Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Stop calling it a hotel. It is a tiny B&B in the heart of Concord, in the center, within walking distance of the majority of sights. It has 6 rooms in it. People around here will recognize it on sight due to the wallpaper and white bedspreads. If she had shown a picture of a room at the Wayside Inn in Sudbury I would have known that too, and probably the room number because I've stayed there numerous times myself and there are only 10 rooms in the original inn where you can stay. Want a taste of Gilmore Girls? Put aside your romantic visions. This is a small town, small and intimate community, everyone knows each other, everyone knows what everyone is doing. We don't go into stores with a look of awe. Our friends work in them, they own them. This isn't Boston or New York City or London. We have 10's of thousands of "literary" tourists every year. We know exactly where they stay, where they eat, what they will do, where they will shop. She doxes herself.
I literally couldn’t give a single fuck if it’s an airbnb, a hotel or a palace she’s staying in, you shouldn’t be naming her location on here. It’s out of order.
I also don’t care if she’s staying in your town and ‘everyone knows what everyone is doing’ so therefore you think she’s doxing herself, it’s literally against tattle rules to expose influencers locations or the addresses they’re staying at. It’s the sort of thing that gets threads banned.

• Heart
Reactions: 56

paulpercy666

Chatty Member
Okay I'm done trusting people.
That other person made it sound like she had committed suicide. 😧
Everyone is anxiousssssss, that doesn't mean you're struggling with your mental health, that's normal. 😣
Thank u very much for the video!!!❤

Thanksss.😆 Some people love to exaggerate. I should have read your comments 1st...
sorry this is a strange comment. whether you are sceptical about ruby’s anxiety or not, anxiety disorders are a mental health condition that people can and do suffer from; and in turn, anxiety can definitely affect your mental health. mental health issues are not restricted to suicidal thoughts :/

• Heart
Reactions: 55

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Her entire holiday has been profoundly dull so far, so I've taken the liberty of making the whole disastrous affair a dash more exciting for her and commemorating the trip so far in movie form:

jurassic_park_ver1_xxlg_1992x copy.png

latest (27) copy.png

p8733908_p_.png

8133ii4g-EL._RI_ copy.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51

Ilaariaa

VIP Member
I don't think it's fair to scoff at Ruby's supposed mental health struggles and deny that she is struggling because we simply have no way of knowing. We're not in her head, we don't know her thoughts, all we see is what she chooses to post online. So personally I don't feel comfortable laughing at her about that because I know how much it hurts when people don't take you seriously when you're being honest about your mental state.
Furthermore anxiety can be a real struggle and an actual diagnosable disorder that can be extremely debilitating. People should not have to reach the point where they're actually harming themselves or making attempts for their struggles to be taken seriously.

• Heart
Reactions: 50

gossip_guy

VIP Member
OK... I'm personally blaming you for the surgery I'll be requiring for my LMAO induced busted gut !!
Have you considered booking a post-surgery trip to New York? I hear Ruby's having a fabulous time and it's a wonderful place to reetrarrge by yourself.

81mHI6ZJvcL._AC_SL1500_ copy.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 48

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Can someone tell me in which video she said she's struggling with her mental health? Please? 🙇
Her mental health is apparently fine, it's her "mantle halth" she's struggling with.

Since her house has like 72 living rooms, each in a worse state than the last, that's a lot of mantles, so this is clearly a serious problem.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47

CatCafe234

VIP Member
Maybe another undergrad prog? I think she'd be happy doing that. I think she'd find some reason why it is important she studies at that level & not at post-grad level, i.e "It's to give me the chance to experience life in America as well as study" At the same time viewing and applying does not mean acceptance. Oxford *cough cough*
I can see Ruby travelling all the way to America to hand in a handwritten application to Harvard, complete with washi tape, sealing wax and a decorative dead fly.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Is she just going to spend the entire 3 week trip to Boston standing in the park?

I'll eagerly await the upcoming videos:

"my morning boston park routine || very productive"
"Pre-Christmas in the Boston park || automminal & cosy"
"come to boston public gardens with me and read robert frost up a tree"
"why boston parks might not be the Best Time Of Your Life"
"Boston Public Gardens Are Stopping Us From Learning"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Untit80980l657566567876ed.jpg

"OIY'M JANUINELY VARRY, VARRY PWOOR."

Get the fuck outta here with this bullshit, Ruby. You live in a mansion and own your own cottage. Your channel is an endless stream of sponsorships and undeclared ads, for which you are paid and received huge amounts of expensive free stuff (which you often resell for profit on Depop). You live rent free with your tax-dodging parents. You're on a £4,000+ holiday - your third overseas holiday this year. Don't act like you're too impoverished to buy dinner at a restaurant.

She's the worst.

Ilaariaa

VIP Member
Stop calling it a hotel. It is a tiny B&B in the heart of Concord, in the center, within walking distance of the majority of sights. It has 6 rooms in it. People around here will recognize it on sight due to the wallpaper and white bedspreads. If she had shown a picture of a room at the Wayside Inn in Sudbury I would have known that too, and probably the room number because I've stayed there numerous times myself and there are only 10 rooms in the original inn where you can stay. Want a taste of Gilmore Girls? Put aside your romantic visions. This is a small town, small and intimate community, everyone knows each other, everyone knows what everyone is doing. We don't go into stores with a look of awe. Our friends work in them, they own them. This isn't Boston or New York City or London. We have 10's of thousands of "literary" tourists every year. We know exactly where they stay, where they eat, what they will do, where they will shop. She doxes herself.
Even tho Concord is a small town, you don't know who reads this thread and in fact the vast majority of people who read this thread are not locals to Concord precisely because it's a small town. So basically you've told a lot of people (who otherwise would be none the wiser about Ruby's location) where she can be found at the moment, down to the name of the hotel. That's not okay and is against Tattle rules.
And the fact that it's a small town is irrelevant. So if Ruby was staying in New York and I recognized the hotel because it's the same hotel where I stayed years ago does that make it okay for me to tell everyone where she is staying and would she be "doxxing herself" in that case too just by posting videos where her background is visible, because someone might recognize it?
Ruby is careless with safety measures and privacy but at the same time we should not be putting her even more at risk by naming the place where she is staying and drawing attention to details that may disclose her location. I don't like Ruby but I don't want her to get hurt either.

• Heart

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Untit7864546678699085675789466yiuyiu678874645677987#8045675656567544354598768675675665756756led.jpg

Ety7FNoWQAwjZzB copy.png

Untit7864546678699085675789466yiuyiu678874645677987#804578678675656567544354598768675675665756...jpg

"I could hear a strange, muffled whirring sound coming from underground, as though someone were spinning in their grave."

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 39

teflonpanda

Chatty Member
I think we should all breathe a collective sigh of relief that she didn't ask ''what kind of squirrel is this?''

Or, ''look at this raven I found in the garden!'' #gifted by Edgar Allan Poe.
Ruby Granger #34: Quoth the sparrow, "Waterstones"

(Also the fact that she's constantly advertising a company called "Bird and Blend" makes this whole bird thing even more hilarious to me...)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Ruby: "Hallo, moiy nyame's Ryoobee and oiy hyope tyoo bee ayy wroytah someday..."

Also Ruby:

mqdefault.jpg

What Ruby means to say is: "Oiy hyope tyoo gat ayy HYOOOJ book deal from a MAJOR POBLISHA and gat LYOTS AND LYOTS OF MONEE fwore VARRY LITTLE WAHRK."

Same energy:

frankensteinmonster.gif

After lurching around "AMMILLY DICKINSUN'S BADRYOOM" in her too-large clomping school shoes, her arms bolted to her sides like she's expecting a bear to crash through the window and maul her if she makes any sudden moves, a fake smile on her face the whole time, she starts yammering about how emotional an experience this was.

"HONNASTLEEE, oiy cwould feel this TANGIBLE PRASSANCE when oiy whwalked in."

Whenever Ruby says "HONNASTLEE", "JANUINELY", "OIY PROMISE YOO" or "OIY'M NOT LOIYING WHAN OIY SAY...", it's a given that she's lying. And if that weren't enough...

Untit80980l6575665685867475645645678765756756678775675668776ed.jpg

While she's claiming that she "HONASTLEEE" had a "STRWONG", "INTANNSE" emotional experience walking into AMMILLY DICKINSUN'S room, she breaks out the poker tell one-eyed squint she does whenever she's making shit up.

97b2f9e5939af8347e790599772aec89c5dd1a7e&rid=giphy.gif

Then she follows it up by showing herself awkwardly standing around, with a look of "...and now what?" bored bewilderment on her face, like she's wondering what she's supposed to be doing or why she's even there. Such an "INTANNSE ACKSPERIENCE"!

And then she starts heavily implying that the ghost of AMMILLY DICKINSUN possessed her and she acted as a spiritual conduit for AMMILLY'S writing...

"OIY rilly wanted to DYOO the koiynds of wroiting that AMMILLY DICKINSUN was myost...PARTIAL TYOO? Which is OFFCWOARSE pyoetry AND LATTERS. Syo oiy started off boiy wroiting somm pyoetreeee... and...OIY WAS acksually RILLY SUPPROISED boiy WHAT OIY WRYOTE! It anded up being VARRY MOCH in the DICKENSUN STOIYLE...syo oiy used DASHES and FRAGMENTS and HWALF-ROIYMES...oiy alsyo found moiysalf slipping intyo a koind of...semi-hymnic rhythm, which is wot...she tanded to yoose?"

Untit80980l65756656858674756456456787657567566787756890566575668776ed.jpg

Ruby interrupts herself and put on her sceptic hat for a second for an artificially sped-up, manic ramble:

"I think mwost loikelee this is becoss oiy--KAPT ON THINKING--of--SPECIFICKLOINESFROMPOETRYAMRECOITINGTHOSE--to moisalf? It'sprobablynotthatsupproising."

She says "most likely", leaving the door open for other, more ghostly explanations, when she knows exactly why she wrote what she wrote.

In reality, Ruby intentionally went in there to write like Emily Dickinson, because all she does is try to emulate other writers and books since she has no passion, talent or interest in writing of her own. She did not spiritually channel the ghost of Emily Dickinson, nor was this an emotional, magical bit of universal wonderment. It was Ruby faking an interest in shit again and playing make-believe.

She spent the whole session bored and distracted, with more time spent staring into space or angrily glaring at the camera than anything else:

Untit80980l657566568586747564564567876575675667877567566575668776ed.jpg

Untit80980l6575665685867475645645678809809876809095756756678890807756890566575668776ed.jpg

Untit80980l65756656858674756456456788098098768090957567566788908900807756890566575668776ed.jpg

She also included footage of herself aggressively wiping her nose on her hand, then proceeding to touch stuff in Emily Dickinson's room:

Untit80980l6575665685867475645645678765756756678890807756890566575668776ed.jpg

BOHT SHE'S SOCH A JARMAPHYOBE!

This is why you should be paying attention in editing, Ruby.

Ruby announces she's going to read us some of this ripped-off poetry, "even though it's nyot varry gud".

Now that should've been the title for this video, Ruby: "I wrote a poem and it's not very good." In fact, just name them all that if you insist on shoving bad poems about the weather and seagulls in everything.

"How moch, oiy wondah--
of a myoment is creeyated?
Crawwfted from grawwfts and imprashuns--
sonlit revisions?
the schoolyard bell--
sat down
with pancil byookays
and yallow wahlpyaper
told to WROITE--
to craft--and create a moment
from fyigments and filaments
BARNT BLACK as Titania's hahr.
Told to cryeate a myoment
to capcha it farmly
"TARN OSS FROM DOST INTO AHHR"
to breathe loife intyo graphoite
and back agann."

Ruby writes some meandering drivel about being frustratedly forced to write in a school setting when she gets the opportunity to write in Emily Dickenson's bedroom, because that definitely helps make it look like she enjoyed herself... The irony of her apparently lamenting how much of life's moments are crafted when she travelled across the world to put on an unconvincing performance on a fake "pilgrimage" based on a completely fabricated love of writing and reading is seemingly lost on her.

Untit80980l6575665685867475645645678809809876809095767887567566788908900807756890566575668776ed.jpg

She shows another poem and it's just more stilted, repetitive crap about the weather right in front of her. Big shocker.

She rambles about "LATTER-WROYTING ATTI-KET" for a while. She says how AMMILY wouldn't worry about etiquette when writing and would just write naturally and include whatever errors happened.

Then Ruby decides she's not going to just strip away all her Victorian nonsense and write a letter some someone like a normal human being. Instead going to intentionally going to rip up some already torn scrap paper to write a letter on.

Untit80980l65756656858674756456456788097688780987680909576788756756678890890080775689056657566...jpg

Instead of just writing what she wants on the paper she has, like Emily would have, Ruby intentionally creates some weird, fake process of bullshittery. She describes this as freeing because "it eliminyates PERFACKSIONISM" and "the need fahr it tyo bee PAARFACT" (a problem that Ruby has never actually had, considering everything she does is utterly incompetent and full of lazy errors). It doesn't seem freeing or natural. It's just another fake, adopted affectation.

Untit80980l65756656858674756456456788097688780987668878090957678875675667889089008077568905665...jpg

Same energy:

Whistlers-Mother.jpg

Untit80980l65756656850807756890566575668776ed.jpg

She shows herself scribbling more forced poetry. She insists on using outdated language like "o'er" to try to directly associate herself with and rip off dead poets rather than just writing for herself and writing naturally.

But this is what happens when you have no interest in writing, no talent for it and no passion for it: You just copy other people who've been successful in the past, hoping that'll be a shortcut to the success they had.

She rambles some more about how profound the AMMILLY DICKINSUN WROYTING ACKSPERIENCE was, and claims that being in AMMILLY'S BADRYOOM supercharged her senses and situational awareness.

"Oiy found moiysalf being hoiper-attantive and hoiper-awaahr of the thingsaround me? ...It was loiyke moiy SANSES...wahhr...in...YOHVERDROIVE...and...umm...YAH, it was rilly qwool."

Untit80980l65756656850807756890566575668776ed copy.png

Yeah, that checks out...

She caps it off by mangling a few lines from an AMMILLY DICKINSUN poem in her fake Emma Watson accent and then offering up the writing tips she learned.

1. WROYTE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NOIGHT OR WHAN IT'S SOYLENT.
2. WROYTE ON A VARRY SMALL DASK WHAHHR THAHRR IS NYO CLOTTA.
3. WROYTE WHAAR YOU CAN SEE THE NATURAL WAHHRLD.
4. HANG UP PITCHERS OF YORE FAVOURITE AWWTHORS TYO INSPOIRE YOO.
5. WROYTE ON SCRAPS OF PAPAH AND AWLMYOST DEFACE THE PAPAH BEFWORE YOO WROYTE ON IT.

Ruby suggests writing on scrap paper and screwing it up before using it to "eliminate perfectionism". It's utter, superficial nonsense. Writing on bits of scrap paper won't be too helpful if you're writing anything but a shopping list. If you want to eliminate perfectionism, don't worry about how the paper looks, worry about what you're focusing on with your actual writing. Maybe don't write on actual paper and instead use a laptop where you can edit easier and more conveniently. You don't need to see greenery and hedge mazes at all times in order to write.

It's almost complete nonsense, and even more sign that Ruby had no interest in writing and doesn't approach it from a standpoint of enjoying it and finding a method that actually works for her. It's just another fake interest where she keeps adopting performative traits that aren't universally helpful or conducive to it.

• Haha
  • Heart

gossip_guy

VIP Member
jesus I feel real secondhand embarrassment reading her reply. It's so obvious she's clueless, her knowledge or understanding of Dickinson is probably so superficial 💀
It got worse.

Untitled69676456407675675=0-59.jpg

Ruby: "It's not an ad, JANUINELY! I just want to spread the love and awareness of Ammily Dickensun!"
Commenter: "Cool! Can you make us aware of what you love about her?"
Ruby: "No. It's a secret."
Commenter: "Wait, what?"
Ruby: "I can't talk about it online. It's not the right place."
Commenter: "But...this is the comments section of a video you uploaded to talk about Emily Dickinson, and you're an online influencer - that's the exact right place!"
Ruby: "It's not the right medium."
Commenter: "Wait, I thought you were a life-long lover of academia and an aspiring writer? How is the written word not the right medium to talk about your favourite writer?!"
Ruby: "Mummy, someone's bullying me again!"

• Haha
  • Wow

ammie

Ruby calling J. R. R. Tolkien J. R. Tolkien and then saying he studied at Cambridge when he studied at Oxford...you have your iMac right there with notes on your poem recommendations but couldn't even get that right 😭 the disrespect

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 37

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Untit7864546678698567578946led.jpg

"Hallo it's Ryoobee and tyoday oiy'm gyowing tyoo bee showing yoo how tyoo ryomantisoize autumn and wintah."

Ahh, yes, that wonderful, romanticised autumnal crack den ambience! Nothing encapsulates the spirit of October quite like needing a tetanus shot because you got impaled on a rusty spring from the dilapidated drug shanty in your back yard.

"Thahr are repwortedly issues with ryomantisoizing your life," Ruby says, like there's some obscure scientific study about it.

Ruby, it's common fucking sense for anyone with a trace of empathy who's dipped a toe in the real world to see why it's problematic for you to be telling people to romanticise everything, especially now.

There's a massive amount of people in the UK who will struggle to heat their homes this winter thanks to the Tory government you and your wealthy, tax-dodging family voted for. In the UK and farther afield this winter, many will lose their homes. Many will struggle to feed their families. Many people won't survive the winter. Nobody wants to hear some rich, spoiled, sheltered fuckwit who lives in a mansion with mummy and daddy and has never worked a day in their life telling everyone else how they should romanticise the cold months. Read the fucking room, you absolute cretin.

"My life is easier to romanticise because I'm surrounded by trees. I work for myself, so I can run outside suddenly in the rain if I want to."

Good lord, she's completely unmoored from reality.

No, Ruby, you do not work for yourself. "Work" implies effort. Shitting out three shoddily-edited incompetent compilations of lies, undeclared ads and recycled footage a month is not work. Being near trees and wanting to run out in the rain is not the reason why people have issues with you saying people should romanticise their lives.

If you have to start a video with 12 disclaimers to say why the video you're introducing is really not problematic at all because you say so, you really shouldn't be making the video.

Two minutes in and, yet again, it's already full of ads, fucked up editing errors, rehashed b-roll and dogs barking over the audio because she was too fucking lazy to record a second take. This is "work" apparently. I can't sit through this one. God, what a piece of shit.

• Haha
  • Heart

DanBanks

To be honest I don't think it's as emotionally significant to an American as it is to a European who doesn't even remember it like Ruby
I wouldn't expect the 9/11 memorial and museum to be tops on any tourist's list. I am a native New Yorker and I've never been in the museum myself. I lived through the day and don't need to relive it. I never even set foot in the memorial garden until my company moved their offices to that neighborhood. The garden and fountains are actually quite lovely, but they unfortunately seemed to attract a lot of MAGA types.

I've definitely found that 9/11 has very little resonance for people who are too young to remember it (or who weren't even born yet), unless they have some kind of personal, family connection to the event. I can totally understand that. The assassination of JFK was utterly enormous for my parents' generation, but really meant nothing to mine. To kids born after 1999 or so, 9/11 is just a thing in history that happened. And I agree, it's not as significant to someone who isn't American. Ruby gets a pass on this one.