Ruby Granger #12 The Continuing Adventures of Pie-rott and Muriel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s posted about food twice in her stories this morning. You’d think she would have the good sense to tone it down, but no. I guess everyone is giving her the attention she wants (including me lol)

• Sick
Reactions: 17
What's sadder is that for spending all her waking hours being "productive" she's never realised most of that time is needless busywork.

She's also not improved at anything she puts pride and value in in all the years she's been doing them.

Her productivity skills are shockingly bad. She hasn't streamlined them or learned to use her time more efficiently at all since her Hermione days. It's all needless lists, planners and redundant time-wasting. Everything's a box-ticking exercise.

As a reader, her interests are just as narrow and immature as ever, and even then she barely reads. She skims, skips, or just outright lies about reading things. The only things she does read were written for the mind of an infant.

As a writer she's supposedly been writing every day for years but Erimentha was the first and only thing she published. She's failed to capitalise on the boom of YouTuber/BookTuber books getting released and also hasn't self-published anything either.

As a YouTuber, she hasn't grown at all. Her filmmaking and editing skills have not improved in 6 years. Her content ideas and the delivery of them are the same as when she started her channel. She's made zero effort to grow her channel or expand her viewership.

As an entrepreneur, she's atrocious. Her store is barely stocked, missing obvious product ideas and trades entirely on bland, cheaply-made, overpriced crap nobody needs. Today she added her first new product in a year. It was designed by someone else.

As a student she's succeded largely on the low standards of her university, but university has an end date and her grades won't mean anything in the real world.

Her language skills have only deteriorated over time - her uni grades seem to have given her added confidence to the point she uses words incorrectly on every level, more often than ever, without questioning herself or double-checking.

Socially, she's only regressed, and she wasn't the most outgoing and likeable person to begin with.

Is there anything at all she hasn't completely half-assed, or achieved purely by virtue of privilege and luck?
English exe student here who has friends who have interacted with Ruby lmao. I wanted to say that the marking standards for English here are very subjective but everyone I know on my course has found it brutal and no one I know has grades like Ruby’s. Idk where this idea that we’re all having an easy time at Exeter came from but I can assure u that is not the case, we’re suffering as always lmao.

• Wow
Reactions: 35
Mina Rome is a Youtuber as well, I think her videos even do better than Ruby's. At the very least she's blessed by the algorithm because they pop up all the time in my recommended and I don't even follow her. I've watched a couple, she's vegan and her recipes seem pretty creative.
I've been following Mina for a while now and I think she and Ruby are internet friends? If I remember correctly, a few videos ago she used some products that were sent to her by Ruby.

Reactions: 1
English exe student here who has friends who have interacted with Ruby lmao. I wanted to say that the marking standards for English here are very subjective but everyone I know on my course has found it brutal and no one I know has grades like Ruby’s. Idk where this idea that we’re all having an easy time at Exeter came from but I can assure u that is not the case, we’re suffering as always lmao.
Oooh what did your friends say about their interactions with Ruby? How is it to be on a course/ in seminars with her?

Reactions: 16
Oooh what did your friends say about their interactions with Ruby? How is it to be on a course/ in seminars with her?
There was a pretty memorable moment in first year when she whipped out a quill and ink in a lecture but apart from that she’s just this really small quiet girl. She always sits at the front right in the middle and stays to talk to the lecturers afterwards. And if someone swears or says anything she thinks is inappropriate she won’t talk to them again lol. And she does contribute a lot in seminars, I’ve never seen her interrupt a lecture though

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 69
There was a pretty memorable moment in first year when she whipped out a quill and ink in a lecture but apart from that she’s just this really small quiet girl. She always sits at the front right in the middle and stays to talk to the lecturers afterwards. And if someone swears or says anything she thinks is inappropriate she won’t talk to them again lol. And she does contribute a lot in seminars, I’ve never seen her interrupt a lecture though
Whipped out a quill and ink 😭 that is incredible

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Does she wear her boater hat to lectures? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 17
The vagueness is so strange, I really don’t want to straight up accuse her of lying about bullying but all of her depictions of bullying are just so unrealistic.
It’s like her ‘a day in the life of someone being bullied video’ as well, it just seems like what someone who has never really experienced bullying would think bullying is.
Also I’m bringing this back because I find it so funny, like if she cares about bullying so much why would she include this in her other video? It just makes it comical.
View attachment 655824
I agree. Regarding Ruby's book, there is nothing inherently wrong with depicting bullying, even unrealistic, childlike representations of it (obviously limited to a certain extent). However, I find it problematic that she chooses to represent and discuss her book as an autobiography of her childhood because it conveys the message that she was the victim of severe, abusive bullying. If she was, I truly empathize with her and hope that she seeks professional help. Childhood trauma like that is a serious b*tch. If she wasn't, it would make this book deeply disturbing and insulting to individuals who did experience bullying in the way she described it.

Reactions: 5
Another food post on her stories, it feels a bit performative to me especially after the recent events. I've went back to a few old videos and her portions were small before but were better than now. It's worrying how much weight she's lost and I'm hoping she isn't influencing her viewers. She has always seemed to link her meals to productivity, in a few old study days she would take ten minutes for lunch or just eat at the desk as she worked.

She's looking thin in the clothes videos on her stories, I don't know if it's her hair being down that's making her face look thinner , and that boater does her no favours, she's the school girl equivalent of Miss Haversham holding onto her childhood.

• Angry
Reactions: 11
As much as I'm sure Molly could do without the drama of an internet beef, a big part of me hopes she makes a video outing Ruby for the toxic snake she is and goes for the throat.
I mean she pretty much already did that, Taylor Swift style. Making a vague post while making sure her followers were going to connect the dots and relying on them to go after Ruby en masse after seeing it without her having to outright ask them to.

I wish she had had the balls to go all out instead of being passive aggressive and counting on plausible deniability in case she gets a backlash over it.

Reactions: 9
Thread name suggestion: Ruby Granger #13: ”Super clever literary bunny”, so pretentious it’s no longer funny.
…I mean that’s not super funny either, but it’s too hot to think here 🥵

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Quill and ink? Oh sweet Jesus...

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Do you know if anyone has ever asked her about her YouTube channel?

Reactions: 7
Loved how Rubes is back on form mispronouncing words. In one of her Trainline videos, she says "pro-verb" instead of proverb

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.