Ruby Granger #33 Goes on a boat, dresses like Captain Birdseye

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The dumpster is about to well and truly lit 😂😂😂
To elaborate: She really hasn't thought this through at all. It's a meaningless gesture even if she does actually do it, and she'll never be able to prove she actually followed through with it in the first place. There's bound to be backlash.

edit:

3519E140-8CE8-4469-8DF8-9FFA1CB1E753.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
What the hell is she playing at? This is extremely strange behaviour.

Such a bad idea, you have no idea who is on the other side of the screen and what's to say they won't contact her again? "Hi Ruby đŸ„ș I know you gave me ÂŁ100 a few months ago, but I now have ÂŁ5 in my account đŸ„ș and the twins need new shoes đŸ„ș."

• Haha
Reactions: 26
To elaborate: She really hasn't thought this through at all. It's a meaningless gesture even if she does actually do it, and she'll never be able to prove she actually followed through with it in the first place. There's bound to be backlash.
There will most definitely be backlash. Is she going to say how and why people were chosen? I can see that ending really well 

Also, if your mental health isn’t great, reading through eleventy-billion heart-wrenching emails (a good number of which will not be true) is really not a sensible thing to do. She could come home and get a list of what’s needed by a local Food Bank, do a massive shop for them and help lots of people that way. It would still look good for her and she wouldn’t have to interact so directly with her fans.

I did read this and wonder if her IG account has been hacked as it’s just so odd.

Reactions: 20
View attachment 1711632

Now she is sending random people money? What the actual duck?
Absolutely bizarre idea and quite patronising, actually. How exactly will she judge whether or not someone is deserving? Seeing as she is in such a privileged position, giving her time to local projects (food banks, debt charities, community kitchens) would be so much more valuable. It would also give her something to show for this year...

Reactions: 23
I really think that the only reason she started this 100 pounds thing is because Boston does have a sizable amount of homeless people. She stayed in a really expensive / posh area (Beacon Hill) and right next to it is Chinatown/Downtown Crossing (a very low income area / lots of homeless shelters) so I wouldn’t be surprised if she was caught ajar since it’s very in your face & can be really upsetting to see tbh.

I also think giving 100 pounds out is absolutely bizarre and stupid though and even though she didn’t try to make it come off as a flex
it came out as a flex

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
This probably sounds v mean but I was just reflecting on Rubes time at Uni. I can't help feeling that, whilst for many students covid was an awful time, for Rubes it was godsend. She could 'legitimately' live back at Bones Manor and attend lectures, tutorials etc from the confines of her childhood bedroom. The other thing (might also sound mean) is I can't help feeling her trip to Boston is to legitimise her gap year to any future employer or education establishment. I think ma & pa bones maybe put it to her that she had to have something more substantial to put on her CV than sat-drinking-tea-in-my-childhood-candlelit-bedroom-whilst-meaninglessly-annotating-book-I-haven't-actually-read-thoroughly. IMO she has wasted her gap year and I suspect any future employer or university ekll be wise to this. I acknowledge she has created a YT channel with a substantial following but I don't see any change or growth in her personality over time. In fact, if anything she has regressed. Said it could sound mean. Sorry - not sorry.

Reactions: 19
Once again rather than DONATING TO CHARITY and people who know what they're doing, she appoints herself the decider of peoples' fates. I'm sure it's meant well but for duck's sake her carelessness and naivety is dangerous.

Reactions: 29
Once again rather than DONATING TO CHARITY and people who know what they're doing, she appoints herself the decider of peoples' fates. I'm sure it's meant well but for duck's sake her carelessness and naivety is dangerous.
There are so many charities here in Boston (greater boston food pantry, saint francis’ house, etc) that she could have donated to and it honestly makes me really annoyed. I think she thought they wouldn’t take her money because again its like UK pounds or w/e (idk how foreign money transfers work) but it just is really really off putting to see her be like “WHO WANTS $100!!” like it’s the Oprah Winfrey show.

Reactions: 15
Absolutely bizarre idea and quite patronising, actually. How exactly will she judge whether or not someone is deserving? Seeing as she is in such a privileged position, giving her time to local projects (food banks, debt charities, community kitchens) would be so much more valuable. It would also give her something to show for this year...
Yes, this. Very frustrating to see some bratty, spoiled, rich girl from the UK suddenly decide she will judge who is worthy or not of a charitable donation. She makes me so sick. The area she is now in, Concord, is very wealthy. Wealthier than her and her family. The people around here don't have to rent a wing in someone else's home. They own mansion, huge ones, with gorgeous acres of lovely grounds. Her rented place can't hold a candle to the homes in this area. They went to boarding schools and Ivy League colleges. There are loads of doctors, lawyers, scientists, famous musicians and much more. And humbly, without announcing it on social media, they give generously to numerous charities, throughout the year and especially larger donations at the holiday season, which is now going into full swing. Even those who struggle from day to day, who know the worth of receiving a donation, give generously, give back because they have amazing hearts. For her it is just another aesthetic, cosplay, boost to get more followers and compliments. She must feel miserable about herself to constantly need strangers to verify her lifestyle. What a waste of a human being. I swear if I saw her in the streets today I would want to slap her face.

Reactions: 12
If you were coming from a place of integrity and truly wanting to help those in need, you wouldn’t need to make sure that all your worshippers could see just how “generous” and “kind” and humble” you are. You’d just get on with and donate money and time. It’s like the whole “I bought a coffee for a homeless person” - why the need to tell people if it were purely about buying a hot drink for someone? I frequently pay it forward in cafes, buy for the food banks etc but no one knows that except the food banks and recipients of having their meal/drinks paid for. Well, now you all know but I don’t need or want any “reward”. I do it because I’m fortunate enough to be able to and I want to help, meaningfully. This stunt just reeks of her stupidity, and increasing need for everyone to view her as some kind of thoughtful angel. Yet every part of her life contradicts this false persona.

Reactions: 27
View attachment 1711632

Now she is sending random people money? What the actual duck?
She's not gonna send tit to anyone. And if she does then she's a naive idiot basically begging to get scammed.
What's wrong with charities? Just donate 500 pounds to a charity of your choice if you feel like being generous. She's just doing this to look good to her followers.

Reactions: 16
Ffs donate it to a charity, not random people messaging you on the internet?
This is exactly what she should so, but I think she knows at this point that nobody believes a word she says when it comes to donating to charity and exactly what kind of reaction she'll get. She's played her fake hand too many times and knows her reputation.

Unfortunately, we've also seen before with her notorious 'penpal selection contest' exactly how Ruby selects people for these kind of things: She'll pick the people most like her (if she even sends any money at all, which given her history of scam giveaways is highly doubtful).

Call me cynical, but it feels extremely coincidental that this comes immediately after Ruby getting called out for her "Romanticise AVVERYTHING, you proles!" video and then her performative poverty of claiming a $17 books is too expensive and pretending she couldn't afford to dine out on her on her 4th overseas holiday of the year.

Ruby only does charitable things when there's a chance for her to get and keep money, or there's something in it for her. The only exception was the Ukraine fundraiser, and it's no coincidence that she had to be dragged kicking and screaming by her management to take part, did the bare miniumum, looked like a miserable spoilt child who didn't get her way the whole time and had to mention that the money would be going direct to charity via YouTube and she wouldn't be seeing it. She knows her reputation. Now she's trying to buy her way out of criticism and pay for good will. She'd also undoubtedly claim tax relief for the money on her tax returns to save herself money and only end up paying for a fraction of that ÂŁ500.

Reminder: Ruby still has yet to show any proof that she actually donated the money for all the charities she pledged to donate ad revenue to. There's been no proof that the Holocaust Memorial Day money was returned in full, and Ruby refused to show any. In my eyes, she still owes money to numerous charities. She should start by clearing the slate there before pulling any more dodgy, self-serving stunts.

Reactions: 15
can't she just give the money to a charity? that way she doesn't have to chose who gets the money. She could even put a link to the charity on her stories so that others may contribute, too. Or she could donate her clothes! (and all those snack bars and teas she gets for free). There are so many ways to help others which don't involve giving random people money by choosing who the most fitting person is.
sadly, I can't see her donating anything to anyone.

Reactions: 14
She is a horrible person. I have no doubt in my mind that she is just lying through her teeth and she's not gonna send money to anyone in the end. This is too idiotic to be true. She can't possibly believe that the way to go about this is to choose whoever among her followers manages to send her the saddest sob story and just basically trust their word on it without checking anything. She is not being genuine.
It's clear she knows there's a chance people are just gonna scam her if she goes through with it. So why do this? Why not donate to a charity that you know will use your money well? There are probably a million local food banks, animal shelters, homeless shelters etc. near her home that are always in need of donations, either pecuniary or in items that they need. You can even brag about it afterwards if that's what you're after, it's tasteless but whatever. As long as you donate who cares what your motives are.
She's doing this weird, convoluted, nonsensical thing because she knows she'll never be held accountable for it because how could she? It's not like she's gonna name the people that she sent the money to or show their PayPal info or whatever. This is the Pumpkin Productivity giveaway scam all over again, except now it's a million times worse, because she's using real tragedies of people living in poverty and in need, and mocking them by pretending to care and to be willing to do something about it, just to look good on Instagram.

Reactions: 18
It’s literally just to make herself look good. 500 is duck all to her, so she couldn’t give a duck who it goes to as long as it makes her look like a kind generous girl.
Why do I also get the feeling she would’ve picked the youngest, most vulnerable people who messaged her as well?

Reactions: 17
It’s literally just to make herself look good. 500 is duck all to her, so she couldn’t give a duck who it goes to as long as it makes her look like a kind generous girl.
Why do I also get the feeling she would’ve picked the youngest, most vulnerable people who messaged her as well?
Yeah, because sending money to under-18s wouldn’t look dodgy at all 
 That is another thing though, she didn’t specify any kind of age limit. Whilst money’s tight for everyone, if I were a parent and my kid suddenly got £100 from some random YouTuber I’d be 
 concerned.

Reactions: 22
Yeah, because sending money to under-18s wouldn’t look dodgy at all 
 That is another thing though, she didn’t specify any kind of age limit. Whilst money’s tight for everyone, if I were a parent and my kid suddenly got £100 from some random YouTuber I’d be 
 concerned.
Literally? 100% it was her management who told her to delete that. Nothing to do with making people feel ‘invalidated’

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.