Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Panda88

Chatty Member
Is anyone else happy Coachella was cancelled this year, so we didn't have to deal with the second hand embarrassment of those outfits the Irish lot would wear while everyone in the background was wearing normal festival attire of runners and shorts and t-shirts?😂

• Haha
Reactions: 40

TeaPleaseMM466

Ugh she’s on the cover of Stellar December issue with more NY moaning about the curveball that has been “thrown my way this year”..
Ah we’ve all had curveballs thrown at us this year Louise piss off ya dope you wouldn’t know a days hardship if it slapped you in the face
Stellar are just cheapening their brand issue by issue. How amazing would it have been to have a leading women's magazine showcase some of the amazing women that led through change to close out 2020 on Ireland? Like doctors and nurses, teachers, care home staff, police. Showcase stories of diverse women out leading through a crisis and having a real impact. But no, we get the same flashy smiled, white girl influencer, month after month. It's so uninspiring and fuels this ditsy uneducated culture the influencers are driving.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I don't think a lot of people have an issue with her coming home..personally I had an issue with her going to "isolate" in Doolin but going out for walks every day where she could have come in contact with locals from the area. She could have isolated at home.
Did she not just wander the roads within 2kms of the house she was in? From what I saw, she got food deliveries, she didn’t go near the village or visit anyone. Better that than infect her family being cooped up in a house with them. Look, I hate the influencer world, but at the end of the day she’s only a girl that takes pictures of herself In tatty fast fashion for money, this is her first pandemic like the rest of us, she isn’t Dr. Cooney, she isn’t a scientist, and she doesn’t have a degree in immunology. No-one should be looking to her for advice on how to weather a pandemic!

Reactions: 32

MrsGyllenhall

VIP Member
Am I seeing things..Louise has just posted a grid pic saying "Such a treat to get out of the house these days"🤣🤣🤣🤣WTF!!Same girl has seen more of Ireland than a Paddy Wagon tour these past few months never ever stops going🙄🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Louise is an absolute idiot. Traipsing around the whole country visiting everyone and their nan mourning the loss of “her summer” as she wanted it to be completely blind to the fact that most of our lives are in a heap and on hold. Sorry but if I hear her go on about New York one more time I’ll lose my marbles. Okay so it wasn’t meant to be. Move on! She brings it up in every single post. Most of our lives are down the shitter Louise have some self awareness. Another thing that annoys me is her prancing about half naked in her pretty little thing tat. I can’t imagine sauntering about my house in half nothing with my dad and brother about 🙈 that probably says more about me than her but Jesus, I cringe at the shit she wears. Fabulous figure don’t get me wrong but what’s with the teeny shorts and low cut top while slothing it out on the couch at home in Limerick.
I think she’s the type of person who watched too many American cheesy cheerleading movies as a teen and now wants to recreate that life for herself in ny, the next Lauren Conrad making it big in fashion. Most of us grew out of that shite at the age of 19 and got into the real world but it’s like she’s still stuck in that teenybopper age. And don’t get me started on poor cooper in NY. She wanted him for the insta pics but the poor thing was depressed from the minute he got off the plane

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Normalgal

I drive a merc. I hate to sound shallow but it was a milestone for me, bought with my own hard earned money, and sacrificed other things to get it. This has put me right off the brand, and that dealership I would NEVER deal with after seeing that post. Years & years spent studying, CVS sent left, right and centre to get a good job, working tirelessly, eventually spent the money on something frivolous as a bit of fun, and this lady who’s barely done a real day’s work in her life, is driving the same car, gifted. Vom. No better than the wags.

And supporting “affordable”, seemingly slave labour fashion...this girl is insane

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

J.BFletcher

Chatty Member
Mystery man... reveal yourself!
Is it Una Healy’s ex?
I know for a fact it isn’t. He wouldn’t associate himself with someone who isn’t intelligent.

Louise is an absolute idiot. Traipsing around the whole country visiting everyone and their nan mourning the loss of “her summer” as she wanted it to be completely blind to the fact that most of our lives are in a heap and on hold. Sorry but if I hear her go on about New York one more time I’ll lose my marbles. Okay so it wasn’t meant to be. Move on! She brings it up in every single post. Most of our lives are down the shitter Louise have some self awareness. Another thing that annoys me is her prancing about half naked in her pretty little thing tat. I can’t imagine sauntering about my house in half nothing with my dad and brother about 🙈 that probably says more about me than her but Jesus, I cringe at the shit she wears. Fabulous figure don’t get me wrong but what’s with the teeny shorts and low cut top while slothing it out on the couch at home in Limerick.
I think she’s the type of person who watched too many American cheesy cheerleading movies as a teen and now wants to recreate that life for herself in ny, the next Lauren Conrad making it big in fashion. Most of us grew out of that shite at the age of 19 and got into the real world but it’s like she’s still stuck in that teenybopper age. And don’t get me started on poor cooper in NY. She wanted him for the insta pics but the poor thing was depressed from the minute he got off the plane
That time she actually left the house wearing a tennis ensemble because she saw Lauren Arthurs wearing one... difference was Lauren was actually playing tennis! Frilly mini skirts were a thing of my past 20 years ago at the teenage discos. Def not for walking around Limerick City.

I don’t know how it has taken me so long to find this thread but I have thoroughly enjoyed reading the comments. Hilarious, but also infuriating! Bare with me on this rant!

I started following Louise thinking “she’s pretty down to earth” but to be honest I think I was nosing more than anything on what it would be like to live in New York. Like what it would be like for a “normal” girl, not Retroflame. I could never identify with that. Louise has been following a dream since forever. “Modelling” (If you could call it that) on the high line in NY was the only fashion related thing I watched her do over there. She just doesn’t have what it takes to cut the mustard. Celia Holman Lee has giving so many tall, skinny, unattractive girls a skewed view of their capabilities in the modelling world. Now Louise isn’t unattractive by any means but she was trained by CHL to believe that she was worthy of an American catwalk which we all know is ridiculous. She signed up to an agency in NY. I checked that out too and it didn’t seem too legit or that it would benefit her in any way. Her trying to make friends with random ejit instagrammers because she was so lonely over there and needed new American followers was so desperate. I started appreciating my own mundane life more watching that.

Packing up Cooper to live with her was the most selfish thing she could have done at the time. NY is one of those cities where you can bring your dog/cat into 80% of the premises but she shunned him for the bright lights of NY and parties/events with her contracted agency friends!

Now, driving around Ireland during Covid is the most selfish thing she has done. She’s trying so hard to drum up content that she’s forgotten why she’s at home and everything she’s ever said about staying safe and social distancing. She’s going back to Dublin next week to see Cooper. 🙄 I suppose that’s a better excuse than going to the gym or the hairdressers. She has a contract to fulfil in Limerick though. She’s only gone and become Limerick’s tourism ambassador with Limerick.ie. She’s only posted about it in her stories and nothing on her grid. Pisses me off because Louise loves NY, not Limerick. In fact she’s probably spent more time outside Limerick than she has there since restrictions were lifted.

One last thing on the whole “who is her fella” fiasco! She spent so long in NY giving out advice about dating and saying how picky she was and she knows If something will last after one date. She comes home and she’s off galavanting around the country with someone! She has to have known him from before and she clearly had to cure her case of cobweb fanny after so many months on the dry!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
I heard that when Louise moved to New York her dad was trying to get her car insured under her name (so she wouldn’t lose her no claims) and have her brother as a named driver on the car so he could use the car without paying a bomb for insurance. He lied about Louise living in Ireland and all. The person who took the call follows Louise and thought it seems suspicious so asked a couple time was he sure she was living in Ireland and he lied. She had to report it to her supervisor and the insurance was cancelled. Such a stupid thing to do because of her brother was in an accident and they realised she wasn’t in the country the insurance would have been void!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 27

TeaPleaseMM466

Ive always been a fan of Louise and my heart sunk watching her stories just now esp after her recent chat around boohoo and how she's really going to think about what brands she works with and for what reason.

I agree with whoever said above about how she had the perfect opportunity to use her platform to do good - promote eco friendly car / second hand / efficient but she's went with the first offer for selfish reasons and hadn't planned long term what she wants her platform to be about.

So disappointed to read her response to a follower who asked a genuine question to understand her partnership more it wasnt judging or trolling it was - hey Louise, I'm a follower of yours can you tell us more about how your doing this. And she responded so mean and she turned into the troll. I guess shows she's perhaps insecure and defensive.

She was one of the few bloggers who was always transparent about how her partnerships worked and why she worked with a brand - watch her old vlogs, now she's just morphed into the standard 'il take all freebies I can get' blogger who brings no value or authenticity to her following.

When I was her age (maybe older, 30ish) & in a really well paid job & doing alot of driving, I bought a VW Polo new after having a used golf as my first car for years. It was my first new car I was so proud of, not exactly 'chic' but it did the job and was reliable and I loved beating around in it.

Anyway I'm rambling now but I feel sorry for Louise, she's drifting into this false luxury driven lifestyle that isn't realistic or relevant in these times and she is loosing respect for doing so - esp in light of people loading jobs, people dying and the world essentially in a crisis. Go and try get a proper job Louise, build up a career and use your ambition for good, keep blogging on the side on topics you really love and you will remain authentic.

Reactions: 26

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I wish to fuck they’d lock down limerick.
keep this bint, her depressed dog and her fucking “chic” car away from the rest of Ireland.

She NEVER had any intention of going back to NYC. She'll always use covid as the reason it all went pear shaped but we all know it went pear shaped long before covid - when she brought the dog with her it was game over. She got very little work and just couldn't cut it out there. All the updates saying ' oh I don't know if i'll go back, i hope i can go back ' what utter bollox
TRUTH!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 26

Okay!

Sorry? My husband’s actually an incredibly hard worker. His salary depends on the hours he works, so the harder he works the more he gets paid. There is such a shitty, begrudging attitude towards anyone who has something nice!!! Fair enough people can be irritated by Louise Cooney getting a high end car for free, but Jesus, being bitter for someone who actually worked for their money, saved it, and bought their car is insane. Grow up.
Get a fucking grip. What I meant was lower paid workers also work harder. It's great your husband works hard and all and I don't doubt he does but what I was saying was if you weren't so quick to take offence is that working hard has nothing to do with being able to afford nice things. Nurses work damn hard and do you think they can just walk in and buy a brand new merc... No!! I couldn't give a shite what cars people do or do not have but again having the ability to save and buy a new fancy car does not just equate to hard work!! And just as an aside you're the one that mentioned your husband was in a well paid job. Nothing about it not being salaried or anything etc. Not everyone who doesn't agree with you is bitter or jealous or begrudging. There are plenty of people who do the bare minimum at work but are well paid so can afford these things so I don't agree with a blanket if you work hard you'll be able to have these things too.

The impression i got was that the person meant that people in lower paid jobs also work very hard... anyways lets not get too hung up about it but i just dont think the poster meant to take from them just a reminder that for a lot of reasons a lot of people can work hard a never be in a poition to buy brand new mercs or otherwise
Yup thanks for actually getting what I meant.

Last edited:
Reactions: 25

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
It just goes to show that as much as they try and relate to their average follower, they will never be truly relatable because they are on extortionate earnings. As much as they try to connect with their ASOS this and missguided that, we need to keep in mind that these people are on different playing fields altogether and we will never be level with them, so as relatable as they may seem it’s pointless trying to emulate their lifestyle. They live on another planet entirely. I think that’s where the danger lies. We know the likes of Kendall Jenner is filthy rich and unrelatable. But the likes of Louise started off talking to her phone in her bedroom as a nobody; shared her ups and downs, troubles and woes and now all of a sudden she has thousands in the bank and I’m still broke. We think they’re just like us but they’re not. I think a lot of the younger generation forget that, so trying to buy what they buy or have what they have is pointless because they have far more disposable income than we could ever dream of having. All while trying to appear just like us.

Reactions: 24

Maydm

Does anyone else think The whole Covid situation has shown All the Insta huns how irrelevant they actually are.

Reactions: 24

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
“Don’t let the weather put you off going for a run. Unless you want to have a lazy day haha”

A lazy day? Most of us are at work Louise. Does she think we too spend most of our days parading around our good sitting room in mini skirts with absolutely no purpose?

Reactions: 23
That one she is friends with, Belle Azure or whatever. What a pointless influencer. Who follows her and what do they get out of her? Same with Lauren Arthurs. What is the point of her? All she does is show freebie after freebie and go on about her walks. Total snooze fest
She is a complete MELT - the crazy side parting, Awful style, spending her time on holidays in the states going to fucking soul cycle and the Outrageously over the top tack-o-rama hen in Miami?! Like who the fuck do these wans think they are? You’re from dunshaughlin, and you live in a semi d new build you’re not a long lost kardashian

• Haha
Reactions: 23

Tellmethis

A girl I work with had an evening job in a hotel, and Louise was the talk of the place when she stayed there.
She was gifted the room and food, but not drink.
She had her comped dinner in the restaurant, and ordered a taxi into the town around 2 miles away, to buy wine at the off licence and pay the corkage fee instead of paying for drink at the hotel.
She was difficult and grabby with the staff especially this big fuss over the wine.
Not one bit surprised but I think businesses that stoop to the lowest level of marketing/promotion which in my opinion is giving freebies to and paying “influencers” deserve what they get.

I am completely put off brands and businesses that deal with them. I’d avoid a hotel that gave a free room to any of them, and as for a Daniel Wellington watch 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22