Secret Celebrity Gossip #83

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you remember when duvets became the norm? Think that was the 80's too and going to Pizza Hut. 😁
My mum bought us duvets in the 60’s because she hated changing beds!! Widowed in her early 40,s with 3 of us and working full time! We were taught to change them from a fairly young age!! I now have a Coverless duvet! Was the whole thing !! Best thing I ever did!!

Reactions: 11
I used to have really long hair (past bum) when I was little. It only got washed once a week (eww) and then it was a major production. My sister had equally long hair. Washed in a sink with Vosene, then copious amounts of leave in conditioner in pink and white tube (forgotten name), then long comb through to de tangle, then sister and I had to lie by the two bar electric fire for hours to get it try. Those were the days.

Ee, you don’t know you were born.

• Haha
Reactions: 56
I used to have really long hair (past bum) when I was little. It only got washed once a week (eww) and then it was a major production. My sister had equally long hair. Washed in a sink with Vosene, then copious amounts of leave in conditioner in pink and white tube (forgotten name), then long comb through to de tangle, then sister and I had to lie by the two bar electric fire for hours to get it try. Those were the days.

I found Vosene in a shop the other week, I bought three bottles out of sheer nostalgia!

• Haha
Reactions: 18

Me too! We had a really big plastic jug to wash and rinse! Then after it was plaited and stayed that way til the following Sunday! Brushed and replaited every day!

Reactions: 19

My school friend came round for tea once and while we were playing I could smell burning. Turned out her hair had caught fire off of the electric bar heater.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13

Sunsilk was a favourite conditioner of the 70's and 80's (I only remember the latter!). My Mum always used it and she had really long hair. The leave in conditioner was that Vitapointe?

Reactions: 21
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I can only speak for myself, but in my family,this was the norm.And for those that lived in the same circumstances we did.I dare say it sounds strange to other people.
For some strange reason the post you were replying to was attributed to me. I did not post that comment, it was @Curlygirl28 so I don’t know what happened there. 🤷‍♀️

He looks like whatsisface out of the Human League with that daft haircut!!!
How very dare you compare my teenage crush the sex god that was Phil Oakey to this oik! 😱 😄

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
For some strange reason the post you were replying to was attributed to me. I did not post that comment, it was @Curlygirl28 so I don’t know what happened there. 🤷‍♀️

How very dare you compare my teenage crush the sex god that was Phil Oakey to this oik! 😱
😐.Dont know what happened there.
Also had big love for Phil Oakey.

Reactions: 4
Vitapointe, that was it. And yes to the plaits. A long blooming plait. Having hair that long was my mum’s choice. She eventually after pleading allowed us to get it cut to mid back length. Hallelujah

Reactions: 5
I seem to remember Timotea (sp?) being a big shampoo brand back in the day.

Reactions: 35
It's a shame it was discontinued (I'd be happy to be proven wrong on this as it was good) but just seen someone is trying to sell a 30ml tube for £30 on Amaz@n!
I bought some a few years back. It was very disappointing. Using it on virgin hair as opposed to menopausal hair, two very different experiences.

Reactions: 4

How very dare you compare my teenage crush the sex god that was Phil Oakey to this oik! 😱 😄

Phil Oakey in the 'Together in Electric Dreams' video. Hottest man of the 80's. If I was a bloke I'd have a constant boner just thinking of it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
It's a shame it was discontinued (I'd be happy to be proven wrong on this as it was good) but just seen someone is trying to sell a 30ml tube for £30 on Amaz@n!
I hate it when they discontinue a product you like. It always happens to me with perfumes. I must have very unpopular taste! Every time I find a perfume I like, a few months later they stop making it. Latest was Jo Malone’s “154.” The sales girl in the shop assured me that the replacement fragrance was very similar. It isn't 😡

I went to school with a guy who ended up engaged to the Timotei model (it didn't last!)
She had lovely blonde hair if I remember the advert right.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.