Ruby Granger #33 Goes on a boat, dresses like Captain Birdseye

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she thinks she’s being ”artistic” - if this is a new phase, I predict it’ll be hilarious and cringey and disturbing, and everything in between 😂
It's already those three things. Have you seen her latest YouTube video with the Halloween (sorry, 'Hallowe'en') poetry reading? I know we've said Ruby needs to find more independence, but I was on the verge of calling her parents to pick her up from that Boston park. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
ruby answered on tiktok this question and stated she went alone. so why she is speaking in we form - i don't know

Reactions: 8
So her week of working with the AMMILY DICKINSON Museum on their social media amounted to:

2 Instagram posts.
3 TikToks (2 of which were reuploads of aforementioned Instagram posts).

God, she's beyond lazy.

Reactions: 14
So her week of working with the AMMILY DICKINSON Museum on their social media amounted to:

2 Instagram posts.
3 TikToks (2 of which were reuploads of aforementioned Instagram posts).

God, she's beyond lazy.
Especially considering she spend almost the whole of the week holed up in her hotel room. What was she doing in between all that time? Hours long calls with mummy and daddy, I presume?

Reactions: 10
I'm sorry that my posts are so vile as of late but I've seriously lost it with this girl

how is something bookish? is she in the middle of her moldy tea tasting ceremony and think "welp now's the time I go and take a bookish tit!" she cosplays the idea that she has of herself which is built upon loneliness and the internet

1667582143818.png

what is this? what is she trying to achieve with this?

"A Bookish Week in my Life in Boston"

I guess we'll finally 'see' what she did all that time.

Reactions: 4
She seemed like she was having a manic episode on that deserted beach, I must say it was pretty uncomfortable to watch.

Reactions: 11
I have to say: respect for travelling alone. I would never ever do that. Especially to another continent.
but why is she whispering at the beginning?

I think the first second is the first time we see the real ruby: scared, full of anxiety, so close to crying due to her anxiety, at the peak of her mental illness. this and the beach scene: both very uncomfortable to watch

• Sad
Reactions: 15
I couldn't watch the whole thing. too cringe and fabricated. she tried so hard to make it look like a movie.
@gossip_guy would you take one for the team?

Reactions: 5
the beach scene was pure madness. jumping half nacked in the ocean. and she couldn't put herself togehter b/c the beach was soo beautiful and the best she had ever seen. sand,fog, water. you could barley see something. it was only water. ruby was not impressed of the museum, the trees or the bookshops, nope - it was the best day for her to be on a place which could be easily in the uk. it was only sand and water.
and you couldnt here andything due to the wind.

Reactions: 1
So she just visited book shops, went to chain coffee shops, visited one (1) museum, and went to the beach (in winter)? Surely the same could have been achieved by going to Blackpool, no?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Such a weird vlog of Boston. She didn't even go to the Museum of Fine Arts? Not to Harvard Coop or Longfellow's Home in Cambridge? That place is amazing! They are right there, in her area, and she completely missed some of the best literary places in Boston! Instead she went to Ipswich and Crane's beach because that is where they filmed the latest version of Little Women? omg Calling Ipswich quaint is a first for me. Crane's Estate has lovely grounds, we have attended weddings there, but I can't imagine being there on a rainy autumn day. What a waste of being in Boston for a week! She didn't even do the Freedom Trail to get history of the area. Such a fail of trip, imo. Next vlog will be nothing but her oooing and aaahing over Emily Dickinson. She was afraid of the fog on the beach. lmao Girl.....welcome to New England. Are there no beaches in England, nor fog? She seemed in awe of sand and sea, in spite of living on an island all her life. I honestly don't get it. She seems to be doing everything in her power to avoid human contact. Everything. Not a single meet-up while in Boston. That must make her faithful viewers feel real special.

Reactions: 9
I think the first second is the first time we see the real ruby: scared, full of anxiety, so close to crying due to her anxiety, at the peak of her mental illness. this and the beach scene: both very uncomfortable to watch
I thought she did really well - travelling alone is hard and it looks like she achieved loads and went to all kinds of places. Makes sense that she wasn’t posting lots too as she would have to hold some content back for later in the week

I could see signs of anxiety there that I think are natural for someone with a MH issue going abroad especially on their own, but I hope she gets help and is able to find who she is and find joy and comfort in that. She is so young in the grand scheme of life that she has loads of time to figure it out.

I suppose the problem with influencer culture - especially study tube being orientated around academic perfection and intelligence and success - is that all the unpolished and unpalatable bits are hidden. I hope Ruby realises that it’s ok not to be ok and that she doesn’t have to cultivate an ideal of perfection all the time. I’m not sure if helps if her commenters are always reinforcing that by telling her how enviable her life is and how they wish they could be like her - it can’t be the most liberating thing to be held to an ideal all the time or to watch and try to aim for it , but that goes for all of us, how many celebrities are honest about their lives and how many of us are honest on social media is a whole other ethical question

Reactions: 9
The Boston vlog is very strange. It really seems to be all about aesthetics. To say there aren't many literary sites in Boston is just cringe from a literature graduate. She reads a tatty copy of Little Women (and - hilariously - says the post B and B where she is staying puts her in mind of Jo's boarding house in New York - I bet the B and B props are thrilled to hear that) but doesn't go near Louisa May Alcott's house. The public library and the John F Kennedy library are famed. No trip round Beacon Hill - Henry James, Thoreau, Robert Frost and many less well known lived here. There is also a famous hotel, whose name escapes me, which was home to a great literary club and where Dickens stayed and read publicly on his American tours. She doesn't seem to have visited the Isabella Gardner Museum or gone anywhere at night in one of America's most cultured cities. Boston is probably one of the best places for live classical music.

Reactions: 16
"I arrived in the Bwoston Back Bay to a SOPPLE mist of rain."

tumblr_inline_mt0ay3z7wT1qz4rgp.gif

Oh goodie, more try-hard performative purple prose narration nonsense, and another terrible poem about the weather:

"The AIR ovah the lyake was DAMP.
DAMP in the way of RYOSE PATALS and GRWASS.
DRONK with DEW and GLISTENING.

THAAHR IS WHARTUH INSOIDE THE RYOSE
EPHEMERALLY - THRYOO THE SKIN - its EPITHELIAL PEEL AND PEELING ETHELIAL.
It MYOOVES WITH YOO, the GLIMMER OF DEW
BOHT IS OTHAWOISE STILL."

p11671_p_v8_ad copy.png

All criticism aside: Good for her for doing this by herself. For someone as sheltered and overly dependent on her parents as she is, that's a big step and it clearly wasn't easy. Doing that took guts, and she has every reason to be proud she's stuck it out.

All criticism not aside: Choosing a trip completely centred around her fake interests and fabricated bookworm poet persona wasn't a good idea, and I don't think it'll help her at all in the long run.

This is just another poorly-made and edited video of her doing all the same fake bullshit she did at home. I couldn't even make it through the whole thing.

She gorps at things with fake wonder and whimsy.

She stares at screens pretending to be productive.

She goes to a café (at Harvard, no less) just to wave a book around and pretend to read in public.

She wanders used bookshops despite no interest in books, and naturally doesn't buy anything.

She goes to a beach just to twirl and frolic like a child and read poetry excerpts for the camera. She chose to visit the beach because it was a filming location for Greta Gerwig's Little Women - a film she doesn't appear to have watched in full, based on a book she undoubtedly never read.

She does her performative poverty act and complains how expensive things are when she's swimming in ill-gotten cash. She wasted £4000+ on this trip, but apparently second-hand books were prohibitively pricy.

She complains that she had to spend $17 on a book she's blatantly never going to read (Candide by Voltaire), yet she intentionally chose to buy a the most expensive, brand new copy should could because she thought the cover was nice instead of actually looking in the used bookstores for a copy with actual history to it for a fraction of the price.

She based an entire trip on trying to capture moments that she saw on Pinterest boards. None of it's real, and she looks panicked and miserable the whole time, barely hiding it with fake grimaces and faker narration.

If she'd gone somewhere she actually wanted to go and done things she actually enjoyed, that might've spurred her on to do break out of her fake personality and be an actual human being for a change. Instead she 3 weeks of continuing to be someone she's not and pretending to love things she clearly has no interest in.

She seems no happier doing this tit on another continent, and I'm sure she'll attribute that lack of enjoyment to being away from home, tick being away from mummy off on her "BOCKET LIST" and never try it again.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
She complains that she had to spend $17 on a book she's blatantly never going to read (Candide by Voltaire), yet she intentionally chose to buy a the most expensive, brand new copy should could because she thought the cover was nice instead of actually looking in the used bookstores for a copy with actual history to it for a fraction of the price.
I am pretty sure you can find Candide for free or for very cheap in ebook/PDF form considering it's no longer covered by copyright, but that wouldn't be assthatic so we can't have that

Reactions: 11
Guys, idk if any of you have seen that Netlix show The Watcher but the lady with braids Pearl Winslow is exactly how i imagine Ruby 40 years from now, like talking about history and trees and all, sorry for being kinda offtopic

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Untit80980l657566567876ed.jpg

"OIY'M JANUINELY VARRY, VARRY PWOOR."

Get the duck outta here with this bullshit, Ruby. You live in a mansion and own your own cottage. Your channel is an endless stream of sponsorships and undeclared ads, for which you are paid and received huge amounts of expensive free stuff (which you often resell for profit on Depop). You live rent free with your tax-dodging parents. You're on a £4,000+ holiday - your third overseas holiday this year. Don't act like you're too impoverished to buy dinner at a restaurant.

She's the worst.

Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.