Sali Hughes #38 True to size. Mine is XS

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I almost feel sorry for her as it is truly awful.
She needs to stop now and attempt to just grow it out/have the dead thin strands cut off and go back to her natural hair - which was fine. There is no humiliation in just acknowledging it was an experiment that failed. She was either very badly advised or just bulldozered on regardless.
She keeps larding on more and more product to wrecked hair and it won't make a scrap of difference.
Interesting she said a Hersheson keeps advising her to have it all cut off.
I actually think that for once her inability to admit she made a mistake is going to haunt her big time. I think she went with this other place for the bleach job in the first place probably because Hersheshon wouldn't do what she asked for - exactly because it would result in extremely damaged hair. She didn't want to listen and went with whoever would do what she wanted. Now she can see how she went wrong but she still can't admit it.

Is she going to bleach all her hair off just because she always has to be right? What a conundrum for her. Especially because all her self esteem comes from how she looks.

Reactions: 18
Slightly OT but when I googled it, I was directed to an old Sali thread :ROFLMAO: Has anyone used the Glossier Ultra Lip or Cloud Paint? Comes up on my IG all the time. I really like the Bobbi Brown lip tints and their pot rouge cream blushers, but they are quite expensive. Can't decide if these might be a viable alternative🧐

Reactions: 1
It's deliberate, isn't it? So people are forced to ask about a product and she can post an affiliate link? Or at least clearly signal to the brand that she is mentioning them.
She very very rarely posts affiliate links. I think there's only one company she does it for but can't remember which it is.
I'd think it's more likely she hadn't thought of it and was just making up a rambling excuse why she doesn't do it to be more inclusive. Hence babbling on about something unrelated.

Slightly OT but when I googled it, I was directed to an old Sali thread :ROFLMAO: Has anyone used the Glossier Ultra Lip or Cloud Paint? Comes up on my IG all the time. I really like the Bobbi Brown lip tints and their pot rouge cream blushers, but they are quite expensive. Can't decide if these might be a viable alternative🧐
I use Cloud Paint and really like it. It has a tendency for too much to come out so you have watch that but it's really pretty and foolproof. The tube is tiny though so if you wear makeup regularly it might not last long. I only wear occasionally since Covid.

Better newly tinted hair on IG today.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
PSA - she finally got her "horrendous roots blitzed" (not my words)

And somebody foolishly asked was she going to drop the tan for winter so she can see pale skin with the grey 😄 Dear God she'll be apoplectic with rage being the most fairest and palest in the land

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I have cloud paint. Puff and Haze are the two I had/have. Mselvista is right when she says that lots comes out at once, so be careful of that. I find the pigment is good. Puff ran out quicker than Haze as it was more of a daytime shade for me. I bought them because they reminded me of a product that Origins did years ago which was a lip and cheek tint. Sadly like most things I love they don't do it any more so I found a replacement. I also use the Beauty Pie cream blushes they are good as well and you probably have more control over the application of those as they are creamier than the Glossier ones which are more of a stain.

Reactions: 3
Give it 6 months and I reckon all companies will insist that their influencer ads have to have captions, is an accessibility issue and it shows how out of touch she is compared to younger influencers

Cloud paints are nice but I wish they had a doe foot applicator. I prefer the packaging of the fenty cream blushes are also more subtle on the skin than they look

Reactions: 16
I hope you're right, @zcfthc5. I don't need captions at the moment, but I still prefer them to listening to somebody fail to get to the point for 20 minutes. At least with captions you can go at your own speed.

Reactions: 11
Sali's work is so very very different, complex and special you see. The captions just won't do the importance, difference and specialness of her job justice.

Also, the captions spell her name with the dreaded LLY which is just too much to bear. She's Welsh you know. It's a Welsh name. From the valleys. From where she was a teenage runaway protégée make-up artist age 14.

You hard of hearing people couldn't possibly understand. You are not good people. It's a complex case.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Just chiming in to say Glossier cloud paints are lovely and blend nicely. But for me the Beauty Pie blushes are even nicer. I've got all four of the current shades! Subtle and also buildable, if that's your preference.

Reactions: 3
I have cloud paint. Puff and Haze are the two I had/have. Mselvista is right when she says that lots comes out at once, so be careful of that. I find the pigment is good. Puff ran out quicker than Haze as it was more of a daytime shade for me. I bought them because they reminded me of a product that Origins did years ago which was a lip and cheek tint. Sadly like most things I love they don't do it any more so I found a replacement. I also use the Beauty Pie cream blushes they are good as well and you probably have more control over the application of those as they are creamier than the Glossier ones which are more of a stain.
I have Cloud Paint in Storm, and it is OK. The color does not show up well on my dark skin (I guess I should have bought a lighter shade?). The price is good; it costs half as much as LE's Enlivening Blush, which has a somewhat drier texture but extremely bright color, so a little goes a long way.

I remember using Origins' Pinch Your Cheeks liquid blush with great delight back in the 90s. Has anyone tried the current version that Origins sells now? I wonder how it compares to the original, which was just about perfect.

Reactions: 4
I'm not a massive fan of Cloud Paint. I end up with way too much product squeezed out, admittedly that may well be me being cack-handed. I think I just get on better with cream blushes rather than liquid ones. I find the Milk cream blush easier to slap on.

Reactions: 2
I really like the Bobbi Brown lip tints and their pot rouge cream blushers, but they are quite expensive. Can't decide if these might be a viable alternative🧐
don’t forget, Bobbi thinks we look tit without makeup!

I forgot to put on makeup before leaving house today. So far none of my colleagues have run away screaming or vomited on the spot so I guess I’m getting away with it for now.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
No help I know (because they are out of stock) but I have been liking the Lisa Eldridge one. Big tube too, I reckon it will last me years.

Thanks everyone! Think I'll try a cloud paint and see how I get on. Quite like the idea of it being more like a stain. My skin olive-toned so think I'll go for one of the darker ones. Knowing me and my blusher addiction I'll be purchasing a LE one once they are back in stock :ROFLMAO: Had to cancel all our holidays this year so got a whole lotta extra pennies to treat myself with.

Bobbi would be loving me today, I've got a full face on and I'm just cleaning the house. I hope the Yodel delivery person appreciates it later on today 💅

Reactions: 5
Love Cloud Paint, I’ve used it since it came out. Beam, Dusk and Puff are my colours. Beam mostly as it makes me look like I haven’t just been dug up. A tube lasts me about a year using every day. It’s super concentrated but brilliantly easy to apply. Worth a try for sure. Nice to slick over your lips too.

don’t forget, Bobbi thinks we look tit without makeup!

I forgot to put on makeup before leaving house today. So far none of my colleagues have run away screaming or vomited on the spot so I guess I’m getting away with it for now.
Luckily Bobbi herself doesn’t get any money from us buying Bobbi Brown these days. It’s owned by Estée Lauder (a thing I am glad of as I like the shadow sticks and don’t like her 😅)

Reactions: 5
I have Cloud Paint in Storm, and it is OK. The color does not show up well on my dark skin (I guess I should have bought a lighter shade?). The price is good; it costs half as much as LE's Enlivening Blush, which has a somewhat drier texture but extremely bright color, so a little goes a long way.

I remember using Origins' Pinch Your Cheeks liquid blush with great delight back in the 90s. Has anyone tried the current version that Origins sells now? I wonder how it compares to the original, which was just about perfect.
I could not fine Pinch Your Cheeks anymore - maybe it is just in the US now. I am in the UK 🔺

Reactions: 1
Luckily Bobbi herself doesn’t get any money from us buying Bobbi Brown these days. It’s owned by Estée Lauder (a thing I am glad of as I like the shadow sticks and don’t like her 😅)
Haha I don't like her anymore either, see ya Bobbi 🖕

Wow just seen Sali's new post. She's made her 'grey' hair extremely blurry for some reason. She's also off the charts snippy in the comments, it's amazing. Why anyone who has any engagement with her carries on following is completely beyond me.

Adoring fan: LOVE your necklaces Sali! Where are they from?

Sali with the blue tick: See post from a week ago.

I've ordered 2 cloud paints and an ultra lip to try 😬

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Gah! She needs to stop paying for these nails - why is the shape always so off, like they're wider at the top? Also, the thumb one doesn't go right down to the cuticle compared to the others, it looks like it's a week old nail grown out, not a fresh one.
Her nails to me don't seem to fit with her new style / persona. They just look too long, too thick and too shiny 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.