Ruby Granger #12 The Continuing Adventures of Pie-rott and Muriel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ffs we do not need to be normalising meal plans?? Unless you’ve been told to go on a meal plan by your doctor or dietician, you’re some sort of athlete or you’re trying to do it to improve your health/eating, you literally don’t need one.
Idk if it was anyone else releasing this maybe I wouldn’t say that, but bc it’s her it just feels so bleeping unhealthy and ridiculous to promote this.
Are meal planners that common? Is there even a demand?!

I had to plan my meals in my anorexia recovery (literally wrote in a blank notebook, none of this aesthetic tit)which I had to do to show my dietician and psychiatrist.
I wouldn’t recommend it frankly, because it might mean you become fixated rather than eat intuitively. Bad idea, Ruby.

Reactions: 6
Beat me too it 😂

It's like she's just trolling us at this point 😂

I've never understood why someone like Ruby would ever need to plan meals... It's not like she's athletic or does any form of intense sport.

And she won't be meal planning to help her eat because she has an eating disorder, because she would never admit that.

Like who is this anal about planning everything, even down to what they eat? I do intense exercise and yet I don't need to plan my meals or anything really, a person who is serious about meal plans does meal prep instead (IMO).
I plan meals in order to know what I need to buy for the week and not waste any money or food by buying stuff I won't need. However I'm not usually super meticulous, sometimes I just write "pasta with something" or "meat and vegetables" and then buy whatever kind of vegetable or meat is on sale or make pasta with what I have in the fridge lol

Also I just do it on my phone or on a random piece of paper. No way I'm wasting money on a meal planner

Reactions: 22
I looked over this Mina Rome's Youtube - she gets consistently more viewers than Ruby. At a glance, her content seems much better on every level, too. I am baffled why she'd collab with Ruby on something like this, other than she just didn't want to sort out stationery manufacture for her own store and this was easier. At first I thought they might be repped by the same management/PR team, but Mina has nothing to do with Sixteenth from the look of it. Baffled.

Reactions: 13
The best thing? Ruby didn't even design this. Ruby had to commission someone else with healthy eating habits to make it, because she couldn't be trusted to do it herself, or has no concept of what a healthy meal planner would look like.

Even then, I don't think it's a great design and doesn't justify its existence with the example photos. Why would you be putting 'recipes to make one day' on a planner you'll be tearing off and throwing away at the end of the week? So I'd have to copy all my recipe ideas from each week's planner to another planner/notebook? Get the duck outta here with this redundant busywork bullshit.

Another example provided for a great use of the note section is to 'keep track of what you already have in'; I'm supposed to keep an inventory of my entire kitchen on this bleeping thing?? Who even needs this? Just make a blank, all-purpose planner in a variety of designs and 'aesthetics.'

So this planner is designed by someone called Mina Rome. Who is that? Well, if you were finding the planner through her Pumpkin Productivity store, you'd have zero idea - there's no mention of her full name or link to her channel/site. You have to somehow recognise Mina from her face/first name. Great work, Ruby! She's mentioned by her full name and linked and credited on the Pumpkin Productivity Insta though, right? Nahhhh. The only link to Mina's profile is in Ruby’s personal insta story, which will be gone in a day.

Mina seems to have her own established store/brand already, so I have no idea what she would gain hitching her wagon to someone as toxic as Ruby, but I hope she had a lawyer draw up a contract to make sure she gets paid for sales. Ruby would absolutely do everything she could to get out of paying money to a contractor/contributor. Like "You don't need money, you'll get paid in exposure! (Makes it impossible to find Mina's store/profile in every store page.)"
Mina Rome is a Youtuber as well, I think her videos even do better than Ruby's. At the very least she's blessed by the algorithm because they pop up all the time in my recommended and I don't even follow her. I've watched a couple, she's vegan and her recipes seem pretty creative.

Reactions: 5
Oh god, it’s a whole-ass poetry recital complete with eyebrow waggling and head-shaking 😂🤦
Hi all, first time poster, longtime lurker!

Is it just me, or is something...off...about her face in these? I'm not sure if it's the filter casting a shadow over the effect weight loss has had on her features or what. But I swear to god, her face bleeping morphs with every image she posts.

Reactions: 8
Just doing some internet nosing and found Ruby’s old askfm she hasn’t used in a while, think she used to have it linked in her video descriptions… idk if people have shared it on here before but a few errrr interesting posts 🤣 forgive the dodgy collages
830F4F12-819B-41CB-8EDA-12A21054BB50.jpeg
512CE822-E046-435B-93E1-610C3EA5E57F.jpeg
EB18E54D-B61A-44FE-91FD-861FF5661A0C.jpeg
29284CEA-E7C4-4126-86FC-231EFF7A4C21.jpeg
A562A016-1974-413E-9038-4763CB44AC75.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
Oh god, it’s a whole-ass poetry recital complete with eyebrow waggling and head-shaking 😂🤦
I cant put my finger on why she looks so different here, she almost looks like a deep fake of herself. Her GCSE acting skills kill me, always reminds me of curtis and AJ in hollyoaks "what did mum say?" "probably to stop whinging" (pls someone tell me they know what I mean because it's all I can see when she's reading)

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Honestly such a weird ad for ruby to have on her insta story, seems like she'll take anything...

Like does she think her audience are unaware of what a train is?

I bet she thinks trains are so 'romantic' and 'victorian', when actually (atleast in Scotland) they are a cheapish shitey way to get around.

Screenshot_20210709-191718.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Just doing some internet nosing and found Ruby’s old askfm she hasn’t used in a while, think she used to have it linked in her video descriptions… idk if people have shared it on here before but a few errrr interesting posts 🤣 forgive the dodgy collages View attachment 655368View attachment 655369View attachment 655370View attachment 655371View attachment 655372
so off topic but 'THEE most bigoted white feminists of all time'? tf? did she commit some genocide i wasn't aware of? why are girls forced to trash and destroy any imperfect women they like, but it's okay if guys pushed by the media are flawed?

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I cant put my finger on why she looks so different here, she almost looks like a deep fake of herself. Her GCSE acting skills kill me, always reminds me of curtis and AJ in hollyoaks "what did mum say?" "probably to stop whinging" (pls someone tell me they know what I mean because it's all I can see when she's reading)
Oh god this is the most accurate comparison I've ever seen 😂 that scene with Curtis and AJ was so bleeping cringe, 100% Ruby's level of acting

Reactions: 2
Someone may already have mentioned this, but to me it is obvious what's going on with Ruby and her weight loss. It's a pretty well-known trick in theater/acting for an actor to lose a lot of weight in order to get younger acting parts, or to be able to continue to stay acting in younger roles. My guess is that Ruby is losing weight in order to continue to look young, and in that way, be able to continue to create the young content she is known for (and keep her huge following), even though she's getting older. That YT content is her bread & butter, so to speak! ;)
Thing is, her weight loss does the opposite. She’s really aged facially because she looks so gaunt…

1) Oh Jesus the ACTING
2) Some truth bombs dropping in that old askfm, eh Roobs?

but most importantly

3) WHY WAS SHE JUST SITTING IN A BATH TUB IN THAT NO FRIENDS VIDEO!?

Honestly such a weird ad for ruby to have on her insta story, seems like she'll take anything...

Like does she think her audience are unaware of what a train is?

I bet she thinks trains are so 'romantic' and 'victorian', when actually (atleast in Scotland) they are a cheapish shitey way to get around.

View attachment 655405
Oh great, another ad.

Gotta love Trainline's logic. "Who should we pay to advertise the joys of travelling the UK using our train company? Oh, I know! The girl who only leaves her house to frolic in fields and is chauffeured everywhere in her parents' car!"

Stop giving her money!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.