Ruby Granger #33 Goes on a boat, dresses like Captain Birdseye

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Untit7864546678698567578946led.jpg

"Hallo it's Ryoobee and tyoday oiy'm gyowing tyoo bee showing yoo how tyoo ryomantisoize autumn and wintah."

Ahh, yes, that wonderful, romanticised autumnal crack den ambience! Nothing encapsulates the spirit of October quite like needing a tetanus shot because you got impaled on a rusty spring from the dilapidated drug shanty in your back yard.

"Thahr are repwortedly issues with ryomantisoizing your life," Ruby says, like there's some obscure scientific study about it.

Ruby, it's common bleeping sense for anyone with a trace of empathy who's dipped a toe in the real world to see why it's problematic for you to be telling people to romanticise everything, especially now.

There's a massive amount of people in the UK who will struggle to heat their homes this winter thanks to the Tory government you and your wealthy, tax-dodging family voted for. In the UK and farther afield this winter, many will lose their homes. Many will struggle to feed their families. Many people won't survive the winter. Nobody wants to hear some rich, spoiled, sheltered fuckwit who lives in a mansion with mummy and daddy and has never worked a day in their life telling everyone else how they should romanticise the cold months. Read the bleeping room, you absolute cretin.

"My life is easier to romanticise because I'm surrounded by trees. I work for myself, so I can run outside suddenly in the rain if I want to."

Good lord, she's completely unmoored from reality.

No, Ruby, you do not work for yourself. "Work" implies effort. Shitting out three shoddily-edited incompetent compilations of lies, undeclared ads and recycled footage a month is not work. Being near trees and wanting to run out in the rain is not the reason why people have issues with you saying people should romanticise their lives.

If you have to start a video with 12 disclaimers to say why the video you're introducing is really not problematic at all because you say so, you really shouldn't be making the video.

Two minutes in and, yet again, it's already full of ads, fucked up editing errors, rehashed b-roll and dogs barking over the audio because she was too bleeping lazy to record a second take. This is "work" apparently. I can't sit through this one. God, what a piece of tit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
"This video is sponsored by Simple Retro."

Untit786454667869856757894656756led.jpg

"Simple Reyro."

And this is work, in Ruby's eyes. Just endless incompetence and errors because she's too lazy and can't be bothered to give anything a second glance or put any degree of effort into anything at all.

Reactions: 30
I could swear I saw a comment to the effect of "yes, nothing wrong with romanticizing the cold during a heating crisis" under the video ten seconds ago and it has already been removed lol

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I don't understand what romanticising means ... I've seen it in a lot of video titles but what exactly does that mean? does it mean to celebrate your life? I googled the term but I'm not much wiser now. It's basically only for rich, privileged people. I found an article that gives 44 ways to romanticise life and most of the things can only be done by people who have money.

Reactions: 8
I don't understand what romanticising means ... I've seen it in a lot of video titles but what exactly does that mean? does it mean to celebrate your life? I googled the term but I'm not much wiser now. It's basically only for rich, privileged people. I found an article that gives 44 ways to romanticise life and most of the things can only be done by people who have money.
Romanticising something used to mean you were deeply misguided about something essentially negative - e.g. romanticising poverty, romanticising an0rexia, whatever. But now it’s apparently come to mean 💫✨being the main character✨💫 in your own life, for people who can afford to spend time ”creating a narrative” about themselves when the truth is, they have nothing going on.

Reactions: 23
That's basically all it's for. It's predominantly a rich influencer thing - an extension of all their self-absorbed "main character energy" bullshit.

There's merit in being grateful for what you have, and then there's acting like every single moment in your life is a magical scene from a movie that you're starring in, which is what Ruby does. Only rich people with no responsibilities can afford to spend their waking hours living in a childish fantasy.

And it also clearly doesn't work for Ruby: She looks completely miserable every moment she's twirling in fields and running around her garden with a painted-on grimace.

Reactions: 22
ok this new video is the most ridiculous and awkward thing i have EVER watched in my life. like what? she stands in the rain with an expensive camera?! also the dog barking in the background lol she could have refilmed those or edited it out.. i swear she is truly losing the plot now

Reactions: 20
Ruby calling J. R. R. Tolkien J. R. Tolkien and then saying he studied at Cambridge when he studied at Oxford...you have your iMac right there with notes on your poem recommendations but couldn't even get that right 😭 the disrespect

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 37
Rather than romanticising your own life this looks more like those moments where you're in the depths of despair staring into the void and contemplating how everything is meaningless and the world is just a dark pit of ugliness and you have no future

View attachment 1688502
Someone else spotted Ruby in Boston it seems
I wish Maddie mentioned if Ruby was alone 😝

ok this new video is the most ridiculous and awkward thing i have EVER watched in my life.
Honestly I have to say what is Ruby's new video about because most of the time I had absolutely no idea what she was talking about and the video was so boring that I had to skip various parts. I honestly have nothing else to add as the video was full of recycled footage that we have already seen before and it just felt so uninspiring.

Reactions: 10
Rather than romanticising your own life this looks more like those moments where you're in the depths of despair staring into the void and contemplating how everything is meaningless and the world is just a dark pit of ugliness and you have no future

View attachment 1688502
Someone else spotted Ruby in Boston it seems
that would make so much sense. brattle is right off the common, which she seems so impressed with? it's not even pretty right now? it's famous for skating in the winter and swan boats in the spring. this is the gross in-between season for Boston common.

also, if this video ever comes out, watch rubes have gone to all the great little independent bookstores downtown and filmed without stating the name of the business or location

Reactions: 3
All her new content is just capitalizing off corporate and marketing buzz words used to sell products branded around the current trend of "aesthetics" like dark academia, cottage core, etc. The word "romanticize" is just another way to appeal to the careful internet curation of an image of contentment and idealism that comes from shaping the space around you to be more comfortable in the midst of an uncomfortable world. Notice how it's mostly privileged influencers employing these techniques to sell stuff like library tea and "vintage" clothing that can help you achieve that idealized version of your life.
Even the thumbnail has the word "AD" in it. It really cements the connection between consumption and living a "simple" like Ruby. The thing that's dangerous about Ruby is that her whole "bookish schoolgirl living in the countryside" is all an act used to sell stuff. But her audience eats it up (or drinks it up, literally). In reality, her lifestyle is centered around fast fashion, following trends, and upholding an image of whiteness through her devotion to private institutions, classic literature, and images of childhood untainted by human suffering.
Influencers become insufferable because in order to keep living their own "romanticized" narratives and living in a bubble, they have to sell you something and look away from other people's struggles. I think deep down they know that it's all a scam.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Just had a wee look at the comments section of her new video. A few critical ones which of course immediately got all her rabid fans to come out in her defence.

Reactions: 10
Ruby isn't hurting anyone guys! Everyone is just a big mean bully!! /s
(From her most recent tiktok)
Screenshot_20221030-011303.png

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Ruby calling J. R. R. Tolkien J. R. Tolkien and then saying he studied at Cambridge when he studied at Oxford...you have your iMac right there with notes on your poem recommendations but couldn't even get that right 😭 the disrespect
I'm getting flashbacks to the time she called Oscar Wilde an English writer.

@AssAssMents laughing at your name! :LOL:

Just wanted to see Makka Pakka in his witchy hat
1667093196950.png

• Heart
Reactions: 14
A5A325D2-21C6-4475-A3A8-2FDDF77F258C.jpeg

Her fake freckles are back again…

14ED0BDD-440A-42D1-A081-5D431230E44D.jpeg
It fits her though…

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
The word "romanticize" is just another way to appeal to the careful internet curation of an image of contentment and idealism that comes from shaping the space around you to be more comfortable in the midst of an uncomfortable world. Notice how it's mostly privileged influencers employing these techniques...
Influencers become insufferable because in order to keep living their own "romanticized" narratives and living in a bubble, they have to sell you something and look away from other people's struggles. I think deep down they know that it's all a scam.
I mean she already has a huge home, her parents, family, "friends", stable income, where she can just do the bare minimum and earn money just by showcasing her privileged every day life and walking/sitting around her home and all the free time, where she has minimum responsibilities and she can travel wherever and whenever she feels to (and drag her parents around). This is her life right now. It already sounds romanticized, why does she have to emphasize that she still tries to romanticize her already privileged life?! I just don't get it... I have a classmate from high school, and she's almost the same as Ruby (except she doesn't have an income and is almost 25 with no work experience or degree, but she lives with her parents) and I'm also annoyed by her that she can sit home and she also makes content for IG, where she showcases her privileged life and if someone doesn't know her in real life, they could easily think that she has a perfect life and feel insecure about themselves. She and Ruby are very similar in a lot of aspects.

Reactions: 12
This might be out of the box, but I wonder if maybe she’s keeping everything quiet because she had a scare with a follower? Like maybe someone found her in Boston or back at her home and now she realizes that she has this huge following that can find her and maybe she’s uncomfortable with it? Because if I was her with her following I wouldn’t be posting minute by minute where I was.

It could also just be because she’s embarrassed that she’s not alone though lol

Maybe her parents don't want it out that they aren't home and that the house is empty 🤔 they do say u shouldn't post on social media that Ur on holiday until after u have returned home to prevent some one breaking into Ur home.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.