Ruby Granger #33 Goes on a boat, dresses like Captain Birdseye

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What's funny is "BBC iplayer" sounds like an outdated video player from the 2000s that you would watch on Windows XP🙃 It doesn't sound appealing at all.
makes me think of when i was a young teen in the 2010s and netflix wasn't yet a proper thing 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I still think the main problem is that she has lost her school day identity of being “gifted” (I still struggle to comprehend this), and pretended to be so many different things that she now has absolutely no idea who she is, what she believes in or how to “do” life.
I actually think that Ruby has only been a gifted child in her own imagination and in the eyes of her biased family. Some teachers may be easy to impress, but most will notice when a student's comments just don't make any sense. And the other kids will notice too.
When I went to school, there was this girl who always had to raise her hand and say something which she understood only to an extremely superficial extent, it was really embarrassing. Everyone disliked her. Even to the students who struggled most at school it was crystal clear that she was just trying to seem smart, but there was no actual understanding going on.

Reactions: 21
It is easy to think that you are a gifted child when you are on a private school. I bet a lot of teachers don't dare to critize a child when daddy works in politics or was sponsoring the summer party.

Reactions: 18
The question is, why does she have to pretend to be a Master's student when she could actually be a Master's student? There is no reason for her not to go back to school...except for the fact that she probably didn't enjoy university. But I'm sure there's some situation where she could take relatively easy courses and get back into the student persona that she misses so much without actually having to work that hard. I think that would do her more good than anything. I can't see her ever holding a real job. It's academia forever or a lifetime of this aimless floundering and trips with her parents.
I'm honestly going on a limb here and think that she didn't really do well on her diss & her final grades were mid-tier overall. I know she posted her results but it's super easy to hit inspect element and fudge stuff for your viewers.
I also know that master's programs in the UK are only one year so she probably doesn't see it as worth it if she can only get a year's worth of content out of it. I know she def won't be going to America for school, but I honestly think Ruby would benefit from a flex program where they have some courses online and some courses in person. These are designed for working people ofc so she wouldn't have to venture out of the Abode too often.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
She’s in NYC (this is from her stories yesterday), but who’s taking the photos? Does anyone except Mummy Granger deserve this very genuine-looking smile?

View attachment 1733004
Looks like Mummy and Daddy Bones drove to the Lake District and Scotland last week as well. How many holidays does this family need to take?

Also, it's Anti-Bullying Week once more and the clock's ticking for Ruby to get a video uploaded before it's over.

What vague and unbelievable tales of school trauma and terrible advice will she come up with this year? Will she finally hand over all the ad revenue she pledged to charity in previous years and undoubtedly never delivered? Or did she abandon her fake "anti-bullying advocate" persona when she became a full-time "tea enthusiast"?

Reactions: 15
She couldn't even make it one full sentence without jarring edits and sped-up gibberish. "HALLO IT'S RYOOBE--[EDIT]--ANDTYODAYOIY'MGYOWINGTYO BLAHBLAHBLAH..."

She mispronounces half the dictionary again. "Guess" becomes "GAS". "Recharge" becomes "Ree-trarrged" somehow.

She lies her ass off again. "Oiy love to carl opp with a blanket, a bohk, a mog of tea, maybe sommthing to eat and josst sit thaar for a copple of hours and read. It's fonny because oiy often feel guilty for dyoing sommthing loike this, sommthing boiy moiysalf."

"Oiy feel loike society - we think of syocial activities as being a koind of ACKSAPTABULL fworm of lashzhah activity whaahr it dossn't matter if yore being prodocktive? Whaahrass as syoon as yore spanding toiyme boiy yoresalf it tarns intyo you being "lyazy"--"misshoozing yore toiyme". Oiy think that's quoyte an intrassting distinctshon. Hosstle colchah koind of convinces oss that it'syokay to spand toiyme doing SYOSHAL things for lashzhah BOHT NOT YOHKYAY tyo dyo things boiy yoresalf."
OK... I'm personally blaming you for the surgery I'll be requiring for my LMAO induced busted gut !!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
OK... I'm personally blaming you for the surgery I'll be requiring for my LMAO induced busted gut !!
Have you considered booking a post-surgery trip to New York? I hear Ruby's having a fabulous time and it's a wonderful place to reetrarrge by yourself.

81mHI6ZJvcL._AC_SL1500_ copy.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
J K Rowling is entitled to her beliefs. Just as I am to mine.
Sure everyone is allowed an opinion.
I guess the problem a lot of people have with J K Rowling is that she uses her wealth and fame to try to influence actual political decisions that can have serious consequences for some very vulnerable people.
That's not the same thing as simply having an opinion like everyone else.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Sure everyone is allowed an opinion.
I guess the problem a lot of people have with J K Rowling is that she uses her wealth and fame to try to influence actual political decisions that can have serious consequences for some very vulnerable people.
That's not the same thing as simply having an opinion like everyone else.
Well, not to derail the thread into a gender discussion but tbf it depends who you think are the vulnerable people tbf 🤷‍♀️.
I don’t agree with JK Rowlings stance on everything but I definitely agree with her that biological males with penises have absolutely no place in a women's changing room around vulnerable women and children. I have no issue with trans people but at the end of the day, I personally think self ID is a dangerous policy as it essentially gives any biological man access to women's only spaces and can so easily be abused by perverts and n0nces.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
guys! I handed in my master's thesis today! Now I have time to watch aaaaaall of Ruby's videos and to follow her instructions from her last video. Maybe I could cosplay as Amy Pond or Clara Oswald (I like their style). My husband could be the Doctor. 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Have you considered booking a post-surgery trip to New York? I hear Ruby's having a fabulous time and it's a wonderful place to reetrarrge by yourself.

View attachment 1734337
This is the best one yet. It's Mummy and Daddy Bones that make it a masterpiece.

I hope she has more fun in NYC than she seemed to have in Boston. There's no shortage of things to do but I don't know what she might consider "bookish" if she's sticking to that sort-of theme. At least go to the glorious reading room at the main Public Library (which also has an excellent holiday market and skating rink right behind it, in Bryant Park). We're having crap weather at the moment, alas. Looking forward to the inevitable half-assed video!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Why would the BBC choose to sponsor Ruby? I thought there were strict rules on their advertising. The idea that they are doling out licence fee money to lazy YouTubers - especially for such a lame ass video - is rather annoying to me. There must be many genuine young creatives who need money to develop their talent or who would benefit from an organisation like the BBC sponsoring coaching or development opportunities as a better use of taxpayer money. I wouldn't even mind if they offered her some training in how to edit or develop content rather than just pay her to put out this kind of cr*p.
Hi! Long time lurker here. Just wanted to jump in to say that this wouldn't be coming out of licence fee money - the BBC has a commercial arm that would be taking care of campaigns like this and that part of the company makes money from the parts of the BBC that run ads - so eg the World News Channel which runs advertisements - which they in turn use for marketing campaigns like this one. I still agree that it's a weird sponsorship for her and the video was totally subpar, but since I have first-hand knowledge of working at the BBC I just wanted to jump in here to clarify that we as taxpayers aren't funding this kind of video!

Reactions: 11
Is this just a result of the camera angle..or? Rubes looks like she's been vertically stretched 💀
Screenshot_20221116-191611.png

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Hi! Long time lurker here. Just wanted to jump in to say that this wouldn't be coming out of licence fee money - the BBC has a commercial arm that would be taking care of campaigns like this and that part of the company makes money from the parts of the BBC that run ads - so eg the World News Channel which runs advertisements - which they in turn use for marketing campaigns like this one. I still agree that it's a weird sponsorship for her and the video was totally subpar, but since I have first-hand knowledge of working at the BBC I just wanted to jump in here to clarify that we as taxpayers aren't funding this kind of video!
Tbf the TV license isn’t even funded by tax either, it’s an optional payment which you can easily get away with not paying for even if you do watch TV. I’ve never paid mine in my life

Reactions: 3
I watched 30 seconds of her latest video and came away with two thoughts:
a) why is there a jumpcut after 'hello, it's Ruby'? She's been doing this for years, surely she can easily rattle off a video introduction without needing to splice different parts together?
b) why on earth are the BBC sponsoring her? I doubt any of Ruby's audience aren't already aware of the existence of BBC iPlayer

Reactions: 8
guys! I handed in my master's thesis today! Now I have time to watch aaaaaall of Ruby's videos and to follow her instructions from her last video. Maybe I could cosplay as Amy Pond or Clara Oswald (I like their style). My husband could be the Doctor. 😆
you have a husband and think you're an introvert? nope you must always be by yourself and do everything alone- unless mummy and daddy are free of course

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Ruby's latest Instagram post was an attempt to get her followers to vote for Dakota Warren on Goodreads.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.