Ruby Granger #12 The Continuing Adventures of Pie-rott and Muriel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
God shes such a brat isn't she? In her new "reacting to my 2nd year Grades" video every time she reads a bit of constructive criticism from her lecturers [even when her mark is really good!!!!] she says "I don't agree with that" šŸ¤¢šŸ™„
Honestly, Iā€™m soooooo glad I didnā€™t watch any of her grades videos when I was doing Eng Lit at uni been now Iā€™ve graduated from my MA with a distinction Diss and have a good job I watch them and I just feel crappy afterwards šŸ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Her disagreeing with the professorā€™s feedback is so funny to me. She got a 67 and sheā€™s upset.

This girl really thinks she knows better, itā€™s so annoyingā€¦

Reactions: 25
Iā€™m still hc rolling my eyes at her over the way she ā€respondedā€ to yesterdayā€™s debacle, but Iā€™m also kind of glad to be back to criticizing other ways in which sheā€™s an idiot. That whole grades video, sheesh. Sheā€™s so bleeping smug over her grades and how she knows better than her teachers. I hope I was never as bad as that over my grades.

Reactions: 22
Sitting here laughing at her feedback that she puts random irrelevant notes in her essays

• Haha
Reactions: 37
ā€œI wasnā€™t expecting to do so wellā€ girl you literally do nothing but study all day and night. It would be strange if with all that goddamn studying she got 50ā€™s lol.

Reactions: 25
this might be the least constructive post on this thread but after catching up to the absolute madness that her online activity has been I just want to say that Ruby is an absolute idiot. if criticism and calling out is negativity, one can only imagine how she feels about molly unfollowing her - she doesn't feel a thing, at all. lost all of my potential sympathy towards her

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Very interesting that sheā€™s also chosen to do it in the comments of a post that isnā€™t her most recent any more, I know itā€™s in the post where most concern was shown but it does mean that itā€™s very hard to find šŸ™„
And this, in her mind, will be the end of it. Just like her 24 hour break from Instagram that nobody noticed after she took a bunch of money from a charity, she believes she's solved the problem. Case closed. I was about to give her genuine credit and respect for that OOTD picture as it looked like a step towards change and the first time she's thought of her audience (even if it likely wasn't her idea.)

But this post of hers is disgusting. It's a "sorry you chose to be offended" non-apology in the least visible place she could find. She he will absolutely return to posting triggering content before the week's out and if anyone complains, she'll ignore it, or point to this "you're the problem, not me, but I'll take the high ground and wish you glad tidings, peasants!" unpology as what she believes is a Get Out of Jail Free card.

The irony of her having a 'Protect Each Other' sticker on that vaccine picture of herself when she's spent months encouraging ED habits and knowingly baiting people with an ED is astounding.

Here, Ruby, I fixed your apology. It took like 5 minutes. What's your excuse?

"There have been a lot of comments recently regarding my physical appearance following my recent weight loss, and I just wanted to acknowledge and address them.

Firstly, I want to thank each and every person who has reached out. These comments have invariably come from a place of care and concern, and that means the world. I appreciate every one of you, and your words of love and consideration mean the world.

My physical appearance and weight loss isn't something I feel comfortable talking about openly or publicly. I truly hope you can understand and respect that.

That being said, as an influencer in the public eye, I fully understand that I have a responsibility to ensure that the things I show of myself and my content do not impact others negatively. In this instance, and many others, I've let you down, and I can only apologise for that from the bottom of my heart.

While social media only shows a fraction of what someone eats and how they life their life, in the moment we see an image online, that's the whole picture. I've put images and videos of food and habits that are unhealthy and that have negatively impacted others and not given proper thought or consideration to the damage they could cause to someone who viewed them as normal or healthy. I've promoted unhealthy eating habits and posted content that would be triggering to anyone currently dealing with or recovering from an eating disorder. I posted these things without fully thinking how someone on a different journey might view these posts and be affected by them.

This wasnā€™t done intentionally, but ignorance, immaturity and thoughtlessness are no excuse. I can only apologise from the bottom of my heart to anyone I might have hurt with my posts. I am striving to learn and to do better as a person and as someone with a platform of influence. Influencers are fortunate to have a voice which is heard by a great many people, many of them young and impressionable, and those people deserve better.

I have a responsibility to people to help encourage positive habits or just to shield them from negative ideas and images. I can do better. I will do better. And I hope you continue with me as I try, and pledge to listen and put more thought into what I put into the world and how it affects others.

While I don't wish to discuss my personal weight loss and hope you understand my wish for privacy in that regard, there are a lot of people dealing with weight issues or eating disorders who do want help, or someone to talk to. Eating disorders are a dangeous, crippling disease that affect a great many people and those around them. If you or anyone you know are struggling with an eating disorder, please know that help is available, and that there are people you can talk to. (Include big list of NHS links and ED helplines and charities here.)

I have made a donation to the charity Beat, which offer an array of support options for victims of eating disorders and actively works to encourage healthy eating habits. I hope you join me in doing the same and supporting the vital work they do. Help is available if you need it. Be safe, and remember that you are loved."

(Post to main channel where people actually see it.)

How hard was that?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
And this, in her mind, will be the end of it. Just like her 24 hour break from Instagram that nobody noticed after she took a bunch of money from a charity, she believes she's solved the problem. Case closed. I was about to give her genuine credit and respect for that OOTD picture as it looked like a step towards change and the first time she's thought of her audience (even if it likely wasn't her idea.)

But this post of hers is disgusting. It's a "sorry you chose to be offended" non-apology in the least visible place she could find. She he will absolutely return to posting triggering content before the week's out and if anyone complains, she'll ignore it, or point to this "you're the problem, not me, but I'll take the high ground and wish you glad tidings, peasants!" unpology as what she believes is a Get Out of Jail Free card.

The irony of her having a 'Protect Each Other' sticker on that vaccine picture of herself when she's spent months encouraging ED habits and knowingly baiting people with an ED is astounding.

Here, Ruby, I fixed your apology. It took like 5 minutes. What's your excuse?

"There have been a lot of comments recently regarding my physical appearance following my recent weight loss, and I just wanted to acknowledge and address them.

Firstly, I want to thank each and every person who has reached out. These comments have invariably come from a place of care and concern, and that means the world. I appreciate every one of you, and your words of love and consideration mean the world.

My physical appearance and weight loss isn't something I feel comfortable talking about openly or publicly. I truly hope you can understand and respect that.

That being said, as an influencer in the public I, I fully understand that I have a responsibility to ensure that the things I show of myself and my content do not impact others negatively. In this instance, and many others, I've let you down, and I can only apologise for that from the bottom of my heart.

While social media only shows a fraction of what someone eats and how they life their life, in the moment we see an image online, that's the whole picture in that moment. I've put images and videos of food and habits that are unhealthy and that have negatively impacted others and not given proper thought or consideration to the damage they could cause to someone who viewed them as normal or healthy.

I've promoted unhealthy eating habits and posted content that would be triggering to anyone currently dealing with or recovering from an eating disorder. I posted these things without fully thinking how someone on a different journey might view these posts and be affected by them.

This wasnā€™t done intentionally, but ignorance, immaturity and thoughtlessness are no excuse. I can only apologise from the bottom of my heart to anyone I might have hurt with my posts. I am striving to learn and to do better as a person and as someone with a platform of influence. Influencers are fortunate to have a voice which is heard by a great many people, many of them young and impressionable, and those people deserve better.

I have a responsibility to people to help encourage positive habits or just to shield them from negative ideas and images. I can do better. I will do better. And I hope you continue with me as I try, and pledge to listen and put more thought into what I put into the world and how it affects others.

While I don't wish to discuss my personal weight loss and hope you understand my wish for privacy in that regard, there are a lot of people dealing with weight issues or eating disorders who do want help, or someone to talk to. Eating disorders are a dangeous, crippling disease that affect a great many people and those around them. If you or anyone you know are struggling with an eating disorder, please know that help is available, and that there are people you can talk to. (Include big list of NHS links and ED helplines and charities here.)

I have main a donation to the charity Beat, which offer an array of support options for victims of eating disorders and actively works to encourage healthy eating habits. I hope you join me in doing the same and supporting the vital work they do. Help is available if you need it. Be safe, and remember that you are loved."

(Post to main channel where people actually see it.)

How hard was that?
This is such a good apology and definitely what she should have said, not that random "I'm sorry you feel that way āœØšŸ¤" mess šŸ˜­

Reactions: 22
Well, I know how the grading system works in the UK - but I didn't understand a word about it as she explained it. Also she doesn't look motivated at all during the video and what on earth was she saying?: "I should be happy with it, but I'm not entirely happy with it. Look, I am happy with it ..." o_O Can't stand this, I'm out.

Reactions: 14
ā€I recognize this is not what the average person would eat, but Iā€™m skinny and have self-control, so this is all Iā€™m going to eatā€
you put it into words perfectly, this is literally what I thought back in my ED days when someone skinny talked about their small food portion

• Heart
Reactions: 26
She's upset about a 67 and she doesn't agree with it?? When I got a 67 at uni I celebrated!!

Reactions: 16
Regarding her 'apology' comment on her IG post: it has the same energy as a parent handing out a punishment to their child, and then refusing to negotiate further. Obviously doesn't like being called out, and isn't in a place to face what she's doing.

I don't get her explanation of her results - 70 does equal 70% in UK marks. As someone else said, she shouldn't be surprised to be getting high marks when she studies all the time. That would explain why she disagreed with her feedback (regardless of what the token text on the screen says), demonstrating that her remarks about being 'surprised' are disingenuous. Just the way she reported the 67 in her summary of her marks shows how bad she considers that to be, she barely say it without grimacing.

Reactions: 11
Oh wow I hadn't watched any of Ruby's content in like.. two years I think? Since before lockdown at any rate. But now I've stumbled across her insta again and she's so thin and gaunt? I thought she must be ill or sth but then I came here to find out what's going on and oh man. That's quite shocking. I never would've thought Ruby would spiral like this? Wild.

(Sorry continue I just had to vent^^)

Reactions: 4

Ruby-ism spotted at 1:10 - it's definitely been mentioned in older threads but pronouncing percent as pre-cent just... sets my teeth on edge :LOL:

At 3:40ish, she justifies disagreeing with her lecturer's feedback by saying 'I disagree with that, because whenever I said ''most academic criticism'' - it was founded in, like, what was - I, like, did loads of research into, like, the overarching themes in the academy, but because it was an exam, I didn't cite them, and I would've done if it was a normal coursework essay' and then a moment later mentions that they were told not to cite sources in the exam. Couldn't tell exactly what she was talking about (the word salad of a sentence didn't help) but she genuinely doesn't seem to realise that doing a lot of research doesn't equate to a good mark or a good exam.

Also, at 4:20 (nice) she mentions that this was the assignment she enjoyed the least - says that she needs to bear in mind, 'don't write an essay which isn't exciting'. She's coming to the end of her third year at Exeter - you'd think that wouldn't be the message she takes from this, but here we are.

Also she doesn't look motivated at all during the video and what on earth was she saying?: "I should be happy with it, but I'm not entirely happy with it. Look, I am happy with it ..." o_O Can't stand this, I'm out.
I'd guess that she's pretty unhappy with these marks, but from her perspective, if she shows signs of anything other than being fine with it, people will pile onto her (her A-level results video, the one about the first formal grade from university, that kinda thing).

• Haha
Reactions: 20
you put it into words perfectly, this is literally what I thought back in my ED days when someone skinny talked about their small food portion
Yep. I was trying to put it into words yesterday and gave up. Her apology for posting triggering content was triggering in itself because my (albeit 98% recovered) ED brain read it as her bragging about how little food she eats and feeling validated by all the concerned comments.

Would anyone mind recapping what marks she got? I can't bring myself to watch the video.

Reactions: 2
Her Oxford rejection reflection video popped up and sheā€™s complaining that the pressure of reading an unseen passage in fifteen minutes and the pressure of it being her Oxford interview and everything coming down to that caused her to have an anxiety attack and thatā€™s why she didnā€™t performā€¦ trust me I feel for 17/18 year old Ruby I really did but considering that 21 year old Ruby is now going to build her uni experience on 24 hour exams (obviously not saying thatā€™s down to her choice or anything) and the ability to get everything just right through tones of research, Iā€™m just dying to know how in the heck sheā€™s going to cope with job interviews and even appraisal interviews when youā€™re in a job? Not saying I wish failure on her but I think she has the mind set of ā€œwell Iā€™ve had my life time of struggle in being rejected from Oxford and hay feverā€ and thinks sheā€™ll saunter through interviews for publishing, marketing, media on her 85 mark but sheā€™s just not going to. I mentioned about that publishing takes a year of applying for literally every job to break into and you work tirelessly on every application, stress over every word in an interview because you also need the job as well as it being the one youā€™d love - itā€™s just so confusing how she says in that video ā€œdonā€™t be afraid of failureā€ and ā€œI wish Iā€™d failed at schoolā€ and now sheā€™s right back to how she used to be? Also Iā€™ll come back to my eternal confusion of why didnā€™t she carry on with creative writing modules beyond first year of being an author is an option for her career path? And actually maybe the best one for her goal of frolicking around in the countryside (by no means saying this is what authors do Iā€™m say sing this is what Ruby would do given half the chance)

Reactions: 21
Would anyone mind recapping what marks she got? I can't bring myself to watch the video.
I can't remember each one, but I think she got 76 for her second year overall and her lowest exam mark was 67 (which she was wincing at and it brought one of her module marks down "LOADS!" to 73).
She also gets a 'module participation' score which is about 10% of each module mark or something and she got 85 in each one.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.