Sali Hughes #38 True to size. Mine is XS

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve tried the corsx ones and they seem ok - bonus is that I don’t accidentally touch it, and the slight colour of them can act as a concealer (if Caucasian) for zoom / nipping out.
acnecide (benzoyl peroxide) is better than tea tree oil (but can stain your towels. A male flat mate still insists that girls stained his towels with foundation rather than he didn’t wash his hands properly after applying)
It's best to use white towels and bedlinen with BPO because it's a bleaching action. Fabric goes a sort of nasty yellowish or orange version of the original colour. Some of mine suffered years ago.

Reactions: 3
Does anyone have any recommendations for spots/pimple patches?

I think that hormonal reasons are causing chin spots just now. I like the idea of putting a pimple patch on overnight but do they work or are they just a gimmick? I’ve been using tea tree oil but it’s not doing anything.

P.S. I’m not “there” yet but I believe I’m on the bus which takes you there!
That is so wierd. I have a massive pimple on my chin for the first time in many years after being a right spotty muldoon in my 30s. The 'there' bus has sailed past me a while ago and in the depot so it can't be that as I don't believe I have any hormones left 😂
I harbour vague hopes that a pimple makes me look slightly youthful.
I put mine down to changing my face washing (why? It had been fine for years?) and using hot water and a flannel (again why? It didn't suit me the times I tried it before) instead of normal cotton wool pad and micellar water.
I just lard a basic concealer on - if it doesn't stand out I'm less likely to keep examining it every few seconds and poking at it. Is the theory.

Reactions: 5
That is so wierd. I have a massive pimple on my chin for the first time in many years after being a right spotty muldoon in my 30s. The 'there' bus has sailed past me a while ago and in the depot so it can't be that as I don't believe I have any hormones left 😂
I harbour vague hopes that a pimple makes me look slightly youthful.
I put mine down to changing my face washing (why? It had been fine for years?) and using hot water and a flannel (again why? It didn't suit me the times I tried it before) instead of normal cotton wool pad and micellar water.
I just lard a basic concealer on - if it doesn't stand out I'm less likely to keep examining it every few seconds and poking at it. Is the theory.
Your recent spot might just be to do with wearing a face mask. If you're not wearing a fresh one daily, be sure to do so!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Your recent spot might just be to do with wearing a face mask. If you're not wearing a fresh one daily, be sure to do so!
You know what I was thinking this too. I'm afraid I have got lax sometimes - putting on whatever mask I have in my pocket. No excuse apart from laziness.

Reactions: 4
I’m on the bus too. I haven’t had hormonal spots since I cut dairy from my diet but recently have had to wear masks a lot for work and have had a right old clogged chin. I’ve been using a dab of Queen Helene face mask at night and some good old sudocrem and that combo seems to be helping.

Reactions: 2
Someone, presumably a fan, has used Sali's picture as a profile pic and some people are furious on Sali's behalf (click on thread)

I'm not saying that the account doesn't look off but Sali has used pictures of celebrities as profile pics, such as Liz Taylor etc. Why is this different?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Re Glossier Cloud Paint, i know I'm like week late to the party (catching up) but pro tip from r/glossier is to poke a hole in the foil with the needle, stops too much product from coming out.
Also, I like to mix beam with puff or add a tiny bit of storm to puff, gives it a little more definition.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Re Glossier Cloud Paint, i know I'm like week late to the party (catching up) but pro tip from r/glossier is to poke a hole in the foil with the needle, stops too much product from coming out.
Also, I like to mix beam with puff or add a tiny bit of storm to puff, gives it a little more definition.
I do this with the foil on nail polish remover bottles as it slows down the evaporation which seems to happen even with the lid firmly closed.

Reactions: 8
Someone, presumably a fan, has used Sali's picture as a profile pic and some people are furious on Sali's behalf (click on thread)

I'm not saying that the account doesn't look off but Sali has used pictures of celebrities as profile pics, such as Liz Taylor etc. Why is this different?
Some of those comments are hilarious - saying Sali is a private citizen, as if her picture wasn’t isn’t the public domain! I don’t know what the background to this is, but calling the person who set up the Twitter account a grifter (they may well be) … but oh the irony 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I mean what else is the blue tick for if not to signal which account belongs to the real Sali? How odd, Sali and her mates salivate so much over the blue tick status they’ve forgotten it’s original intended purpose.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Yes it's not like the person was pretending to be Sali. And for Sali to DM her to ask her to take down the picture... I expect PJ Harvey will send me a PM here shortly to discuss my avatar

• Haha
Reactions: 31

Can I just say , I am not Kurt Cobain.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
I am not Pixie Lott 😐

I always find it funny the influencers groan on about "fake avatars" when message board avatars predate all the major social media sites and have never been about posting yourself😆

Several times Tattlers have accidentally outed themselves and been on the receiving end of a threatening and scary but ultimately meaningless legal letter send on behalf of an influencer. Even if it's all bullshit it can be frightening that someone in a position in power and influence can easily try to squash members of the public. Anonymity on somewhere with strict rules isn't a bad thing.

Lots of tattle is bitchy, but lots is also whistle blowing and freedom of expression on commercial buisnesses.

Reactions: 23
@Yel I honestly think the reason why Sali's forum failed is because it had a heavy focus on not being anonymous- users posted their actual pictures as avatars and posted daily selfies and that sort of thing. You go there now and it's a tiny handful of the same posters. Sometimes you need a place where you can go and anonymously vent about something without your boss/ sister/ whoever coming across what you've written

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.