Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

gossip_guy

VIP Member
The vagueness is so strange, I really don’t want to straight up accuse her of lying about bullying but all of her depictions of bullying are just so unrealistic.
It’s like her ‘a day in the life of someone being bullied video’ as well, it just seems like what someone who has never really experienced bullying would think bullying is.
Also I’m bringing this back because I find it so funny, like if she cares about bullying so much why would she include this in her other video? It just makes it comical.
View attachment 655824
Can "Millie Bobby Brown is gonna floor you for your sinful acts" be the next thread title?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80

CatCafe234

VIP Member
"Tend to play chess in the evenings."

She's so pretentious...it actually hurts.
Pffft, amateur. I only play chess on Tuesdays in leap years, when the moon is in the House of Aquarius and a three-legged sheep has been born in a very specific region of south Wales.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79

sitkx

VIP Member
The biggest joke is her writing “I want it to have a dark academia feel” about her future dissertation…grow the fuck up

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 77

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Does anybody know when that facebook post from exehonestly was put up? If you look up Ruby Bones Exeter and go to images it should be the first picture to come up. Just curious if that post is still up.
FB2D58BE-55A1-4640-A7E4-EE1441251E2A.jpeg
Is this what you mean?? Savage 😩

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76

gossip_guy

VIP Member
I watched Molly's latest video and it couldn't be more of a contrast to Ruby's recent readathon video.

Molly's readathon video:

A clear, honest title. ("My first readathon." - Video contains Molly's first readathon.)
Competent editing.
Likeable, unpretentious personality and manner of speaking.
Uses words that exist, with proper context and pronunciation.
Reads lengthy books aimed at adults.
No focus on hitting arbitrary book targets. (Molly is very clear and honest upfront that she'll read for the enjoyment of reading, switch books if she gets bored and isn't likely to finish any/all of them.)
Has interesting, articulate things to say about the books she reads.
Promotes healthy habits (reading, eating, self-care.)

Ruby's readathon video:

Title full of lies ("Reading 7 books in a day - cosy university readathon" - Ruby doesn't read 7 books and is on break from university. The cosiness is debatable.)
Incompetent editing. (Incapable of speaking a complete, unedited sentence.)
Awkward, pretentious and generally robotic delivery.
Mispronounces many words, invents many others.
Reads children's books, very short books or short stories.
Turns reading into a competition, which she has to lie and change the rules to win. (Ruby claims to read 7 complete books. These include short stories, very short books and many books she just didn't finish. She brags about her accomplishments anyway.)
Only offers bland, surface-level or completely incoherent insight into the books she reads.
Promotes unhealthy habits (reading as a box-ticking exercise, encouraging quantity over quality/enjoyment when reading, lying to achieve your goals, and encourages burning candles at 45 degree angles and possibly burning your house down.)

The only disadvantage to Molly's video is that she's adopted Ruby's 'reading while brushing teeth' habit, which is ridiculous by itself, but Molly does it after just putting on a lovely yellow dress and risking drooling toothpaste all over the book and dress.

Ruby's video, however, is an unmitigated shitshow of lies and incompetence. So, a clear win for Molly.
I just noticed that Molly has now changed the title from 'My first readathon' to 'my first readathon! 📚 enjoyment above "productivity"'

That seems directly aimed at Ruby and toxic studytuber productivity. Get her, queen! #teammolly

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Ruby Granger Routine Video Bingo!

true (1).png

Get yours made before the video goes up! I went with some obvious choices for mine but took some big swings to make things interesting - will she go for the cottagecore title, or has she moved on now she's back in the land of Dark Macademia? Will we finally see vermin in the house? Does she even have the energy to twirl anymore? Will she horrifically injure herself? Anything's possible!

(Site note: All online bingo card generators suck ass. I used BingoBaker.com for this one, and that was the best of a bad bunch.)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75

gossip_guy

VIP Member

I watched this out of morbid curiosity.

Main takeaways:

All comments praise Ruby for being so brave and that they're so proud and her words brought them to tears. All Ruby actually says in the video is "Bullying is bad, everyone should be kind." I didn't realise stating the obvious was brave?

Ruby claims she was bullied, but that she didn't realise it at the time. At no point does she say what this "bullying" entailed, but she alludes multiple times to it just being that people didn't want to be friends with her. Yeah, no shit. You left everyone in your class eyebrows-deep in homework they could've avoided because you wanted to suck up to the teacher.

"Having gone through this myself, I'm a lot more apt to help others." That's not what that word means. This after she says it's important to think about the things we say before we say them. That applies to basic English too, Ruby.

Here we see a day in the life of someone suffering a harrowing ordeal at the hands of bullies, but we're not told who.

Ruby wakes up huffing like a petulant child as the dogs bark downstairs. Are the dogs bullying her? Is she bullying the dogs? Are they all being bullied by someone else? It remains to be seen.

Ruby angrily puts her hair in a ponytail and then eats half a chocolate bar in a blind rage. The camera lingers on the wrapper, because bullying doesn't stand in the way of product placement.

She looks through texts from someone called Amber. Is this the bully? She seems to point out that Ruby had an ugly spot, so maybe?

She gets in the car with her mother, who's ready to drive her to school. Apparently this child is called Izzy, not Ruby, but the mother seems very unsure of the name. Early onset dementia perhaps?

Izzy/Ruby has trouble remembering the basic subjects she studies, so we can see she's not the brightest bulb. This seems to run in the family, as her mother starts the engine to drive to school, reverses 6 inches and then turns the engine off. They've arrived at school apparently! It's very convenient for Ruby/Izzy to attend school in her own driveway, but you have to ponder the environmental concerns of driving half a foot twice a day. Surely Izzy/Ruby could cycle instead?

Ruby/Izzy mills around the grounds of "school", closely guarded by the family dog. Is this the bully?!

She attends class(?) and scribbles a snail/sun instead doing any actual work. Since her class is only 1.4 seconds long and she's the only person in attendance, this doesn't seem like the best use of her time.

She flees the "classroom" and hides around the corner of her house school, where she checks for anyone following her, then reads a book, awkwardly defacing the corners with her fingernail.

She wanders to the house's school's "basketball court" which is comprised of one hoop, bend at a jaunty angle. One of the pitfalls of attending school in your own garden is that the athletic facilities aren't always state of the art.

A BASKETBALL FLIES AT HER OUT OF NOWHERE! It couldn't have been the dog, unless she's being bullied by Air Bud, which seems unlikely. Is her house/school haunted? Is she being bullied by poltergeists?! This is a trickier situation than we could have ever foreseen!

Back in her kitchen the school, she eats a sad sandwich, before talking to a bohemian hippy type who looks like her father but is actually her teacher, Mr Aldridge (Does the name sounds familiar? Because it should! That's Erimentha's teacher, too! Is Erimentha bullying Ruby/Izzy?! Or is Ruby only capable of coming up with one surname for a teacher?)

Mr. A is concerned that Izzy/Ruby's not been herself lately, but considering his career has reached the lows of teaching minute-long classes of one from a dank kitchen, it seems like he should be focusing on his own life right now.

Izzy/Ruby assures him, unconvincingly, that everything is fine and she has to leave as her mother's waiting for her. He should be able to see through her lies - the school day has only been in session for mere minutes, and he's sat in the same house/school as her mother.

After wishing Mr A. a good evening, Izzy/Ruby flees outside, where it's clearly early morning. Her mother is waiting in her car, presumably because the school day was 3 minutes long and she hasn't had chance to unbuckle her seatbelt since dropping Izzy/Ruby off at "school." Her mother doesn't even go through the charade of starting the engine this time. Izzy/Ruby just gets in, then they both immediately get out.

In her bedroom, Izzy/Ruby starts writing a letter. She starts halfway down the page, because wasting paper is good for the environment, but can only get as far as the letter 'I' - it's left ambiguous if this is because Izzy/Ruby is all that matters in the universe, or because she can't spell beyond that letter as her education takes place in 30 seconds-a-day sessions.

It's now nighttime, and Izzy/Ruby opens her chemistry textbook to find a note from Amber: "Just wanted to let you know that nobody likes you. :) - Love Amber. ❤"

It's tough to fault Amber's reasoning, or the friendly tone with which this information is offered. After all, we're shown just one day in Izzy/Ruby's life, and she doesn't bathe or brush her teeth at all, so she must be hard to be around. But since there's no other students in her house-school, and nobody has had access to her book besides her teacher-dad, her mother, the dog and the basketball-playing poltergeist, this is a true Agatha Christie whodunnit - who left the note? Who is Amber?! The dog? Her mother's split personality? A twisted figment of Izzy/Ruby's imagination?

Answers on a postcard, Tattlers: Who do you think it was?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Fellow tattlers I apologise I missed the all important premiere of Ruby's ground breaking new video as I had to go to this place called work where you turn up work hard for 12hours then they pay you money at the end off the month
Please keep things on-topic here; actually working for money is a completely irrelevant subject in the thread about Ruby Granger.

• Haha
Reactions: 72

babyspice1996

Oooh what did your friends say about their interactions with Ruby? How is it to be on a course/ in seminars with her?
There was a pretty memorable moment in first year when she whipped out a quill and ink in a lecture but apart from that she’s just this really small quiet girl. She always sits at the front right in the middle and stays to talk to the lecturers afterwards. And if someone swears or says anything she thinks is inappropriate she won’t talk to them again lol. And she does contribute a lot in seminars, I’ve never seen her interrupt a lecture though

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 69

gossip_guy

VIP Member
yeah, suspicions confirmed. she has still not actually lost that much weight- it's all in the angles. in that (weird) clip of her running away from the camera she looks like a completely normal 20 year old girl. cut out the attention-seeking crap, ruby. may i remind this thread that there's a difference between exhibiting disordered eating habits and actually suffering from an ed??
She's visibly lost a lot of weight, and it shows most clearly in her face. But she's also being very deceptive in what she shows since the backlash started (while still going out of her way to post triggering food content.)

When she grabbed an old "daily vlog" from out of nowhere that was recorded around the time of Molly's visit and uploaded it weeks later and put up what looked like an old "gymnastics" Insta story, I theorised that she's started "banking" videos to upload further down the line and recycling old content to give the illusion that her weight loss isn't as bad as it is.

She intends it to be a sign to all the critics that she's clearly healthier than ever - she's backflipping and suddenly her face looks less gaunt, so there's nothing to worry about.

She's still doing that. All of today's Insta stories are from at least two weeks ago.

This was uploaded today:

2.jpg

This was uploaded two weeks ago (and I believe was likely filmed before that):

3.jpg

Many of the other videos have the same wavy hairstyle and unevenly-trimmed hair, so they were clearly shot on or near the same day.

Then there's this from today, where her face looks fuller and she looks much healthier:

5.jpg

Want to know when that was actually shot? June 2020:

6.jpg

She's clearly lost a tonne of weight, but she's now going to great lengths to hide that and project an image of a healthier figure to throw people off by not posting up-to-date images and uploading a mix of weeks-old pictures/videos and some that are months old. It's likely why we haven't seen the video of her and Jade in London go up - she'll release it weeks later and her weight loss will look less pronounced than it is at that stage in reality.

She thinks her critics will see these and think "Oh, I guess her weight loss isn't actually as bad as I thought" and her fans will see it and wonder why people are asking about weight loss when she's clearly super healthy. And she gets the compliments and acknowledgements that she wants as well because all her fans are fawning over how skinny she is, regardless of how healthy or unhealthy she looks.

Textbook gaslighting. Don't believe her.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 69

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Very interesting that she’s also chosen to do it in the comments of a post that isn’t her most recent any more, I know it’s in the post where most concern was shown but it does mean that it’s very hard to find 🙄
And this, in her mind, will be the end of it. Just like her 24 hour break from Instagram that nobody noticed after she took a bunch of money from a charity, she believes she's solved the problem. Case closed. I was about to give her genuine credit and respect for that OOTD picture as it looked like a step towards change and the first time she's thought of her audience (even if it likely wasn't her idea.)

But this post of hers is disgusting. It's a "sorry you chose to be offended" non-apology in the least visible place she could find. She he will absolutely return to posting triggering content before the week's out and if anyone complains, she'll ignore it, or point to this "you're the problem, not me, but I'll take the high ground and wish you glad tidings, peasants!" unpology as what she believes is a Get Out of Jail Free card.

The irony of her having a 'Protect Each Other' sticker on that vaccine picture of herself when she's spent months encouraging ED habits and knowingly baiting people with an ED is astounding.

Here, Ruby, I fixed your apology. It took like 5 minutes. What's your excuse?

"There have been a lot of comments recently regarding my physical appearance following my recent weight loss, and I just wanted to acknowledge and address them.

Firstly, I want to thank each and every person who has reached out. These comments have invariably come from a place of care and concern, and that means the world. I appreciate every one of you, and your words of love and consideration mean the world.

My physical appearance and weight loss isn't something I feel comfortable talking about openly or publicly. I truly hope you can understand and respect that.

That being said, as an influencer in the public eye, I fully understand that I have a responsibility to ensure that the things I show of myself and my content do not impact others negatively. In this instance, and many others, I've let you down, and I can only apologise for that from the bottom of my heart.

While social media only shows a fraction of what someone eats and how they life their life, in the moment we see an image online, that's the whole picture. I've put images and videos of food and habits that are unhealthy and that have negatively impacted others and not given proper thought or consideration to the damage they could cause to someone who viewed them as normal or healthy. I've promoted unhealthy eating habits and posted content that would be triggering to anyone currently dealing with or recovering from an eating disorder. I posted these things without fully thinking how someone on a different journey might view these posts and be affected by them.

This wasn’t done intentionally, but ignorance, immaturity and thoughtlessness are no excuse. I can only apologise from the bottom of my heart to anyone I might have hurt with my posts. I am striving to learn and to do better as a person and as someone with a platform of influence. Influencers are fortunate to have a voice which is heard by a great many people, many of them young and impressionable, and those people deserve better.

I have a responsibility to people to help encourage positive habits or just to shield them from negative ideas and images. I can do better. I will do better. And I hope you continue with me as I try, and pledge to listen and put more thought into what I put into the world and how it affects others.

While I don't wish to discuss my personal weight loss and hope you understand my wish for privacy in that regard, there are a lot of people dealing with weight issues or eating disorders who do want help, or someone to talk to. Eating disorders are a dangeous, crippling disease that affect a great many people and those around them. If you or anyone you know are struggling with an eating disorder, please know that help is available, and that there are people you can talk to. (Include big list of NHS links and ED helplines and charities here.)

I have made a donation to the charity Beat, which offer an array of support options for victims of eating disorders and actively works to encourage healthy eating habits. I hope you join me in doing the same and supporting the vital work they do. Help is available if you need it. Be safe, and remember that you are loved."

(Post to main channel where people actually see it.)

How hard was that?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 60

celluloia

Just doing some internet nosing and found Ruby’s old askfm she hasn’t used in a while, think she used to have it linked in her video descriptions… idk if people have shared it on here before but a few errrr interesting posts 🤣 forgive the dodgy collages
830F4F12-819B-41CB-8EDA-12A21054BB50.jpeg
512CE822-E046-435B-93E1-610C3EA5E57F.jpeg
EB18E54D-B61A-44FE-91FD-861FF5661A0C.jpeg
29284CEA-E7C4-4126-86FC-231EFF7A4C21.jpeg
A562A016-1974-413E-9038-4763CB44AC75.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54

CatCafe234

VIP Member
I’ve been thinking about this too and honestly, Ruby Realname can sit in her bedroom dressed as Miss Havisham, eat tiny meals and twirl round the garden until the world ends, if she wants. It makes no difference to me at all and she’s free to do whatever she wants to do. However, I do have a huge problem with ‘Ruby Granger’ promoting EDs online, especially as she absolutely knows the demographic of her audience and how damaging her behaviour could be - or to be fair, she would have known at one point but may now be in a position where it no longer registers.

StudyTubers (and YouTube celebrities more generally) weren’t a thing when I was at school but if they had been, I can totally see myself as part of the audience because on the surface, the life they present would have had everything I wanted as a teenager - a nice, stable home, two parents, academic success, good schools and so on. I would have saved up and bought a planner from Ruby and a narna t-shirt from Holly. Hell, I probably would have saved and signed up to one of Jade’s scams, sorry, schemes, because I would not have had the critical faculty at that age to separate the image from the reality. I would have thought that by buying their stuff, I could be like them. It is not a huge leap to see myself deciding that copying them in other ways too would be a good idea, so that I too could get good grades and have a nice, middle-class life.

There aren’t any StudyTubers that aren’t problematic - just from the ones I ‘know’, Jade‘s a raging narcissist caught up in her family’s MLM lifestyle to the point where she’s even decided to go to an MLM university, Ruby’s clearly unwell mentally and now that she is facing real life, everything’s falling apart and Holly’s most likely done permanent damage to her body through years of disordered eating. But they are able to present themselves as people to look up to and their audience (well, the chunk of it that isn’t middle-aged perverts interested in school dresses and young women’s periods) laps that up. It’s all part of the problem of making teenagers, influencers. When you get to the point where someone feels that they know you and trusts you enough to do what you do and buy what you recommend, you can’t turn that on and off like a tap. If you influence me to buy a lipstick, or a laptop, then all of your other behaviours will influence me too. This is what the StudyTubers need to realise.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 51

Scapier88

VIP Member
Fellow tattlers I apologise I missed the all important premiere of Ruby's ground breaking new video as I had to go to this place called work where you turn up work hard for 12hours then they pay you money at the end off the month

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50