Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

memyselfherenow

VIP Member
The forum is NZ influences AND PUBLIC FIGURES. TV presenters are still public figures...

Straight up, this isn’t the forum for this. There’s plenty of other forums/sites to peddle this kind of stuff if you wish. This thread is to discuss influencers and the person at the centre of this isn’t one.

Reactions: 24

Okelydokely

Chatty Member
Simone off to another event and ditching poor Asher again

She'd go to the opening of an envelope that woman.

• Haha

biscotti22

I do agree with most of your comments but you lost me in the second-to-last paragraph ... for the love of God, please leave race out of it. I get so sick and tired of reading and hearing about 'white privilege' blah blah blah all the time. It really pisses me off!
Sounds like you need to hear more about it so you understand it. It’s a ‘new’ thing because it was ignored in the past. There’s some very brave and strong bipoc on Instagram doing the work to make changes for themselves and others and that should be shared shared shared loud and proud

• Heart

anonanonz

Chatty Member
Anyone follow kristen in bloom? I loved her journey but now it seems an ad fest and today this post.
I really like her! I don’t find her too AD personally

I hope you aren’t meaning ‘reverse racism’ which isn’t a thing because white people don’t experience racism as there isn’t the same power and privilege imbalance. They can face discrimination and I’m sorry if that’s the case. But nobody should have to just move on or push through stuff like that, even if you are comfortable doing so. I obviously have no idea if you are a BIPOC and therefore whether you have actually experienced racism or not but my point is people should call it out because regardless of how you have dealt with it, it doesn’t make it ok.

Should we not just stick to gossping about influencers?
My view is that if people aren’t BIPOC etc then it’s not our place to comment on racism, or white privilege, except in the sense of our own responsibility to know (if we are white), that we are privileged and to acknowledge and be mindful of, so we can create a better future for everyone :)

I also think, those who get very triggered and are sick of hearing about white privilege, need to think about why that is (generalised comment)

Reactions: 23

rheanna231

100% agree 💯

And lemme break this down even further for Kate.yourmate and her friends here who don't seem to get it yet. I have no doubt she means well and is a nice person but some of what she says is problematic.

A specific example: My friend was following Kate. She had postpartum depression and anxiety and felt like she was letting her kid down and was desperate to do the best for them. Kate got on her lecture train about swimming lessons being a human right or some shit. My friend wasn't up for it with her 5 month old - couldn't afford it, had PPD and PPA, was self-conscious with her new postpartum body (bloody hard to find good plus-sized togs especially with breastfeeding boobs!), and had carpal tunnel in her wrists. BUT Kate's wee lecture meant she signed up and couldn't get through the first lesson without her anxiety flaring up and had to cancel. Kate's comments have no regard for her followers' mental health and they can be extremely ableist and elitist.

"Just unfollow if you don't like my parenting" Kate.yourmate says 🙄. But my friend was not in that mindframe or strong enough at that point. Took an expensive psychiatrist to convince her these influencers can be damaging, problematic, manipulative etc. She has unfollowed her (and others) now though👏 but there are more Mums there going through the same thing.

All we are saying is just think twice about how you are coming across. Think about your content and how it could be perceived and potentially hurtful.
100% girl. If you are an influencers with 10k++ followers, you are RESPONSIBLE for what you say online. Saying "you can unfollow" me does not JUSTIFY and is a poor excuse of your shitty behaviour meaning you are not willing to be held accountable for what you said.

If our prime minister say all the wrong things and push her belief to people of NZ, do you think that is acceptable? She cant say 'just turn off the TV', or 'just leave NZ if you are not happy'. As the PM of NZ they need to be held accountable for what they say. Similarly, If I were in my day job (im talking about real job) and say offensive things to my client, my boss will tell me off, yeah? We all need to be held accountable for what we say in our JOB. Influencing is a JOB, you get PAID for it. You are relying on the ENGAGEMENT and you FOLLOWERS to GENERATE your income. Yes, it is a country of FREE SPEECH, everyone can SPEAK their mind, but at the same time you need to ACCEPT what people think of you considering you are a PUBLIC FIGURE. It is your RESPONSIBILITY for what you say on your PLATFORM and you need to be held ACCOUNTABLE if your platform is toxic, as you are constantly under the SCRUNITY of public eye. Y'all going on about ANXIETY and complaining how our behaviour triggers your ANXIETY, have you thought what you say on your platform can also make people ANXIOUS? And now y'all crying on IG story "F YOU HATERS!" well F YOU TOO! It's a two-way street. I dont know which school y'all influencers go to but omg y'all living in one way street 🤮

• Heart
Reactions: 23

welcomewelcome

Wow, for someone not bothered about comments about her personal life, RebeccaJKeil's 30part suggests otherwise.
Nice of her to take offence on behalf of feminism, though. 🙄
Just own it already. The comment about your house upset YOU personally.
Yeah, the expectation for a perfect house, child, + wife is patriarchal, and it is hard on new mums who should be putting their own and their baby's well being first. It's sexist as fuck to ALL women - not just those who have given birth or are raising a baby/child.
lf you're gonna be the voice if feminism, do it right. Speak for all women. None of us should be judged by 50s housewife standards in 2022.

Then again, when you talk about having "worked with" home cleaning supply companies in the past & offer tips on keeping your house clean, you are opening the door to comments.

I dunno, for people who work online in social media, influencers seem to have the thinnest skin.
Or is it just about creating drama for their content? Trying to get attention?

RebeccaKeil & EmilyWrites together on stage? I could think of nothing worse than 90minutes of basic bitch feminism + politics 101 edged up with copious swearing and poor-me stories interspersed with the objectification of men, & false modesty.
mama's unite! Someone needs a trip to Australia!
she literally did say that the comment about her house being disgusting offended her? 🤨 However the multiple ones bagging everything else, didn’t. So I def wouldn’t think she is easily offended.

she’s a good sport and if you go back a couple pages in this thread majority in here agree and think her rant was valid as fuck! I love that she doesn’t give a fuck.. good on her.

Also, I saw their tour last year and it was crack up! Plus they donated a good chunk to different charities each show and didn’t give time to the shit you just suggested

Reactions: 22

happysmellybelly

I don't think it's fair to judge Judea Arthur on her baby loss and how she deals with it. It takes years to process the loss of a baby, and it's her page to process that grief. Writing about it is pretty healthy.

• Heart
I think there's more to it - there seems to be a few things at play. Firstly, that she's a massive hypochondriac and keeps her kids at home if they so much as breathe funny. Secondly, she seems to have a weird parenting style that she sees as 'I give them a safe space to make their own life choices' but is more 'I cater to their every whim and they do whatever they want' which translates into "if they so much as mention they want to stay home, I let them". And thirdly, she's a very introverted homebody so I think she's totally ok with her kids blobbing in front of the tv because it's her behaviour they're copying, and if she's cool with that life then she can't really make her kids be more energetic than that. She loooooves a duvet day, so if her kids want that, they get it. Completely forgetting that there's a huge difference between adults and kids and their daily needs.
THIS! She's going on about how she doesn't make her kids do anything and they don't do extra curricular activities because she's not going to force them. That's because of the example she sets!! Of course they don't want to move, because she doesn't either. My parents were much the same in the sense they didn't encourage me or sign me up for anything, and I desperately wish they had of because by the time I was in highschool and wanted to participate by my own choice, I was unfit and had no idea how to play and didn't have the confidence to participate in team sports where all the other kids were pros compared to me. I'm all for giving your kids freedom of choice, but of course kids are going to choose sitting on the couch if that's all they see and the only way they're taught to relax/have fun. To let children off school or out of sports at the first inkling of "I don't want to" is lazy parenting. Talk to them about why they don't want to, help them find solutions. Caring for your mental health isn't just about doing whatever you want, it's about pushing yourself and learning how to cope with symptoms. I say all of this as someone that's suffered severely from mental illness since I was young, I was in and out of school frequently, for months at a time, not sure if that gives me any credit, but I do understand what it's like to live with mental illness as an adult and a child, and what she's doing is just enabling herself and kids to be lazy, it is not healthy for their minds.

• Heart
All, be mindful of moderating others
My addition to the recap is: use this forum to call out influencers (over 5000 followers) on their shitty behaviour. But don't post about their appearance.

Don't post photos or private information about their kids - their parents may be happy posting without their kids' consent, but we shouldn't.

Also all the influencers are here watching 👀 despite them saying on their stories that they are not. Some even post on this forum 😂

Reactions: 21
I feel like lots of comments have moved away from calling out problematic influencers and their content and became a good ol bitch fest 😬

I have no idea who Anna is, never heard of her, but for those saying she has munchausen by proxy you do know it’s a mental health Illness right? Shows how shit our healthcare system is if so called professionals are calling her out on Instagram and breaching confidentiality and gossiping instead of insuring the family gets the help they need.

Totally different if she’s just a scam artist.
I thought this was supposed to be a good ol' bitch fest? Did I come to the wrong place? This is that gossip page all the influencers are on about, right?

• Haha
  • Heart

EmmyPost

Attempting to moderate, tone policing, or telling people what to post is against the rules, please report, keep scrolling or ignore a user
May l humbly suggest...

* no politics

* no religion

* no photos of peoples kids, don't name them, don't share info about them other than broadest sense.
Eg: eldest / youngest. Son/daughter

* not commenting on appearance - especially weight - EXCEPTION: mentioning shopped photos - but do so respectfully.

* no pics of peoples partners family etc unless they have been shared publicly. Blur kids. I'd suggest you screenshot time + date to prevent allegations of stalking.

Other thoughts?

Nasty, love, go look at your chat history, you seem a bit nasty and toxic?
So you agree with Katie’s Museum rant, and other rants similar?
You agree that Kate you fake mate should make others feel guilty about not taking their children to swimming lessons, or have flash wooden and beige toys from a #ad boutique buis? There are lots of young Mums and Parents in general that can’t afford these things! Simone is less lecturey than kate your fake mate, and that’s saying something!
Just because someone says “anyway your all doing an anmmmazzzing job either way gois” doesn’t justify it!

There is a hell of a lot worse things being said
than calling out these peoples actual shitty behaviour!
100% agree 💯

And lemme break this down even further for Kate.yourmate and her friends here who don't seem to get it yet. I have no doubt she means well and is a nice person but some of what she says is problematic.

A specific example: My friend was following Kate. She had postpartum depression and anxiety and felt like she was letting her kid down and was desperate to do the best for them. Kate got on her lecture train about swimming lessons being a human right or some shit. My friend wasn't up for it with her 5 month old - couldn't afford it, had PPD and PPA, was self-conscious with her new postpartum body (bloody hard to find good plus-sized togs especially with breastfeeding boobs!), and had carpal tunnel in her wrists. BUT Kate's wee lecture meant she signed up and couldn't get through the first lesson without her anxiety flaring up and had to cancel. Kate's comments have no regard for her followers' mental health and they can be extremely ableist and elitist.

"Just unfollow if you don't like my parenting" Kate.yourmate says 🙄. But my friend was not in that mindframe or strong enough at that point. Took an expensive psychiatrist to convince her these influencers can be damaging, problematic, manipulative etc. She has unfollowed her (and others) now though👏 but there are more Mums there going through the same thing.

All we are saying is just think twice about how you are coming across. Think about your content and how it could be perceived and potentially hurtful.

• Heart

Okelydokely

Chatty Member
Simone has her own activewear line, yet pedals the free stuff from Lorna Jane and Aim'n that she gets. I really don't understand that logic?? Shouldn't you be pushing your own wee brand instead of those bigger ones? I'm sure she's wearing the free stuff once then selling it on - $$$$

Another unrealistic thing about her is the storage unit, god forbid she has a bit of clutter in her home. Gotta go to the perfectly curated storage unit with the sistema containers all labelled and put away the Christmas crockery. Definitely can't put that on a shelf in the pantry like most people.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
I believe they picked a local charity at each show to donate too. Please don't start a man-hunt where there absolutely isn't one.
I agree. I just messaged a friend who went to their show and they said they explicitly said how much was raised and had someone from the charity there that they bought on stage to draw a raffle for the charity so they did tickets and raffles - so it sounds like stirring to say they didn’t announce. I think it’s great that they haven’t been crowed about how much they raised at every show on social media. When you give to charity you shouldn’t make it all about yourself.

Okelydokely

Chatty Member
Do you think Simone tells the teachers at daycare to call him Roo?

And it gives me the ick when she calls Trent "baby". He looks like the type to have long fingernails too 🤮

• Haha
  • Sick

Simone15

VIP Member
Weed. Still illegal but i see your point. I just think it was trusting of her to do it on instagram

OfficiallyEm... shes been all over the show since tattle life became huge. Her posts are weird and stories pointless. Im just waiting and watching for a breakdown.
this tattle Stuff has really shown true colours and who are the weakest links in the influencing world. Its SO interesting!
Very interesting to see how boring influencers have been over the last week 🥱 It’s like someone held them accountable 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19