Ruby Granger #12 The Continuing Adventures of Pie-rott and Muriel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just hate how that bed stands in her room and with her head right by the door 😭

Reactions: 26
In no way am I gymnast or anything like that, (I have never done gymnastics, so I'm sorry if this is wrong!) But when she does that front walkover she always looks like she is going to break her back when she comes back up. Did she ever have proper training or is she just self taught?

Reactions: 14
OT but when I was 6 we had to make posters showing what we wanted to be when we grew up, and for some reason I said I wanted to be a waitress. Guess who bleeping smashed that dream 😂😂

Seriously tho, surely when she was still getting therapy this must have come up?? Like no therapist could possibly have missed all this can they, unless she just straight up lied in all her sessions. I wonder whether that's why she stopped - it is true that to get better you have to want to, maybe she just refused to acknowledge she had a problem.
I get the impression she didn't take therapy seriously or treat it the way she needed to. I doubt she was open and honest about most things. It always struck me as something she treated like another box-ticking exercise - six sessions and then she believes she's magically cured of what ails her.

Also, congrats on crushing your dreams like an absolute boss!
There comes a certain point in therapy (if you have a good therapist!) where I think you have to confront probably very uncomfortable things about yourself in order to grow as a person. I don’t know if I can see Ruby having the insight to be able to do that without being defensive and ‘bullied by the therapist!’.
For example, I’ve said it before, but what if the therapist asked her what she was avoiding by spending every hour of her day working when her peers could get the same grades + a good social life? I can imagine Ruby bowing out of therapy at that point.

Reactions: 23
In no way am I gymnast or anything like that, (I have never done gymnastics, so I'm sorry if this is wrong!) But when she does that front walkover she always looks like she is going to break her back when she comes back up. Did she ever have proper training or is she just self taught?
Self-taught, which is probably why her technique is crap and why she tore ligaments in her ankle the last time (and then refused to relax and rest, so it took longer to heal.)

Also, tin foil hat on for a second, but I'm slightly dubious that Insta "gymnastics" footage is even recent. The camera's too far away to judge, and it seems like a convenient "check me out, I'm stronger and healthier than ever!" video to drop after the recent backlash. Would also explain her suddenly dropping that unreleased video from weeks ago when she weighed a little bit more, when in her up to date photos, she's looked so frail that it seems like her neck could snap under the weight of her hair at any moment.

• Wow
Reactions: 26
Incidentally, I may be marking myself out as Too Old For This Bullshit, but how does a dark academia aesthetic even fit into a dissertation?? I understand that it's things like candles and handwriting and dressing a certain way (correct me if I'm wrong!!) and I would love to be enlightened as to what a 'dark academia feel' means in the context of... actual academic writing.
So dark academia (from what I understand from various YT videos) can be about classical literature, studying unusual subjects (think Holmes and his studies on pipe ash), and romanticising both study and moments from life/ the past.

I'm guessing that finding obscure primary sources to answer a question that no-one in the history of mankind has yet posed, travelling to far off libraries to gawp at old books, and writing the most florid prose imaginable ticks all of those boxes.

(Honestly there are so many sub-genres of dark m-acadamia, but I've pulled a Roobes and cherry-picked the points she mentions wanting to focus on in her Notion)

Reactions: 12
So dark academia (from what I understand from various YT videos) can be about classical literature, studying unusual subjects (think Holmes and his studies on pipe ash), and romanticising both study and moments from life/ the past.

I'm guessing that finding obscure primary sources to answer a question that no-one in the history of mankind has yet posed, travelling to far off libraries to gawp at old books, and writing the most florid prose imaginable ticks all of those boxes.

(Honestly there are so many sub-genres of dark m-acadamia, but I've pulled a Roobes and cherry-picked the points she mentions wanting to focus on in her Notion)
It's weird that, despite how much she goes on about it, she's generally so disinterested in the dark academia aesthetic that the most she'll do is wear a plaid dress and light a wonky candle and call it a day. Yet now she apparently needs that 📚DARK MACADEMIA ENERGY📚 to stay interested in her studies. Sounds like she's subconsciously trying to find any reason not to write her dissertation.

OMG She just can't stop. Back to the little kids gymnastics dream. Seriously? Isn't she almost 21 (or maybe already is)? At 21 I was working towards my Masters and working full time. I dated, I drove, I had a car, I was paying off school loans, I paid rent. What the F is she doing? Back to doing cartwheels before succumbing to her fate as a pathetic and incapable university student come fall? What ever happened to learning how to drive? Did that go down the tube too? A little too grown up and responsible for her to handle? She is such a loser.

I immediately took her changing bed sizes and pushing it to the side of the room as acquiring more floor space to exercise in. I have seen anorexic girls do the same....rearrange their furniture so there is a big space in the middle to do situps and other exercises, especially at night after everyone else has gone to bed. Another sneaky twisted way to lose weight behind people's back. Sleeping does not take priority anymore. Center stage goes to having room to work on losing weight. Just another sign of what probably is....

OT but when I was 6 we had to make posters showing what we wanted to be when we grew up, and for some reason I said I wanted to be a waitress. Guess who bleeping smashed that dream 😂😂

Seriously tho, surely when she was still getting therapy this must have come up?? Like no therapist could possibly have missed all this can they, unless she just straight up lied in all her sessions. I wonder whether that's why she stopped - it is true that to get better you have to want to, maybe she just refused to acknowledge she had a problem.
I wonder if she did the same thing I did in a lot of my early therapy sessions- I downplayed a lot of my problems because I didn’t want my therapist to worry about me, and because I didn’t want her to hurt her feelings by making her think she wasn’t helping me. It’s a terrible way to treat therapy and in me rose out of a deep seated need to please everyone. Ruby, if you’re lurking on this thread and did this in the past, please try therapy again and don’t do this, I had it for an eating disorder as well and it only worsened as I forced myself to be perfect for everyone including the person meant to help me. You don’t need to be perfect for everyone or indeed anyone- which I know it’s always annoying to hear- and those who love you would almost certainly have you whole, healthy, and as messy as all humans are, instead of some warped definition of perfect that could led to your death.

Reactions: 15
Anyone want to bet how long it‘s going to take until she injures herself? 🙄 Wish she would
put a disclaimer for her younger audience that gymnastics can be dangerous and no
one should just fling themself as carelessly around as she does.

Reactions: 10
Anyone want to bet how long it‘s going to take until she injures herself? 🙄 Wish she would
put a disclaimer for her younger audience that gymnastics can be dangerous and no
one should just fling themself as carelessly around as she does.
She kept injuring herself last time she was doing gymnastics regularly (or her version of gymnastics) and learned absolutely nothing. I'd say if she's starting up again she's sure to mess herself up as she's also not been eating properly for months, so I'd imagine her muscles and bones aren't going to be fans of her backflipping like a drunk circus clown.

That's if that wasn't just some old footage she pulled off her camera. Ruby, you're going to have to start doing gymnastics while holding a copy of today's newspaper if you want me to believe you!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I decided to look at some of her story highlights on Instagram, she has one called 'bookshops' which is literally just her going 'ooh look at the pretty covers'

She flicks through 'Slated' really aggressively and it stresses me out that she'll bend the cover or something 😂

Also, 'why is every middle grade book so pretty?' Uh, because it's aimed at CHILDREN who are drawn to big beautiful illustrations?

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Thinking back to my undergraduate dissertation, it was a car crash. I was assigned a supervisor who I could tell had her favourites and I was not one of them. I was also suffering with personal issues and so really didn't try hard enough. I remember the supervisor being really savage about my draft that I walked home feeling so defeated. I think it is a lottery as to whether you get a good supervisor or one who just lets rip 😂 Imagine if Ruby got assigned the most fed up, sarcastic supervisor like I was 😬. Again I reckon Ruby will work hard, not smart, she will waste the summer reading but find her first draft gets torn to shreds and I don't think she will cope (I didn't).

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Thinking back to my undergraduate dissertation, it was a car crash. I was assigned a supervisor who I could tell had her favourites and I was not one of them. I was also suffering with personal issues and so really didn't try hard enough. I remember the supervisor being really savage about my draft that I walked home feeling so defeated. I think it is a lottery as to whether you get a good supervisor or one who just lets rip 😂 Imagine if Ruby got assigned the most fed up, sarcastic supervisor like I was 😬. Again I reckon Ruby will work hard, not smart, she will waste the summer reading but find her first draft gets torn to shreds and I don't think she will cope (I didn't).
This is where the dark academia side of things will come into play.

When Ruby offers up her plan to trawl the dusty archive rooms of universities all over the country in search of primary research for her dissertation on the subtextual complexities of Anne Shirley's hat, she'll be laughed out of her tutor's office and warned to come up with something that makes sense and doesn't sound like the ravings of a lunatic.

But Ruby will claim there's more to this bullying injustice than meets the eye! She clearly stumbled onto a university secret society, who're hell-bent on keeping her from uncovering the secret cottagecore manuscripts she was bound to find!

They only told her that her dissertation ideas were intensely stupid to dissuade her from uncovering their secrets. It had nothing to do with her being an indescribable moron with incoherent ideas.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I agree with you all about the dissertation topic. It's ridiculous of her not wanting to look into secondary literature - but, tbh, I'm not quite so sure if she knows the difference between these two ... She sounds like someone who's been spoiled to death, never experienced failure and everyone told her how beautiful and clever and unique she is. Of course you should tell people they're special and so on, but it's incredibly dangerous to spoil someone like that. Not only for Ruby herself but also for others who meet her and experience narcisstic behaviour. She's ruined for life if she doesn't wake up sooner or later.
It feels cringey reading her fans weird posts like this one:

View attachment 649609
.... all self praise here. Is this normal?

Reactions: 13
She gets such weird comments lol. What does this even mean 🤣
Screenshot 2021-07-06 at 08.50.24.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 62
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.