Ruby Granger #33 Goes on a boat, dresses like Captain Birdseye

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The irony is that Ruby doesn't even need to romanticize her life...it's already a fairy tale. Wealthy family, palatial home, beautiful countryside all around, lavish vacations, and no responsibilities at all. I feel this way about so many of these influencers -- they've all got plenty of good tit going on in their lives. It's losers like me who need to make a big deal out of a bleeping cup of tea or the color of the leaves to get through the day.
That's very true. What really pisses me off is this fake privilege awareness that Ruby and many other influencers have. It's just fake modesty which they use for even more bragging.

Reactions: 21
If she has gone to Boston on her own (which I'm still unconvinced by) then fair play to her as that's a monumental step for her if she's managed to navigate airports, travelling, accommodation, finances and everything, but looking at her content, it has to be the most underwhelming trip I've seen.

I went to Boston only a few months ago and barely remember the Public Gardens as being anything of note. The fact she hasn't done the Freedom Trail, tried some of the amazing food, walked around the North End, Quincy Market or even popped over to Cambridge and visited Harvard's grounds (especially as it seems so Ruby to put Harvard content on her socials) is absolutely baffling. Lost how she can turn a great trip and opportunity into something seemingly drab.

Reactions: 14
I went to Boston only a few months ago and barely remember the Public Gardens as being anything of note. The fact she hasn't done the Freedom Trail, tried some of the amazing food, walked around the North End, Quincy Market or even popped over to Cambridge and visited Harvard's grounds (especially as it seems so Ruby to put Harvard content on her socials) is absolutely baffling. Lost how she can turn a great trip and opportunity into something seemingly drab.
Someone here mentioned that a lot of attractions in Boston are either closed right now or require pre-registration. I wonder if Ruby's finding it hard to visit the places she wanted to see.

''October's echoes'' 😬 😬 That laboured metaphor about the scaled piano keys is also terrible. She's trying to say something profound but failing.

''quite simply, a melody is just so well-crafted that it needs to be heard again. In a similar way, I ended up revisiting places...''

That's not the same thing at all. Nope nope and nope.

Ruby, you are not a song. Your holiday is not a piece of music. I have listened to the same song three times in a row without paying extra money. I have this melody for an unlimited time. Your Boston trip is finite and probably expensive. You are wasting time and money if you only go to the same park every day. 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I couldn't tell if she was in a hotel room or a dorm from that TikTok so I sleuthed (not too hard) and it turns out she's chosen a hotel that looks like a dorm. It's about £1000 a week to stay there.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Oh man the thread titles just writes themselves don't they xD I mean - "Ruby Granger #34: Tried to drink these spaces" is already a perfect thread title even without adding anything to it. I bow before the genius of Ruby Granger, A Writer.

Also let me get this straight - she's been in Boston for multiple days (weeks?) and has visited all manner of different places and attractions, but the only pictures she shared were of that one park? Like, why?? So either she didn't film in any of the other locations she visited (which is super weird, because vlogging is literally her job and she did that on all her other vacations this year). Or she didn't actually visit them and is lying about it to her audience, in which case why lie about that?? So unnecessary.
I'd imagine she's lying because she was so desperate to prove everyone wrong when they said she wouldn't go alone, now she's trying desperately to show that she's alone and thriving and seeing all that Boston has to offer, when she's clearly shared shitless and too afraid to venture more than a couple of blocks from her hotel. She's likely spent most of the trip in her room facetiming mummy.

Now that people have started mentioning that she's been there a week and has only seen her hotel room/B&B, Boston Public Garden and a street next to the park, she's trying to address that as well. "OH, HWHAT WONNDARS OIY HYAVE GYAZED UPWON. SYIMPLY ACKSQUISITE. LOIKE THE RHOYMING STROCKCHA IN A PYOEM, EACH PLACE OIY SWAW WAS LOIKE A STANZA THAT NEEDED TYO BE REPEATED OVER AND OVER. RAPPITISHON IS POETRY AND POETRY IS ACKSPERIENCE. OIY WODDN'T CHYANGE A THANG ABOUT MOIY HYOLIDYAY."

It's a shame we'll have to wait months for a vlog, if we ever get one. I can't wait to see how she tries to spin this disastrous waste of time and money into a grand, globetrotting literary adventure.

Lol. Imagine if she is there to tour the campus? But I don't see how she would get into a Harvard graduate program without any published academic work or extracurriculars relating to her program of choice. Ivy Leagues want students who go above and beyond. I knew a few people in my undergrad who got into ivies who spent most of their undergrad doing an honors thesis in a research position and then getting their work published in academic journals. They also had internships and worked with their communities and formed professional connections. It's not just about your grades.
Does anyone know if any of Ruby's work was published?
Maybe another undergrad prog? I think she'd be happy doing that. I think she'd find some reason why it is important she studies at that level & not at post-grad level, i.e "It's to give me the chance to experience life in America as well as study" At the same time viewing and applying does not mean acceptance. Oxford *cough cough*

Reactions: 2
Maybe another undergrad prog? I think she'd be happy doing that. I think she'd find some reason why it is important she studies at that level & not at post-grad level, i.e "It's to give me the chance to experience life in America as well as study" At the same time viewing and applying does not mean acceptance. Oxford *cough cough*
I can see Ruby travelling all the way to America to hand in a handwritten application to Harvard, complete with washi tape, sealing wax and a decorative dead fly.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I couldn't tell if she was in a hotel room or a dorm from that TikTok so I sleuthed (not too hard) and it turns out she's chosen a hotel that looks like a dorm. It's about £1000 a week to stay there.
It seems she really doesn't want to grow up does it? Not to body shame but I wonder if that has something to do with her current look (frame & weight included). She is taking on the frame of an 11 year old. I don't like the feeling I have she is disingenuous but I seriously think there is cause for concern when it comes to her weight. She is looking emaciated. If her parents aren't concerned I believe should be. I am beginning to wonder if they are concerned- hence Mama Bones little notes?

I can see Ruby travelling all the way to America to hand in a handwritten application to Harvard, complete with washi tape, sealing wax and a decorative dead fly.
Sadly, yes. A spritz of her favourite tea to let it stand out from the rest

Reactions: 6
Ruby really should be more careful about safety. It's not good that people can just find out where she's staying just by googling. There are lots of creeps out there and you can never be too careful as a young woman travelling or living alone.

Reactions: 20
Ruby really should be more careful about safety. It's not good that people can just find out where she's staying just by googling. There are lots of creeps out there and you can never be too careful as a young woman travelling or living alone.
Especially when she keeps showing what park she keeps frequenting. To be honest if I were her I would pre-record stories and take photos and then post them once I have left the area.

Reactions: 21
Especially when she keeps showing what park she keeps frequenting. To be honest if I were her I would pre-record stories and take photos and then post them once I have left the area.
Yeah, she's spent the whole trip showing herself in the same 3 locations close to each other over and over - park, bookshop, front door of house, complete with house number. She's too dumb to function.

Reactions: 19
What an exciting journey for Frederick the Fly! All those years stuck on Roobee's windowsill! He finally achieved literacy and beat Ruby in her quest to enter a prestigious university. Now he'll be the first fly to study at Harvard while poor Roobs will go home to sit by the window. How the tables have turned.

(Or maybe she'll just present Harvard admissions office with a candle. Seems like the sort of thing Ruby would class as a random 'act of kindness'.)

Yeah, she's spent the whole trip showing herself in the same 3 locations close to each other over and over - park, bookshop, front door of house, complete with house number. She's too dumb to function.
That's definitely worth the £3000 she'll be spending on accommodation.

It's a shame we'll have to wait months for a vlog, if we ever get one.
Did we ever get a Greece vlog?

• Haha
Did we ever get a Greece vlog?
Nope, just a 2 minute TikTok 'Day in My Life' video full of the usual fabricated accomplishments and busywork nonsense she fills her vlogs with.

"Oiy swam THARRTY LANGTHS of the pwool."
"I gwot moiysalf som BRACKFSST. I ate this boiy reesarrching the diffrunt addjookayshun models?" (This is an actual thing that Ruby said.)
"Oiy rad the nyoows!"
"Oiy rad The Syeecrat History!"
"Oiy reesaarched all the things!"
"Oiy wryote an assay!"
"Oiy did som yoga in the rain!"
"Oiy whahnt swimming syom mwoar!"
"Oiy wryote a novel!"
"I rad another bock!"

She seems to have just spent the entire Greece holiday cooped up in the house they were staying at pretending to be VARRY PRODOCKTIVE, so there was nothing more to show.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
So.. Ruby went to Greece. What did we see all day long? The Pool.
Ruby went to Boston. What do we see all day? The Park.

I mean.

Reactions: 16
To be honest, that is a fairly decent price to stay for a week in Boston. She could have lived it up and gone to a posh hotel which would have easily cost triple the price. It looks like she is staying in a rundown Brownstone, to "drink in" all those New England preppy school vibes. There are pros and cons to it and I would not be surprised if it is some kind of B&B setup, rather than being waited on, hand and foot, with a simple call down to concierge. Now we can listen to her describe the ghastly, haunted atmosphere of Boston on Halloween. I'm sure she won't bother with the rise in crime and vandalism that soars every October 31st. We need to "romanticize" the smashed windows, assaults, rapes and shootings.

I know it is still the afternoon in Boston but it is obvious that she hasn't done anything today because she hasn't posted anything about what she has done and where she has been, in fact the only thing that she posted is an AD that is commemorating Italy's Belt campaign when she isn't even in Italy. This trip honestly feels like a complete waste of time as she is doing nothing that is exciting and ended up revisiting places for a second time because she didn't do her full research for this trip and didn't realise that the places she wanted to visit were either closed or required pre-registration.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.