Ruby Granger #33 Goes on a boat, dresses like Captain Birdseye

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else bored to death of Ruby's adventures while travelling? I am not sure what I expected with all these trips throughout Europe and America, but the lack of interesting vlogs and videos, intellectual sharing, and just the ridiculous nature of her lies, deceit and choices has left me completely disinterested, bored and weary of it all. I am curious as to what comes next after the holidays. Will she work, will she return to school next fall and go for her Masters? Will she ever grow up and get a job, a career, anything worth watching? The whole vibe over the past month has just been so tedious and repetitious of the same content she makes from home. Nothing new, nothing edifying or exciting. She is the only person I know that can grin ear to ear while taking a selfie in front of an historical building, and us knowing the moment the picture is done, she frowns, and glances around in deep confusion trying to decide who to be next.

Reactions: 24
Anyone else bored to death of Ruby's adventures while travelling? I am not sure what I expected with all these trips throughout Europe and America, but the lack of interesting vlogs and videos, intellectual sharing, and just the ridiculous nature of her lies, deceit and choices has left me completely disinterested, bored and weary of it all. I am curious as to what comes next after the holidays. Will she work, will she return to school next fall and go for her Masters? Will she ever grow up and get a job, a career, anything worth watching? The whole vibe over the past month has just been so tedious and repetitious of the same content she makes from home. Nothing new, nothing edifying or exciting. She is the only person I know that can grin ear to ear while taking a selfie in front of an historical building, and us knowing the moment the picture is done, she frowns, and glances around in deep confusion trying to decide who to be next.
I'm not sure how she makes her travel vlogs so dull. In theory, trips to Greece, Scotland, Italy, France and the United States should provide loads of interesting content. You've got beautiful locations, but the filming's bad and far too often Ruby chooses to focus on the most bizarre, irrelevant things. She'll post a photo of a rubbish bin or weeds on a street corner. What's that all about? There's lots of history and culture to explore, but the footage is mainly of herself: Ruby writing at a desk, Ruby reciting poetry, Ruby standing outside a building, Ruby wandering around a room, Ruby drinking tea. When Ruby decides to be informative the result is even worse because viewers get treated to Hermione mode. Any knowledgeable people who might provide helpful context get edited out. I was naively looking forward to this journey, thinking it would be a welcome change from her morning routines. Nope, it wasn't.

Reactions: 17
I'm not sure how she makes her travel vlogs so dull. In theory, trips to Greece, Scotland, Italy, France and the United States should provide loads of interesting content. You've got beautiful locations, but the filming's bad and far too often Ruby chooses to focus on the most bizarre, irrelevant things. She'll post a photo of a rubbish bin or weeds on a street corner. What's that all about? There's lots of history and culture to explore, but the footage is mainly of herself: Ruby writing at a desk, Ruby reciting poetry, Ruby standing outside a building, Ruby wandering around a room, Ruby drinking tea. When Ruby decides to be informative the result is even worse because viewers get treated to Hermione mode. Any knowledgeable people who might provide helpful context get edited out. I was naively looking forward to this journey, thinking it would be a welcome change from her morning routines. Nope, it wasn't.
Because making videos is but a chore for Ruby, so she puts in the absolute minimum amount of effort into filming and editing. Despite the fact that she now has all the time to make actual content and has been on more holidays in the last few months than most people do in three years.
When she doesn't recycle old footage, she barely bothers. In short, she is a disappointment.

Reactions: 12
jesus I feel real secondhand embarrassment reading her reply. It's so obvious she's clueless, her knowledge or understanding of Dickinson is probably so superficial 💀
It got worse.

Untitled69676456407675675=0-59.jpg

Ruby: "It's not an ad, JANUINELY! I just want to spread the love and awareness of Ammily Dickensun!"
Commenter: "Cool! Can you make us aware of what you love about her?"
Ruby: "No. It's a secret."
Commenter: "Wait, what?"
Ruby: "I can't talk about it online. It's not the right place."
Commenter: "But...this is the comments section of a video you uploaded to talk about Emily Dickinson, and you're an online influencer - that's the exact right place!"
Ruby: "It's not the right medium."
Commenter: "Wait, I thought you were a life-long lover of academia and an aspiring writer? How is the written word not the right medium to talk about your favourite writer?!"
Ruby: "Mummy, someone's bullying me again!"

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
It got worse.

View attachment 1736844

Ruby: "It's not an ad, JANUINELY! I just want to spread the love and awareness of Ammily Dickensun!"
Commenter: "But...this is the comments section of a video you uploaded to talk about Emily Dickinson, and you're an online influencer - that's the exact right place!"
Commenter: "Wait, I thought you were a life-long lover of academia and an aspiring writer? How is the written word not the right medium to talk about your favourite writer?!"
She’s making it sound like she’s in the middle of a lawsuit and has been advised not to talk about it. Maybe Ammilee’s ghost is suing her for emotional damage.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
It got worse.

View attachment 1736844

In other words, she realizes everyone else knows more about Emily Dickinson than she does, that there are loads of fans and scholars of Dickinson that could talk her into a hole and bury her with their knowledge in comparison to her. Yes, lots of people are smarter than you, Rubes. Get used to it. You will experience it more, the older you get, the longer you hide in your home. Even a trip abroad taking selfies and musing in meadows isn't going to educate you on how to become an expert on anything. Jack of All Trades, Mistress of None. Maybe she can "pretend" she is a scholar when she gets back home and cowers in her hovel of a room.

Reactions: 25
It got worse.

View attachment 1736844

The statement that she loves talking about Dickinson with friends but not with her online viewers is just mean. Especially when she's gone all the way to the museum and volunteered for them. I don't see what harm it would have done to say that she likes the style of poetry, or the themes she wrote about, or just the mythology around Dickinson. I leant little from her videos, I had no idea who Austin or Sue were, or what the significance of Amherst was, and am no more inclined to read any of her poems now than I was before.

Reactions: 23
The statement that she loves talking about Dickinson with friends but not with her online viewers is just mean. Especially when she's gone all the way to the museum and volunteered for them. I don't see what harm it would have done to say that she likes the style of poetry, or the themes she wrote about, or just the mythology around Dickinson. I leant little from her videos, I had no idea who Austin or Sue were, or what the significance of Amherst was, and am no more inclined to read any of her poems now than I was before.
You can also talk about the emotional aspect of poetry and literature without having to share private things about yourself. People do it all the time. You can appreciate the way someone writes about idk trauma or loneliness without actually experiencing it yourself and having to share your own experiences.
It was definitely an excuse. I don't think she has an articulated opinion about her poetry at all.
I think she likes the kind of lifestyle Emily Dickinson lived and who she was as a person rather than her poetry. I don't recall her ever talking about her poetry or sharing her favourite poems from her.

Reactions: 26
View attachment 1737115
I'm just gonna live it here...
So much fun 🙈
yeah that's what fun looks like. reminds me of myself in photos. There's a photo of me standing next to the Tardis in Earls Court in London. My face doesn't look like I'm happy. Or even my wedding photos ... 😆 I don't enjoy having my photo taken, especially in public.
But Ruby is used to it and she always looks like she forces herself to look happy – or just looks annoyed, angry, bored.

Reactions: 5
I don't think ruby knows much about any of the literature she has spoken about, she just likes the aesthetic of looking like an academic/writer/genius but I have many doubts regarding her understandings of any of the writers she is supposedly passionate about.

Reactions: 18
I think Ruby is just canny enough to know that the person who asked her about Dickinson was trying to bait her into showing her ignorance. Look at the way the question is phrased, especially that "Could you elaborate?" at the end. This commenter was not there to have a pleasant chat about poetry with Ruby, they were grilling her to prove a point.

I saw the exact same thing happen during the 2016 U.S. presidential campaign when a reporter asked Trump for his favorite passage of scripture. The reporter knew full well that Trump had never opened a Bible in his life and wouldn't be able to answer, and Trump knew that he was being baited with that question. So his answer was almost identical to Ruby's: the Bible was just so personal to him that he didn't want to name his favorite verse in public.

I'm not sticking up for Ruby here (or Trump!). If Ruby was genuinely passionate about Dickinson and poetry, she would have been able to pour cold water all over the commenter's confrontational attitude by answering at length and with enthusiasm. But I can't pretend that the person who asked that question, or its follow-up, was just a Ruby fan who was intellectually curious about Ruby's thoughts on Dickinson. Whoever posted those questions obviously had an agenda, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were someone who reads or participates in this thread.

Reactions: 23
OT, but I’m on a train and couldn’t get a seat, so instead of reading a book I’m restricted to my phone, and I thought I’d share this beautiful poem by @gossip_guy from July 2021 🥲

BBC41390-829C-46F9-8966-ACB079A83C6C.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
It’s at a point where it’s like when you’re having a conversation with that one guy/girl everybody knows who just randomly lies about stupid things for no reason - you know you’re being bullshitted, but it’s so pointless and tired and just kinda sad by that point where everybody just feels tired and vaguely embarrassed while the liar sits back like “oh man I convinced them of that one right??” - we all know she spent the trip hiding in a hotel room doing exactly what she does at home, bar maybe one or two things, while she’s trying to frame it as this big brave adventure.

like she’s not even fun to mock anymore, it’s just…sad?

Reactions: 14
View attachment 1737115
I'm just gonna live it here...
So much fun 🙈
Btw where is this Barbie box thing? It looks fun.
Despite being quite a nerdy kid I absolutely loved Barbie dolls and dolls in general as a child. Apart from reading books I think they were my favourite passtime. I had a huge box of hand me down Barbie dolls that I got from a friend of my grandma's whose daughter had grown out of them, and grandma used to use scraps of fabric to make me doll dresses with her sewing machine, it was so cute. A lot of people scoff at dolls and Barbies but for me they were storytelling tools, to make up stories in my head using the dolls as actors.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.