New Zealand Influencers and Public Figures #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I went to Rebecca’s show and always was curious where the money went? was never announced which I found strange when it’s a large donation they should have to prove that shouldn’t they?
I just went and looked and they raised $22,000 for 20 charities On Emily writes website all the charities are linked and listed you could contact the charities and ask.

Reactions: 8
I just went and looked and they raised $22,000 for 20 charities On Emily writes website all the charities are linked and listed you could contact the charities and ask.
I believe they picked a local charity at each show to donate too. Please don't start a man-hunt where there absolutely isn't one.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Her husband still hits me up to meet up with him 👀 I feel sorry for her. She’s found him on tinder countless times and he’s definitely messaged me a few times asking to meet up. I used to have sex with him years ago and he still after he got into a relationship with her even after their marriage has asked me for sex.
What?!?!? No way!! Why would she stay with him! That’s grot!

Reactions: 2
I believe they picked a local charity at each show to donate too. Please don't start a man-hunt where there absolutely isn't one.
I agree. I just messaged a friend who went to their show and they said they explicitly said how much was raised and had someone from the charity there that they bought on stage to draw a raffle for the charity so they did tickets and raffles - so it sounds like stirring to say they didn’t announce. I think it’s great that they haven’t been crowed about how much they raised at every show on social media. When you give to charity you shouldn’t make it all about yourself.

Reactions: 20
I went to Rebecca’s show and always was curious where the money went? was never announced which I found strange when it’s a large donation they should have to prove that shouldn’t they?
I volunteered at one of the charities at the time and we got the money. They made it effortless even organising prizes for raffles. It was the easiest fundraiser we’d ever done because they done all the work

• Heart
Reactions: 32
One person who irks me that I've had to stop following is Oneinabullion. She posts questions boxes and then proceeds to be aggressive in her responses. Not long ago she was all like 'Instagram isn't for me I'm not posting anymore' but literally didn't stop for even a day. I truly feel like she always offered to be a surrogate knowing it would thrust her into the influencer world riding LFYD coat tails. I really liked their last surrogate Alisha and felt she was genuine but there is something really off about oneinabullion that rubs me the wrong way... I think it was how she was happy to publicly share her journey but would get defensive and aggressive towards followers who asked genuine questions.
Yes! The big dramatic goodbye Instagram reel with the caption about her time in the gram being over but it lasted overnight ?!?

I also struggled with her constantly hinting “somethings in the pipeline but I can’t talk about it”. Then don’t mention anything at all!

• Haha
Long time reader, first time poster.

I can absolutely take all of Simone's ads and unboxing videos, what literally makes me siiiiick to my stomach is the toxic positivity around parenting and home life. I can just imagine as a new Mum watching Simone gush and cry over the instant love and connection for her baby, the unrealistic house cleaning at 5am, the baby who sleeps 12 hrs uninterupted from 11 weeks and living life with not a hair out of place would be so tough. Comparison is the route of depression. She has lost all ability for people to relate too! It's just so gross. And so fake. I feel there is no duty of care for her audience!

And the toxic consumerism too, like last week when she was gifted like 20 packets of lemon juice and lime juice. Like just why? Does she not realise how glutinous that is? And while the rest of everyday New Zealanders are struggling with the inflation crisis you want to show up on the internet hoarding free tit THAT YOU DONT EVEN NEED. Honestly I really hope she reads this comment and thinks, actually I probably could do a bit better here.

Also without pointing out something incredibly obvious.. these threads have been directed at what I can mostly see as effluent white woman - who a majority flaunt wealth and lifestyle. I wish brands would see what actually the people we are probably more influenced by Māori and Indigenous influencers - thinking like Nix, Jodanwithawhy etc who probably keep it a lot more real than this toxic positive tit we see.

Ahh been keeping that to myself for the last 3 forums 😂
Yes! Asher is 5 days older than my son and omg since day one I’ve compared them both and her motherhood journey to mine.

I struggled so much in the early days it was really hard to watch her be such a perfect person.

Although I know my journey is the more accurate depiction it’s hard not to compare.

I have to always remind my self that Asher was over 2 weeks overdue and my son was born 10 days early so in comparison they are nearly a month apart developmentally.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Yes! Asher is 5 days older than my son and omg since day one I’ve compared them both and her motherhood journey to mine.

I struggled so much in the early days it was really hard to watch her be such a perfect person.

Although I know my journey is the more accurate depiction it’s hard not to compare.

I have to always remind my self that Asher was over 2 weeks overdue and my son was born 10 days early so in comparison they are nearly a month apart developmentally.
She also lies and has her world gifted to her, don’t forget her son is “gifted” also 🙄
Please don’t think her world is normal mama!

Reactions: 9
Her husband still hits me up to meet up with him 👀 I feel sorry for her. She’s found him on tinder countless times and he’s definitely messaged me a few times asking to meet up. I used to have sex with him years ago and he still after he got into a relationship with her even after their marriage has asked me for sex.
Isn’t she/was besties with Simone?

I am hope you are doing okay now and not comparing yourself to her or other people. ❤

All kids develop at different times - some quickly, some typically, some very slowly, some with a lot of therapy, and some not at all - and that's okay. Some kids sleep through the night early on, some still need a midnight cuddle at 10 years old. It's rarely due to how you parented them - it's their journey they are on.

It's easy for parents to think their parenting created a genius baby or a well-behaved baby - and unfortunately some influencers imply that to their followers. But don't worry, when they have another child that will all change 😂

Reactions: 13
I agree. They raised something like $30,000 for charity didn’t they? My friends went and said it was the best night they’ve had in ages and I tried to get tickets but it sold out too fast. My experience with Emily is that she’s really kind and actually lives her politics. I also saw Rebecca’s story and thought it was great. If we want influencers to reflect on what we are saying here - shouldn’t we reflect on what they’re saying too? She was right. And I don’t think she has to be a perfect feminist to make a good point. I also think if we are talking about feminism it’s not very feminist to get so worked up about women swearing or expecting women to share the full experience of every woman. She’s a mum so she’s going to speak on behalf of mums. It feels silly to be offended by that but I can understand when you just don’t like someone so everything they do winds you up.

So true. It’s the toxic positivity. I would love to see how many of these plugs actually result in sales. Does anyone work on the other side?
I'd hardly say I was worked up about women swearing, l just don't think its half as smart or edgy as they do. Am l a snob? Maybe.

And l don't demand anyone be a perfect anything...however, if you're gonna get on your high horse about something, publicly appointing yourself as insightful knowledge shares, you probably want to get it right.

I also agreed with her point.

I don't like either account - l find them irritating, fake & their whole feminist/political activist schtick makes me want to scream; but hey, im sure they couldn't care less and l only looked after comments here. (Not something im going to make a habit of - God knows there's enough in the world to infuriate me already - you know - things that matter. )

I have 3 and 2 of them are amazing and really strong smelling and the other one is average as but for the most part they are better than a lot of the other candles out there in a similar price bracket
Which are the good ones?
Which one is meh?

Reactions: 1
Be careful with these cleaning tips/tricks/hacks that Simone Anderson is sharing. She said you can clean your washing machine with dishwashing tablets. I googled it and experts say not to do that as it could not only damage your machine, but your clothes too. So she doesn't even take the time to do her research before sharing things she has stolen from facebook hack groups.

Reactions: 12
Which are the good ones?
Which one is meh?
French pear is my fave, I'm onto about number 4 or 5 of that one.
I've smelt the Christmas ones at a pharmacy and they are pretty good. The Easter "hot cross buns" one is awful. It's untouched from Easter 2021.

Be careful with these cleaning tips/tricks/hacks that Simone Anderson is sharing. She said you can clean your washing machine with dishwashing tablets. I googled it and experts say not to do that as it could not only damage your machine, but your clothes too. So she doesn't even take the time to do her research before sharing things she has stolen from facebook hack groups.
She'll just get a new sponsored one, easy come easy go!
She's dropped hints about a new laundry hasn't she? She'll be after the Mitre 10 freebie #spon

Reactions: 4
I am hope you are doing okay now and not comparing yourself to her or other people. ❤

All kids develop at different times - some quickly, some typically, some very slowly, some with a lot of therapy, and some not at all - and that's okay. Some kids sleep through the night early on, some still need a midnight cuddle at 10 years old. It's rarely due to how you parented them - it's their journey they are on.

It's easy for parents to think their parenting created a genius baby or a well-behaved baby - and unfortunately some influencers imply that to their followers. But don't worry, when they have another child that will all change 😂
Thank you! Yes I’ve learnt that she lives in a different world and try not to compare.

It’s also easy to portray the good stuff and not the bad stuff.

It just makes her more obviously fake as she portrays her perfect world.

Reactions: 5
Oh my goodness I cannot with oneinabullion. She must've been literally reading this thread constantly because the minute her name was posted she was on it like a spider in wait. And now the big poor me... asking all her followers who don't know her to unfollow her 😂😂 what the actual f..... so much drama.... just like her big I'm leaving Instagram but never actually left.... watch this space ... this will be I'm leaving 2.0 she honestly seems too fragile to be in the influencer world, because if you don't like what people have to say don't read... "it's simple, don't follow me" same goes in this instance. She was always too aggressive to her followers and now she's asking those very same people who helped support her and provided her with the platform for gifted products and ads to unfollow.... I think that's incredibly rude to everyone who supported her in the first instance.

Reactions: 17
Oh my goodness I cannot with oneinabullion. She must've been literally reading this thread constantly because the minute her name was posted she was on it like a spider in wait. And now the big poor me... asking all her followers who don't know her to unfollow her 😂😂 what the actual f..... so much drama.... just like her big I'm leaving Instagram but never actually left.... watch this space ... this will be I'm leaving 2.0 she honestly seems too fragile to be in the influencer world, because if you don't like what people have to say don't read... "it's simple, don't follow me" same goes in this instance. She was always too aggressive to her followers and now she's asking those very same people who helped support her and provided her with the platform for gifted products and ads to unfollow.... I think that's incredibly rude to everyone who supported her in the first instance.
So bleeping lazy asking people to unfollow if she doesn’t know you. Go through and delete them yourselves 😂😂

• Haha
I get that Danni’s content is sometimes provocative (& mostly tit! Mortgage free means paying off a mortgage, not being unable to afford one in the first place), but I find the childfree content refreshing on a “mommy-blogger” saturated platform.

Her posting unoriginal spon-tent with the caption “you know what to do” and “go engage, I don’t want to go back to my old job” drives me up the frkn wall however. If you do your “job” properly, people will engage. How companies pay her to beg for engagement, rather than generate it through good marketing is beyond me 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 10
Lol yes I was blocked cause I followed Pebbles and I didn’t even follow Simone. Like she must have SO much time to worry about that tit and do all that admin.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.