Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I do agree with most of your comments but you lost me in the second-to-last paragraph ... for the love of God, please leave race out of it. I get so sick and tired of reading and hearing about 'white privilege' blah blah blah all the time. It really pisses me off!

imagine how sick of racism people who have to endure it are

• Heart
Reactions: 43

shotchat

Long time reader, first time poster.

I can absolutely take all of Simone's ads and unboxing videos, what literally makes me siiiiick to my stomach is the toxic positivity around parenting and home life. I can just imagine as a new Mum watching Simone gush and cry over the instant love and connection for her baby, the unrealistic house cleaning at 5am, the baby who sleeps 12 hrs uninterupted from 11 weeks and living life with not a hair out of place would be so tough. Comparison is the route of depression. She has lost all ability for people to relate too! It's just so gross. And so fake. I feel there is no duty of care for her audience!

And the toxic consumerism too, like last week when she was gifted like 20 packets of lemon juice and lime juice. Like just why? Does she not realise how glutinous that is? And while the rest of everyday New Zealanders are struggling with the inflation crisis you want to show up on the internet hoarding free shit THAT YOU DONT EVEN NEED. Honestly I really hope she reads this comment and thinks, actually I probably could do a bit better here.

Also without pointing out something incredibly obvious.. these threads have been directed at what I can mostly see as effluent white woman - who a majority flaunt wealth and lifestyle. I wish brands would see what actually the people we are probably more influenced by Māori and Indigenous influencers - thinking like Nix, Jodanwithawhy etc who probably keep it a lot more real than this toxic positive shit we see.

Ahh been keeping that to myself for the last 3 forums 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Haha thanks~
Omg i had to google Patreon as never heard of it. Didnt know such thing exists but been mentioned here many times.

From now on I'd consider "Influencer" as a "Entitled Beggar"
Technically speaking, they are. They earn money from us and begging us to support them, yet they are entitled and do what they like. They look rich but it is all just an illusion.
YES 🙌🏼
Want to be paid to influence us but don’t want to be held accountable for being a shit cunt.
I just cannot wrap my head around why anyone would still think Simone is a good person. She’s just a woman who scrounged a gastric sleeve and lost weight because she couldn’t eat, gained a following from it and now gets paid to clean her house, flog all her household items she didn’t earn or pay for and dress her child in free clothes. She was even gifted her excess skin surgery, all her Botox and fillers, her veneers. She gets free dental, tans, laser hair removal, facials, chiropractic treatment, massages, weekly meals both delivered to her home and to eat out at restaurants, activewear, clothing, shoes, baby clothes, toys, cot, pram, capsule, bedroom decor, god I could go on!! All because she couldn’t eat due to a surgery she had. And after all of that, she was selling her gifted items and keeping the money she said she was giving to charity!! She is the epitome of CUNT! When will the rest of the country see it and when will brands cancel her and stop sending her stuff! Ok I’m done now lol

Reactions: 42
I do agree with most of your comments but you lost me in the second-to-last paragraph ... for the love of God, please leave race out of it. I get so sick and tired of reading and hearing about 'white privilege' blah blah blah all the time. It really pisses me off!
That's a you problem, white privilege is a thing and bipoc people are probably sick of feeling like second class people but they don't get to take a break from it

• Heart
Reactions: 36

biscotti22

I went to Rebecca’s show and always was curious where the money went? was never announced which I found strange when it’s a large donation they should have to prove that shouldn’t they?
I volunteered at one of the charities at the time and we got the money. They made it effortless even organising prizes for raffles. It was the easiest fundraiser we’d ever done because they done all the work

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Exactly! By posting it you compromised a baby’s safety. Do you not think this might be the reason she’s never shared that he goes to daycare in the first place? I’m sure his safety is her biggest priority like most other parents.
Yes alright - she’s clearly feeling terrible no need to carry on about it! Simple mistake and she’s doing her best to fix it

• Heart
Reactions: 32

YouveAllBeenAsking

Chatty Member
Asher is at a daycare Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, and has been at daycare (maybe not 3 days to start) for many months, my friend’s kid goes there. I don’t know why Simone tries to keep it a secret. Most would understand / be fine with it? And it’s not like she’s not a PRO at spinning shit to smell like roses so she would be able to make her followers think it was a good idea anyway!!!
We can snark on crappy influencers til the cows come home but Asher is a child and deserves privacy and safety. Please delete identifying information.

Reactions: 29
Can anyone recall what Morgan Edwards said about Anna Conning?
I don’t follow Anna but did come across her page prior to her son’s surgery.. Got bad vibes. She seemed to be doctor shopping to get a particular diagnosis for her son?
I personally can’t get over choosing a dress that is SO unflattering when you made such a big deal of it
When you screenshot the ☕

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
No, it's a YOU problem for anyone who raises it! I have been on the receiving end of racisim more times than I can count but I don't go on about it. I am hearing impaired and get a lot of flack about that too - but I don't go on about it. I get sick and tired of people constantly looking for things to be offended by. I'm generation X - which I dare say is a lot older than a lot of people here - it's just the way we deal with stuff. We move on and push through.
I hope you aren’t meaning ‘reverse racism’ which isn’t a thing because white people don’t experience racism as there isn’t the same power and privilege imbalance. They can face discrimination and I’m sorry if that’s the case. But nobody should have to just move on or push through stuff like that, even if you are comfortable doing so. I obviously have no idea if you are a BIPOC and therefore whether you have actually experienced racism or not but my point is people should call it out because regardless of how you have dealt with it, it doesn’t make it ok.

Should we not just stick to gossping about influencers?

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Jesus that escalated quickly 😂
To be honest tho, my house is untidy alot of the time, I have kids and they have stuff and we can be busy. Its literally just how it is sometimes. I can tidy all I want but it will be an absolute tip in minutes with kids and no one will ever come over or see it when its clean 😆. She has a point. There are also completely unrealistic standards set by people like simone too. I dont find Rebecca "grotty" or anything, I just think she has a normal busy house with kids and is just chill about it. Im chill about my house too. Its lived in, its occupied by small people who have a travelling circus of mess with them wherever they go and I have a million other things to worry about. I used to own a rental property too, and I can 100% guarantee I have seen MUCH worse from people with kids!

Reactions: 27

frogstomp

I think originally he was on leave due to a family emergency... the sudden turn of events after this mornings NZ Herald article and then the internal memo saying that he resigned today - who knows why... I think the man's family's privacy should definitely be respected what have you heard about the management at TVNZ? please do tell.
ummm to be fair - this thread is full of posts about affairs with no privacy for those involved 😂 I’m not sure you can pick and choose the affairs/dirty laundry you want to share here

and it is called New Zealand influencers and Public Figures - I’d call a newsreader on national tv a public figure.

Reactions: 26
On another note can we talk about LFYD's Nanny - Kelly.
I really like Kelly, from what I've seen she is down to earth, lovely and does so much for them. I sometimes feel so sad for her, I wonder if she'll ever have her own family one day or does she view Frankie and Lulu as her own kids. I worry for a day when she might not have a visa and has to leave the country... I can't imagine how much this would affect Frankie and eventually Lulu. I'm not a fan of LFYD but I think it's pretty cool for them to take Kelly back and meet all her family because she's done so much for them all. Wouldn't it be good if we all had a Kelly in our lives.... we know the 'influencers' are definitely here and reading these.. especially lately... so Kelly if you see this - your the real MVP here!!!!

Reactions: 25
One.in.a.bullion did an amazing selfless thing being a surrogate and I believe she did go in with the best of intentions. But she just got caught up in the thrill of lots of followers and likes / comments, and the free stuff. I can't blame her, it's addictive stuff - lots of dopamine hits. But the influencer world isn't for everyone - you have to be a special kind of narcissist to keep going.

I think she is feeling some very big feels at the moment and it is probably a very confusing time for her. Noone is that interested in her anymore now that she isn't pregnant and lovefromyourdads have gone overseas without her. So no surprise that she is a bit sensitive and vulnerable. I guess you never really know how you are going to feel until you are in that situation.

So great decision to go peel back to just family & friends. All the best Nat.

thewonkeydonkey

I’m mainly here because I’m salty. I was made to feel like a ‘friend’ by some people. Now I’ve been deleted and their accounts have been made private. These threads have made me realise that these people are actually just shit. Why do they make us feel like we owe them because they choose to share their lives. We didn’t ask them to in the first place.

hashtagmytruth

The way she cuts people as soon as they stop paying her says a lot about who she is. And increasing the cost to follow her over and over. It’s not a community if it’s all around one woman and you have to pay to be part of it and to give her marriage counselling and therapy. The red flag was that she literally named all her groups after herself - EMbassy, EMpire, all her mEMbers. The narcissism is so unhealthy.
I don’t like that you get publicly called out if your payment declines

• Wow
  • Sick

shotchat

I just went and looked and they raised $22,000 for 20 charities On Emily writes website all the charities are linked and listed you could contact the charities and ask.
I believe they picked a local charity at each show to donate too. Please don't start a man-hunt where there absolutely isn't one.

• Heart