New Zealand Influencers and Public Figures #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kindly refer to my comment above. I do not need to "understand it" - don't make assumptions about others when you can't possibly know what they have been, or are going, through.
I’m sorry you’ve had people treat you like that, it isn’t ok. Let’s hope things are different for the next generation. I don’t want my kids to ever feel like they have to accept that kind of treatment and just deal with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
No, it's a YOU problem for anyone who raises it! I have been on the receiving end of racisim more times than I can count but I don't go on about it. I am hearing impaired and get a lot of flack about that too - but I don't go on about it. I get sick and tired of people constantly looking for things to be offended by. I'm generation X - which I dare say is a lot older than a lot of people here - it's just the way we deal with stuff. We move on and push through.
I hope you aren’t meaning ‘reverse racism’ which isn’t a thing because white people don’t experience racism as there isn’t the same power and privilege imbalance. They can face discrimination and I’m sorry if that’s the case. But nobody should have to just move on or push through stuff like that, even if you are comfortable doing so. I obviously have no idea if you are a BIPOC and therefore whether you have actually experienced racism or not but my point is people should call it out because regardless of how you have dealt with it, it doesn’t make it ok.

Should we not just stick to gossping about influencers?

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Anyone follow kristen in bloom? I loved her journey but now it seems an ad fest and today this post.
I really like her! I don’t find her too AD personally

I hope you aren’t meaning ‘reverse racism’ which isn’t a thing because white people don’t experience racism as there isn’t the same power and privilege imbalance. They can face discrimination and I’m sorry if that’s the case. But nobody should have to just move on or push through stuff like that, even if you are comfortable doing so. I obviously have no idea if you are a BIPOC and therefore whether you have actually experienced racism or not but my point is people should call it out because regardless of how you have dealt with it, it doesn’t make it ok.

Should we not just stick to gossping about influencers?
My view is that if people aren’t BIPOC etc then it’s not our place to comment on racism, or white privilege, except in the sense of our own responsibility to know (if we are white), that we are privileged and to acknowledge and be mindful of, so we can create a better future for everyone :)

I also think, those who get very triggered and are sick of hearing about white privilege, need to think about why that is (generalised comment)

Reactions: 23
Anyone follow kristen in bloom? I loved her journey but now it seems an ad fest and today this post.
Loved watching her journey but the insufferable hinting for stuff is getting too much. And that dog piss rug she tried to clean abs just left in her babies room even after saying how much it still stinks with all the cleaning she tried.

• Sick
Reactions: 4
Loved watching her journey but the insufferable hinting for stuff is getting too much. And that dog piss rug she tried to clean abs just left in her babies room even after saying how much it still stinks with all the cleaning she tried.
Oh yes I forgot about that! I guess because I don’t follow her stories everyday. I can’t stand because people are having kids the begging/hinting for stuff.

No, it's a YOU problem for anyone who raises it! I have been on the receiving end of racisim more times than I can count but I don't go on about it. I am hearing impaired and get a lot of flack about that too - but I don't go on about it. I get sick and tired of people constantly looking for things to be offended by. I'm generation X - which I dare say is a lot older than a lot of people here - it's just the way we deal with stuff. We move on and push through.
Still a you problem, maybe you should take some time to reflect on why it annoys you so much

Reactions: 9
Oh yes I forgot about that! I guess because I don’t follow her stories everyday. I can’t stand because people are having kids the begging/hinting for stuff.
I was absolutely invested her in ivf journey tho. Felt so bad for them. I donated to her give a little for ivf cycle and she drew my partners & I birth flowers I have hanging in our house.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Simone off to another event and ditching poor Asher again

She'd go to the opening of an envelope that woman.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
That’s what I don’t understand about Simone and the others like her? The difference between an influencer and an ad on tv is that an influencer is supposed to have tried the product/service and really be recommending them. When Simone says Redkin has a new shampoo out but we know for a fact she uses a different brand… what’s the point? Would someone buy it just because Simone says it exists? It’s wild to me
I don't see influencers as anything more than live action magazines now lol

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Like P? Or weed? People drink alcohol on their stories, is smoking weed really that much different to sharing that you're about to down a beer?
Smoking weed isn't a problem, but it's illegal unlike downing a beer. Doesn't need to be filmed and posted really.

Her baby is adorable tho, very cute. And I wish I shaaaaaaanxo all the best. Not a fan of the name. The kid is gonna be called porta loo 🤦‍♀️

Her baby is adorable tho, very cute. And I wish I shaaaaaaanxo all the best. Not a fan of the name. The kid is gonna be called porta loo 🤦‍♀️
Goodness this is why I think people should ask a few friends for opinions before they pick a name.

I'll never forget a youtuber who called their kid Aspen Isla, someone commented that the name has penis in it... asPEN ISla. And it's like whatever it's not that obvious, but she legit changed her babies name because of it.

• Haha
Goodness this is why I think people should ask a few friends for opinions before they pick a name.

I'll never forget a youtuber who called their kid Aspen Isla, someone commented that the name has penis in it... asPEN ISla. And it's like whatever it's not that obvious, but she legit changed her babies name because of it.
Omg I would have never picked that up.

My pet hate is spelling it unique for no reason - “John” as “Jawhn” for example. I made that up but you know what I mean hahaha

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Smoking weed isn't a problem, but it's illegal unlike downing a beer. Doesn't need to be filmed and posted really.
I don't think the legality of things determines the morality of it. Downing a beer doesn't need to be filmed and posted really either. Nothing needs to be filmed and posted.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.