Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ilaariaa

VIP Member
I bet there is a massive temper tantrum going on in the Granger household mommy people bullying me again help me delete all these horrible messages saying I'm to skinny
Man I wish I could be a fly on the wall in Ruby's bedroom. Or a dead one on her desk

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Does anyone else wonder what Jade must think of this all? Didn’t they meet up recently? Surely she would have seen how scarily ill Ruby looks
Jade's too preoccupied with embracing and appreciating the ✨ CASUAL MAGIC✨ of morning porridge or the kaleidoscope of colours seen in a traffic light to notice something as trivial as Ruby wasting away to nothing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46

margodays

The fact is there are many different ways to be intelligent, and there are many different ways to be dumb. Ruby can be both. All of us can. I know I am both intelligent and stupid in various ways, you all will be too. I am not surprised in the slightest that she's getting consistently high marks considering it's her whole life. I don't understand why people don't think she deserves her grades, you may dislike her but you can't deny the effort she puts in, however much of that is over the top and fussy and time inefficient. Ruby is intelligent. She's getting better grades than most of us. But we know this is because she has a seemingly very poor life balance. I know someone has said in regards to essay writing that being able to edit and write out other peoples opinions isn't exceptionally clever, but actually it is. This is why it's a degree. It's a valuable life skill and something many people use in their careers. It's also just one type of intelligence, sure. Ruby isn't flexible, but actually synthesising arguments from other people and communicating effectively in terms of structure and eloquence is hard. I feel like people are becoming blinded by hatred of her and are doing mental gymnastics to explain why nothing she does has any value (like her grades) which isn't just a bit too far, but also is insulting to the rest of us who study her degree and go to her university.

I'm mostly just glad students from Exeter have been given a chance to defend themselves and their universities reputation. I'm personally getting a bit sick of hearing people tell us literature students who don't go to Oxbridge that we have it easy and the way we are assessed and graded isn't valuable. It's just feeding this ridiculous stereotype that English Literature is an easy subject and has no use in the real world.

Rant over lol

• Heart
Reactions: 45

snom4444

Quick recap for anyone who didn't want to watch!

1625419751600.png

Excuse the weird screenshot - taken from 32 seconds into the video. I was going to pick a couple of these words to talk about - only a couple of them are particularly uncommon, but there's just too much to unpack here (especially the first three, holy shit)

At the beginning of the video, she says that she would like to write a dissertation about Victorian children's literature, 'Emily Dickinson's handwritten manuscripts', or 'boy actors in Shakespearean original productions' (all direct quotes, excuse me while I scream into the void), because these are the things that she's 'really, really interested in'. However, she also wants to keep in mind the masters' program that she's planning to do (has she mentioned this in other videos?)

Attempts to narrow down dissertation topic for the morning included writing down pros-and-cons lists of why she's interested in each of the topics, and additionally reading more into the masters' programs that she's interested in (clip at 2:56-ish for anyone interested in pausing to read)

List of 'What I'm Looking for in my Dissertation' at 4:55, for anyone interested in pausing - including highlights such as 'dark academia feel' and 'new and original'. She clicks on a list named 'Dissertation Topic Ideas' but then cuts out the clip before you can see what's on the page - bad editing? decision to not share? and then mentions her three primary topics of interest as being 'Victorian letter writing, Girlhood in Jacobean England, and Alice in Wonderland in relation to writing children's books'. Shout-out to all the Tattlers who absolutely called it.

Decides she doesn't want to focus on Emily Dickinson, which is apparently what she's spent her entire degree wanting to write, but had a change of heart.

While doing internship work - reads out the phrase 'so you will have to be content with English still [dearheart?], with my old, worn, English words' and then repeats the phrase 'old, worn English words' with 'how lovely is that?'

Not a great deal else in the vlog, imo. Cinematic music (I watched this on 1.75x, which made the soundtrack a lot more entertaining - the music around 8 minutes in sounded pretty great sped up, for the 0 people who were wondering), candles, lots of food shots as mentioned before.

Unrelated to the video, but sending much love to everyone on the thread struggling with EDs. One day at a time, you can get through this. Best wishes and support from a fellow ED sufferer <3

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44

gossip_guy

VIP Member

"This weekly stress tracker, printed in a calming green..."

"Calming green"? Jesus, just looking at that triggers my anxiety. It's like being beaten in the face with a big sockful of Altoid tins. It's a minty assault on the senses.

Key cause of stress this week: The sight of this damn thing.

Gonna need an extra stress tracker just to deal with the stress of looking at this stress tracker.

That's some 'Michael Gambon as Dumbledore'-ass definition of the word "calm" right there.

(Also there is no Saturday or Sunday on this weekly stress planner. Apparently human beings are incapable of stress on the weekend?)

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 44

emmer_moans

VIP Member
Jade's too preoccupied with embracing and appreciating the ✨ CASUAL MAGIC✨of morning porridge or the kaleidoscope of colours seen in a traffic light to notice something as trivial as Ruby wasting away to nothing.
Jade gets on my nerves in terms of her attitude and behaviour but I will say in her favour that she shows you can be vegan and look healthy, and her posts don’t centre her food a lot, so she’s not a bad influence to kids on that topic.

• Heart
Reactions: 43

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Screenshot_20210703-083340_Chrome.jpg

Unless she's ditched veganism for fish and chips, her new alternative to posting triggering images of her food is apparently to just show other people's food instead? Just stop posting images of food! It's not hard!

• Heart
Reactions: 43

figgypud

Chatty Member
She wants her dissertation to "have a dark academia feel so I can get really excited about it" - aesthetic should NOT be playing a part in this decision, Ruby.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
Late recap, but better late than never:

- She is wasting her summer break preparing for her dissertation
- Probably not taking a year abroad
- Camping trip w/Blakeney
- Moved her bookclub to Discord, still doesn't give a fuck
- Posting more and more ED-triggering content, so Molly unfollowed her. Also her followers get worried about her.
- Decorated her and Blakeney's flat in Exeter, removed Blakeney's fridge magnets because of Ruby's crappy a e s t h e t i c s (Blakeney, remember, if you need help, codeword is "pikelet"!)
- Mispronouncing words at its finest (we all love Muriel and Pie-rott, alamac too <3)
- Googling "ketchup calories" #ketchupgate
- 7 books in one day readathon, ignorance still not cured
- Remeber kids, reading tea packet is +1 for your GoodReads score
- Met with Jade
- Colonialism or Victorian aesthetic? There is no difference.
- THAT FUCKING BOATER IS NOT DEAD YET
- Posting weird OOTD, broken leg pose

• Heart

gossip_guy

VIP Member
I’m new to the ruby Molly drama so sorry if this has been answered, but how do we know that they aren’t friends anymore? Seems like Molly has just unfollowed, maybe they had a private discussion
Molly made a point of saying unfollowing toxic people online and in real life was a power move and the key to maintaining good mental health. Emphasis was on the "and real life" part. Could still be a general statement, but it seemed very telling considering the reason for her posting it.

God, this new video is just the epitome of Ruby laziness. There's not even a lot of fun cringe, it's just lazy and pathetic.

This is a video that was filmed weeks ago and should've been uploaded as part of her weekly "university" vlogs, but she clearly didn't think it was worth it then, and has now thrown it online just to fill a gap in her upload schedule.

Naturally, the title of the video barely reflects the content. Ruby apparently believes that wearing her plaid dress thing it all it takes to meet the criteria of being a dark academia video.

Yeah, that's not how you approach an academic endeavor like a thesis, Ruby. An aesthetic is fine to decide your fashion style or your room decor. For anything else you need to move on from it and make decisions like a sensible adult
Yeah, this is some of the most backwards-ass, idiotic "planning" from her in a long time.

"I'm choosing my topic based on what I think I'll enjoy." Don't do that. Choose your topic based on what you think you can write a more interesting and well-supported argument for in your dissertation. You may adore Victorian children's literature, but how much you enjoy reading it doesn't mean a thing academically if you have nothing to say about it. And now she's wasting time writing pro and con lists about what she likes about each subjects instead of brainstorming thesis arguments and ideas. The queen of productivity, everyone.

For research, she wants to look at real documents and ideally, wants to travel to see them to gather primary research (although I'm unclear what "primary research" means in her mind.) What purpose does that serve, other than being a superficial waste of time, money and effort? Almost any meaningful research required for an undergrad dissertation can be found archived online or acquired through the library. Planning a globe-trotting excursion around the UK to look at letters and books (during the third wave of a pandemic, no less) makes no sense. And I don't exactly have an abundance of faith in Ruby's ability to source and compile meaningful primary research considering her feedback on previous essays was "stop making sweeping generalisations about supporting research" and "stop cramming random shit in the footnotes."

You can tell she's really aiming for a publishable work for her dissertation and is looking at Masters-level research techniques, but considering Ruby's usual planning, standard of work and her clear 'aesthetics first' approach, that's going to backfire massively. In the immortal words of TLC: "Don't go chasing waterfalls. Please stick to the rivers and the lakes that you're used to." Remember what happened last time you tried to go off and do something ambitious? You ended up crying on the internet over a 2:2. Don't be stupid.

"This book was so expensive...it was £25!" Ruby, I've said it before, I'll say it again: Going out of your way to act like you aren't ridiculously wealthy isn't endearing and doesn't make you relatable. It's just transparent and fake. Just say "I bought this book." Boom. Done.

"I'm going to do a tonne of reading and research at Waterstones." Oh, god. Ruby has the entirety of Exeter Uni's library available to her (and this would've been more "Dark Academia", too) but she chose Waterstones as her research hub of operations. I'm sure it has nothing to do with being able to sit out in public and look "productive" for the everyday peasants to see. In the uni library, everyone's there to study (and likely doing it better than Ruby) but at Waterstones, she's a big fish in a small pond (in her mind, anyway.) Superficial aesthetics over substance yet again.

And she's already compiling a list of projects she can do instead of a dissertation, so her interest is already waning. Umm, do they even let you do that? I know for English Lit, my having to do a dissertation was pretty set in stone, the only lee-way was the subject we got to choose.

And of course, no mask in public (before she got vaccinated, too) until she makes a show of putting one on to leave Waterstones. Ruby, you've just been sat maskless for ages in an enclosed room with other people. Putting a mask on to leave the room is worthless. You'd already be neck-deep in the 'rona. You're a clown. Wait, did she just leave Waterstones, to film the outside of Waterstones, just to go back into Waterstones. What the hell is this editing? Did she go into a different Waterstones? God, this is like a David Lynch film. Why is there repeated footage of her holding up that Shakespeare Motley book?

Ah, finally, we're at Exeter Library! Oh. We're gone again. So...in this "Daily University Vlog" about planning and researching for a dissertation, there's exactly zero footage at the university. For a "dark academia" video, where university libraries are a given, there's exactly one frame of the Exeter Library sign, and that wasn't even the university library, it was the public library. Just give up, Ruby. Making video content is not your calling.

Wait, she focused on the Shakespeare book twice, but she didn't buy it because she wanted to buy a book when she went book shopping with Blakeney later in the week? In what sane person's mind does this make sense? "I could buy the book now and read and enjoy it right away, or I could wait several days, then buy it for the exact same price then." We know money's not an issue. This is very clearly "I want to be doing the exact same thing Blakeney does. If she buys a book and I don't, she'll have beaten me. The balance in our lives will have shifted." She's completely insane.

And "pah-prika"? What's with the hard emphasis on "pah" and the weird pause before "prika"? It's a single word, you dolt, and it's pronounced "puhprika."

Oh, of course, lots of prolonged shots of her eating tiny portions. God, Ruby, just return to the sea, you barnacle.

• Haha
  • Heart

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
I... what...? She’s just posted a picture of her with a ‘I’ve just had my first covid vaccine’ sticker, I feel like it’s pretty obvious what this commenter was asking?
9CFFC760-EB45-4E48-A76E-271F5EE59233.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 40

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Do we actually know around how rich Daddy Bones is? One thing is not looking super rich - their house looks like a gross cave and I wouldn't want to live there even if I was paid to do that. Add to that the complete lack of style or class. But maybe they're richer than we thought?
Rich enough to own the house, but not rich enough to hire a butler and maid. It's probably why Ruby yearns for the 19th Century so much - she's pining for a time when slavery was still legal and they could just buy some poor child for cheap at auction to clean their filthy kitchen. They sure as hell won't clean it themselves.

Whatever happened to the Q&A she was supposed to be doing with Marfa?

Honestly, this girl is the biggest bullshitter I’ve seen. Why does she have to pretend to be into everything that would be deemed intellectual?! Makes me cringe so much. Only thing you’re good at Ruby is acting like a tit.
Weird how she's done 3,931 different daily/evening routines and not once did she play chess with her family. Almost like everything she says is complete bullshit.

How hard is it to just say "I watched Queen's Gambit (or occasionally peeked out at the screen from behind a cushion as the adult content scared me) and it made chess seem like such a fascinating game, so I've started leaning to play!" Instead it has to be a competition of interest or accomplishment with her. "I've always done this. I do this 100 times a day!" What a cretin.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 39