New Zealand Influencers and Public Figures #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One person who irks me that I've had to stop following is Oneinabullion. She posts questions boxes and then proceeds to be aggressive in her responses. Not long ago she was all like 'Instagram isn't for me I'm not posting anymore' but literally didn't stop for even a day. I truly feel like she always offered to be a surrogate knowing it would thrust her into the influencer world riding LFYD coat tails. I really liked their last surrogate Alisha and felt she was genuine but there is something really off about oneinabullion that rubs me the wrong way... I think it was how she was happy to publicly share her journey but would get defensive and aggressive towards followers who asked genuine questions.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
And it gives me the ick when she calls Trent "baby". He looks like the type to have long fingernails too 🤮
that's so hilariously specific. She and Trent have such a scared look of desperation in their eyes when they're on camera together. Actually Simone just has that look all the time. She's like a black hole of charisma

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Carmen Lett - my youngest son was born prematurely with low blood sugar. Once he was discharged from SCBU and put on the maternity ward with me we were told we needed to buzz and have his blood sugars tested before I fed him, every time.

Carmen came in one time and literally rolled her eyes when I said why we buzzed before going off to get what she needed to test his sugars. She was very cold and snobby and made my husband and I feel like we were inconvienicing her, made me feel dumb when I asked a couple of questions. Not a great experience for two parents who had just gone through a pretty scary few days with a preemie baby and were experiencing lots of new things considering I'd had two straight forward natural births in a birth centre previously.

I also know quite a few people who have worked alongside her during her time working at the hospital that also said the same. She was snobby, acted too good for everyone, mean girl vibes. I enjoyed her content before this experience but unfollowed her straight away.

P.S I did not mention to her that I followed her or anything when she came in - I was trying to be respectful since she was at her job. Maybe she would've been nicer if I fan girled over her when she walked in the room?

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
My children attend the same childcare centre as Cheries children - well just Kit now. And the few times I've seen her there she's been very nice, smiled and said good morning or afternoon, held the gate open for me and thanked me when I've held it open for her.

She's also super tall!

Reactions: 16
Does anyone else notice ellie from loving ellies belly pronounces their company name wrong? Its a french word that means bee and it most definitely isnt pronounced abby ell. Is it the bogan in her that does it? Grinds my gears!
I did see that and laugh, but maybe im just being snobby.

Are they any good?

Reactions: 1
I see Mandy got little tiny AD down the bottom of page so you have to look.

Feels like Simone is in a world where she's blind to see whats around her. Everything AD pays for absolutely nothing except her outdoor area covering shade thing, even got a spa pool during level 3 wasnt it when we had a water crisis but still managed to fill it. Doesn't pay for food which others struggle to even do, doesnt pay for clothes or clothes for asher even trent gets gifted clothes. I went to oscar and co after she and other influencers went- disapointed, went to loxys - disapointed. You can't even trust what they say cause they are just walking billboards for free gifted stuff. See shes got the latest Dyson now too I see. She doesnt even pay to go to the gym.
And what about the ones that get power for free from the power shop, they have no idea

Reactions: 12

Feels like Simone is in a world where she's blind to see whats around her. Everything AD pays for absolutely nothing except her outdoor area covering shade thing, even got a spa pool during level 3 wasnt it when we had a water crisis but still managed to fill it. Doesn't pay for food which others struggle to even do, doesnt pay for clothes or clothes for asher even trent gets gifted clothes. I went to oscar and co after she and other influencers went- disapointed, went to loxys - disapointed. You can't even trust what they say cause they are just walking billboards for free gifted stuff. See shes got the latest Dyson now too I see. She doesnt even pay to go to the gym.
And what about the ones that get power for free from the power shop, they have no idea
That’s what I don’t understand about Simone and the others like her? The difference between an influencer and an ad on tv is that an influencer is supposed to have tried the product/service and really be recommending them. When Simone says Redkin has a new shampoo out but we know for a fact she uses a different brand… what’s the point? Would someone buy it just because Simone says it exists? It’s wild to me

Reactions: 13
The one thing I don't like about HMHC is she gets super hissy about people messaging her about stuff and says she'll happily block them but yet she also asks people to call her out on things!!

And her super patronizing about sobriety. "I implore you all to think about your drinking habits and reassess" blah blah blah. You stick to your coffee addiction and I'll stick to my wine and gin lol

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Simone has her own activewear line, yet pedals the free stuff from Lorna Jane and Aim'n that she gets. I really don't understand that logic?? Shouldn't you be pushing your own wee brand instead of those bigger ones? I'm sure she's wearing the free stuff once then selling it on - $$$$

Another unrealistic thing about her is the storage unit, god forbid she has a bit of clutter in her home. Gotta go to the perfectly curated storage unit with the sistema containers all labelled and put away the Christmas crockery. Definitely can't put that on a shelf in the pantry like most people.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
One person who irks me that I've had to stop following is Oneinabullion. She posts questions boxes and then proceeds to be aggressive in her responses. Not long ago she was all like 'Instagram isn't for me I'm not posting anymore' but literally didn't stop for even a day. I truly feel like she always offered to be a surrogate knowing it would thrust her into the influencer world riding LFYD coat tails. I really liked their last surrogate Alisha and felt she was genuine but there is something really off about oneinabullion that rubs me the wrong way... I think it was how she was happy to publicly share her journey but would get defensive and aggressive towards followers who asked genuine questions.
Yes! came here just for this. I never understand why people have the question box and then are so rude about answers. I tried asking her several things while she was pregnant and her answers were really patronizing so I unfollowed. I understand that influences don't owe us all the answers but the aggressive defensiveness is off putting.

Reactions: 6
I did see that and laugh, but maybe im just being snobby.

Are they any good?

Im not a fan, and have always thought they were a bit over priced and expressed that to them in the early days. Got told that they are premium candles. Hmm not so sure about that but some people love them. I just know if i msg and ask if they are intentionally boganing their business name ill get hate and blocked!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I've met her and she is exactly like that in person too

Simone has her own activewear line, yet pedals the free stuff from Lorna Jane and Aim'n that she gets. I really don't understand that logic?? Shouldn't you be pushing your own wee brand instead of those bigger ones? I'm sure she's wearing the free stuff once then selling it on - $$$$

Another unrealistic thing about her is the storage unit, god forbid she has a bit of clutter in her home. Gotta go to the perfectly curated storage unit with the sistema containers all labelled and put away the Christmas crockery. Definitely can't put that on a shelf in the pantry like most people.
That's always confused me too! The definition of a conflict of interest. And don't get me started on the storage unit oh lordy.

That’s what I don’t understand about Simone and the others like her? The difference between an influencer and an ad on tv is that an influencer is supposed to have tried the product/service and really be recommending them. When Simone says Redkin has a new shampoo out but we know for a fact she uses a different brand… what’s the point? Would someone buy it just because Simone says it exists? It’s wild to me
Yes! Like we might want to genuinely know someone's opinion on something but how can we when we know it's scripted?

that's so hilariously specific. She and Trent have such a scared look of desperation in their eyes when they're on camera together. Actually Simone just has that look all the time. She's like a black hole of charisma
Ick ick ick. And it's so forced too. Remember he is gay though 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: 4

It so sad because these big companies could give to the less unfortunate but they give to influencers.
I would never ever buy from any company the gives to influencers. I think everyone needs to boycott them!

Reactions: 9
Im not a fan, and have always thought they were a bit over priced and expressed that to them in the early days. Got told that they are premium candles. Hmm not so sure about that but some people love them. I just know if i msg and ask if they are intentionally boganing their business name ill get hate and blocked!

Whispering: DO IT! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
100% shouldn’t of been named but how dangerous is it really and why would you have your kids on there if it’s that bad. You can’t get into our daycare without a teacher letting you in there’s no way they’ll be letting randoms in off the street and taking babies. I’d be more worried about people knowing where my house is personally.
Yep you definitely can't just walk in off the street, especially in Auckland.

She made such a big deal about leaving the gram and made out like people were all upset and then came back almost automatically to do some ad and now posts every day again like nothing happened

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Yes! came here just for this. I never understand why people have the question box and then are so rude about answers. I tried asking her several things while she was pregnant and her answers were really patronizing so I unfollowed. I understand that influences don't owe us all the answers but the aggressive defensiveness is off putting.
I like her too. I followed for a bit, never engaged with her though but enjoyed her journey, then she blocked me for no reason at all?

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.