cafe he said Suranne was lovely and spoke to everybody but Lesley ignored everyone and was a bit snotty, Suranne signed lots of stuff and had pictures took but Lesley didn't, maybe she didn't have a comfy duvet 🤣🤣🤣.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
That's a genius idea!
I hate changing duvet covers but use the inside out corner/shake/done way

On topic, I can't stand watching Suranne Jones acting, something about her, not just her eyebrows. I'd rather change 10 duvet covers than her on TV.
I love that we can now judge how distasteful a celebrity is,by equating how many duvet covers we would rather change.
A tog rating for celebs.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Very interested in a cover less duvet myself. Why are people spilling things on them? I wouldn't be drinking in bed
I was told to have a washable throw on the bed for aesthetic reasons and to open fully over the duvet if I am putting something on the bed e.g. when tidying, doing make up or eating. Then if I spill, the throw can be chucked in the wash.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I think Suranne Jones got very lucky and made some good choices, the woman is a walking one impression zone. Every series she is in she does this quizzical is it a fart or a shart look. That much hyped Dr Foster was a pile of pants.

Compare and contrast Sarah Lancashire, got the skills and not afraid to take on less than glamorous roles. Sheridan Smith was going the same way until her messy private life grabbed more headlines than her work.

Michelle Keegan has wasted whatever residual Corrie goodwill there was towards her by going down the glam semi-influencer route.

Reactions: 22
1) I must admit I love an ironed bed
2) Cannot STAND SJ …. Totally overrated except for when she was in coronation street and Scott and Bailey. She’s beyond fake.
3) Ryan giggs is a total prick.
Think I have covered everything atm !

Reactions: 14
I love that we can now judge how distasteful a celebrity is,by equating how many duvet covers we would rather change.
A tog rating for celebs.
Stephen Fry gets the highest tog rating from me. I would rather change a super kingsize duvet cover twice a day that watch his smug “aren’t I such an intellectual because I use big words” TV appearances or witness his regular flounces off Twitter claiming he’s being bullied just because sommbody has had the temerity to disagree with him. Thank goodness he has effed off to the US so we don’t see very much of him on UK TV these days.

Also I find his relationship with his several decades younger husband creepy. If it were a 60 something man with a woman thirty odd years younger he would be getting all sorts of ”shade” but because it’s two men nobody dares say anything for fear of being thought homophobic when that is totally not the issue.

Yes, just in case I haven‘t made it clear, I can’t stand Stephen Fry. He was once described as a stupid person’s idea of what an intellectual is. I thought that was spot on!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Reactions: 1
Here you go everyone.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53

Never seen The Matrix!!! It's a work of art! 💗

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.