Ruby Granger #12 The Continuing Adventures of Pie-rott and Muriel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
she will not get into oxford for post grad. They want someone with actual personality and can use language properly, yes Ruby gets higher marks but she can’t think that critically. She is making a mistake by applying and not just working for a bit enjoying reading etc but she will never listen
Her school (I’ve mentioned before I know it quite well) is a nicer one in the area but not like the most prestigious one that she could have gone. She probably hates her parents for not letting her go to a school where she can board like in Harry Potter 😂
This! You have to submit three writing samples to Oxford when you apply for post-grad. They'll sniff her out, because she seems to make the same mistakes in all her work from the feedback she reads out. They'll also see that she doesn't follow and implement said feedback lmao.

She also definitely needs a break. Oxford would 10/10 ruin her if she goes straight from Exeter.

What school is this? I'm super new here and haven't managed to read through all the threads cause there's just so much!

Reactions: 11
Ruby Granger Routine Video Bingo!

true (1).png

Get yours made before the video goes up! I went with some obvious choices for mine but took some big swings to make things interesting - will she go for the cottagecore title, or has she moved on now she's back in the land of Dark Macademia? Will we finally see vermin in the house? Does she even have the energy to twirl anymore? Will she horrifically injure herself? Anything's possible!

(Site note: All online bingo card generators suck ass. I used BingoBaker.com for this one, and that was the best of a bad bunch.)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
sorry rubes but aesthetic is not a descriptive word - she wishes she was in the queens gambit so bad View attachment 650271
I don't know why she thinks that shirt with the magnifying glass and the "curious" logo somehow represents her. She's not curious about the world AT ALL!!! She just hides from it as much as she possibly can and refuses to venture further than her doorstep.

Reactions: 26
She is getting paler and more stupid by the minute. Literally disappearing from the world, as her mind shrinks into oblivion. I have no words on her idiocy.

There it is. The one true "aesthetic" that you are queen of, Ruby. Being an imbecile. Checkmate.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I can't get over the use of "aesthetic". Is it that hard to say "aesthetically pleasing" or any other adjective???? please Ruby I'm begging you to stop you're an ENGLISH LIT student you should know this. Also, v pleased to announce that to my own surprise got a 7 in English Lang and Lit! (Feel threatened Roobs I'm overtaking you :devilish:)

• Heart
Reactions: 30

For those interested...

At 2:28 she pours tea in the daytime during her nighttime routine video

At 2:41 it's nighttime again!

At 2:47 daytime again!

At 2:59 she "takes a sip" of tea. You cant sit here and tell me that she actually took a sip! It looks so fake and that's she's only doing it for the camera.

Look I don't give a tit whether she took a sip or not. It's the fake preformative "aesthetic" way she acts in her video that annoys me. Just stop Ruby. Try and be a little more authentic. You look stupid and lazy
You know, I watched this thinking "lmao k" but....that sip??? Why is she basically waving the cup around??????

Reactions: 5
Other's have probably already noticed it but I just saw the recent gymnastics post is gone. I wonder how many people it took to voice genuine concern for her (because I saw two comments) before she deleted it.

Reactions: 4
is she showing off in her latest ig story about her hair?
She's unveiling the wavy hair - the latest step in her ongoing mission to transform herself into Blakeney.

Other's have probably already noticed it but I just saw the recent gymnastics post is gone. I wonder how many people it took to voice genuine concern for her (because I saw two comments) before she deleted it.
Me adding "Bad Yoga" to my routine video bingo card feels like a bad bet already.

Ahh, who am I kidding? She doesn't give a tit about safety or setting a good example; she'll probably throw herself down the stairs backwards and call it a highly recommended yoga move.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
The gymnastics post is gone from her grid, but you can still see it in her reels - same as the yellow dress one! But the thigh gap checking video seems to be forever gone. Good riddance.

Also congrats @studyttubingbetoxictho on your English 7!!!

Reactions: 3
I watched Molly's latest video and it couldn't be more of a contrast to Ruby's recent readathon video.

Molly's readathon video:

A clear, honest title. ("My first readathon." - Video contains Molly's first readathon.)
Competent editing.
Likeable, unpretentious personality and manner of speaking.
Uses words that exist, with proper context and pronunciation.
Reads lengthy books aimed at adults.
No focus on hitting arbitrary book targets. (Molly is very clear and honest upfront that she'll read for the enjoyment of reading, switch books if she gets bored and isn't likely to finish any/all of them.)
Has interesting, articulate things to say about the books she reads.
Promotes healthy habits (reading, eating, self-care.)

Ruby's readathon video:

Title full of lies ("Reading 7 books in a day - cosy university readathon" - Ruby doesn't read 7 books and is on break from university. The cosiness is debatable.)
Incompetent editing. (Incapable of speaking a complete, unedited sentence.)
Awkward, pretentious and generally robotic delivery.
Mispronounces many words, invents many others.
Reads children's books, very short books or short stories.
Turns reading into a competition, which she has to lie and change the rules to win. (Ruby claims to read 7 complete books. These include short stories, very short books and many books she just didn't finish. She brags about her accomplishments anyway.)
Only offers bland, surface-level or completely incoherent insight into the books she reads.
Promotes unhealthy habits (reading as a box-ticking exercise, encouraging quantity over quality/enjoyment when reading, lying to achieve your goals, and encourages burning candles at 45 degree angles and possibly burning your house down.)

The only disadvantage to Molly's video is that she's adopted Ruby's 'reading while brushing teeth' habit, which is ridiculous by itself, but Molly does it after just putting on a lovely yellow dress and risking drooling toothpaste all over the book and dress.

Ruby's video, however, is an unmitigated shitshow of lies and incompetence. So, a clear win for Molly.
I just noticed that Molly has now changed the title from 'My first readathon' to 'my first readathon! 📚 enjoyment above "productivity"'

That seems directly aimed at Ruby and toxic studytuber productivity. Get her, queen! #teammolly

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
I looked up 'The Willoughbys' on common sense media, and it's recommended for children aged NINE plus. She is literally reading books for nine year olds.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I looked up 'The Willoughbys' on common sense media, and it's recommended for children aged NINE plus. She is literally reading books for nine year olds.
What does she even find in them? Wouldn't you be bored only reading books aimed at very young kids? Evidently she doesn't feel the need to be challenged intellectually.

Reactions: 16
What does she even find in them? Wouldn't you be bored only reading books aimed at very young kids? Evidently she doesn't feel the need to be challenged intellectually.
Yeah this is what I don't get. Those books are amazing to read when you're a child, but it's a bit like playing make believe with lego - it loses its appeal. I think she has major issues and doesn't want to grow up because there's no way you'd be reading this stuff for pleasure otherwise.

Reactions: 17

6:32 a wild Ruby appears

(Not me watching lookbooks from 2 years ago when I should be studying international law)

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I just noticed that Molly has now changed the title from 'My first readathon' to 'my first readathon! 📚 enjoyment above "productivity"'

That seems directly aimed at Ruby and toxic studytuber productivity. Get her, queen! #teammolly
Yeah I just watched it last night and wondered if that was aimed at Rubes. If so, that friendship took a sour turn very quickly!

Reactions: 21
Yeah I just watched it last night and wondered if that was aimed at Rubes. If so, that friendship took a sour turn very quickly!
Ruby's still following her on social media, so maybe she's blithely unaware that Molly sees her as problematic? Ruby's never been good at reading the room

Reactions: 21
I'm glad that Molly seems to have distanced herself from Ruby. I was pretty shocked that she was hanging out with her in the first place, given how triggering Ruby's content/eating habits are and how much healthier Molly's overall outlook on the world is. She strikes me as someone who likes to see the best in people, so maybe it took a while for her to decide enough is enough.

Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.