Ruby Granger #33 Goes on a boat, dresses like Captain Birdseye

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
lolol she’s deleted the entire thread about her mispronunciation 😂😂😂 Ruby, you’re an idiot, and there’s a fact of life you can’t sweep under the rug.

View attachment 1741054
If they hate smartypants why are they watching Ruby and being her hardcore fans?????

Why on earth does she say it was "*very* strange"? She had a scheduled appointment with a fashion showroom and the staff selected outfits for her to try on before she came in. That is not even a little bit strange! That is just how by-appointment showrooms work! Not to mention, she literally just did this with Miss Patina!

I know, I know...she has to say stuff like that to make it sound like these events are wonderful serendipity that she just magically tumbles into, and not the result of proactive, for-profit planning. Personally, I think it would be way more interesting to learn how she really goes about setting up these partnerships, instead of trying to make her life seem sprinkled with fairy dust and lovely people who find her so charming they can't resist giving her freebies.

Do you think she actually arranges any of this herself? Or does her mother play manager and do all the logistical stuff while Ruby just shows up and twirls in free clothes? What is the role of her management company? Do they set up this stuff? I find it so hard to believe that Ruby has a head for any sort of planning or relationship-building.
I remember that when she did the photoshoot for her planer she also describe it as strange. I think she wants to sound a mix of humble "why would they want *my* photo taken?" and not like other girls "I don't care about fashion I just want to be my bookish self". As you said, it would be more interesting to see how she works with the brand's but no, she always makes her content boring.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Ruby "the environment is JANUINELY so, so important to me" Granger does it again and collaborates with a brand selling overpriced clothes made from plastic. Shipped in only 5-10 days directly from China to your doorstep.

Reactions: 9
Do you think she'll wear her brown suit with the brown shoes? Triple brown. 😬

Reactions: 7
Just curious. She showed all the things she did in NYC, but did she not go to the 9/11 memorial? I mean...I can't even imagine going to NYC without making that one of my first stops out of respect for everyone who died that day. For someone who supposedly is so into the Holocaust, orphanages, wanting to make the world a better place and be a better person, how can you skip this over?
To be honest I don't think it's as emotionally significant to an American as it is to a European who doesn't even remember it like Ruby

Reactions: 19
To be honest I don't think it's as emotionally significant to an American as it is to a European who doesn't even remember it like Ruby
I wouldn't expect the 9/11 memorial and museum to be tops on any tourist's list. I am a native New Yorker and I've never been in the museum myself. I lived through the day and don't need to relive it. I never even set foot in the memorial garden until my company moved their offices to that neighborhood. The garden and fountains are actually quite lovely, but they unfortunately seemed to attract a lot of MAGA types.

I've definitely found that 9/11 has very little resonance for people who are too young to remember it (or who weren't even born yet), unless they have some kind of personal, family connection to the event. I can totally understand that. The assassination of JFK was utterly enormous for my parents' generation, but really meant nothing to mine. To kids born after 1999 or so, 9/11 is just a thing in history that happened. And I agree, it's not as significant to someone who isn't American. Ruby gets a pass on this one.

Reactions: 37
Just curious. She showed all the things she did in NYC, but did she not go to the 9/11 memorial? I mean...I can't even imagine going to NYC without making that one of my first stops out of respect for everyone who died that day. For someone who supposedly is so into the Holocaust, orphanages, wanting to make the world a better place and be a better person, how can you skip this over?
tbf if she went and she posted a photo/made a (doubtless insensitive, cringy) post, we'd all slate her for (and rightly so) so yknow maybe it's for the best. Like, it pisses me off when people post selfies with e.g. the Berlin Holocaust memorial as they so often do and I think she'd find it hard to post about the 9/11 memorial without coming across poorly

Reactions: 24
tbf if she went and she posted a photo/made a (doubtless insensitive, cringy) post, we'd all slate her for (and rightly so) so yknow maybe it's for the best. Like, it pisses me off when people post selfies with e.g. the Berlin Holocaust memorial as they so often do and I think she'd find it hard to post about the 9/11 memorial without coming across poorly
Second this point. I don't trust Ruby to handle it sensitively enough.

Reactions: 15
I read somewhere that the person who created to Holocaust memorial in Berlin doesn't mind that people use the site for selfies. But that doesn't mean that you should do selfies there. I would never do such a thing, but maybe that's an age-thing. I think it's not respectful disrespectful (that's he word I wanted to use) to do selfies at any memorial. Especially selfies with happy faces etc. Some people even pose at the concentration camp sites.

Reactions: 8
Do you think she actually arranges any of this herself? Or does her mother play manager and do all the logistical stuff while Ruby just shows up and twirls in free clothes? What is the role of her management company? Do they set up this stuff? I find it so hard to believe that Ruby has a head for any sort of planning or relationship-building.
A lot of it will be Ruby, but there's almost no work required from her beyond sending emails highlighting her follower numbers and social media reach and asking if they'd be interested in a short social media partnership.

Half of her brand deals are arranged by her management team, with things like the BBC iPlayer, NordVPAnne, Netflix sponsorships, etc, they're regular brand partnerships that Sixteenth have which they have all their "talent" take part in.

Eve Cornwell and Holly Gabrielle wave all the same snack bars around as well, and all the same sponsorships pop up with all the Sixteenth influencers (and they're all follow the same tactic of hardly ever declaring them, so Sixteenth are clearly giving the nod to just be dishonest and skirt the rules). Ruby likely just gets sent a schedule of brands she needs to plug in a given month and in what form.

With things like the Ammily Dickinsun Museum, she likely arranged it herself, but I don't think it was complicated or hard, and there was very little planning involved. She's had nothing but time to draft emails with brand deal enquiries since she does nothing else with her time, and her manager likely helps plan her general brand schedule.

She would've just reached out via their volunteering email address, leveraged her following and fanbase and said, "Hallo, it's Ryoobee and oiy will be cyomming tyoo AMMARICKA syoon and would VARRY MOCH lyove tyoo wahhrk with you whoile oiy'm thaaahr. I have SYO SYO MANNY followers which could bring a lyot of awahhhrnass tyo the museum and AMILLY DICKINSUN is moiy MYOST FAVOURITE WROYTAH AVVAH (boht please dyon't ask me whoiy because it's VARRY PARRSONAL and this is nyot the roight toiyme or mediom). Oiy could even GHAST PYOST on yore syocial media!"

Her follower numbers did the heavy lifting for her. The museum likely saw an influencer with a large follower count, took her fake quaint and bookish persona at face value, and saw it as a decent PR opportunity for the cost of a couple of free tours when the museum was closed to visitors anyway.

With places like Mispah TEENAH or BARD 'N' BLAND, she will have had a longstanding marketing contact at each company whose ass she's been kissing for years and buying goodwill with by posting undeclared ads for them, so she already had an in to ask about vanity brand deals.

She'll no doubt paint it all as tireless work and entrepreneurial girlboss planning, but in reality it's almost certainly just been nothing more than a few query emails sent during her year of doing duck all.

Reactions: 13
I was too, until she revealed that her aunt and cousin(s) were on the other side of the trip, waiting for her. So NYC was not a solo trip. This also makes me wonder if she has family in the Boston area, but just isn't mentioning it. Not that she stayed with them, but that they were there in case anything happened, and someone to keep in close touch with. She keeps a lot hidden, is underhanded and a compulsive liar. She has proved that more in this trip than any other time, except for the whole charity situation. Regardless, she probably had babysitters most of the time, so I won't high five her in regards to taking bold and brave adventures.
I wouldn't be surprised at all because this whole trip is basically a giant ad. The fact that she had two ad scandals (emily dickinson & now simply retro) while on her ad trip is nauseating.

Reactions: 7
"I had no choice! They insisted! I couldn't refuse! I was unable to overpower them when they forced these clothes upon me and bullied me into wearing them! ...and then they made me keep them!"

Sounds like a big pile of bullshit to me. She's advertised the brand before, surely she should've already been well aware of the brand and their ethics before she agreed to promote their products to begin with? Why was she trying things on for a reel if she was just there to learn about the company and not advertise them? Why does every single brand she talks about have to be one she accepted free tit from?

There's no way she simply wanted to learn more about the brand's ethics and went there for that; ethics aren't a thing she cares about and she's very happy to endorse and advertise Miss Patina despite them being dodgy as duck.

Guaranteed, she met them to discuss more brand opportunities because she wanted another Miss Patina to milk for free clothes and this got her foot further in the door. Now she's just trying her best to wriggle out of admitting she ran another undeclared ad, because she thinks it'll look less suspect when she starts declaring them her favourite clothing brand in ongoing undeclared ads.

Reactions: 19
lolol she’s deleted the entire thread about her mispronunciation 😂😂😂 Ruby, you’re an idiot, and there’s a fact of life you can’t sweep under the rug.

View attachment 1741054
The last comment I'm creasing. If you were drawing your last breath Ruby would jump over your dying body unless you were holding a few quids in your hand for her to grab, but go off girl 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Her methods of incessantly selling something without declaring it are illegal, unethical, and very very annoying.

Reactions: 14
and again the clothes are just polyester and stuff like this. I just looked the jumper with the embroidered collar up: 30% Polyester, 28% Acrylic, 22% Modal, 20% Nylon. Too expensive for these materials. If the'd use eco-friendlier yarn or fabric, I'd pay 65€. But I rather try and knit it myself.
why does she only advertise brands that sell clothes from plastic fabric? There have to be other brands that are a better choice!

Reactions: 14
I'm a bit late to the discussion but you don't need a tourist visa to travel to the US as a tourist for three weeks. You need a tourist visa only if you are planning to stay for more than 3 months. So they probably asked her at the airport what she was going to do and she said "holiday trip" or " visiting a friend" and that was that.

Reactions: 2
I'm a bit late to the discussion but you don't need a tourist visa to travel to the US as a tourist for three weeks. You need a tourist visa only if you are planning to stay for more than 3 months. So they probably asked her at the airport what she was going to do and she said "holiday trip" or " visiting a friend" and that was that.
She said in a couple of her videos before her trip that she'd applied for a visa and it had been approved, but didn't specify what kind of visa.

Of course, 90% of what she says is lies, so who knows.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.