Sali Hughes #38 True to size. Mine is XS

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you Google troll site tattle is the first hit with a thread that helpfully explains what trolling actually is. Sali agreed with this description of trolls and wrote about it, untill she got an active thread 😆

View attachment 758088
Oh wow. She's completely redefined it to fit her own narrative 😆 🤪 🤦‍♀️

She really is ridiculous

• Haha
Reactions: 5
CT has definitely brought this up A LOT, not sure if I first saw it on the In The Bathroom but I know I was surprised at the uproar over the past few days about it because she’s been saying the same thing for yeeeeears.
I saw there was a bit of a to-do yesterday on her facebook group when someone started a post about CT's comments, saying ;what a load of old bollocks'. Basically all the mods appeared and it was deemed absolutely unfeminist to hold this against CT as she was being misrepresented by the Mail and if she chose to do this in her own life it didn't mean she was suggesting all women should do the same. And feminism is about choice after all (it isn't). And then comments were closed.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Hirons replied to Sali's tweet with something like "it's so depressing when women turn against each other".
Firstly, when men disagree does anyone comment on how they "turn against each other"? Or is it only women that are held to different standards 🙄
Secondly, Hirons herself has gone after many women in a very public way
I don't understand why Sali has said that CT is insecure about her looks because of this makeup thing. That may well be the case but did she actually say that or is Sali assuming?

It's funny how Sali talks about her 'passion for product', 'a passion for surface doesn't mean a lack of depth', 'makeup is my job ok?', 'makeup is creative', but everyone else is insecure, has mental health issues (that ITB with Caitlin Moran). She simultaneously tries to push the narrative that it's ok to like makeup while also inferring that she is the only one with a healthy attitude towards it. Strange

Not defending CT at all (can't stand her) but Sali's overreaction and hand wringing over this has been baffling.

And the point Sali made about "peoples marriages are none of other peoples business". Well then maybe CT shouldn't keep talking about it? A public figure makes a statement or says something, people are going to have an opinion. That's how it works, Sali. Sali has tweeted before about how Melania seems to hate Trump (I agree and who could blame her). Using your logic Sali, is their marriage not none of your business?

What about the Obama's who also looked like they were about to head home to 'bang' according to Sali? Again, is their marriage any of your business?

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Sali ‘Four Fridges’ Hughes. Reminds me of Gazza’s chum, Jimmy ‘Five Bellies’. Same excessive consumption.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Have said this before but I proper love this forum. Love hearing the different voices and takes on and challenges to the opinions that people with massive megaphones blast at us and expect us to take as "actual facts". Also love the proper funny fuckers on here that make me lollz. I can go from stroking my meno beard and thinking about different feminist perspectives on beauty whilst reading one post to snorting my coffee out of my nose a little bit on the next.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Hirons replied to Sali's tweet with something like "it's so depressing when women turn against each other".
Firstly, when men disagree does anyone comment on how they "turn against each other"? Or is it only women that are held to different standards 🙄
Secondly, Hirons herself has gone after many women in a very public way
I don't understand why Sali has said that CT is insecure about her looks because of this makeup thing. That may well be the case but did she actually say that or is Sali assuming?

It's funny how Sali talks about her 'passion for product', 'a passion for surface doesn't mean a lack of depth', 'makeup is my job ok?', 'makeup is creative', but everyone else is insecure, has mental health issues (that ITB with Caitlin Moran). She simultaneously tries to push the narrative that it's ok to like makeup while also inferring that she is the only one with a healthy attitude towards it. Strange

Not defending CT at all (can't stand her) but Sali's overreaction and hand wringing over this has been baffling.

And the point Sali made about "peoples marriages are none of other peoples business". Well then maybe CT shouldn't keep talking about it? A public figure makes a statement or says something, people are going to have an opinion. That's how it works, Sali. Sali has tweeted before about how Melania seems to hate Trump (I agree and who could blame her). Using your logic Sali, is their marriage not none of your business?

What about the Obama's who also looked like they were about to head home to 'bang' according to Sali? Again, is their marriage any of your business?
Making pronouncements about people's (not least our) motivation and mental health seems to be a core SH characteristic.

First time I was taken aback by it was when she tweeted - a few years ago - about being pestered by a man in the street and taking refuge in a make-up shop. In response someone commented that he might have had mental health issues - to which her response was something like: No, he didn't have mental health issues he was just a man behaving badly.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
Making pronouncements about people's (not least our) motivation and mental health seems to be a core SH characteristic.

First time I was taken aback by it was when she tweeted - a few years ago - about being pestered by a man in the street and taking refuge in a make-up shop. In response someone commented that he might have had mental health issues - to which her response was something like: No, he didn't have mental health issues he was just a man behaving badly.
No doubt she carried out a mental health assessment before running in the make up shop.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 20

urgh that pisses me off so much because both can be true at once? A man can be making you uncomfortable and feel unsafe whilst also potentially having mental health problems or a neurodivergency that makes them interact with people in a way outside the ‘norm’, and which isn’t their fault. You are not in the wrong as a woman to still find that unnerving and want to get out of the situation because you obvs don’t know their life or intentions and can only go on what you see/feel. But Sali’s response just says it all, no nuance, no allowance for someone else’s opinion or suggestion that she maybe think more broadly.
Like why couldn’t she just say ‘oh that absolutely might have been the case with him, however I still felt uncomfortable as a woman alone so wanted to get out of the situation’ … it’s so easy not to come across as a head

Reactions: 22

I think that exchange is a prime example of Sali taking comments in the spirit she herself would mean them. I think often people make very well-meaning comments or ask well-meaning questions and Sali takes it to be a dig - because she herself loves to make a dig.

A bit like how often people who are very concerned with what people think of them are only like that because they themselves are very judgemental

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I think that exchange is a prime example of Sali taking comments in the spirit she herself would mean them. I think often people make very well-meaning comments or ask well-meaning questions and Sali takes it to be a dig - because she herself loves to make a dig.

A bit like how often people who are very concerned with what people think of them are only like that because they themselves are very judgemental
That's interesting. I've certainly found it to be the case that people expect others to act the way they would.

Reactions: 11
urgh that pisses me off so much because both can be true at once? A man can be making you uncomfortable and feel unsafe whilst also potentially having mental health problems or a neurodivergency that makes them interact with people in a way outside the ‘norm’, and which isn’t their fault. You are not in the wrong as a woman to still find that unnerving and want to get out of the situation because you obvs don’t know their life or intentions and can only go on what you see/feel. But Sali’s response just says it all, no nuance, no allowance for someone else’s opinion or suggestion that she maybe think more broadly.
Like why couldn’t she just say ‘oh that absolutely might have been the case with him, however I still felt uncomfortable as a woman alone so wanted to get out of the situation’ … it’s so easy not to come across as a head
Not that easy, if you are a head...

Reactions: 3
Have said this before but I proper love this forum. Love hearing the different voices and takes on and challenges to the opinions that people with massive megaphones blast at us and expect us to take as "actual facts". Also love the proper funny fuckers on here that make me lollz. I can go from stroking my meno beard and thinking about different feminist perspectives on beauty whilst reading one post to snorting my coffee out of my nose a little bit on the next.
Honestly, I think this is what gets Sali the most about here. Someone said it before but we're her target audience and that's what stings

Reactions: 11
Honestly, I think this is what gets Sali the most about here. Someone said it before but we're her target audience and that's what stings
Totally agree with this. Used to enjoy her columns and recommendations. But over time she became increasingly rude and disdainful to people, clearly thought that she was better than all of us and it became evident (once she pointed lots of people here) that she was effectively scamming people. Absolutely can't stand her now and would never follow her recommendations + she looks really rough these days. Would generally never make a point of commenting on how a woman looks but as this is apparently her area of expertise and she absolutely fancies herself it's really jarring.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Did anyone else see comments made by Sali about her hair in her video asking for makeup requests yesterday? She was asked about products for grey hair and she basically said she is having trouble finding anything good (toner wise) and that sometimes her hair looks so terrible she just puts it in a ponytail. First tentative steps to introducing the idea of having it reversed? Or is that a reach?

She also said she wants to do a video about expensive body and face stuff etc for Christmas but knows the amount of tit she will get in comments. Is this true? As far as I can see her IG comments are usually overwhelmingly gushing and full of praise.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Oh give it a rest, you bore.

CT has said the make up thing on many occasions, including Sali's ITB. I honestly can't understand why she's still going on and on about it. Does CT herself give as much of a tit? She's probably in Ibiza loving all the attention her multi million brand is getting. She's obviously a shrewd businesswoman and knows what she's doing

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.