New Zealand Influencers and Public Figures #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Very true! I was denied boarding on a domestic flight the other day because I was trying to check in just seconds before the 'Closed' sign went up ... the airport attendant was lovely - so helpful - but despite radioing the crew they said no way, no exceptions - not even for high-priority cases (of which I was not) ... apparently they've tightened up on a lot of that stuff just recently. (Thankfully I was able to rebook on a flight an hour later).
And they still haven't posted! I'm guessing they missed the flight tbh. Which sucks, they would have to pay heaps to rebook a new one and the new one might not even be for a few days.

But how arrogant do you have to be to stroll through the car park filming insta stories and miss check in. The entitlement lol.

Reactions: 11
I do agree with most of your comments but you lost me in the second-to-last paragraph ... for the love of God, please leave race out of it. I get so sick and tired of reading and hearing about 'white privilege' blah blah blah all the time. It really pisses me off!

imagine how sick of racism people who have to endure it are

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Be careful with these cleaning tips/tricks/hacks that Simone Anderson is sharing. She said you can clean your washing machine with dishwashing tablets. I googled it and experts say not to do that as it could not only damage your machine, but your clothes too. So she doesn't even take the time to do her research before sharing things she has stolen from facebook hack groups.
Haha - oh dear, these 'cleaning hacks' drive me mad. Washing machine cleaner (called that) is made exactly for that! If the dishwasher tablets did the job too, wouldn't Finish (or whomever) just create a line and call them 'washing machine cleaner's?

She could actually be held accountable if anyone followed her advice and their machine stopped working ... it wouldn't be the first time she'd been in the media spotlight for all the wrong reasons.

Porter Kennard - sounds like a porta loo company
Or a heavy haulage hire company!

I worry he'll be teased for his name when he's older ... naming your kid after a profession isn't cool.

Reactions: 3
I have the tobacco and vanilla and that one is my favourite on a cold day - the whole house smells delicious and I also have blackberry Forest which is incredible but quite sweet. Smells how a fairy’s fart would smell 😂 I also have Peonies and Nectarine and that one is disappointing - doesn’t put out much smell at all! I have heard good things about Caramel Latte and Whiskey Room too so if I buy more those will be my next ones
Ah OK, I bought peonies and nectarine and was disappointed and too scared to buy another because they're not cheap and neither is postage to Aus!

Reactions: 1
And they still haven't posted! I'm guessing they missed the flight tbh. Which sucks, they would have to pay heaps to rebook a new one and the new one might not even be for a few days.

But how arrogant do you have to be to stroll through the car park filming insta stories and miss check in. The entitlement lol.
I would have thought that would give more content though haha

When you miss a flight do you have to pay to rebook??

Reactions: 3

They won't wanna admit defeat, but prob in a hotel room waiting till the next flight and will just brush over it when they arrive in 'merica

Reactions: 2
They won't wanna admit defeat, but prob in a hotel room waiting till the next flight and will just brush over it when they arrive in 'merica
Did you even go on a flight if you don’t post a video of a glass of wine + the food in the koru lounge ?

Nope. So they must be still here 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I agree and also think if someone has a locked account and you choose to follow them even though you think they are fake and bad people then that’s searching for things to get worked up about. You can’t avoid most big influencers unless you block them because the algorithm serves them up to you so in my opinion that’s fair but if you get upset people are swearing or sharing political stuff when they have locked accounts and you’ve searched for it. I personally think that’s on you. I think criticism of faking a perfect life and having too much ads or taking advantage of vulnerable people is fair but some of the petty stuff is worse than what the influencers are doing. If you think Rebecca Keil has a cleaning account you mustn’t follow her or know anything about her.
Not sure where anyone said she had a cleaning account, but ok...

I do agree with most of your comments but you lost me in the second-to-last paragraph ... for the love of God, please leave race out of it. I get so sick and tired of reading and hearing about 'white privilege' blah blah blah all the time. It really pisses me off!
That's a you problem, white privilege is a thing and bipoc people are probably sick of feeling like second class people but they don't get to take a break from it

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Thoughts on Judea Arthur? I’m all for remembering her angel baby but the way she goes about it seems incredibly unhealthy… and I so feel for her new baby

Reactions: 4

It depends on what 'type' of ticket you bought in the first place.

I paid extra money to be able to choose my seat and be able to get a full refund if it was cancelled for any reason ... but when I missed the boarding time by mere seconds, I had to pay $100 to get on the next flight because my fare wasn't 'flexi' (or something). I wasn't able to choose my seat on the next flight which was a bit of a pain (being hearing impaired I like to sit in the aisle so I can communicate with the flight crew better).

Reactions: 2
Sounds like you need to hear more about it so you understand it. It’s a ‘new’ thing because it was ignored in the past. There’s some very brave and strong bipoc on Instagram doing the work to make changes for themselves and others and that should be shared shared shared loud and proud

• Heart
Reactions: 24
That's a you problem, white privilege is a thing and bipoc people are probably sick of feeling like second class people but they don't get to take a break from it
No, it's a YOU problem for anyone who raises it! I have been on the receiving end of racisim more times than I can count but I don't go on about it. I am hearing impaired and get a lot of flack about that too - but I don't go on about it. I get sick and tired of people constantly looking for things to be offended by. I'm generation X - which I dare say is a lot older than a lot of people here - it's just the way we deal with stuff. We move on and push through.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Sounds like you need to hear more about it so you understand it. It’s a ‘new’ thing because it was ignored in the past. There’s some very brave and strong bipoc on Instagram doing the work to make changes for themselves and others and that should be shared shared shared loud and proud
Kindly refer to my comment above. I do not need to "understand it" - don't make assumptions about others when you can't possibly know what they have been, or are going, through.

There will probably be an add about how helpful and understanding airnz are, how great they are helping with the kids etc etc.

Did they take their nanny?
I was 5 minutes late to check in a couple of weeks ago, it was my second time flying and I'd never been in Auckland and got lost at the airport, I had to call my mum and borrow $100 (that I can't afford to pay back) so I could get another flight. If LFYD were allowed to fly after missing check in I'll actually be bleeping furious.

Reactions: 5
I saw someone post about wanting to find out who was doing Sabbyjey and her friend dirty with the flatmates drama and I did some sleuthing- I’m 99% sure the (ex) flatmate is another influenza named Jessica Nutley who’s one of the “rich, #AD, too cool” influenza clique - seems SO fake, I do not get good vibes at ALL

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.