Secret Celebrity Gossip #83

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Awk I’m glad to hear Tom cruise is nice , I know the whole Scientology thing is weird but he does seem to actually be nice to people on a one to one basis from what’s reported on the media :)
Agree the Scientology thing is unfortunate but anything I've seen of him he seems really likeable

Reactions: 17
Awk I’m glad to hear Tom cruise is nice , I know the whole Scientology thing is weird but he does seem to actually be nice to people on a one to one basis from what’s reported on the media :)
No cameras about and I'm trying to go in a department store with my little one. Distracted I didn't realise the door was going to hit me, he caught it. I got a fright, as did my little one who started to cry. He made sure I was ok then leant down to speak to my little one and said to her everything was ok that her Mummy wasn't hurt. We spoke for a few minutes, just normal chit chat. A genuinely nice guy

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 67
I have a thing for Tom Cruise. Always have.

Don’t get me wrong, he’s a head case, but I would.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
I can only speak for myself, but in my family,this was the norm.And for those that lived in the same circumstances we did.I dare say it sounds strange to other people.
Although my memory doesn’t go back as far as 1980 (born 1978) but I do remember some of the early 80s and not many people had showers fitted in their bathrooms back then. It was just a bath. If you wanted to wash your hair you had to fit one of those rubber hosed shower head attachments to the bath taps and hold the shower head over your head as you leaned over the bath. They were very temperamental as one of the rubber attachments would always pop off one of the taps so you risked scalding yourself with hot water or freezing with cold water

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 80
Any ☕🫖 on Penny Lancaster? She’s a police officer now isn’t she? She’s always struck me as being a decent person despite who she married.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I can only speak for myself, but in my family,this was the norm.And for those that lived in the same circumstances we did.I dare say it sounds strange to other people.
Quite the norm when I was growing up too. Not many houses (that I knew of) had over-bath showers, never mind a separate shower unit.

Although my memory doesn’t go back as far as 1980 (born 1978) but I do remember some of the early 80s and not many people had showers fitted in their bathrooms back then. It was just a bath. If you wanted to wash your hair you had to fit one of those rubber hosed shower head attachments to the bath taps and hold the shower head over your head as you leaned over the bath. They were very temperamental as one of the rubber attachments would always pop off one of the taps so you risked scalding yourself with hot water or freezing with cold water
Yes, I remember washing my hair in this way too (and all the attendant problems with those hoses).

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Any ☕🫖 on Penny Lancaster? She’s a police officer now isn’t she? She’s always struck me as being a decent person despite who she married.
She does a few shifts a year as a special constable and there's always somehow paparazzi around to snap her on her shift

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I’m a few years older than you and this is absolutely my memories of bathrooms in the early to mid 80s.

Where in the UK were showers common in a standard family home in 1980? Baths only, and yes baths were only 1-2 times per week due to the need to heat up the lagged hot water tank (with Sunday night being ‘hair wash night’, ready for school on Monday).

Reactions: 55
I’m a few years older than you and this is absolutely my memories of bathrooms in the early to mid 80s.

Where in the UK were showers common in a standard family home in 1980? Baths only, and yes baths were only 1-2 times per week due to the need to heat up the lagged hot water tank (with Sunday night being ‘hair wash night’, ready for school on Monday).
I was trying to remember if we had showers as a child and, yes I remember the rubber hose attachment over the bath. We didn't have showers in the 80's where I lived either. Shared baths and rubber shower hoses for hair wadhingvhete too. I was born in 1975

Reactions: 25
I have a thing for Tom Cruise. Always have.

Don’t get me wrong, he’s a head case, but I would.
honestly, i randomly watched cocktail a few weeks back and he really was gorgeous and incredibly charismatic on screen. he’s looking great atm too.

he’s basically second in command of scientology (apparently) which does take the edge of somewhat, but i get it!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Yes, that was my childhood too. 😁
Also when I saw East is East at the cinema a friend said that was her childhood. I wanted to ask if she meant an outside loo and a potty in the house but I was too embarrassed to.

Reactions: 7
Yes, that was my childhood too. 😁
Also when I saw East is East at the cinema a friend said that was her childhood. I wanted to ask if she meant an outside loo and a potty in the house but I was too embarrassed to.
There were still terraced houses with outdoor toilets in my area in the 70s/early 80s

Reactions: 12

Do you remember when duvets became the norm? Think that was the 80's too and going to Pizza Hut. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 19
More on vile Tim Westwood and the police are investigating sex crime claims against him that go back 40 years

☹

He was known locally for all sorts when I was a teen. I thought he’d already been done 😱 yeah he’s not good. Not good at all.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Do you remember when duvets became the norm? Think that was the 80's too and going to Pizza Hut. 😁

Yes! Duvets were so modern and ‘European’ 😁

I still love it when you see an elderly person’s house on Rightmove and they have the obligatory candlewick bedspread on the single bed in the spare room, complete with travel alarm clock on the bedside table.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
I was trying to remember if we had showers as a child and, yes I remember the rubber hose attachment over the bath. We didn't have showers in the 80's where I lived either. Shared baths and rubber shower hoses for hair wadhingvhete too. I was born in 1975
I'm a bit older than this and there simply wasn't the constant hot water from the tank or boiler that seems to be much more common nowadays, so jumping into baths wasn't as available and the bath water usually needed to be shared.

I sound about 3,000 years old now 😁😁

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.