New Zealand Influencers and Public Figures #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Be careful with these cleaning tips/tricks/hacks that Simone Anderson is sharing. She said you can clean your washing machine with dishwashing tablets. I googled it and experts say not to do that as it could not only damage your machine, but your clothes too. So she doesn't even take the time to do her research before sharing things she has stolen from facebook hack groups.
She doesn't care, she'll just get gifted another one anyway

Reactions: 1
But she’s “Damned if she does, and Damned if she doesn’t” how are you “damned” if your don’t??!!
Right from the start you could tell she’s gagging for the attention. Be like the other surrogate maybe, don’t try so hard?!
Also you’ve held your tounge but now your not? Gosh what shall we do, the “big guns” are onto the forum, babes if you don’t like it DONT READ AND DONT FOLLOW!
She will be watching closely to see if she gets mentioned after she posted her story, hoping in anticipation so she can get some more follows and #gifted tit!
If you’re reading a forum that isn’t your vibe, stop reading! Same rules apply

Reactions: 13
Yes! The big dramatic goodbye Instagram reel with the caption about her time in the gram being over but it lasted overnight ?!?

I also struggled with her constantly hinting “somethings in the pipeline but I can’t talk about it”. Then don’t mention anything at all!
Has she always been private or has she just had a hissy fit and locked it down lol

• Haha
Reactions: 2
One in a bullion is definitely witch vibes and it’s so clear she wants to be an influencer
Well she's completely self sabotaged herself today.... asking her followers to unfollow her probably thinking that instead she'll get sympathy but thousands have done exactly as she asked 😅😂 wouldn't it of been just as easy to start up a private account and follow only the people you know and want to rather then ask everyone to unfollow you. This is blatant attention seeking at its finest.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I just wanted to say that I think we should also take responsibilty over what we choose to consume online. If posts of a seemingly perfect life is making you feel bad about your totally normal (and realistic) one, then maybe actively avoid them. I'm in no way defending SA's or other influencer's posts but just know for myself when its starting to affect me mentally and I choose to stay away.
We have no control over what they put out there and could only hope they become more mindful of it but I know I have control over what I choose to absorb from what I see online.

Reactions: 17
Well she's completely self sabotaged herself today.... asking her followers to unfollow her probably thinking that instead she'll get sympathy but thousands have done exactly as she asked 😅😂 wouldn't it of been just as easy to start up a private account and follow only the people you know and want to rather then ask everyone to unfollow you. This is blatant attention seeking at its finest.
🤣 So predictable, then we will get the whole “I’ve decided I’m not going to let them get me down, I’m strong, I’m this, I’m that and I’ll continue doing what I enjoy” she wanks on constantly about she never wanted her page to get to that size, riiiigghht! 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 10
UMMM i really wanna know if LFYD got on their flight. All those Airport reality shows I've watched show that once check in is closed it is CLOSED, nobody gets through. Unless they checked in online? I know you can do that for domestic flights. Not sure about international.
Very true! I was denied boarding on a domestic flight the other day because I was trying to check in just seconds before the 'Closed' sign went up ... the airport attendant was lovely - so helpful - but despite radioing the crew they said no way, no exceptions - not even for high-priority cases (of which I was not) ... apparently they've tightened up on a lot of that stuff just recently. (Thankfully I was able to rebook on a flight an hour later).

Reactions: 4
I'd hardly say I was worked up about women swearing, l just don't think its half as smart or edgy as they do. Am l a snob? Maybe.

And l don't demand anyone be a perfect anything...however, if you're gonna get on your high horse about something, publicly appointing yourself as insightful knowledge shares, you probably want to get it right.

I also agreed with her point.

I don't like either account - l find them irritating, fake & their whole feminist/political activist schtick makes me want to scream; but hey, im sure they couldn't care less and l only looked after comments here. (Not something im going to make a habit of - God knows there's enough in the world to infuriate me already - you know - things that matter. )

Which are the good ones?
Which one is meh?
I have the tobacco and vanilla and that one is my favourite on a cold day - the whole house smells delicious and I also have blackberry Forest which is incredible but quite sweet. Smells how a fairy’s fart would smell 😂 I also have Peonies and Nectarine and that one is disappointing - doesn’t put out much smell at all! I have heard good things about Caramel Latte and Whiskey Room too so if I buy more those will be my next ones

On another note can we talk about LFYD's Nanny - Kelly.
I really like Kelly, from what I've seen she is down to earth, lovely and does so much for them. I sometimes feel so sad for her, I wonder if she'll ever have her own family one day or does she view Frankie and Lulu as her own kids. I worry for a day when she might not have a visa and has to leave the country... I can't imagine how much this would affect Frankie and eventually Lulu. I'm not a fan of LFYD but I think it's pretty cool for them to take Kelly back and meet all her family because she's done so much for them all. Wouldn't it be good if we all had a Kelly in our lives.... we know the 'influencers' are definitely here and reading these.. especially lately... so Kelly if you see this - your the real MVP here!!!!

Reactions: 25
Then again, when you talk about having "worked with" home cleaning supply companies in the past & offer tips on keeping your house clean, you are opening the door to comments.
I have to agree with this - and it's why that Lyndsey 'Queen of Clean' (UK) woman and Hinch get a lot of flak if anything's out of place too.

If you're going to tout yourself as some home cleaning guru, then make sure you walk the talk.

I had no idea who this Rebecca woman was, but felt sorry for her when watching her stories - I hope she's okay. I thought her house looked gorgeous!

Can you edit a post after you post it? I realise I missed a couple of words/spelling mistakes in my last one.

30part rant
Mum & baby's well-being
of not if
Only if the 'edit' option is still showing ... I think it stays up for 10 or so minutes (possibly longer). If you do edit your post, but someone quotes the unedited version in the meantime, your edits won't automatically update.

Yes! Honestly it's disgusting how much she has managed to squeeze out of people. She sits around hinting until it happens, I don't know how her ass kissers don't see it.

She waits for the paint to be sponsored because apparently can't afford it 😂....She managed to pay for a trip to Europe in August though 🤷

Omg yes she was hinting badly and even tagging Toyota! I guess she's trying to see how big she can go with the handouts.
It's shameful behaviour in my opinion! If she desperately wants a Toyota, she should do what most people do - scour Trade Me or car yards and look for something you can afford! Haggle if you must, but don't expect people to give it to you free.

Reactions: 3
I have to agree with this - and it's why that Lyndsey 'Queen of Clean' (UK) woman and Hinch get a lot of flak if anything's out of place too.

If you're going to tout yourself as some home cleaning guru, then make sure you walk the talk.

I had no idea who this Rebecca woman was, but felt sorry for her when watching her stories - I hope she's okay. I thought her house looked gorgeous!

Only if the 'edit' option is still showing ... I think it stays up for 10 or so minutes (possibly longer). If you do edit your post, but someone quotes the unedited version in the meantime, your edits won't automatically update.

It's shameful behaviour in my opinion! If she desperately wants a Toyota, she should do what most people do - scour Trade Me or car yards and look for something you can afford! Haggle if you must, but don't expect people to give it to you free.
Oh goodness no, they're going to buy a fancy pants electric car now 😂

I just wanted to say that I think we should also take responsibilty over what we choose to consume online. If posts of a seemingly perfect life is making you feel bad about your totally normal (and realistic) one, then maybe actively avoid them. I'm in no way defending SA's or other influencer's posts but just know for myself when its starting to affect me mentally and I choose to stay away.
We have no control over what they put out there and could only hope they become more mindful of it but I know I have control over what I choose to absorb from what I see online.
I agree and also think if someone has a locked account and you choose to follow them even though you think they are fake and bad people then that’s searching for things to get worked up about. You can’t avoid most big influencers unless you block them because the algorithm serves them up to you so in my opinion that’s fair but if you get upset people are swearing or sharing political stuff when they have locked accounts and you’ve searched for it. I personally think that’s on you. I think criticism of faking a perfect life and having too much ads or taking advantage of vulnerable people is fair but some of the petty stuff is worse than what the influencers are doing. If you think Rebecca Keil has a cleaning account you mustn’t follow her or know anything about her.

Reactions: 7
Long time reader, first time poster.

I can absolutely take all of Simone's ads and unboxing videos, what literally makes me siiiiick to my stomach is the toxic positivity around parenting and home life. I can just imagine as a new Mum watching Simone gush and cry over the instant love and connection for her baby, the unrealistic house cleaning at 5am, the baby who sleeps 12 hrs uninterupted from 11 weeks and living life with not a hair out of place would be so tough. Comparison is the route of depression. She has lost all ability for people to relate too! It's just so gross. And so fake. I feel there is no duty of care for her audience!

And the toxic consumerism too, like last week when she was gifted like 20 packets of lemon juice and lime juice. Like just why? Does she not realise how glutinous that is? And while the rest of everyday New Zealanders are struggling with the inflation crisis you want to show up on the internet hoarding free tit THAT YOU DONT EVEN NEED. Honestly I really hope she reads this comment and thinks, actually I probably could do a bit better here.

Also without pointing out something incredibly obvious.. these threads have been directed at what I can mostly see as effluent white woman - who a majority flaunt wealth and lifestyle. I wish brands would see what actually the people we are probably more influenced by Māori and Indigenous influencers - thinking like Nix, Jodanwithawhy etc who probably keep it a lot more real than this toxic positive tit we see.

Ahh been keeping that to myself for the last 3 forums 😂
I do agree with most of your comments but you lost me in the second-to-last paragraph ... for the love of God, please leave race out of it. I get so sick and tired of reading and hearing about 'white privilege' blah blah blah all the time. It really pisses me off!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I do agree with most of your comments but you lost me in the second-to-last paragraph ... for the love of God, please leave race out of it. I get so sick and tired of reading and hearing about 'white privilege' blah blah blah all the time. It really pisses me off!
Agree re race - I did enjoy the “effluent” white women though. I know affluent was meant, but effluent is equally fitting 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
There’s a few places!
I used to have a little cottage industry business selling - among other handmade / created things - fragranced soy wax candles and melts. I bought most of my supplies from Candle Creations (Auckland) and Zen Aroma (Tauranga); occasionally I'd buy fragrances from Candle Supply (Sydney) if I couldn't find what I needed.

Be very careful about where you buy your supplies from ... a friend bought Chanel No. 5 fragrance oil from a seller on Trade Me and it was so watered/oiled down that it barely had any scent. I imagine there are probably a few people out there who buy the fragrances from the main suppliers (like those I've mentioned above), and see it as a chance to make some money by watering/oiling it down and selling it for a profit!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.