Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Hirons replied to Sali's tweet with something like "it's so depressing when women turn against each other".
Firstly, when men disagree does anyone comment on how they "turn against each other"? Or is it only women that are held to different standards 🙄
Secondly, Hirons herself has gone after many women in a very public way
I don't understand why Sali has said that CT is insecure about her looks because of this makeup thing. That may well be the case but did she actually say that or is Sali assuming?

It's funny how Sali talks about her 'passion for product', 'a passion for surface doesn't mean a lack of depth', 'makeup is my job ok?', 'makeup is creative', but everyone else is insecure, has mental health issues (that ITB with Caitlin Moran). She simultaneously tries to push the narrative that it's ok to like makeup while also inferring that she is the only one with a healthy attitude towards it. Strange

Not defending CT at all (can't stand her) but Sali's overreaction and hand wringing over this has been baffling.

And the point Sali made about "peoples marriages are none of other peoples business". Well then maybe CT shouldn't keep talking about it? A public figure makes a statement or says something, people are going to have an opinion. That's how it works, Sali. Sali has tweeted before about how Melania seems to hate Trump (I agree and who could blame her). Using your logic Sali, is their marriage not none of your business?

What about the Obama's who also looked like they were about to head home to 'bang' according to Sali? Again, is their marriage any of your business?

• Heart
Reactions: 37

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
‘Please don’t have a go at me for how much product I bring’. Christ it’s like someone held a gun to her head to make that video. Develop a sense of humour and get over yourself!
For an influencer she has incredibly thin skin. Must be all those acids!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

Raker

VIP Member
I know She Here has declared autumn on us all through the medium of dog-shit coloured jumpers, but I want to take you back a few weeks to the warmth and discussion of public fetish behaviour in south coast hipster paradises…

…basically I saw this and thought of She Here and just shoehorned it right in 🤣🤣🤣

A235F0B0-F846-42F0-B8C3-FD167D0417BE.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 35

Universal

Chatty Member
Is time for me to confess that I am not the entire Universe? Did you all think I was just because of my profile picture?

• Haha
  • Sad

DisgruntledGoat

VIP Member
I actually thought Tomiwa’s piece was good. I also thought Kate Clanchy was in the wrong and handled criticism badly. It’s so annoying how everything always has to descend into the sheer tribalism of “I am so good and so pure” and “they are so terrible and bigoted”. Ultimately people of colour aren’t a monolith and the expectation that every non-white person will hold the same beliefs is pretty fucking racist. I love the work of Lorde and Crenshaw; I understand the conditions and implications of white feminism. However it’s ultimately becoming a stick for white, privileged women to beat down the opinions of other women they don’t agree with, and frankly I think weaponising a concept to shout down other women when you have personally benefited from the system you’re decrying is tacky. If people like Joanne Harris are so committed to eliminating white feminism why aren’t they, say, giving up their places as chair of the society of authors or whatnot to Black women? There’s very little practising what you preach going on.

In brief, though, Sali isn’t capable of such nuance and acknowledging it presents problems for her frankly unjustifiable tenure at the Guardian. If you’re so committed to amplifying Black voices maybe you could give up one of every four columns to an up and coming writer? No? Hm. And so the empty virtue signalling continues.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
For the love of smeg, I wish they would stop referring to women who post on a niche forum as 'trolls'. If the Becky thing was real, she was apologetic and it must be awful to read about herself as a 'troll' in a national newspaper. It's dehumanising.
Sali admitted she trolled Dawn O Porter for years, but apologised (let's assume this happened) and said they were now friends.
'Becky' is afforded no compassion by Sali after apologising. In fact mocked on various documentaries and programmes.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 34

Disillusioned

VIP Member
Oh god, I will die laughing… #science #nerd #sciencenerd

210C00D9-8B71-4853-8535-4FD911C30BA6.png

CRINGE!!

It’s so heavily filtered it looks like a 1980s advert. Laboratoires Hûghes anyone?

Last edited:
  • Haha

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
It was me who posted the NHS comment initially, hope I didn't offend anyone and I certainly am not denying that NHS staff do fantastic work. It was more just that there are plenty of others who kept the country going but don't get the same recognition (the I'm an NHS worker and can't afford xyz thing comes up a lot in the Hirons Facebook group). Ultimately I blame influencers for contributing to the keeping up the Jones culture. Hirons with her multiple 'must have' kits in one year and Sali with her snobby and out of touch attitude

AsterSalonen

The thing is influencing is basically a sales job. If you work for a company you get performance reviews, your colleagues may gossip about your work, you may end up reviewed on Yelp, Trip advisor, Google, and I'm sure there are many other places .

You cannot review, ask questions or communicate anything to an influencer that is not glowing. Comments get deleted or you get accused of trolling. You invite these people in to your life, they work to try to form a bond with their viewers. Viewers are entitled to hold opinions whether it be negative or positive. This should not be a shock to them. We all have to go through it in our own careers. Why do they expect to not have their performances reviewed or questioned?

• Heart
Reactions: 33

MissHavisham

Chatty Member
Hadn't looked at her insta in ages and was agog when I looked at her vid today! Recommending...hair products, when you look like a Status Quo roadie is certainly bold. 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 32

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I hate to kick someone's hair when they are down, but in comments under her holiday hair video someone asked how she coped with breakage to which she replied - 'I haven't had any, I've been very lucky' :oops:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Yes it's not like the person was pretending to be Sali. And for Sali to DM her to ask her to take down the picture... I expect PJ Harvey will send me a PM here shortly to discuss my avatar

• Haha
Reactions: 31

Annasho

That price chat is horrible.
Keep it real, everyone. I found an ancient bottle of CK One in a drawer earlier today. Put it on for a bit of nostalgia and it's cheered me right up! #basicbitch4life

• Heart
Reactions: 31