Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Missypissy

I love a big frame - if I could justify the 300 quids plus for them and the prescription I would consider them. I know they aren’t for everyone and I could give off Elton John vibes. She doesn’t own her opinions as opinions though - they have to be fact, for fashion, product, perfume, her hair. If anyone criticises her opinion they get shot down.
I went big on my specs recently. Realised that they are the thing I wear most so I had a splurge at specs savers. Got two for price of one and think it came to about 240 with my lenses etc. Obviously as a total tight arse this nearly gave me a stroke but it was worth it. Feel like all my facial features are evaporating with menopause and think they have stopped me looking like a potato. Felt cool AF. However when I got home the kids said ohh look who turned up. It's Will.I.Am
Then I showed them my other pair of retro wire ones and they called me Walter White.
Fuckin teenagers trolling me. She Here wouldn't last five minutes in our house.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
Someone, presumably a fan, has used Sali's picture as a profile pic and some people are furious on Sali's behalf (click on thread)

I'm not saying that the account doesn't look off but Sali has used pictures of celebrities as profile pics, such as Liz Taylor etc. Why is this different?
Can I just say , I am not Kurt Cobain.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49

Brian Butterfield

VIP Member
Last time I got fake nails must have been about 15 years ago - what are these gels you speak of? Acrylics ruined my nails, never went back.
Appreciate these won’t be to everyone’s taste but these are my natural nails with a gel manicure. All vegan and cruelty free products. There must be so many incredible nail technicians in Brighton so I’m totally baffled by her thick stick on monstrosities.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 46

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Thanks to @Disillusioned for the thread title. Sums up She Here to perfection in her own words 😂

Last thread:

* Sali caused a twitter storm by saying men leading other men on dog leads through Brighton was completely normal and unremarkable. So completely normal and unremarkable she felt the need to remark on it 🤔
People who live outside Brighton WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND OK?
Another Brighton resident mildly disagreed whereupon She Here doxxed his place of work, said she would be boycotting it, presumably hoping others would do the same.
Which was obviously a reasonable and measured response. Supporting local businesses after a pandemic and all that. I think there could be an advert in that.

* On a lighter note she is on her holiday in Greece 🇬🇷
No make up, denim shorts and black singlets, £300 flip-flops (you what? Yes it is true) so living the dream.
She managed to find the time to get in a dig about nasty mean friends who don't want to be friends with her any more. Thus sort of proving the ex friend's point.
Also she is a menace on planes, squirting smelly mists every few seconds blissfully unaware of anyone within a 5 foot radius.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45

Missypissy

Have said this before but I proper love this forum. Love hearing the different voices and takes on and challenges to the opinions that people with massive megaphones blast at us and expect us to take as "actual facts". Also love the proper funny fuckers on here that make me lollz. I can go from stroking my meno beard and thinking about different feminist perspectives on beauty whilst reading one post to snorting my coffee out of my nose a little bit on the next.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
So Closer is 'cheeky' but Tattle is a sewer full of dangerous middle aged women with mental health problems?
I actually am baffled that Sali cannot see her astonishing hypocrisy here.

• Heart
Reactions: 43

Gold_7

Chatty Member
I resent being labelled a troll for using this forum. I’ve never trolled Sali, I just find her a bit silly and a very poor writer. Is finding someone mildly ridiculous being a troll?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

Missypissy

Screenshot_20210910-202759_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210910-202759_Chrome.jpg

Good that She Here is tweeting hard about publications that misquote women and use misogynistic headlines to attract readers who don't realise that people's faces and insecurities are not for salacious consumption.
So glad that She Here doesn't buy exactly that sort of shit rag to read on trains and then show off about it on insta. That would be a bit of a mismatch between words and actions wouldn't it?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39

melfish

VIP Member
Her job is to foster women's insecurities and FOMO so they spend more money. That's it. That's her whole job. She is just a cog in the capitalist machine. The waffle about sustainability is just that

People rightly taking the piss out of the column 😆

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Now we can do a vote!
Leave the emoji on this comment to vote. Which is best
❤ “Cheap” crisps
🤣a red lip
🤢 being size XS
😳 Brighton beach and the “vibe”

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38

Missypissy

Dear God that latest skincare video is a right snarlathon isn't it? She delivers it so grudgingly. Like she's been rudely interrupted and forced to go through her makeup bag by someone she hates. Zero passion 100% dripping with disdain. Reckon we are close to going from Hiya to hi to an eyeroll and FFS as an opener.

• Haha
  • Heart

Icicles

Hello All,

I have posted here once or twice but you all put things so well and concisely that I prefer to read what you post. I don’t have anything original to say but thank you for all your thoughts .
Anyway , what am I pissed off at now ? you’ve already covered it and I feel seen as my daughters say.
1. the CT flare up- Sali Hughes attempted to argue that the treatment of CT was misogynistic. Failing of course to follow the argument to its logical conclusion ,ie the beauty industry is itself inherently deeply misogynistic and preys on insecurity. Does Sali really not understand that or is she being a good foot soldier for the consumerist machine ?
2. Bloody Jones road. I hate the name - it must mean something special to BB to to me it’s ‘look how different this is , we aren’t more of the same, honest’. All the usual suspects were peddling the products. From what I could see the products either did little ( I know it’s meant to be a minimal look) or , in case of the balm, made the wearer look worse! Shiny and blotchy.
3. The sales person thing . If I ever see an ad on tv now I’m struck by how honest it is. Straightforward selling. How cute. Most selling is so much more insidious on Instagram etc because you don’t always know where the line is . A bit like product placement.

• Heart

HattieJakes

Sali's work is so very very different, complex and special you see. The captions just won't do the importance, difference and specialness of her job justice.

Also, the captions spell her name with the dreaded LLY which is just too much to bear. She's Welsh you know. It's a Welsh name. From the valleys. From where she was a teenage runaway protégée make-up artist age 14.

You hard of hearing people couldn't possibly understand. You are not good people. It's a complex case.

• Haha

Disillusioned

VIP Member
Jesus! Our Expert Content Creator, in the year 2021, is unable to provide captions. And is hesitant to spend any actual cash on the issue. What a Queen of Inclusion.

CCCCA115-4238-40CE-B943-771079905CBE.jpeg

She only bothers with any on-screen information because her dumbfuck followers (read: income providers) can’t be arsed to read her credits. What a drain it all is for her.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 37

Clovis

VIP Member
She saw the Stones play an empty pub when they were just starting out. Even back then, she knew they were special.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37