Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

palmer

Chatty Member
I actually had to give up half way through - it was so bad. Can't remember who (from Gleam) they had join them but Gleam is apparently a GREAT place to work with women supporting women and no egos which might bring less senior women down. And Anna and Lily are great examples of how women support women and how their relationship is so special because they put their friendship first and their ego/work priorities second. So all nice and sunny in their Worlds. As somebody who actually faced discrimination and bullying in the workplace - from men and women - I found nothing they had to say was worth anything. It was just another "aren't our lives FANTASTIC - pat ourselves on the back'. They then asked the Gleam girl about maternity policies and she was like 'i don't work in HR'. SURELY the better format would've been having a guest who can talk about gender inequality in the work place - maybe an employment lawyer who can give REAL information about the subject or maybe someone who has been through experience of taking their former workplace to tribunal for gender inequality and what that journey was like. And for the mat leave section - get a HR expert in to outline what your ML rights are, explain how ML differs and what you should be entitled to when you return - maybe something on flexible working. But that might involve using some of that sweet sweet sponsorship money to actually pay a woman for her time/expertise.
It's always the same story with these two.
  • Deciding whether to go to uni/choosing the right subject to study: Well, we didn't end up using our degrees for anything, so we've never had this problem!
  • Figuring out your dream career/finding the right job: Well, we both started blogging at uni and it turned into a career by the time we graduated, so we've never had this problem!
  • Relationships/finding a suitable partner: Well, we both married the first guy we found, so we've never had this problem!
  • Becoming property owners/managing finances: Well, we both bought our first properties before we turned 30, so we've never had this problem!
  • Gender discrimination/harassment in the workplace: Well, the place we work is full of women supporting women, so we've never had this problem!
  • Racism/poverty/health issues/hate crimes/literally any other form of struggle people experience in life: Well, we are both white/rich/heterosexual/cisgender/healthy/able/married/surrounded by family and friends, so we've never had this problem!
Then why the F are you trying to host a podcast where you discuss these topics, you effin' morons?!!!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 102

Linzoidd

Oh wow! 😲..I need more information on this. What happened?
First time posting but this seems like a good time to contribute haha. I actually know Lucy and remember this. Lily worked at glossy box who posted a year long unpaid internship, probably expenses only, if that? Lucy tweeted that it was unfair because unless you have rich parents/ live in London it wasn’t possible. Lucy worked at McDonald’s at the time, to earn money in between various internships.
Lily then posted on her personal account something that basically said the reason she had a proper job and didn’t work in McDonald’s was because of internships. Clearly missing the point, as ever. Lucy’s the real winner to me and I’m not just saying that as I know her. I’d rather have worked in McDonald’s and end up as a beauty editor at stylist than selling out shilling things on the internet but who am I to comment?
I’m going to have to tell Lucy this was mentioned haha.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 64

poopettemetis

VIP Member
I just hope that women bigger than Lily don’t watch her content and think to themselves, “if she speaks so disparagingly about her body at a size 10/12 then I have to despise my body at a size 18+”. I don’t want to say she’s fatphobic, but she’s fatphobic.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 59

LA2019

Also does she actually respond to these people or just pat herself on the back for having received their heartfelt messages? I DMd her a couple of times after having my first baby, a similar time to her, just wanting her to discuss the difficulties with relationships/marriage post-baby as I was really struggling at the time and couldn't find anyone talking about it. Never got a response, it made me feel so much worse like I was just a terrible person for feeling what I was feeling. I know it's not on her to make me feel better but I just thought it was a topic she might cover, but oh well.
I messaged her a few times when she was struggling with BF - just to give words of encouragement and support and got no response. But when I messaged her when she was asking for 'product advice' for baby stuff she screen shot my message and reposted. And was then sent the item I recommended (cost for us plebs £200 plus) for free. That's when I really started to understand 1) what the game is and 2) what an awful person she is. Other influencers I've reached out to have at least acknowledged my message. She is literally the only once who hasn't.

I'm sorry she didn't respond to you at a time you were feeling quite vulnerable. She really doesn't ever want to put any work into properly engaging with her audience/building a relationship but then has the gall to talk about people 'being kind'.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 58

Fofoca

Chatty Member
She sounds like she is planning to hang up her laundry in the middle of Oxford Circus.
Well I’m a proper Londoner and that’s where I hang up my laundry. If there’s no space I’ll settle for Bond Street. Rather die than use Tottenham Court Rd though. And I REEL-y hate it when they put the Christmas lights up on my washing line.

• Haha
Reactions: 56

LA2019

Did they at least touch on the point that all missing women deserve our attention, regardless of your social status and race? I thought that would be a logical thing to say?
Nope. She mentioned Sarah Everard (using her full name cause she can pronounce it) and then said 'and Blessing who was found on a Sussex beach I think' and that was it.

I actually had to give up half way through - it was so bad. Can't remember who (from Gleam) they had join them but Gleam is apparently a GREAT place to work with women supporting women and no egos which might bring less senior women down. And Anna and Lily are great examples of how women support women and how their relationship is so special because they put their friendship first and their ego/work priorities second. So all nice and sunny in their Worlds. As somebody who actually faced discrimination and bullying in the workplace - from men and women - I found nothing they had to say was worth anything. It was just another "aren't our lives FANTASTIC - pat ourselves on the back'. They then asked the Gleam girl about maternity policies and she was like 'i don't work in HR'. SURELY the better format would've been having a guest who can talk about gender inequality in the work place - maybe an employment lawyer who can give REAL information about the subject or maybe someone who has been through experience of taking their former workplace to tribunal for gender inequality and what that journey was like. And for the mat leave section - get a HR expert in to outline what your ML rights are, explain how ML differs and what you should be entitled to when you return - maybe something on flexible working. But that might involve using some of that sweet sweet sponsorship money to actually pay a woman for her time/expertise.

I switched off when Lily starting talking about Rich using shared parental leave and saying how she was worried about telling her followers because its so unusual for a man to do that and she was worried about the response. Firstly, I had my child a few years before Lily and I would say around a third of families did shared parental leave - it's really not that unusual. Secondly, Lily never recognises it's her own internalised sexism that dictates her thinking on these things. If she truly believed that men should do equal amounts of childcare then she would be able to defend herself against any criticism.

Lol - Lily also mentioned at the start of the podcast that she loves ceramics - every pot/vase/plate she ever bought is from Zara or H&M!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 55

palmer

Chatty Member
I want to hear Lily’s inputs and what she thinks about her.
Lily’s just waiting for another influencer to write a post so she can repost it on her stories and say “been wanting to speak on this but I couldn’t put into words how I felt, however X here said exactly what I was thinking”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
  • Deciding whether to go to uni/choosing the right subject to study: Well, we didn't end up using our degrees for anything, so we've never had this problem!
  • Figuring out your dream career/finding the right job: Well, we both started blogging at uni and it turned into a career by the time we graduated, so we've never had this problem!
  • Relationships/finding a suitable partner: Well, we both married the first guy we found, so we've never had this problem!
  • Becoming property owners/managing finances: Well, we both bought our first properties before we turned 30, so we've never had this problem!
  • Gender discrimination/harassment in the workplace: Well, the place we work is full of women supporting women, so we've never had this problem!
  • Racism/poverty/health issues/hate crimes/literally any other form of struggle people experience in life: Well, we are both white/rich/healthy/able/married/surrounded by family and friends, so we've never had this problem!
Then why the F are you trying to host a podcast where you discuss these topics, you effin' morons?!!!
I love this. I wish you would leave this review under their podcast. BRILLIANT

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54

Ugholhere

VIP Member
Both of their horizons are so limited. They really have nothing of value to say about anything, even things that affect them personally.

The most outrage they displayed during this podcast was, when they went on about how annoying it was, that people thought that they just sit at home and do nothing while their husbands pay all the bills. 😂 People didn’t assume that because you are women...

But don’t worry, Lily set the record straight and said that she put more money down for their flat and made Rich sign a contract, so he only gets what he put in if they break up.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 51

PineappleTopper

Chatty Member
  • Racism/poverty/health issues/hate crimes/fertility problems/literally any other form of struggle people experience in life: Well, we are both white/rich/healthy/able/married/surrounded by family and friends, so we've never had this problem!
Favourite post ever. I can leave tattle now. You just summed them the fuck up!

• Heart
Reactions: 48

palmer

Chatty Member
Lily's hair struggle can be defined by one phrase: She wants to have the cake and eat it too.

She wants to have healthy hair while also:
- Straightening her hair everyday;
- Curling her hair on top of the straightening;
- Dying her hair;
- Manhandling her hair constantly (e.g. using elastic hair ties that cause breakage, putting her hair up in these crazy pineapple hairstyles which create knots);
- Sleeping on her unprotected hair (no hair wrap, silk scarf, or silk pillow);
- Eating like shit;
- Not using appropriate products (I guess Olaplex won't sponsor her...).

She wants instant fixes to her problems without having to make any kind of concessions. At some point, you have to make choices. You have to figure out your priorities. If you want results you are going to have to give up something. Whether that be dying your hair, or straightening (preferably both in her case, considering how dire the situation has become). She also has no patience or consistency. She hasn't even begun taking the supplement pills that she's already making excuses for herself about them (how she hates taking pills because they make her nauseous), which tells me it won't last long. Not that supplements will fix her problem.

She claims that her hair "could handle the heat" during renos and therefore heat processing must not be the issue now... For one, just because your hair once looked smooth from using products full of silicones doesn't mean it was healthy inside... Her hair--even at its "best"--has always looked limp, overprocessed, dry, and frizzy. And I mean, why would you ever assume that just because something (which is objectively really damaging) was "working" before, it will keep working forever? It's obvious that with time her hair is going to be less and less resilient to all this bullshit, especially when she's gone through something like pregnancy in the meantime. As she likes to always point out, her body's different from pre-pregnancy now--if it's different on the outside then chances are it's different on the inside too! Most likely her body won't be able to handle damage she was doing to it when she was younger, and that includes her hair! It's like how you can eat tons of candy as a kid and it won't affect you, whereas if you did that at 30 you'll likely feel sick from it. Why is it so hard for her to believe that it might be the same with hair styling?

I seriously think she is confusing hair loss and hair breakage. Hair loss can be caused by things like stress, hormonal imbalance due to pregnancy/coming on or off the pill/thyroid issues and so on. It just means you'll notice a lot of hair shedding (more than normal) all of a sudden, but then with time your hair growth will resume as normal (in terms of pregnancy related hair loss, your hair growth usually will be back to normal by your baby's 1st birthday). Now hair breakage on the other hand is more commonly caused by coloring/heat processing, not having regular enough haircuts (the split ends will travel up your hair causing it to break higher up), being too rough with your hair while brushing it or while towel drying, tight/repetitive hairstyles (if you wear your hair in a ponytail everyday it could wind up breaking around where you tie it), etc. When you look at Lily's hair, it's crystal clear that her hair has snapped in the middle. It's not just around the crown, it's literally all over. It's incredibly obvious that she's suffering from hair BREAKAGE, which is due to her styling habits as mentioned above. The strands of hair she always points to are NOT hair that has 'regrown', it's hair that has SNAPPED in half!

Finally, I will never ever get the logic behind the "I put my face on the internet everyday for my job so I can't have my hair look bad" excuse she gives herself for not doing the curly hair method / refusing to give up heat tools. It's clearly just a lazy excuse when the reality is she just doesn't want to put in any kind of effort toward anything...and she really just doesn’t like curly hair, she ultimately just WANTS to have straight hair. Killing her hair with straighteners everyday is just easier for her. Tell me one thing Lily--what looks worse? Having 'natural' hair for a few months as you transition into getting some nice curls back again, OR having this yellow/green-ish, broken, snappy, dry but greasy, uneven, thinning head of hair for years and years and years? With scenario no. 1, it'll only last a few months and it'll only get BETTER, whereas with scenario no. 2, it'll last a lifetime and it'll only get WORSE. For me, it'd be an easy choice. NO ONE on the internet cares if her hair looks 'weird' for a few months, because her hair already looks like pure shit RIGHT NOW! Giving up heat literally couldn't possibly make her hair look worse than it does currently. She's delusional and hiding behind this "my job forces me to show my face" excuse when really the only thing stopping her is HERSELF and the internalized self-hatred she has for her natural hair (which she’s not willing to work on at all, not even for the sake of her daughter).

Last edited:
  • Heart

Helmi

Omg already eye-rolling at her new video. She has the Clarins zoom call and sets up all her stuff in the kitchen table (including snacks for when she gets “a bit weak”. Is she serious???). Meanwhile she says that Rich and Grey have to “hide upstairs” until her call is over. You’ve got to be kidding me! This woman takes the biggest room as her office so “she” has to sleep in the tiny room and Rich can’t get a desk but then she has ALL her calls in the kitchen! She’s basically taking up the whole house! I can’t
I didn't even make it that far because I had to switch off after the laundry discussion. She says that she cannot dry laundry outdoors because British weather is so unpredictable. Then she says that she cannot do it because they live close to a busy road and the laundry would probably make the laundry "pollution-y" and it would smell like petrol. Then she asks from advice from her London viewers on the topic. Yes, Lily, because there absolutely are no other countries with unpredictable weather than the UK and no other big cities in the world than London so of course only Londoners would know how to deal with air drying laundry. What a twat.

Also, where does she think the air inside their house is coming from if the air outside is too polluted for her? She really does seem quite dim.

• Haha

LA2019

Worst podcast they have ever done - absolutely no research put in whatsoever. More of the same of their life experiences and nothing else. Absolutely shocking that they felt comfortable putting out the false information about statutory maternity pay too.
They have this bizarre notion that the general population seem to be people who either work 'in an office' or are an 'influencer'. It's totally unfathomable to them that women might be self employed in other industries, or that people work shift work or that women do manual work or that women who do low paid work. For them it's literally influencer or office worker. And they whenever they talk to someone who has a 'normal job' (what does that even mean?) it's like their on safari and seeing elephants in their natural habitat 'wow, that's so interesting' 'i never knew that' I actually find it borderline patronising.

The podcast was a massive missed opportunity to discuss how badly women have been impacted by the pandemic simply for being female. They could've got someone from PTS on to discuss their lawsuit against the government. I might be wrong (because I didn't listen to the whole thing) but did they even sign post to resources for women who might be experiencing discrimination or want to know more about Stat Mat Leave?

I also lol'd hard when Lily reminded Lucy of the job opportunity she (Lily) tried to create for herself at Gleam where she could be the 'creative' who could give 'talent' ideas for pitches if they couldn't think of anything themselves. I can just imagine Lily suggesting 'stop motion' and saying 'walk into your wardrobe in one outfit and come out in another'. And then Lucy saying 'yeah, we're never giving you a job' LOL!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
So there’s a column in the Sunday Times today about how so many Londoners are smug and mistakenly think that everyone envies them - it’s SO Lily, this quote in particular:

At the risk of sounding like the opposite of my liberal metropolitan-elite self, I’ve started finding some aspects of Londoners exceptionally tiresome. It starts with the idea that everyone desperately envies them, which gives rise to smugness and a London-specific kind of overconfidence. But step outside the capital and you realise that the envy thing isn’t true. Teenagers everywhere might envy Londoners, which is only right and proper, but grown adults? I’ve never met one.

I laughed. Hard.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46