Ruby Granger #12 The Continuing Adventures of Pie-rott and Muriel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I always find that Ruby limits herself in all her interests - whether it's on purpose or not. She suddenly likes camping, okay... but doesn't do it without parental supervision and/or outside of her own backyard. She suddenly gets interested in Victorian social history, okay... but doesn't reach out to any history-based YouTubers for collaborations or show a wider understanding of the context in which the majority of that social history applies. She loves books, great... but will make a beeline towards YA and children's books whenever possible. I could go on. Her definitions of her interests are so rigid, there really isn't room for much creativity or nuance.

Reactions: 36
Don’t know if this has been posted already but is this Ruby’s Pinterest? (Or just under her name)?? She’s pinned a lot of thinspo in her health board.
just to clarify YES this is Ruby’s real Pinterest. And yes. Seeing all those thin Instagram model girls on her health board is a bit depressing (as you’d think she’d be intelligent enough to understand genetics, social media not being reality etc) but not really surprising.

Reactions: 15
Somehow she even turns the "vaccinated" sign into a bodycheck. Ugh
Yup. She could've just posted the second picture, but had to have the bodycheck.

Having her hair pulled back only accentuates how gaunt and skeletal she looks. I'm sure she did this intentionally to look skinnier, but she just looks on the verge of death. I've seen terminal cancer patients who looked healthier.

Reactions: 2
just to clarify YES this is Ruby’s real Pinterest. And yes. Seeing all those thin Instagram model girls on her health board is a bit depressing (as you’d think she’d be intelligent enough to understand genetics, social media not being reality etc) but not really surprising.
To be fair I feel really bad for her and for everyone else who struggles with their body image to the point of developing an eating disorder and harming themselves. Comparing yourself to others, always feeling like you're inferior and hating yourself is extremely painful.
But I just wish she were more mature, smart and caring about it. She has seen the impact her actions have on others, even on someone she considers a friend like Molly. She's old enough to take a step back and see that the situation is getting out of hand and that she needs a) help, and b) to take responsibility for the content she makes money off of.

Reactions: 14
I can picture Ruby been in the pub tonight complaining there's a lack of vegan food so just ordering a side of vegetables annoying everyone at the table who are trying to watch the football by telling them the history of football and the euros but getting it all jumbled up until someone sees sense and gives her a child's colouring set

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Yup. She could've just posted the second picture, but had to have the bodycheck.

Having her hair pulled back only accentuates how gaunt and skeletal she looks. I'm sure she did this intentionally to look skinnier, but she just looks on the verge of death. I've seen terminal cancer patients who looked healthier.
Exactly! The A4 paper across her body reminds me of this trend I came across in Taiwan where you'd show that your legs were narrower than a piece of A4 paper. It's harrowing!

Reactions: 7
Your lecturers are there to teach you, if you think you already know everything what are you doing there?
She's there to get praise.

Validation from her tutors thar she's a brilliant young genius, and admiration from her audience for getting high grades.

It's the only way she can feel any sense of self worth.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
Its been deleted due to BuLLyInG (literally every uni has a gossip/ anon page...). Wild guess as to who reported the page?
I think the page had rules against not using real names of students, so it was never gonna last long. But at the same time, when you put yourself in the public eye as a self-proclaimed role model and paid spokesperson for the school, your (fake) name is fair game for critical discussion, especially when the post wasn't really directed at anything but the shoddy content she's putting out there to represent the school.

She's there to get praise.

Validation from her tutors thar she's a brilliant young genius, and admiration from her audience for getting high grades.

It's the only way she can feel any sense of self worth.
Unless they disagree with her, in which case she comes with the Tory Karen "Let me speak to your manager" energy and likely files a complain with the school board/her local MP.

Reactions: 7
Genuine question as I don’t know much about EDs… what is meant by bodychecking? How does it differ from what other influencers do when showing clothes? Thank you!

Reactions: 3
Genuine question as I don’t know much about EDs… what is meant by bodychecking? How does it differ from what other influencers do when showing clothes? Thank you!
Body checking involves examining, measuring, or monitoring something related to your body — usually your weight, size, or shape. A certain amount of body checking is completely normal. But it can become problematic if the behavior is compulsive and interferes with your ability to go about your daily life.

Reactions: 1
Body checking involves examining, measuring, or monitoring something related to your body — usually your weight, size, or shape. A certain amount of body checking is completely normal. But it can become problematic if the behavior is compulsive and interferes with your ability to go about your daily life.
Thank you for your reply. I don’t really see how Ruby twirling around in her clothes is measuring herself, I can’t see any difference between her and other influencers other than that she’s a bit awkward but she’s always been like that. I’m not denying she has an ED, anyone with eyes can see she’s lost weight, I just don’t understand the body checking bit.

Reactions: 5
Thank you for your reply. I don’t really see how Ruby twirling around in her clothes is measuring herself, I can’t see any difference between her and other influencers other than that she’s a bit awkward but she’s always been like that. I’m not denying she has an ED, anyone with eyes can see she’s lost weight, I just don’t understand the body checking bit.
No, her twirling isn’t so much - it’s more the general outfit posts where she’s been using angels to make her look even smaller, mentioning the size of clothing, etc. I agree she’s always been awkward, and in fairness she’s always been pretty tiny in my opinion, but she’s definitely lost a lot of weight since her earlier posts. I really do hope shes ok.

Reactions: 20
Ok firstly I think Ruby and I have used very different tents lmao

View attachment 646276
It feels like doing Duke of Edinburgh would have been really valuable to her. Actually dead that she thinks this is ‘camping’ 💀

AlsoView attachment 646282 Ruby not really liking a book with graphic sex scenes?? Surely not?! I’ll be honest I didn’t think much of the book either (though Circe her second one is great), but it’s just so predictable. It literally says “sexy” on the cover, there is absolutely no way she’s going to like it
not to get dramatic but as someone who spent every summer PROPERLY camping with a PROPER tent with an overhead tarp and all the regular things that go with camping it really irks me when people say this is 'camping'. go to a proper campsite, i guarantee you that no one will have a tent like this lol. go to a festival or special event? yeah sure people might have these. one night in back weather and rubys tent is gone. thank you for reading my rant. i am simply just passionate about camping.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
not to get dramatic but as someone who spent every summer PROPERLY camping with a PROPER tent with an overhead tarp and all the regular things that go with camping it really irks me when people say this is 'camping'. go to a proper campsite, i guarantee you that no one will have a tent like this lol. go to a festival or special event? yeah sure people might have these. one night in back weather and rubys tent is gone. thank you for reading my rant. i am simply just passionate about camping.
Her camping skills are a fail on every level. She's ill equipped to survive bad weather, the fire she'll undoubtedly start inside her tent, bear attacks, or Jason Voorhees. On a real camping trip, she's a goner.

I also had to laugh at this:

screen3.jpg

They should rephrase the question: Have you ever been camping as an adult without a parent or guardian present? Sure sounds like a no.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.