Ruby Granger #33 Goes on a boat, dresses like Captain Birdseye

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Um, is this not a sparrow aka one of the most common birds in the world? You're welcome, Ruby.

View attachment 1715698
Ruby: "Oiy LOVE NAYCHUR and OIY LOVE REESAARCH and oiy LYOVE BOOKS ANY LOIBARRIES and oiy'm AWHLWHEYS REESAARCHING NEW THINGS just fore moiysalf."
Also Ruby: "Oiy don't know of annie whey tyoo oiydantifoiy common barrds."

Just bleeping Google it, Ruby, or read a child's book on birds, it's not rocket science.

She spends all her time staring out her window and that's one of the most common birds in England, there's no way she's never seen them before.

I love how she's always trying to claim she's a scholarly genius and a master researcher and just outs herself as a fraud and a simple-minded moron at every turn.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
This is what happens when you never leave your nursery. Suddenly you realize that there are things outside which are breathing and living. Glad that she knew that it was at least a bird.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I think we should all breathe a collective sigh of relief that she didn't ask ''what kind of squirrel is this?''

Or, ''look at this raven I found in the garden!'' #gifted by Edgar Allan Poe.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Ruby: "Oiy LOVE NAYCHUR and OIY LOVE REESAARCH and oiy LYOVE BOOKS ANY LOIBARRIES and oiy'm AWHLWHEYS REESAARCHING NEW THINGS just fore moiysalf."
Also Ruby: "Oiy don't know of annie whey tyoo oiydantifoiy common barrds."

Just bleeping Google it, Ruby, or read a child's book on birds, it's not rocket science.

She spends all her time staring out her window and that's one of the most common birds in England, there's no way she's never seen them before.

I love how she's always trying to claim she's a scholarly genius and a master researcher and just outs herself as a fraud and a simple-minded moron at every turn.
The only reason she leaves the house is to go on walks near her parents' house in the countryside and she has never seen a sparrow before?

Reactions: 14
The only reason she leaves the house is to go on walks near her parents' house in the countryside and she has never seen a sparrow before?
I'm suddenly remembering the time she had a "casual magic" manic episode while out on a walk and started rambling like a lunatic about how the lack of berries on the blackberry bushes must've meant that a local family came to pick them all for Christmas sandwiches or something. It didn't occur to her that wildlife ate berries, so maybe she is just discovering that birds exist.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
Um, is this not a sparrow aka one of the most common birds in the world? You're welcome, Ruby.

View attachment 1715698
yeah looks like a sparrow. But not all birds are the same in every country and in the US are different birds than in UK or other countries.
The last two and a half years I got more and more interested in the local birds here in Germany (thanks pandemic :ROFLMAO:) and there are even different kind of crows depending on where you live in Germany.
But if you live in the countryside like Ruby does, aren't you more knowledgeable about what kind of animals live around you? Her parents have a "library", I'm sure there are some books about birds. My parents have some books and if I wanted to know something as a child, I could just grab a book and look it up. With the internet, it's even easier. You can use your smartphone!

(I just had a thought: what if Ruby saw a European Red Squirrel? Would she wonder what this little fella was and ask her followers?)

This is what happens when you never leave your nursery. Suddenly you realize that there are things outside which are breathing and living. Glad that she knew that it was at least a bird.
now, who tells her that birds are basically dinosaurs?

Reactions: 6
I have a theory. Ruby doesn't notice the local wildlife because she reads while she walks. Not only that, when she does look away from her book it's always when she's lying flat on the forest floor staring at the clouds. I'm surprised she hasn't wandered into a pile of manure or tripped over a cow or something.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Re the sparrow photo - this is such a bizarre post, I am torn between thinking that either she really is having a mental health crisis or this is an example of her dissimulating on her social media to engage with her much younger followers. There is no way that a middle class well educated 20 plus woman who lives in the country genuinely can't identify a sparrow.

Reactions: 15
Re the sparrow photo - this is such a bizarre post, I am torn between thinking that either she really is having a mental health crisis or this is an example of her dissimulating on her social media to engage with her much younger followers. There is no way that a middle class well educated 20 plus woman who lives in the country genuinely can't identify a sparrow.
Or if you can't identify it by name (as in you don't know that it's called a sparrow) at least you aren't so bewildered by this common creature that you need to make a post about it lmao. Like I'm sure most of us have seen this kind of bird millions of times before and wouldn't think anything of it

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Or if you can't identify it by name (as in you don't know that it's called a sparrow) at least you aren't so bewildered by this common creature that you need to make a post about it lmao. Like I'm sure most of us have seen this kind of bird millions of times before and wouldn't think anything of it
and it's not like a sparrow looks very exotic or I don't know ... like a parakeet (and even parakeets are common now in different European cities)

Reactions: 4
I think we should all breathe a collective sigh of relief that she didn't ask ''what kind of squirrel is this?''

Or, ''look at this raven I found in the garden!'' #gifted by Edgar Allan Poe.
Ruby Granger #34: Quoth the sparrow, "Waterstones"

(Also the fact that she's constantly advertising a company called "Bird and Blend" makes this whole bird thing even more hilarious to me...)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I don't know birds at all, but even I looked at that bird and thought "looks like it might be a sparrow". It's painful to see but I guess the more things she does like this, the more she'll (hopefully) grow out of her bewildered little bubble.

Reactions: 4
I am glad that I have sung gospel my first 20 years. Due to the song His eye is on the sparrow I know what a sparrow is :ROFLMAO:
Its a little bit unpheasant and hawkward with her background can't properly write, read and is not able to identify one of the most common animals on this planet.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’m not a big Dickenson fan but doesn’t she reference sparrows a few times in her poems? I would have thought Ruby would have known what a sparrow was from that, given she is a Dickenson superfan.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.