Ruby Granger #12 The Continuing Adventures of Pie-rott and Muriel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know I personally have nothing again meal planning I do it myself otherwise the weekly asda shop gets expensive as I get distracted by all the nice stuff as I wonder round and end up just buying a load off rubbish and nothing to make dinner with
Will add to this I have feed my small human a healthy dinner of chicken roasted tomatoes and peppers only green peppers though as the other colours are yucky and jacket potato

Apparently nursery said I have to take him in i can't send him a chimney I blame covid

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Yeah I think the stuff at the start was probably based on things that happened to Ruby irl, she would be snobby and insufferable in class and then other people would try and knock her down a peg or two.
The violence that comes later in the book I really think she just made up because it literally goes from 0 to 100, and it’s so unrealistic, like shoving a needle into her arm? The police would literally be called 😩
Also as far as I recall Erimentha for some reason doesn't tell anyone about the physical stuff and just powers through it herself.
Now, knowing Ruby, do we really believe that she would not have run straight to her parents the minute someone looked at her the wrong way? Can you imagine the scene she and her parents would have caused if someone had actually cut off a chunk of her hair? We would still be hearing about how traumatic that was and how because of that she now keeps her hair extremely long.
In my opinion had there ever been a particularly egregious incident like the stuff that happens to Erimentha, Ruby would not be so vague and generic when talking about the bullying she experienced.
(I'm fairly sure I got the verb tenses wrong in this last sentence lol sorry about that)

Reactions: 10
Also as far as I recall Erimentha for some reason doesn't tell anyone about the physical stuff and just powers through it herself.
Now, knowing Ruby, do we really believe that she would not have run straight to her parents the minute someone looked at her the wrong way? Can you imagine the scene she and her parents would have caused if someone had actually cut off a chunk of her hair? We would still be hearing about how traumatic that was and how because of that she now keeps her hair extremely long.
In my opinion had there ever been a particularly egregious incident like the stuff that happens to Erimentha, Ruby would not be so vague and generic when talking about the bullying she experienced.
(I'm fairly sure I got the verb tenses wrong in this last sentence lol sorry about that)
The vagueness is so strange, I really don’t want to straight up accuse her of lying about bullying but all of her depictions of bullying are just so unrealistic.
It’s like her ‘a day in the life of someone being bullied video’ as well, it just seems like what someone who has never really experienced bullying would think bullying is.
Also I’m bringing this back because I find it so funny, like if she cares about bullying so much why would she include this in her other video? It just makes it comical.
34F8045A-6424-45DA-9A1B-C0B1160F5DC7.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 21
The vagueness is so strange, I really don’t want to straight up accuse her of lying about bullying but all of her depictions of bullying are just so unrealistic.
It’s like her ‘a day in the life of someone being bullied video’ as well, it just seems like what someone who has never really experienced bullying would think bullying is.
Also I’m bringing this back because I find it so funny, like if she cares about bullying so much why would she include this in her other video? It just makes it comical.
View attachment 655824
Can "Millie Bobby Brown is gonna floor you for your sinful acts" be the next thread title?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80
The more things that she posts recently, the less sense it makes and it drives me mad. You'd think that growing up as an individual that puts so much merit into learning and reading, being in your last year of University, she'd have a little bit more of an analytical mind and be able to post things that aren't so.... vapid?

I keep thinking of that weird story she posted a day or so ago where she talks about the month of July being a favorite.
It's so far gone from the reality that we as humans live in, that I literally can't even wrap my head around it. (Let's not even discuss how ridiculous she looked in it.... All I can ask is, was she rolling around in hay before she filmed that?)

It's as though she is doing something, thinks it to herself, pops out her phone and films it ASAP because she's so in the moment she has to tell everyone about it!! I thought it first!!! You all hate summer, but I don't anymore!!! It's not even childish at this point with her, it's as though she's in some weird competition for who can love life more than anyone else on this planet.

Which makes me see that you can tell that she's really disappointed with her life at the moment. :\
University isn't what she thought it would be (I know, Ruby, the pandemic wasn't planned into your idealized world, but you got on okay with it according to your YouTube channel). She isn't the shining bright student of wonder that she assumed she would be in all of her classes. A lot of people think, if I can't be the brightest in my class, or the fastest at turning things in, or the one that gives really great presentations well then. I'll be the smallest, the sickest, or the one everyone worries about. It's really sad to see her completely lost.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
Just doing some internet nosing and found Ruby’s old askfm she hasn’t used in a while, think she used to have it linked in her video descriptions… idk if people have shared it on here before but a few errrr interesting posts 🤣 forgive the dodgy collages
View attachment 655370
This one jumped out the most for me “I try to focus on productivity over anything I suppose.” This is Ruby’s fundamental problem, and which I think is detrimental to mental health of both her audience AND herself. I have spoken to people who watch her content and still claim to love it, only to admit that they find themselves negatively comparing their “productivity” levels.

The fact she can’t find value Hermione beyond productivity shows that, to quote Dumbledore (yes I am a potterhead and going there!): “their knowledge remained woefully incomplete - that which Voldemort does not value, he takes no trouble to comprehend.”

That is Ruby’s issue. She can only find value in productivity, not passion. It is why Molly’s recent video was so refreshing to watch, because she shifted the focus and showed that a book and it’s characters are there to be loved for their words, not what number they come on a reading list.

I’d love to think that, as with most humans, Ruby has matured beyond this viewpoint re productivity. But I know that is wishful thinking, and it almost makes me so sad for both her - if it were not so potentially toxic for her young, impressionable audience.

Reactions: 23
This one jumped out the most for me “I try to focus on productivity over anything I suppose.” This is Ruby’s fundamental problem, and which I think is detrimental to mental health of both her audience AND herself. I have spoken to people who watch her content and still claim to love it, only to admit that they find themselves negatively comparing their “productivity” levels.

The fact she can’t find value Hermione beyond productivity shows that, to quote Dumbledore (yes I am a potterhead and going there!): “their knowledge remained woefully incomplete - that which Voldemort does not value, he takes no trouble to comprehend.”

That is Ruby’s issue. She can only find value in productivity, not passion. It is why Molly’s recent video was so refreshing to watch, because she shifted the focus and showed that a book and it’s characters are there to be loved for their words, not what number they come on a reading list.

I’d love to think that, as with most humans, Ruby has matured beyond this viewpoint re productivity. But I know that is wishful thinking, and it almost makes me so sad for both her - if it were not so potentially toxic for her young, impressionable audience.
What's sadder is that for spending all her waking hours being "productive" she's never realised most of that time is needless busywork.

She's also not improved at anything she puts pride and value in in all the years she's been doing them.

Her productivity skills are shockingly bad. She hasn't streamlined them or learned to use her time more efficiently at all since her Hermione days. It's all needless lists, planners and redundant time-wasting. Everything's a box-ticking exercise.

As a reader, her interests are just as narrow and immature as ever, and even then she barely reads. She skims, skips, or just outright lies about reading things. The only things she does read were written for the mind of an infant.

As a writer she's supposedly been writing every day for years but Erimentha was the first and only thing she published. She's failed to capitalise on the boom of YouTuber/BookTuber books getting released and also hasn't self-published anything either.

As a YouTuber, she hasn't grown at all. Her filmmaking and editing skills have not improved in 6 years. Her content ideas and the delivery of them are the same as when she started her channel. She's made zero effort to grow her channel or expand her viewership.

As an entrepreneur, she's atrocious. Her store is barely stocked, missing obvious product ideas and trades entirely on bland, cheaply-made, overpriced crap nobody needs. Today she added her first new product in a year. It was designed by someone else.

As a student she's succeded largely on the low standards of her university, but university has an end date and her grades won't mean anything in the real world.

Her language skills have only deteriorated over time - her uni grades seem to have given her added confidence to the point she uses words incorrectly on every level, more often than ever, without questioning herself or double-checking.

Socially, she's only regressed, and she wasn't the most outgoing and likeable person to begin with.

Is there anything at all she hasn't completely half-assed, or achieved purely by virtue of privilege and luck?

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Can "Millie Bobby Brown is gonna floor you for your sinful acts" be the next thread title?
For all you Ruby x Blakeney shippers this is 100% a reference to queerness. Ruby there’s a difference between schoolyard bullying and hate crimes

• Haha
Reactions: 5
What’s this now 👀 What ”insta girl”, surely they’re not talking about Molly? Are they just tit-stirring?

854F7213-9FC6-435B-89D6-0203B81DC13B.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 9
What’s this now 👀 What ”insta girl”, surely they’re not talking about Molly? Are they just tit-stirring?

View attachment 655969

View attachment 655969
And the brainwashed Ruby apologists arrive right on schedule.

Remember, everyone: If children are being negatively affected by the toxic behaviour of content creators who are directly marketing to young people on the internet, it's entirely the children's fault for allowing themselves to be influenced. Not, y'know, the adult woman who knows better and is a self-proclaimed influencer. The clue's in the name - she has an influence on the people who view her content. She knows that and should know better.

And her adult fans likely came to her channel to see "productivity" content, not an increasingly skeletal illiterate posting quarter-slices of toast and calling it a giant meal. Again, what does food have to do with productivity? Why is she constantly posting dangerously small portions on a channel supposedly devoted to encouraging good study habits? The connection she's drawing between the two things is clear as day: "Eat nothing to be productive."

Ruby knows exactly what she's doing. The second she started framing people's concerns about her health and content as "negativity", she was sounding a dog whistle to her rabid fans to come to her defence. She's to blame for her actions and their impact on people. Her deluded fans need to get the duck out of here with this victim-blaming bullshit.

Imagine if Ruby made a video confirming she has an eating disorder and that influencers on Instagram had directly contributed to her decline. I bet my left kidney they’d immediately do an about-turn, bring out all the double-standards in the world and suddenly Ruby would be the poor victim and the Influencers posting irresponsible food content are the evil bullies.

As much as I'm sure Molly could do without the drama of an internet beef, a big part of me hopes she makes a video outing Ruby for the toxic snake she is and goes for the throat.

Last edited:
Reactions: 26
Honestly.... influencers DO influence people. Even on a subconscious level....

Everyone gets influenced. Like you know when you get on YouTube a yummy KFC ad, and the next day you are craving KFC 🍗😋😜.

Or when the person you look up to/follow swears by some kind of product. Or has an opinion on something.

This is why people keep saying be careful who you follow. Unfollow if they make you feel bad etc.

Just by watching Ruby and reading this thread, my phone keeps bombarding me with ED content. On YouTube, on Instagram on FB. If this content would have reached me 10 years ago, it would have been a real problem, as I wouldn't have known any better.

I just hope young people are strong enough to keep the distance, but it is HARD! Even on tiktok people start crying when they see themselves with that face thingy filter. (Which one is it Tattlers?)

Also a lot of younger girls I know in real life. I don't recognise on insta with all the filters. They are so insecure, which I get. Being a teenager is so difficult. But than add this studytuber toxic productivity on top of it, with the small meal portion posts from Ruby and other influencers who should know better.

Wow what a ramble in these early hours. 😳 anyway, enjoy your day Tattlers :)

Reactions: 23
Just doing some internet nosing and found Ruby’s old askfm she hasn’t used in a while, think she used to have it linked in her video descriptions… idk if people have shared it on here before but a few errrr interesting posts 🤣 forgive the dodgy collages View attachment 655368View attachment 655369View attachment 655370View attachment 655371View attachment 655372
I often give Ruby the benefit of the doubt (because I feel sorry for her sometimes) but my god she sounds like such a tosser in these. I was bullied and I'm very against bullying, but I really think Ruby was bullied not because she "wasn't cool" but because she was pompous, looked down on others (especially girls who she thought of as sl*ts), acted all fake and superior and tried too hard to suck up to teachers. I can just picture her being that student. And because she convinced the adults around her that she was a dear old-fashioned wholesome darling who was bullied by those horrid girls in their spaghetti strap tops, they all indulged her and validated her and it resulted in the annoying Ruby we know today.

Reactions: 19
I often give Ruby the benefit of the doubt (because I feel sorry for her sometimes) but my god she sounds like such a tosser in these. I was bullied and I'm very against bullying, but I really think Ruby was bullied not because she "wasn't cool" but because she was pompous, looked down on others (especially girls who she thought of as sl*ts), acted all fake and superior and tried too hard to suck up to teachers. I can just picture her being that student. And because she convinced the adults around her that she was a dear old-fashioned wholesome darling who was bullied by those horrid girls in their spaghetti strap tops, they all indulged her and validated her and it resulted in the annoying Ruby we know today.
Totally, I bet Ruby has spent all her life being adored by her parents, teachers, relatives, etc. but not by her peers. So naturally she blocked out anything that was not blind and enthusiastic praise and labelled it as bullying or negativity. This is what we're seeing with the situation on Instagram and also with her reaction to feedback by her markers. She's convinced that she can't possibly do something wrong because she's little perfect Ruby who knows so many big words and reads so many books.

Reactions: 19
I re-watched her A-Level results video and honestly got really annoyed with her reaction to getting an A, which has obviously already bled into university, but from GCSE to even in University a reaction like that can be a very quick way to upset/piss off your fellow students/friends, especially if you go on about it for a while as she seems to, because they may have gotten a lower but still very good mark but here’s Ruby to make sure you feel incredibly inferior no matter what grade you could possibly get because that’s what everyone needs in a friend/classmate right?

Reactions: 14
She's 100% one of those "I did soo badly I only got a 95, what did you get? a 60? that's amazing well done" people, she may not like bullies but she lives to make other people feel bad about themselves

• Heart
Reactions: 38

View attachment 655969
I just came on here to post that screenshot - it’s awful! And seeing as we know Ruby deletes comments, HOW can she allow this to stand? It’s also got horrible undertones of MH discrimination, basically suggesting that Molly’s views are invalidated by that. I am SO mad.

Reactions: 14
I just came on here to post that screenshot - it’s awful! And seeing as we know Ruby deletes comments, HOW can she allow this to stand? It’s also got horrible undertones of MH discrimination, basically suggesting that Molly’s views are invalidated by that. I am SO mad.
Yeah agreed, that person is a massive bleep for saying that. Probably one of Ruby’s 12 year old fans

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.