Ruby Granger #12 The Continuing Adventures of Pie-rott and Muriel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just like Elio and Oliver's relationship which is both carnal and abstract.
So it's like most relationships in real life?
Not that she'd know what a relationship is like in real life anyway

How knowledgeable is Ruby about ancient Greek mythology?
I could imagine the reason why she doesn't like it so far is that she's unfamiliar with the material and the names etc. and it makes her uncomfortable

I don't want to hear her talk about this and butcher the names. I studied Ancient Greek and Latin for five years in high school and I'm gonna cringe so hard.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
So it's like most relationships in real life?
Not that she'd know what a relationship is like in real life anyway

How knowledgeable is Ruby about ancient Greek mythology?
I could imagine the reason why she doesn't like it so far is that she's unfamiliar with the material and the names etc. and it makes her uncomfortable

I don't want to hear her talk about this and butcher the names. I studied Ancient Greek and Latin for five years in high school and I'm gonna cringe so hard.
I’ll be honest I hadn’t even contemplated this 😂 my degree was Classics and English and I remember in English lectures when lecturers would mispronounce classical names I would cringe so hard, it’s going to be even worse with Ruby!! To be clear, I have nothing against mispronunciation, and lots of ancient names are bleeping weird, but you just know she’s going to make no effort to research it and then reel them off with absolute confidence that she must be right 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Roobee, just in case you’re wondering, it’s Oh-die-SEE-us, Pat-roe-CLEE-us, and ATCH-il-lees. You’re welcome 😁

• Haha
Roobee, just in case you’re wondering, it’s Oh-die-SEE-us, Pat-roe-CLEE-us, and ATCH-il-lees. You’re welcome 😁
Let's be honest, she'll skim through the whole thing, glance at the occasional sentence, not really understand any of it and then start misusing all those names in everyday conversation as if they were adjectives.

"The patroclian nature of the text really grabbed me, it fully encapsulated the deidamia of the narrative. The choice of words used by the author were filled with such wonderul iphegenia. And then the main character's weakness...I'm sure there's an expression for this...ahh yes: his Achaeans' Clavicle!"

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I’m 33 and love camping. I went hiking last weekend and took my cozy little tent…. Not an f-img chandelier! Those tents are fun for festivals, glamp-ing weddings etc though.
Would I pitch one in my mums backyard?

unless there were no beds free for a family gathering no I would not.

• Haha
Let's be honest, she'll skim through the whole thing, glance at the occasional sentence, not really understand any of it and then start misusing all those names in everyday conversation if they were adjectives.

"The patroclian nature of the text really grabbed me, it fully encapsulated the deidamia of the narrative. The choice of words used by the author were filled with such wonderul iphegenia. And then the main character's weakness...I'm sure there's an expression for this...ahh yes: his Achaeans' Clavicle!"
She'll be like a patient that came to see my partner's mum (a GP): "Help, I've damaged my Hercules' tendon!"

• Haha
Reactions: 22
if she ever releases an autobiographical book (one that actually states that it is autobiographical, mind you), it HAS to have "my very favourite" in its title, somehow

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Does anybody know when that facebook post from exehonestly was put up? If you look up Ruby Bones Exeter and go to images it should be the first picture to come up. Just curious if that post is still up.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Does anybody know when that facebook post from exehonestly was put up? If you look up Ruby Bones Exeter and go to images it should be the first picture to come up. Just curious if that post is still up.
FB2D58BE-55A1-4640-A7E4-EE1441251E2A.jpeg
Is this what you mean?? Savage 😩

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
Lmfao was just googling something ruby related and the suggested searches are killing me 😭😭
5BC061A8-FA8D-4426-B0A9-A9EFE3E603FB.jpeg

‘What is wrong with Ruby Granger’ 🤣🤣 we wish we knew !!

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.