Ruby Granger #12 The Continuing Adventures of Pie-rott and Muriel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Long time reader of ruby threads but this is my first post sorry if I screw up formatting! Noticed this comment and reply from molly RE the title of her most recent video. Seems like maybe molly is trying to discreetly cut ties or perhaps hasn’t been transparent with blakeney about unfollowing Ruby and is trying to salvage that original friendship? pity how Ruby’s stories today are also just more blatant body checks sharing more bloody miss patina clothing 🙄

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Long time reader of ruby threads but this is my first post sorry if I screw up formatting! Noticed this comment and reply from molly RE the title of her most recent video. Seems like maybe molly is trying to discreetly cut ties or perhaps hasn’t been transparent with blakeney about unfollowing Ruby and is trying to salvage that original friendship? pity how Ruby’s stories today are also just more blatant body checks sharing more bloody miss patina clothing 🙄
Hmmmmm that makes it seem as if her and Ruby are actually still close. Disappointing.

Reactions: 11
Nah that’s damage control, she’s unfollowed Ruby on insta and all. I think they’ve fallen out but she doesnt want the smoke so is downplaying it.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Oooh, didn't take long for her to backtrack. 🥱 Shame, I was hoping for drama.

Reactions: 4
Nah that’s damage control, she’s unfollowed Ruby on insta and all. I think they’ve fallen out but she doesnt want the smoke so is downplaying it.
Honestly, I understand her. We've all seen how Ruby's stans will react in the comments if you dare to say that their darling girl is not perfect, so Molly is very probably just protecting herself and her mental health. It's a shame it has come to that though.

Reactions: 25
This is a comment under her recent insta reel: omg skinny queen youre so skinny !!! wowww i feel so fat now in comparison :( but good for you skinny dainty queen.

it already has 2 likes...yikes

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
8577F834-F6EC-4859-9255-B892C21D5EBB.jpeg

Whoever commented pikelets, I see you!!!

46279A6E-3682-4A69-B09A-9AA605997FA7.jpeg

Also congrats Ruby, what a positive influence you’re having…

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
Yeah, seems like Molly's realised that dealing with Ruby's weaponised fans isn't worth the stress.

Molly's clearly very conscious of people posting triggering things online and will know ED-baiting tactics when she sees them. There's zero chance she hasn't noticed what Ruby's doing.

And it'd also be the world's biggest coincidence that Ruby got unfollowed on Insta just as Molly made a post encouraging people to unfollow people online and in real life if they were posting triggering things.

That and Molly changed the video title to that specifically. Booktubers don't talk about "productivity," and (unless I'm mistaken, as I don't watch many "productivity" vloggers) studytubers don't do the Ruby thing of making reading a target-based productivity exercise. Only Ruby's out there framing reading (or pretending to read) lots of books as "productive." It's obvious who that was aimed at.

I can understand Molly not wanting the drama. Ruby's fans seem unbearable. But that comment is incredibly disappointing as Molly is now openly endorsing Ruby's content and lifestyle, which is the opposite of the ideals she's usually encouraging.

View attachment 656824
Whoever commented pikelets, I see you!!!

View attachment 656949
"don't hate the playa hate the grange" 😂 Genius! There's too many great thread titles kicking around now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 27
656949[/ATTACH]
that comment must be satire...???

yeah, suspicions confirmed. she has still not actually lost that much weight- it's all in the angles. in that (weird) clip of her running away from the camera she looks like a completely normal 20 year old girl. cut out the attention-seeking crap, ruby. may i remind this thread that there's a difference between exhibiting disordered eating habits and actually suffering from an ed??

edit: she's trying so hard to become one of those girls on her pinterest. you know, those people who embody the "that girl" tiktok trend? i feel weird about that trend because it purports to focus on self-improvement but really seems as though it's motivated by a need to assert superiority/incite the jealousy of others?? if you know what i mean? this is just another manifestation of ruby's superiority complex...she needs therapy😅

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Yeah, seems like Molly's realised that dealing with Ruby's weaponised fans isn't worth the stress.
I’d be mortified if I was ruby, it’s one thing to promote #canbekind but we all know she just needs to speak tearfully on a video about “productivity and balancing friendships” or some crap and destroy poor molly/whomsoever ruby pretends not to want to give away. Fans clearly lurk here and then go back and leave comments (like the one I found) and ruby never addresses things in time so if she tried to speak up now in defence of a so called close friend she couldn’t do so without having to come clean about the ED/ED baiting and the rest of it plus maybe even lack of identity and leeching from blakeney

that comment must be satire...???

yeah, suspicions confirmed. she has still not actually lost that much weight- it's all in the angles.
Idk, her body looks about 14/15 here, definitely a lot less ‘womanly’ than it ever was. sure with Ruby’s tendency to obsess and overindulge when she begins new routines eg running and veganism but combined w/ her obsession with ED books and apparent body checks whether she’s ‘role playing’ as part of a new identity or actually struggling with eating habits, it’s affecting her physically and teaches young viewers productivity = thinness no?

edit: she's trying so hard to become one of those girls on her pinterest. you know, those people who embody the "that girl" tiktok trend? This is just another manifestation of ruby's superiority complex...she needs therapy😅
Yep. If u go through her Pinterest it’s littered with th*nspo and That Girl type content now, totally different to the cottage core dark macadamia humble lifestyle she attempts to promote

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
There was a pretty memorable moment in first year when she whipped out a quill and ink in a lecture but apart from that she’s just this really small quiet girl. She always sits at the front right in the middle and stays to talk to the lecturers afterwards. And if someone swears or says anything she thinks is inappropriate she won’t talk to them again lol. And she does contribute a lot in seminars, I’ve never seen her interrupt a lecture though
I also know people who also study English Lit at Exeter and have interacted with Ruby. They too have said she sits at the front of the lecture and asks lots of questions. She always has her laptop open on the black and white clock screen thingy that she uses, which is apparently very irritating. I haven't heard anything about a quill and ink though... I'm not saying it's not true, but I'd hate for people to spread malicious rumours about her for a quick laugh. This, as you say, would be a very memorable moment and no one has mentioned it.

I've also passed her in the street and, as you say, she is very small.

Last edited:
Reactions: 25
Planning meals are a good idea for a student though. I would plan my meals for the week so that didn't waste food or money. I did it on a Post-It note though - I didn't buy a meal planner especially!
This is the thing: most people who are planning meals are too broke to be bothering with a fancy meal planner or need an aide memoire to help them get round the shops on their budget (that's me: put me in Lidl without a meal plan/ shopping list when they're selling Greek food, and I can return home with just 5 boxes of baklava, and a confused expression).

Ruby's target market is kids who can afford to pour their pocket money down the drain on Rube's Bumpkin Banal merch but who I presume are too young to be dealing with meal planning unless one of their weekly chores is cooking a meal.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
yeah, suspicions confirmed. she has still not actually lost that much weight- it's all in the angles. in that (weird) clip of her running away from the camera she looks like a completely normal 20 year old girl. cut out the attention-seeking crap, ruby. may i remind this thread that there's a difference between exhibiting disordered eating habits and actually suffering from an ed??
She's visibly lost a lot of weight, and it shows most clearly in her face. But she's also being very deceptive in what she shows since the backlash started (while still going out of her way to post triggering food content.)

When she grabbed an old "daily vlog" from out of nowhere that was recorded around the time of Molly's visit and uploaded it weeks later and put up what looked like an old "gymnastics" Insta story, I theorised that she's started "banking" videos to upload further down the line and recycling old content to give the illusion that her weight loss isn't as bad as it is.

She intends it to be a sign to all the critics that she's clearly healthier than ever - she's backflipping and suddenly her face looks less gaunt, so there's nothing to worry about.

She's still doing that. All of today's Insta stories are from at least two weeks ago.

This was uploaded today:

2.jpg

This was uploaded two weeks ago (and I believe was likely filmed before that):

3.jpg

Many of the other videos have the same wavy hairstyle and unevenly-trimmed hair, so they were clearly shot on or near the same day.

Then there's this from today, where her face looks fuller and she looks much healthier:

5.jpg

Want to know when that was actually shot? June 2020:

6.jpg

She's clearly lost a tonne of weight, but she's now going to great lengths to hide that and project an image of a healthier figure to throw people off by not posting up-to-date images and uploading a mix of weeks-old pictures/videos and some that are months old. It's likely why we haven't seen the video of her and Jade in London go up - she'll release it weeks later and her weight loss will look less pronounced than it is at that stage in reality.

She thinks her critics will see these and think "Oh, I guess her weight loss isn't actually as bad as I thought" and her fans will see it and wonder why people are asking about weight loss when she's clearly super healthy. And she gets the compliments and acknowledgements that she wants as well because all her fans are fawning over how skinny she is, regardless of how healthy or unhealthy she looks.

Textbook gaslighting. Don't believe her.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.