Secret Celebrity Gossip #83

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I guess I’m the only one who’s completely fed up with the “Katie Holmes is a hero for escaping from Tom Cruise” story. Obviously, good for her getting the divorce done on her terms, but she knew what she was getting into when she agreed to marry him in the first place. It was after his divorce from Mimi Rogers and after his much publicised divorce from Nicole Kidman. Everybody on the planet knew by then that he was neck-deep in the Scientology cult. She’s been in Hollywood for years, it was an open secret that he was auditioning for a new wife, and that some actresses actually had the good sense to say “hell no” when they got an offer through their agents. And even if she lived in a some kind of rose-tinted bubble and didn’t hear anything, sure she did notice something was off during their engagement (jumping on the couch during the interview?) The warning signs were there. Clearly she thought she knew what she was doing, marrying him and bringing a child into that. She was in it for the fame and for his clout, hoping she’d get a career like Kidman’s, not taking into account that she’s a much more limited actress. Hopefully her daughter does not end up with issues too severe from the exposure to Scientology at the early age, and now the whole estrangement from her father. At least not so severe that a few years of therapy sessions cannot fix it.
Wow. I hadn’t thought of it this way, but you make some really good points.

The only thing I would say is that even if Katie Holmes knew what she was getting into (and she clearly did), it doesn’t mean she has no right to leave the marriage.

Maybe at first, she knew what to expect, and they initially had a happy relationship. But who knows what then happened. I still think that the fact that it was so complicated for her to leave, and to divorce him speaks volumes.

Reactions: 16

The only thing I would say is that even if Katie Holmes knew what she was getting into (and she clearly did), it doesn’t mean she has no right to leave the marriage.

Maybe at first, she knew what to expect, and they initially had a happy relationship. But who knows what then happened. I still think that the fact that it was so complicated for her to leave, and to divorce him speaks volumes.
I dont doubt he is an excellent manipulator. The bloke is dripping with charm. So many times I almost want to like him as the persona he projects is very endearing.
Couple that with her probably being a fan, him promising her the world and gaslighting her about 'how misunderstood' he is - I imagine she got wrapped up in it all. Plus I bet there were threats from the Hubbard worshippers if she was to leave.

Reactions: 17
They are naming Charles Drury now as Lauren Goodyear’s attacker. Not a mystery 25 year old male. She has a fractured eye socket. Sounds like a punch?

• Sad
Reactions: 24
Regardless of that it was Steve Martin she left when she went off with Ellen and came out, he was apparently heartbroken.

Steve Martin back in the day… I would :love:
So then he went and made Bowfinger about her, how bleeping spiteful can you get.
He’s gone right down in my opinion, Hollywood men are hideous.

• Angry
Reactions: 17
They are naming Charles Drury now as Lauren Goodyear’s attacker. Not a mystery 25 year old male. She has a fractured eye socket. Sounds like a punch?
Probably, guess lots of heightened emotions and maybe alcohol given it was the day of their baby’s funeral. I’m guessing he was the father, I don’t know a lot about her and the article I skim read about it didn’t seem to mention him being present at all, it was all about her so not sure if he was around.
Obviously in no way excusing him if he did hit her even in those circumstances.

Reactions: 2
I can’t be the only person who thinks Britney’s husband is very bad news?

Reactions: 44
He’s got a nerve calling KFed a loser, pot kettle mate.
Those boys adore their dad.
He prob is a bit of a loser, but I honestly think Britney needs help, I mean is it any wonder her sons find her nude selfies difficult, I for one am glad they’ve spent most of the time with their dad, Britney as much as I feel for what she’s been through smacks of being mentally unstable, childlike, and a little narcissistic

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Everyone talking about the cover less duvet - what about the pillows?! Bought my son a set a few months ago and the duvet washes and dries brilliantly, the matching pillows though - a disaster!

• Wow
Reactions: 8
He prob is a bit of a loser, but I honestly think Britney needs help, I mean is it any wonder her sons find her nude selfies difficult, I for one am glad they’ve spent most of the time with their dad, Britney as much as I feel for what she’s been through smacks of being mentally unstable, childlike, and a little narcissistic
I've always had a suspicion there was a reason she was under a conservatorship and once it ended we would eventually see why

• Angry
Reactions: 9

Yes I always thought of Katie as a bit of a silly fangirl who willingly went along with all the contract stuff, but she is far smarter than that, and has a seemingly very smart lawyer dad who had his eye out for her. I still don't know if she would have been told the truth about what she was signing away though, or whether she thought it was a price worth paying, until she had Suri, then realised it wasn't.

Reactions: 9
I've always had a suspicion there was a reason she was under a conservatorship and once it ended we would eventually see why
This is what I found unsettling about the ‘Free Britney’ campaign. It was being propagated by people with no actual knowledge of her mental health status.

Her father may well have been a poor choice for conservator, but that doesn’t mean that she was necessarily going to be better off without the plan remaining in situ. A different executor may have been the better option.

Reactions: 14
I think a major part of the problem with the consevatorship is that it was given to her father, who seemed to be using it to get money out of her. Showbiz parents, especially in the US don't seem to be the best actual parents in general. I don't know who else would have been suitable though, as everyone seems to completely lack all responsibility when it comes to exploiting rich but mentally unwell people for cash in the US particularly.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
I wouldn't say her careers been all that successful, certainly not to the level they both expected. She has had very few acting jobs in the 8 years since leaving corrie (brassic, our girl, tina and bobby being only real ones of note), Hollywood didn't work out for her and she is basically known for her looks and what she wears plus her slimeball husband.

I'm not saying she has done badly financially, but in terms of forging a successful, respectful and in demand acting career, she has failed. I think marrying Mark has probably hindered her reputation too.
I definitely think she would have had a more stellar career without that lump of orange cheese she’s hitched her wagon to. In Hollywood, she’s just another pretty thin brunette, with not much else to offer. She probably gets more money for advertising catalogue dresses than acting.

Suranne Jones has had a successful post Corrie career though, despite the fact I have an irrational dislike for her. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Everyone talking about the cover less duvet - what about the pillows?! Bought my son a set a few months ago and the duvet washes and dries brilliantly, the matching pillows though - a disaster!
Don’t say that I chucked them in the basket too!!

Hop onto the Lauren thread- she hasn’t got a fractured anything; it’s bollocks, tit wording for sensationalism

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I think she’s off her medication and spiralling out of control. She’s 40, she’s gorgeous, she has a huge fan base. There’s no need for all the naked selfies and attention seeking instagram posts. Where’s her husband while all this is happening?

• Angry
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.